Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC (21827 Views)

Bae U In Sex For Skits Scandal / Nigerians Speak About Their Sex For Grades Experiences (Video) / Kemi Olunloyo: Kiki Mordi, Sex For Grades Reporter Is Arrogant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC by LegendVibes: 10:44am On Dec 14, 2020
The BBC says everyone who works on its Africa Eye investigation gets credit without exception to the explosive sex-for-grades documentary released in 2019, Igbere TV reports.

BBC World Service’s publicist Marina Forsythe said the only exception is sequel to security considerations.

Her statement opposes claims by a BBC reporter Ogechi Obidiebube that the story was “hijacked” from her and given to a freelancer Kiki Mordi.

“Every Africa Eye investigation is a team effort and this has been key to the success and impact of our films. Everyone sufficiently involved in an investigation is given appropriate credit and the only exception is when there are security considerations,” Forsythe said.

A source told the online newspaper that a freelancer who had no problem with revealing her identity was brought in because of the threats some BBC staff got after the ‘Sweet Codeine’ investigation revealing drug abuse problem in Nigeria.

BBC insiders also confirmed that Obidiebube was credited in the documentary using the pseudonym “Kemi Alabi”.

But the accolades and awards which have not stopped pouring on Mordi as the star of the story continues to open wounds.

A source said Obidiebube’s name was deliberately removed due to some internal politics in BBC, alleging that one of the top executives was particular about not giving Obidiebube credits for the job done even before the documentary was eventually released.

The source also alleged that the move caused a furore in the BBC office to the point that the organisation specifically sent Obidiebube a letter of commendation to pacify her after the issue had escalated.

It has also been alleged that sex was exchanged for byline in the documentary which sought to expose sexual harassment in Nigerian and Ghanaian varsities.

https://igberetvnews.com/1375311/everyone-journalist-involved-sex-grades-documentary-got-credit-bbc/

Igbere TV reports that on Sunday, Obidiebube tweeted, asking for people’s opinion on cyanide and ricin, two poisonous substances.

“cyanide or ricin?” she asked.

https://twitter.com/ogeobi_/status/1338101741695475716?s=20

About 35 minutes later, she posted a video of herself crying and begging for forgiveness
“for what I’m about to do.”

https://twitter.com/ogeobi_/status/1338110536538533888?s=20

“We are deeply concerned about the welfare of our colleague Ogechi Obidiebube. Ogechi is receiving treatment in hospital and we are providing as much support as we can to her and her family. We request that people respect their privacy at this difficult time,” BBC said.

1 Like

Re: Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC by somebody02: 10:46am On Dec 14, 2020
So, why is Oge crying out right now.
She for don vexxxxx way back.
At least open up when the whole documentary began to blow.
She should take what's left of her L and build something meaningful out of it
PS: not a fan of Kiki

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC by Nobody: 10:56am On Dec 14, 2020
Arrrrrrrh

A source told the online newspaper that a freelancer who had no problem with revealing her identity was brought in because of the threats some BBC staff got after the ‘Sweet Codeine’ investigation revealing drug abuse problem in Nigeria.

BBC insiders also confirmed that Obidiebube was credited in the documentary using the pseudonym “Kemi Alabi”.

But the accolades and awards which have not stopped pouring on Mordi as the star of the story continues to open wounds

If I digest the above context right, I think she was the reason for her misfortune. Is either she She agree her name be replaced with "Kemi Alabi" or it was done intentionally by the executives. She was afraid abi or what? and now she's cryin because mordi got the audience than her.

She don't know journalist takes risk alot; even when investigating a case.

So why is she crying? All this rubbish eh, I just wasted my condolences on her. Suicide is not a way out.

Taste for popularity has push this one to hit bucket. Assuming she hit that desired fame I believe she woñt think of suicide.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC by Berylmatt: 11:04am On Dec 14, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC by toffyz(m): 11:04am On Dec 14, 2020
I'm sorry to have booked this space.

No comment lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:04am On Dec 14, 2020
A source said Obidiebube’s name was deliberately removed due to some internal politics in BBC, alleging that one of the top executives was particular about not giving Obidiebube credits for the job done even before the documentary was eventually released.
Even at that, she shouldn't have attempted to take her life.
There are more things to do in life than make a documentary for BBC.
WE thank God for giving her a second chance to live and enjoy life.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 14, 2020
Ok.. Events have shown clearly that they are after selfish interests and not humanitarian services/justice.. This kind of people won't mind bearing false witness / setting someone up if that would bring them fame/recognition..

May God help this country.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC by EternalBeing: 11:05am On Dec 14, 2020
hh
Re: Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC by GeneralPula: 11:05am On Dec 14, 2020
Journalist..
Lawyer..

Fear those 2..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC by ignis: 11:05am On Dec 14, 2020
Oge please calm down
Re: Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 14, 2020
What's with the credit, isn't the menace curbed more important
What has social media done to us honestly!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:05am On Dec 14, 2020
She should go get a lawyer,
If that will make her feel better.
You are too young and pretty to just waste your life like that darling.

Eat Barbecue and enjoy life mehn!
More documentaries for you to make abegii!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC by Tyrant28: 11:08am On Dec 14, 2020
grin
Re: Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC by bigdammyj: 11:09am On Dec 14, 2020
Noted
Re: Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC by ekevwe(m): 11:09am On Dec 14, 2020
LegendVibes:

https://igberetvnews.com/1375311/everyone-journalist-involved-sex-grades-documentary-got-credit-bbc/

Igbere TV reports that on Sunday, Obidiebube tweeted, asking for people’s opinion on cyanide and ricin, two poisonous substances.

https://twitter.com/ogeobi_/status/1338101741695475716?s=20

About 35 minutes later, she posted a video of herself crying and begging for forgiveness

https://twitter.com/ogeobi_/status/1338110536538533888?s=20

“We are deeply concerned about the welfare of our colleague Ogechi Obidiebube. Ogechi is receiving treatment in hospital and we are providing as much support as we can to her and her family. We request that people respect their privacy at this difficult time,” BBC said.

After reading this Ogechi will take another sniper.

I have grown to understand suicide is not the way out. If you do that I don't feel sorry for you.

There is no trouble one is facing that people have not faced and came out strongly.

This life wahala no dey finish oo

1 Like

Re: Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC by RedScorpion(f): 11:09am On Dec 14, 2020
Hmmm

So she wants public acknowledgment and attract life threats and possibly death to herself ?

It is better they acknowledge you codedly for your good work without attracting enemies.

6 Likes

Re: Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC by DimIsaac10(m): 11:10am On Dec 14, 2020
Truth be told...
Wetin concern brilliant female students with sex for grade..
I don't support sex for grade but you see as a female student, be highly exceptional in academic work..
Re: Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC by TemmyT002(m): 11:12am On Dec 14, 2020
somebody02:
So, why is Oge crying out fowl.

Stop reading headlines alone. Read everything

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC by Maxikenna: 11:12am On Dec 14, 2020
Until the institutions and society starts laying the blame and punishment where it is due, students being harassed will rather take their experiences to their graves. It’s sad but self preservation is the reason a lot of victims are silent.
Re: Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC by chrisdstar: 11:13am On Dec 14, 2020
gaius01:
Arrrrrrrh

If I digest the above context right, I think she was the reason for her misfortune. She agree her name be replaced with "Kemi Alabi". She was afraid abi? and now she's cryin because mordi got the audience than her.

She don't know journalist takes risk alot; even when investigating a case.

So why is she crying? All this rubbish eh, I just wasted my condolences on her. Suicide is not a way out.

Taste for popularity has push this one to hit bucket. Assuming she hit that desired fame I believe she woñt think of suicide.

Where in this post was it mentioned that she agreed that her name be removed or replaced?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC by dheaven: 11:17am On Dec 14, 2020
[/quote]A source said Obidiebube’s name was deliberately removed due to some internal politics in BBC, alleging that one of the top executives was particular about not giving Obidiebube credits for the job done even before the documentary was eventually released.[quote]

2 Likes

Re: Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC by TalkTalkTwins(m): 11:19am On Dec 14, 2020
Ok
Re: Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC by AKWATGOLD1(m): 11:19am On Dec 14, 2020
BBC has cleared the air. Oge pls donot commit suicide again, Kiki Mordi is not taking your credit.
Re: Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC by Shortyy(f): 11:19am On Dec 14, 2020
chrisdstar:

Where in this post was it mentioned that she agreed that her name be removed or replaced?

Read well, you'll see it.

1 Like

Re: Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC by iguita: 11:20am On Dec 14, 2020
I tire oo. Seriously Kiki marketed herself. She put herself out. You cannot blame her for that. It's like you brought up idea for us to do an academic research which we did. And I am telling the world i partook of this research. Na me them go appreciate. The babe has to makret herself.

PS: I am also not a Kiki fan.

somebody02:
So, why is Oge crying out fowl.

1 Like

Re: Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC by Ferdinandu(m): 11:20am On Dec 14, 2020
With these their desperation for fame front and back, who knows whether the poor Lecturers roped in, on their hunt for fame are really guilty as charged. There is nothing a desperado cannot do. These their actions shows that they are not different from the lecturers they allegedly exposed, because they are all in the business of satisfying their selfish interests no matter whose ox is gored

5 Likes

Re: Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC by MyGeneration(m): 11:24am On Dec 14, 2020
That girl was just looking for fame.

U drink 2 bottles of sniper u no die cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC by Simplebeauty: 11:26am On Dec 14, 2020
grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Parents Still Don’t Like My Dreadlocks – Terry G / Mr Jollof Reacts To Regina Daniels Marriage To Ned Nwoko. (photos) / "Music Is Not What I Do, It's What I Am" - Flavour [Photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.