Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,013 members, 7,821,552 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? (8096 Views)

Wife Quarrels With Husband, Dumps Six-month-old Baby On Waste / Mom Drives Away With Her 5-weeks-old Baby On Top Of Car / Men,would You Allow Your Wives Have Their Own Capital Investments? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by Amigoz(f): 3:32pm On Jun 30, 2007
Good day my good people of Nairaland.  Pls I need ur honest and candid opinion regarding this issue.

Early this morning, I had to take time out to retouch my hair the DIY way and we have a three month old baby girl whom my hubby was keepin an eye on while I do my business.  As soon as I started applyin relaxant to my hair, baby started crying her lungs off, nd hubby was in another part of the house busy with God knows wot. I went over to him and said y dont u put baby on ur back and continue with wot u r doing, dat will help to calm baby down.  My people of Nairaland, you should hav seen the way my hubby looked at me  shocked shocked shocked shocked as if I told him to put fire on his head 'shock horror'.

To me it was no big deal, we were @ hme and I did not ask him to go out of the house with the baby on his back. I was just tryin to make his life easier so he can get on with wot he was doing.  I shld hav just ignored both of them, but u know how it is as a mother.

So at this point I will like ur honest opinion pls, was it too big for my mouth to say that my hubby should back our child.  or has anyone of you ever encounterd this with ur hubby as well, I look forward to ur opinions and i will make sure my hubby reads them too so he does not think I was going gaga or maybe I was  wink wink wink wink

Men, women, singletons, married,  ur opinion means a lot. thanks
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by osereka(m): 5:06pm On Jun 30, 2007
for u to open your mouth and tell your husband to carry the baby on his back, is a stupid talk. what do u mean self? is he a nanny?. what is wrong with wives of nowadays self? imagine?
       if na me u try like that, u for know say khaki no be leather. is not that I don't play with my kids or even back them at times, but my wife can never take the gentlility of a tiger for cowardice.
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by ikamefa(f): 5:18pm On Jun 30, 2007
Some men would not read anything into your suggestion,they would even see it as fun-idea cheesy

and they will actually do it, i have seen this with my own eyes

while some like your husband, will read a thousand and one meanings to your suggestion

since you are married to him, you should have been able to decipher or gauge his reactions to your suggestions

in any case ! now you know next time! get your ideas across to him diplomatically
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by mukina2: 5:23pm On Jun 30, 2007
Some Men do carry babies on their backs cheesy
My brother carries my aunts 17th month old child all the time when she's yelling and the moment he carries her, she will stop crying.

its not a crime, you both had the baby, if you are busy let him carry the baby jo angry

Ika my im dey dance dance cry

1 Like

Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by ikamefa(f): 5:25pm On Jun 30, 2007
mukina2:

Some Men do carry babies on their backs cheesy
My brother carries my aunts 17th month old child all the time when she's yelling and the moment he carries her, she will stop crying.

its not a crime, you both had the baby, if you are busy let him carry the baby jo angry

[sub[b]]Ika my im dey dance dance [/b]cry[/sub]

ok ! my liver been cut ! grin aight later dear! wink
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by omoge(f): 5:27pm On Jun 30, 2007
growing up, i saw my dad backing my younger ones atimes smiley
nothing wrong with it, better yet buy a basket and put your baby inside and carry it. it is all an act of helping your iyawo.

the right thing for him to do (living in western world, he should have known better) was to try pacify the baby. it's not only on the back, baby might just be needing attention. i think your husband is wicked!! afterall that's his baby!!

God save my hubby-to-be when he refuses to give me hand with our baby.

on your side, next time i think you should just say ''honey, the baby is crying and i have relaxer on my hands" please carry the baby. don't say carry the baby on your back, he should just carry the baby and then it's left to him to know what to do to make the baby stop crying.
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by osereka(m): 6:48pm On Jun 30, 2007
Mukina, any man will love to carry his child, but not the wifey telling him to do so.
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by GNature(m): 11:48pm On Jun 30, 2007
If my baby is crying and I am baby sitting, I can hold the baby up without necessarily backing the baby. I have no problem at all taking care of a child even if my wife (to be) isn't busy, but I wont back the baby. In the culture I grew up in, men don't back babies.

bawoni mo she ma ma gbomo pon ?
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by spoilt(f): 11:57pm On Jun 30, 2007
osereka:

for u to open your mouth and tell your husband to carry the baby on his back, is a stupid talk. what do u mean self? is he a nanny?. what is wrong with wives of nowadays self? imagine?
if na me u try like that, u for know say khaki no be leather. is not that I don't play with my kids or even back them at times, but my wife can never take the gentlility of a tiger for cowardice.

im sure a woman doesnt climb on top of herself and get pregnant. if the woman who is the weaker vessel can carry a baby who weighs the size of a small bag of salt on her back why cant the man? african men's arguments i cannot understand atimes.

and by the way, carrying the baby on the back or in front doesn't make heaven fall. just carry your pickin. grin

Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by Nobody: 12:08am On Jul 01, 2007
When a wife has to watch what she says to her husband, the one and only person she should be freest with, then there is a problem.

What is wrong with carrying ur baby? Oyinbo man has made it easier by making baby carriers abi wetin dem call am? Abeg carry ya pikin jooo. . . when u dey deposit materials u no know say one day u will have to hold the result? grin

1 Like

Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by spoilt(f): 12:10am On Jul 01, 2007
davidylan:

when u dey deposit materials u no know say one day u will have to hold the result? grin

hehehe. grin
not only hold the result, na carry the result for back!

1 Like

Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by iice(f): 10:17am On Jul 01, 2007
Hold abi put am for hip fa?
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 01, 2007
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by DisGuy: 3:47pm On Jul 01, 2007
Siena:

I'd carry my kid on my back, at home, and in public.

I certainly can't see a problem with it.

same here mate, but depends on what your husband is busy with though undecided
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 01, 2007
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by DisGuy: 11:53pm On Jul 01, 2007
I get the gist, but lets be honest we are not always in the mood to carry those adorable likkle things.
i like babies though the laugh for no reason cheesy
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by Nobody: 12:01am On Jul 02, 2007
the one time i dont want to have anything to do with a baby is when it is diapper time! tongue
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by Naijagal2(f): 12:34am On Jul 02, 2007
osereka or watever ur name is ur a chauvinistic male prick!
if na me b ur wife u go carry dat pikin go work!

2 Likes

Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by Nobody: 12:44am On Jul 02, 2007
Naija*gal:

osereka or watever your name is your a chauvinistic male prick!
if na me b your wife u go carry that pikin go work!

grin grin grin grin to do wetin?
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by kellorah: 12:56am On Jul 02, 2007
I like seeing dads carrying their kids that way instead of just pushing them in the buggy.
It's cute. kiss
I see no biggie in males doing so.
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by spoilt(f): 1:03am On Jul 02, 2007
davidylan:

grin grin grin grin to do wetin?

it goes to show you what women have been forced to do in the name of pickin.how can one ever say work and babies in the same breathe? we actually have to take babies to work sometimes. its that bad. in my next life im gonna be a guy. free from all encumbrances. grin
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by Nobody: 1:11am On Jul 02, 2007
spoilt:

it goes to show you what women have been forced to do in the name of pickin.how can one ever say work and babies in the same breathe? we actually have to take babies to work sometimes. its that bad. in my next life im going to be a guy. free from all encumbrances. grin

e don late. Carry your cross with grace. grin
I thought that was what nurseries where for. My aunt never took her daughters to work, they all went to nurseries until she came back home. I dont really approve of that though as its difficult to build the necessary mother-child bond.
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by Naijagal2(f): 1:38am On Jul 02, 2007
@davidylan,i wanted 2 say but some women carry their babies 2 work
but spoilt has done it for me.women r seriously taken 4 granted.
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by Nobody: 1:46am On Jul 02, 2007
Thank God for women. what would we ever do without you? grin
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by spoilt(f): 1:56am On Jul 02, 2007
@davidylan
i have a six month old.
when i keep my baby with others i am anxious, i sweat, i worry, i fret, i call a hundred times to check in. i guess your mind will never be at rest.
kudos to those corporate establishments that let you take your baby to work.

but i'm still going to be a guy in my next life. grin ive virtually had life sucked out of me just being a mother. cool

1 Like

Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by omogenaija(f): 2:55am On Jul 02, 2007
well how often do u see dudes backing babies ?
u should have just told him to carry her

but anyways if he knows ur busy he should have calmed her down .wat if u wasnt home with them , wat would he do ?
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by kellorah: 2:56am On Jul 02, 2007
i wonder! angry

BTW, i don't like the way u said he looked at u when u asked him to carry the child, BOTH of yous child. na wa. some people sef! angry
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by GNature(m): 3:10am On Jul 02, 2007
omogenaija:

well how often do u see dudes backing babies ?
u should have just told him to carry her

This was my exact point omogenaija.  I'm glad to see a lady shares the same point of view as mine wink
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by spoilt(f): 3:13am On Jul 02, 2007
what difference does it make? carry her, hold her,back her, just take care of the damn baby without making a fuss. grin
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by Nobody: 3:32am On Jul 02, 2007
spoilt:

what difference does it make? carry her, hold her,back her, just take care of the damn baby without making a fuss. grin

make sure you dont insist on this during the world cup. grin For that one month, the baby is all ur responsibility, if anything happens to him/her you will be held responsible.
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by spoilt(f): 3:35am On Jul 02, 2007
no. world cup time the baby is mine. grin
but half time im handing the baby right back. he can analyse while holding the kid.
Re: Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? by Nobody: 3:44am On Jul 02, 2007
you cant analyse a game effectively while holding the baby. You just might want to demonstrate how a free-kick should be taken.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Court Orders Man’s Arrest Over Refusal To Care For Children / My Wife's Friend Mistakenly Saw My John Thomas.. / Does A Father Have The Right To Excessively Beat His Children?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.