Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,523 members, 7,836,998 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC (21880 Views)

Bae U In Sex For Skits Scandal / Nigerians Speak About Their Sex For Grades Experiences (Video) / Kemi Olunloyo: Kiki Mordi, Sex For Grades Reporter Is Arrogant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC by King44(m): 1:33pm On Dec 14, 2020
sanpipita:
Jealousy is bad, Oge made her terms with BBC but once she saw Kiki winning awards she began feeling sick plus her friends who pushed her to this.
This is another angle to it, but the question is how many people risked it all to bring the case to light?
Re: Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC by Hassanmaye(m): 1:34pm On Dec 14, 2020
Macsjebs:
What's with the credit, isn't the menace curbed more important
What has social media done to us honestly!

I was at the home of an old Nairalander member at Ikeja on Sunday and while opening the door, he screamed: 'Aaahhh!, I can scent you even from inside', macsjebs, ma pa mi na' smiley smiley smiley

I am glad he witnessed first hand all I have been saying about our fragrances. The many reviews Nairalanders posted on the thread on my signature corroborates this
This guy you too much
Re: Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC by sanpipita(m): 1:36pm On Dec 14, 2020
King44:
This is another angle to it, but the question is how many people risked it all to bring the case to light?

Kiki equally risked her life, even since the documentary was released she has received threats and hate more than anything else, what oge did is highly unnecessary might kill her future opportunities

1 Like

Re: Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC by meobizy(f): 1:39pm On Dec 14, 2020
It’s easy for them to destroy people’s lives, but when theirs happens they cry blue murder. Like I said before, she didn’t dance to the white man’s tune so they punished her swiftly. This is why I choose to never regret anything in life. She dwelled on the issue for a full year until yesterday’s inevitable. Death should have crowned her matter because she is too weak for the real world. I even thought she was unemployed; the BBC employed her. This means she’s better off than at least 80% of average Nigerians.
Re: Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC by Shortyy(f): 1:42pm On Dec 14, 2020
milann:
the story says she was deliberately removed for security reasons; you are blind one here. Next time read with your recommended glasses

She agreed her name be replaced with "Kemi Alabi". Read the whole article, you'll see it.
Re: Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC by King44(m): 1:44pm On Dec 14, 2020
sanpipita:

Kiki equally risked her life, even since the documentary was released she has received threats and hate more than anything else, what oge did is highly unnecessary might kill her future opportunities
it may ruin her future opportunities or it may adjust things a bit we can't conclude for now. Besides, if she keeps quite she may end up as a unsong hero and that is like a slow death.

They both risked their lives but she was the one out there on the field, she may have been caught in the process and strangled to death... Case could have been denied and even covered up by lecturers as a whole, drag it till eternity in court till we all forget about it...

She deserves more than ordinary credits

1 Like

Re: Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC by sanpipita(m): 1:53pm On Dec 14, 2020
King44:
it may ruin her future opportunities or it may adjust things a bit we can't conclude for now. Besides, if she keeps quite she may end up as a unsong hero and that is like a slow death.

They both risked their lives but she was the one out there on the field, she may have been caught in the process and strangled to death... Case could have been denied and even covered up by lecturers as a whole, drag it till eternity in court till we all forget about it...

She deserves more than ordinary credits

How does she get what more she deserves if she choose to be anonymous? do you realize she could have come out as kemi alabi without unnecessary drama.

She said she wanted to be anonymous as kemi alabi, BBC granted this, if she changed her mind would be very easy, kemi alabi was mentioned a lot , nobody knew who she was till this drama, Oge did a thread and never even held kiki responsible for anything

1 Like

Re: Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC by King44(m): 1:58pm On Dec 14, 2020
sanpipita:

How does she get what more she deserves if she choose to be anonymous? do you realize she could have come out as kemi alabi without unnecessary drama.

She said she wanted to be anonymous as kemi alabi, BBC granted this, if she changed her mind would be very easy, kemi alabi was mentioned a lot , nobody knew who she was till this drama, Oge did a thread and never even held kiki responsible for anything
That was a mistake on her side... But come to think of it, it would take confidence to defeat fears in her case so she is guilty but not blamed

This is a problem caused by her that has remedy, the needful should be done.
Re: Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC by Nobody: 2:01pm On Dec 14, 2020

1 Like

Re: Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC by DimIsaac10(m): 2:02pm On Dec 14, 2020
Missssii:

That is very untrue and highly ignorant. I’ve been threatened with an extra year by a perverted lecturer. It took all the connections within and outside the faculty to get the messy pervert to grade my project. Even at that he gave me a B (68), when all lecturers who reviewed it earlier said it was an obvious A. Bear in mind that I finished in the top 15% of my set and the only reason why I didn’t finish higher was because my first year results were a mess due to my playfulness. After that, I didn’t get below a 4.0 for subsequent terms, sometimes I’d even get a 4.6 in a term.

We need to stop the false and ignorant narrative that only dull female students are bullied with sex for grades. It has a way of shifting the blame from the perverted lecturers to the female students which is very wrong. As a lecturer, you have the professional duty to avoid relationships with your students. When it’s now even under duress, you’re a criminal.

These perverted lecturers go for any girl that they deem attractive and if she’s got no support system, then they’ll frustrate her till she submits or fails. Let’s be informed please.
Oh! such revelation. Then the female students should start speaking out doh.. Nevertheless, however the narration will choose to appear i condemn sex for grade and such should be seriously dealt with either a male lecturers or their female counterparts..
Re: Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC by Kingfragz: 2:06pm On Dec 14, 2020
MyGeneration:
That girl was just looking for fame.

U drink 2 bottles of sniper u no die cheesy cheesy cheesy
na that 1 mad me sef..people dey drink half bottle off,e come b 2 ....mad oo
Re: Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC by DimIsaac10(m): 2:14pm On Dec 14, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

Not every female student can be exceptional as its with the male as well. That doesn't mean they should be tormented with diick.
Smiles...
Well I don't support sex for grade..
I am also not a lecturer.

There are females students who are even waiting for opportunities to sleep with lectures.. I can't even explain how some of them got admission...
Well I feel when Nigeria is ready and start using merit for many things if not everything alot will change...
First, there are some lecturers that are not supposed to be lecturers....
Some students are not even supposed to get admission let alone graduate...
Well its so unfortunate that some brilliant female students now fall victim for the so called sex for grades and its really uncalled for..
Infact, it so bad in some government institutions that students don't even have a voice because of fear.. So everything still lie down to the whole system...
Well I feel the serious students should start speaking up and neglect fear .
Its a pity, the system allowed it .
Re: Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC by milann: 2:27pm On Dec 14, 2020
Shortyy:

She agreed her name be replaced with "Kemi Alabi". Read the whole article, you'll see it.
she was never informed hence not aware that is why she was pained. Moreover there was politics involved because somebody didnt like her
Re: Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC by MyGeneration(m): 2:31pm On Dec 14, 2020
Kingfragz:
na that 1 mad me sef..people dey drink half bottle off,e come b 2 ....mad oo
First bottle self before u go finish am u don go...

1 Like

Re: Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 14, 2020
DimIsaac10:

Smiles...
Well I don't support sex for grade..
I am also not a lecturer.

There are females students who are even waiting for opportunities to sleep with lectures.. I can't even explain how some of them got admission...
Well I feel when Nigeria is ready and start using merit for many things if not everything alot will change...
First, there are some lecturers that are not supposed to be lecturers....
Some students are not even supposed to get admission let alone graduate...
Well its so unfortunate that some brilliant female students now fall victim for the so called sex for grades and its really uncalled for..
Infact, it so bad in some government institutions that students don't even have a voice because of fear.. So everything still lie down to the whole system...
Well I feel the serious students should start speaking up and neglect fear .
Its a pity, the system allowed it .
Everyone deserves education, irrespective of their ability and disability, merit or demerit. That's why there are classes of grades. Education is power.

When students want to by their way through, it's the duty of the lecturer to resist as he has agreed with the school that offered him the job. Same way a police officer cannot justify taking bride because he was offered.
Re: Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC by sanpipita(m): 4:23pm On Dec 14, 2020
King44:
That was a mistake on her side... But come to think of it, it would take confidence to defeat fears in her case so she is guilty but not blamed

This is a problem caused by her that has remedy, the needful should be done.

Hope so,she seems passionate about her work and also good at it, maybe emotions and friends might be a problem but she can do better after this

1 Like

Re: Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC by goodheart02(m): 5:05pm On Dec 14, 2020
Ferdinandu:
With these their desperation for fame front and back, who knows whether the poor Lecturers roped in, on their hunt for fame are really guilty as charged. There is nothing a desperado cannot do. These their actions shows that they are not different from the lecturers they allegedly exposed, because they are all in the business of satisfying their selfish interests no matter whose ox is gored

The lecturers are guilty. It was a live video secretly recorded by a secret camera. Watch the documentary
Re: Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC by Missssii: 5:06pm On Dec 14, 2020
DimIsaac10:
Oh! such revelation. Then the female students should start speaking out doh.. Nevertheless, however the narration will choose to appear i condemn sex for grade and such should be seriously dealt with either a male lecturers or their female counterparts..

But my brother, you know we always try to speak out. But someway, somehow, the victim always becomes the one who gets all the negative attention and societal ridicule. Silly questions like “what was she looking for in her lecturers office“, “some babes are the ones toasting lecturers”, “you hardly hear first class graduates complaining of sexual assault” etc. will always be made.

A friend of mine had her script destroyed by a lecturer who was sexually harassing her. She was so broken and when she tried to speak up, a senior female lecturer told her to hush it so she will graduate in peace. She ended up retaking the course and was graded an E.

It’s the same way the government marginalizes and torments its citizens. You speak up like we tried to do with the EndSARS protests and they crush you. They even use your fellow citizens to make you look a fool. Some universities even go as far as expelling the students and sending the perverted lecturer on a rushed sabbatical. The lecturer comes back a year after, more cunning and emboldened in his ways.

Until the institutions and society starts laying the blame and punishment where it is due, students being harassed will rather take their experiences to their graves. It’s sad but self preservation is the reason a lot of victims are silent.
Re: Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC by EMMY76: 7:39pm On Dec 14, 2020
I don't see any reason why any reasonable sane person will commit suicide just because of this maybe she has her own personal problems she is already dealing with before. This life is just too sweat to just end it at the slightest provocation.
Re: Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC by DimIsaac10(m): 8:49pm On Dec 14, 2020
Missssii:

But my brother, you know we always try to speak out. But someway, somehow, the victim always becomes the one who gets all the negative attention and societal ridicule. Silly questions like “what was she looking for in her lecturers office“, “some babes are the ones toasting lecturers”, “you hardly hear first class graduates complaining of sexual assault” etc. will always be made.

A friend of mine had her script destroyed by a lecturer who was sexually harassing her. She was so broken and when she tried to speak up, a senior female lecturer told her to hush it so she will graduate in peace. She ended up retaking the course and was graded an E.

It’s the same way the government marginalizes and torments its citizens. You speak up like we tried to do with the EndSARS protests and they crush you. They even use your fellow citizens to make you look a fool. Some universities even go as far as expelling the students and sending the perverted lecturer on a rushed sabbatical. The lecturer comes back a year after, more cunning and emboldened in his ways.

Until the institutions and society starts laying the blame and punishment where it is due, students being harassed will rather take their experiences to their graves. It’s sad but self preservation is the reason a lot of victims are silent.
You are right. I think everything still falls back to the corrupt system...
We should be glad they are now being investigated.
Re: Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC by DimIsaac10(m): 8:50pm On Dec 14, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

Everyone deserves education, irrespective of their ability and disability, merit or demerit. That's why there are classes of grades. Education is power.

When students want to by their way through, it's the duty of the lecturer to resist as he has agreed with the school that offered him the job. Same way a police officer cannot justify taking bride because he was offered.
Atleast let's have a sane society.
Re: Everyone Journalist Involved In Sex For Grades Documentary Got Credit – BBC by giftedben: 5:16am On Dec 15, 2020
This story is just like someone photocopying your work in the examination hall and when results comes out, that person gets more mark than you.

This is annoying. Give credit to those whom deserve credits. Dont wait till that person attempts suicide.

If she hadn't opened up. We won't have known how the story started.

BBC FU*K UP BIG TIME.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ovie Success Ossai And Efe Hang Out After He Slammed BBNaija (Photos) / Patoranking: "Mr Eazi Did Not Introduce Ghanaian Sounds Into Nigerian Music" / Photos From Linda Ikeji's Selfmade Woman Conference In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.