Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,650 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos (28996 Views)

From Econet To Airtel: How Many Times Has The Telco Changed Hands? / See How Much A Nokia 3310 Plus Econet Line Cost In 2001 / OPPO Mobile Opens A New Service Centre In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 15, 2020
[quote author=EVILFOREST post=97091554]Meanwhile d MILITANCY/ KIDNAPPING in RIVERS state and NIger Delta is busy chasing away investors.
RIVERINE people neva realize wetin dem do demselves.
People graduate in a lucrative state like RIVERS state and travel to LAGOS in search of jobs.

In Rivers, Militants are enthroned to d sacred seats of Traditional position. Dey have boys armed to d teeth.
Governors issue dem certificate as 1st class chiefs.
Meanwhile see MC OLUOMO, controlling his boys, educating them on the rudiments of investment.
Even as small as LAGOS is, every company that enters Nigeria today wuld want to attach demselves somewia even if it is under d THIRD MAINLAND bridge.
LAGOS remains one of the safest states despite its overpopulation. They accommodate a lot.
PEOPLE drive flashy cars in Lagos freely but you can never try that in Rivers, Bayelsa or Delta state.

[/quote
One of the reason why Nnamdi KANU organised a protest on behalf of stupid Nigerian populace, just to make sure Lagos is demolished. His mission will never be accomplished. If he like, let him and his advisors plan another protest in the name of whatever, it will still fail...

1 Like

Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by 247man: 2:56pm On Dec 15, 2020
Let him build it. Adenuga will buy it.
Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by HomeOfMe(f): 2:57pm On Dec 15, 2020
EcoBrick:

https://punchng.com/econet-begins-construction-of-100m-data-centre-in-lagos/
Econet? That was the first game provider to arrive in Nigeria,and my first SIM card which I paid 12k for in 2001 was Econet. I'm surprised �

1 Like

Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by Judgesledge(m): 3:02pm On Dec 15, 2020
EdoFirstBorn:
[s][/s]

Shut up man make your point or open a separate thread and call them out there

Nuisance
Nice one bro, same answer to every tribal bigot
Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by kitombo: 3:03pm On Dec 15, 2020
tamdun:

U be trouble maker

Pesky!
Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by 9jatriot(m): 3:05pm On Dec 15, 2020
Na Warri own pain me pass.
EVILFOREST:
Meanwhile d MILITANCY/ KIDNAPPING in RIVERS state and NIger Delta is busy chasing away investors.
People graduate in a lucrative state like RIVERS state and travel to LAGOS in search of jobs.

In Rivers, Militants are enthroned to d sacred seats of Traditional position. Dey have boys armed to d teeth.
Meanwhile see MC OLUOMO, controlling his boys, educating them on the rudiments of investment.
Even as small as LAGOS is, every company that enters Nigeria today wuld want to attach demselves somewia even if it is under d THIRD MAINLAND bridge.
LAGOS remains one of the safest states despite its overpopulation. They accommodate a lot.
PEOPLE drive flashy cars in Lagos freely but you can never try that in Rivers, Bayelsa or Delta state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by Judgesledge(m): 3:09pm On Dec 15, 2020
Fmghewzy:

I am also a yoruba man,and I have no issue with igbo people.
Except the ones on Nairaland,they are the most tribalistic set of people I know.
Anytime I show their senseless comments to my igbo friends,they keep telling me to ignore their stupidity.
Sometimes I feel like cautioning a yoruba man or hausa anytime they act stupid(tribalistic) ,but I just let them be cause majority of this people are very ungrateful.(developers).
They are worse
wow, surprised to learn you've thought about cautioning Yoruba or Hausa guys anytime they act stupid, when you've just displayed same attitude here
Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by bigtt76(f): 3:13pm On Dec 15, 2020
I've read several versions on their escapades in Nigeria ...that should've been a red flag to not allow them do business in Nigeria

Ademat7:

You don't jack about what went down, hope you know it's one of d reasons why James Ibori went to prison.
Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 15, 2020
EcoBrick:

https://punchng.com/econet-begins-construction-of-100m-data-centre-in-lagos/

I like the Founder of Econet Mr Strive for his rare courage and tenacity of purpose despite obstacles.

Few months ago, I remembered this man when I think about numerous companies raking millions of naira daily on POS services in Nigeria.

I asked several people where is TPS Nigeria Limited located at CBC Towers Lekki Phase 1 as at 2013/2014 which belongs to Mr Strive - the Econet founder, they said the company seems not to be in operation again. TPS Nigeria invested heavily on POS and financial inclusion for the un - banked population when the services are just being introduced to Nigerians but only to disappear when profits are now being made.

I pray that Strive Masiyiwa is rewarded by God and Regulators for his passion for Nigeria and Africa in general.

1 Like

Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by SEGLIZ: 3:17pm On Dec 15, 2020
YorubaKinging:
The end is near

I'm serious

the rapid spread of technology in particular ict, only the spiritually inclined and wise would understand you.

1 Like

Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by omorttee4u(m): 3:21pm On Dec 15, 2020
Why. Did you leave in the first place. I can remeber then, I got my Econet sim for 7k.
Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by mrkunlex(m): 3:34pm On Dec 15, 2020
This is the real investment we want in yoruba land not those from oloriburuku nyamiri/omoyeebos.

2 Likes

Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by Newton85: 3:34pm On Dec 15, 2020
chinchonglee:

They beat chest because they ve earned it. Go and hustle and beat ur own dry chest

Lol, what have they "earned" that they are chest beating about?
Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by Newton85: 3:38pm On Dec 15, 2020
chinchonglee:

They ve earned money...
Real money...
Yoruba chest beat too. Its an individual something.

Yeah, "real money" like baby factories, kidnappings, parents selling their babies for #400,000, languishing in jails in India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Sri Lanka etc for trafficking in drugs. Yeah, "real money."

1 Like

Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by loopman: 3:40pm On Dec 15, 2020
Ournolly:

Should I be responding jobless tout, who alongside his father crying for their Lord Thinubu to save them from Igbos?

https://www.facebook.com/ifebuche.godswill/videos/2596967860405537/

Stop typing nonsense
Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by Newton85: 3:43pm On Dec 15, 2020
Fmghewzy:

Oooh igbos are always the victim,
why I am Even holding this conversation, you obviously have the same victim mentality I am talking about

The hypocrite you're responding to is Igbo, don't be deceived by his use of "they" to refer to the Igbos.

2 Likes

Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by Fmghewzy(m): 3:56pm On Dec 15, 2020
Judgesledge:
wow, surprised to learn you've thought about cautioning Yoruba or Hausa guys anytime they act stupid, when you've just displayed same attitude here

Think before typing,not Everytime all those savages response you assume in your heads really makes sense when said.

Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by BOLA625(m): 4:00pm On Dec 15, 2020
YOU ARE WELLCOME MY BIG BROTHER.
Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 15, 2020
BOLA625:
YOU ARE WELLCOME MY BIG BROTHER.

Please, they should ask him what happened to TPS Nigeria Limited. Are they still in operation ?
Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by udoka2013: 4:13pm On Dec 15, 2020
loopman:

Truth is always bitter
Truth is always bitter like you said also that is the way your grand papa came from Ilu-oke in those days with Austin lorry.
Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by chinchonglee(m): 4:13pm On Dec 15, 2020
Newton85:

Yeah, "real money" like baby factories, kidnappings, parents selling their babies for #400,000, languishing in jails in India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Sri Lanka etc for trafficking in drugs. Yeah, "real money."
U re not worthy to argue with.
Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by Gracchus: 4:16pm On Dec 15, 2020
winterfell007:

You quickly forget SME in any country is the engine of growth and prosperity. That's why government around the world try to formulate good policies that sees to their continued existence and prosperity.
Those two by two shops you are mocking, you've forgotten though they look small but they come in numbers. That's where the strength comes from. If Fashola reasoned in a myopic way, he wouldn't have bothered reconstructing the roads in Alaba, Idumota and Tradefair markets and LIRS install mini-offices for tax remittances, he should have just dismissed those two-by-two shops as insignificant and unworthy of any attention. But he was wise to know that those shops constitute the SMEs which is vital part of Lagos economy, so use your brain when next you want to insult those igbos boy because the money they raking in can feed your community people for a whole year nonstop.
Lmao. They can't even feed their own community yet, if they can their communities would be the economic base of Nigeria today. You Jean the same fashola that locked down you ladipo for weeks, huh? https://www.nairaland.com/1207073/ladipo-spare-parts-market-finally-shut-down or is it ambode who demolished owonifaari market in oshodi? https://www.nairaland.com/2862110/truth-demolition-owonifari-market-oshodi or should we talk about the recent 23 market demolition, huh? You insecure fools, they demolished a market your people started ranting Yoruba Yoruba everywhere, lmao, same thin they did during the abule ado explosions, started shouting Yoruba up and down, as if if anything happens in your land, we give a damn.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by loopman: 4:28pm On Dec 15, 2020
udoka2013:
Truth is always bitter like you said also that is the way your grand papa came from Ilu-oke in those days with Austin lorry.

Lmaooooo! This one is in severe pain! cheesy
Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by loopman: 4:30pm On Dec 15, 2020
Gracchus:
Lmao. They can't even feed their own community yet, if they can their communities would be the economic base of Nigeria today. You Jean the same fashola that locked down you ladipo for weeks, huh? https://www.nairaland.com/1207073/ladipo-spare-parts-market-finally-shut-down or is it ambode who demolished owonifaari market in oshodi? https://www.nairaland.com/2862110/truth-demolition-owonifari-market-oshodi or should we talk about the recent 23 market demolition, huh? You insecure fools, they demolished a market your people started ranting Yoruba Yoruba everywhere, lmao, same thin they did during the abule ado explosions, started shouting Yoruba up and down, as if if anything happens in your land, we give a damn.

They are cursed to cry and see Yorubas as the source of all their woes grin
Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 15, 2020
EVILFOREST:
Meanwhile d MILITANCY/ KIDNAPPING in RIVERS state and NIger Delta is busy chasing away investors.

Better educate yourself before thinking you're making sense.
What's in Lagos upon all the investments, for your information Lagos isn't a city but slum hub, the same Lagos people who drive flashy cars are killed by fsars.
Abeg this isn't worth celebrating because it doesn't change anything in Nigeria.
So dragging a cable all the way from Europe to a certain place called Lagos in Africa is what is making you reason so little like this?
Nigerians are paying for passports to forget this shithole, you are here making jokes on yourself.
SMH, grin grin
Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by udoka2013: 4:42pm On Dec 15, 2020
loopman:

Lmaooooo! This one is in severe pain! cheesy
I am from Ogbomoso to be precise, if you don't know. Yoruba parlance says ' a bastard points, with a left hand his father's house'. Which state are you truly from? You can't tell me you are from Lagos state. There is no need to insult other tribe for no reason. Have a nice time.
Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by AFONJACOW(m): 4:47pm On Dec 15, 2020
Dead on arrival.... Econet that long gone and forgotten years ago
Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by Boobysmith: 4:48pm On Dec 15, 2020
Welcome back Econet. I hope you will resolve our data hunger issues
Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by KayCee92(m): 4:48pm On Dec 15, 2020
loopman:

Truth is always bitter

Mugu... grin
Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by Coinbased: 4:51pm On Dec 15, 2020
Too expensive data sub

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Infinix Hot 6 And Hot 6 Pro Launch Party (live Pictures) / Get Free 2GB On Airtel Without Tweaking Your IMEI / Help: Why Is My Xender Is Not Connecting? I Have Done Everything I Could

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.