Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

The Risk Of Buying Used Phones ; The China Phone Palava! - Phone/Internet Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone/Internet Market / The Risk Of Buying Used Phones ; The China Phone Palava! (1795 Views)

Buying Used Phones From USA / Bonanza !!! cheap U.K used phones in Benin City. Call Now 08034946141 / Fairly Used Phones From Us For Sale Htc Hd2 And 7, Iphone 4 (32gb) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Risk Of Buying Used Phones ; The China Phone Palava! by samtoye(m): 1:37pm On Mar 25, 2011
As much as trade in used phones is becoming rampant both globally (E bay) and in Naija (Nairaland and Computer Village), we constantly have the fear of buying the fake version 'China' of the phone for the price of an original. Driving to work everyday, i am bombarded by these scruffy looking guys selling wrist watches, suddenly they flash you a Nokia N97 covered under their clothes, for the unwary ones that are "uninitiated" most of these phones are "china" version which you would discover after you take them home. There are some guilty parties on this nairaland too, imagine someone offering a 135k phone for 35k?? now they have gone a step further by selling the "china" version for as close price with the new one just to convince the unwary souls, the China phones have improved so much that they have become a perfect replica of the original except for software differences; you can hardly distinguish the two by sight except when you put it into use. I bought my first Blackberry from ebay after screening out sellers from other countries except US, Blackberry was not common in Nigeria then and i really got a good deal, i have since upgraded to a newer version of the phone which i bought in Nigeria. I want to include an Iphone now but i don't see why i should spend so much for a new one if i can get a neatly used one. I have gotten some offers from Nairalanders but the fear of "China' phone is the beginning of wisdom. So let me go back to my ebay, at least "paypal" would guarantee the satisfaction part of what i buy. Imagine getting home and discovering you bought Iped instead of Ipad!!!!!!!!
Re: The Risk Of Buying Used Phones ; The China Phone Palava! by ava1989(f): 10:45am On Oct 22, 2011
hi, how do u go about buying stuff off e-bay?

(1) (Reply)

Iphone Very Chip For Sale,used One / **Checkout This Power Bank*** 30KMAH, 9k(get This Thank Us Later), 7 DAYS RETURN / Buy Unlocked Blackberry Verizon With 1 Gb Memory Card For 15,000 Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.