Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Construction Process Of Contemporary Mansion At Makogi - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Process Of Contemporary Mansion At Makogi (1990 Views)

Construction Process Of Our Bungalow Apartments. / The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process / CONSTRUCTION PROCESS FOR A 3000 SEATER EVENT CENTRE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Construction Process Of Contemporary Mansion At Makogi by Aventures(m): 3:48pm On Dec 16, 2020
Dear All,

I welcome you on board as we unfold the process of this new project.

Structure Type : A contemporary Duplex

Client : A Nairalander in Diaspora

Foundation type : Raft-pile foundation

Budget: N/A (project to be executed in phases)
Re: Construction Process Of Contemporary Mansion At Makogi by Aventures(m): 3:57pm On Dec 16, 2020
3Ds

Re: Construction Process Of Contemporary Mansion At Makogi by Aventures(m): 4:02pm On Dec 16, 2020
Floor plans

Re: Construction Process Of Contemporary Mansion At Makogi by twinskenny(m): 4:25pm On Dec 16, 2020
Good luck Engr
Re: Construction Process Of Contemporary Mansion At Makogi by mufutau55(m): 5:26pm On Dec 16, 2020
Following Boss.

Hajji M.
Re: Construction Process Of Contemporary Mansion At Makogi by kopell: 6:26pm On Dec 16, 2020
Aventures:
Dear All,

I welcome you on board as we unfold the process of this new project.

Structure Type : A contemporary Duplex

Client : A Nairalander in Diaspora

Foundation type : Raft-pile foundation

Budget: N/A (project to be executed in phases)
Congratulation my able Engineer, nice to see you here again. I hope you’re still available to take our kobokobo project.
Re: Construction Process Of Contemporary Mansion At Makogi by Aventures(m): 6:27pm On Dec 16, 2020
kopell:
Congratulation my able Engineer, nice to see you here again. I hope you’re still available to take our kobokobo project.
Thanks Sir, well available sir
Re: Construction Process Of Contemporary Mansion At Makogi by Aventures(m): 6:52pm On Dec 16, 2020
Foundation Details:
The site is a bit prone to flood due to lack of drainage network and oyan dam. Also the soil nature is greyish soft clay. This kind of clay behave harphazadly when it is soaked with water when the water table is high and when it dries. We considered several options but we decided to take a well informed decision and we did soil test.
The report came out and we found out that the after the top soil it is clay all the way to about 6m before the layer of coarse sand . Also the report informed us that the clay is very soft and it has a high compressibility, there fore 7 meter pile was recommended. The safe bearing capacity is very high and also the clay also has it's own strength.
The consequences of high compressibility of the soft clay is that there is possibility of uneven settlement of perennial cracks as a result of anomalous behavior of the clay (expand during raining season and shrinks during dry season).

Now, the birth of Raft-pile foundation is to combine the strength of the clay at about 300mm below the ground level and safe bearing capacity of the pile. This will bring about less number of piles and moreso the piles will act as nominal pile and it is major purpose is to prevent uneven settlement and possibly structural cracks.

The foundation height is 1.7m so as to mitigate against flooding as much as possible.

A pics showing section of the foundation will be posted shortly

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Process Of Contemporary Mansion At Makogi by folmus: 7:50pm On Dec 16, 2020
following!
Re: Construction Process Of Contemporary Mansion At Makogi by jiday4(m): 8:07pm On Dec 16, 2020
Wow makogi is my area o, following with rapt attention sir . Kudos boss
Re: Construction Process Of Contemporary Mansion At Makogi by ayodele17893: 8:51pm On Dec 16, 2020
:Congratulation my able Engineer, nice to see you here again. I hope you’re still available to take our kobokobo project. Thanks Sir, well available sir
Re: Construction Process Of Contemporary Mansion At Makogi by Aventures(m): 9:19pm On Dec 16, 2020
ayodele17893:
:Congratulation my able Engineer, nice to see you here again. I hope you’re still available to take our kobokobo project. Thanks Sir, well available sir
Thanks sir
Re: Construction Process Of Contemporary Mansion At Makogi by Chekitaut: 9:56pm On Dec 16, 2020
Nice one, am glad to be part of this project, congratulations Eng. Aventure. Nice one. Thumps up

1 Like

Re: Construction Process Of Contemporary Mansion At Makogi by SurveyorGeo: 10:52pm On Dec 16, 2020
Following
Re: Construction Process Of Contemporary Mansion At Makogi by Aventures(m): 2:09pm On Dec 18, 2020
Foundation section

Re: Construction Process Of Contemporary Mansion At Makogi by Aventures(m): 2:13pm On Dec 18, 2020
Soil test pictures.

Re: Construction Process Of Contemporary Mansion At Makogi by Aventures(m): 2:16pm On Dec 18, 2020
Pile work pics. The piling was done using Hydra rotary machine

Re: Construction Process Of Contemporary Mansion At Makogi by kopell: 3:14am On Dec 20, 2020
Aventures:
Soil test pictures.
Engineer I beg where is this place called Makogi? You don't have to expose the exact location because of privacy. I never heard of this place before, I just want to have an idea if it's in Lagos.
Re: Construction Process Of Contemporary Mansion At Makogi by jiday4(m): 9:07am On Dec 20, 2020
kopell:
Engineer I beg where is this place called Makogi? You don't have to expose the exact location because of privacy. I never heard of this place before, I just want to have an idea if it's in Lagos.

Makogi is inside Magboro ,Ogun State but very close to Lagos
Re: Construction Process Of Contemporary Mansion At Makogi by Aventures(m): 6:42am On Dec 21, 2020
jiday4:

Makogi is inside Magboro ,Ogun State but very close to Lagos
Thanks. Very correct �
Re: Construction Process Of Contemporary Mansion At Makogi by ArcToyin(m): 5:19pm On Dec 25, 2020
Let me follow for the first time.
Re: Construction Process Of Contemporary Mansion At Makogi by mendii(m): 6:29pm On Dec 27, 2020
mufutau55:
Following Boss.
Hajji M.
wow You seem to follow every construction related thread
Re: Construction Process Of Contemporary Mansion At Makogi by mufutau55(m): 7:01pm On Dec 27, 2020
mendii:
wow
You seem to follow every construction related thread

Yes Sir. That is how we learn. Thank you.

Hajji M.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Construction Process Of Contemporary Mansion At Makogi by Aventures(m): 9:32pm On Dec 24, 2021
Season Greetings to all,
We are happy to close the years with the construction of this project decking.

Re: Construction Process Of Contemporary Mansion At Makogi by Aventures(m): 9:34pm On Dec 24, 2021
More pictures.
This is a frame structure construction.

Re: Construction Process Of Contemporary Mansion At Makogi by Aventures(m): 9:35pm On Dec 24, 2021
Perforated canopy 1.5m x 6.5m

Re: Construction Process Of Contemporary Mansion At Makogi by Aventures(m): 9:58pm On Dec 24, 2021
More views

Re: Construction Process Of Contemporary Mansion At Makogi by Aventures(m): 10:08pm On Dec 24, 2021
Some updated 3Ds

Re: Construction Process Of Contemporary Mansion At Makogi by Aventures(m): 11:22am On Jan 19, 2022
Pics update. Steel shuttered erected for columns

Re: Construction Process Of Contemporary Mansion At Makogi by Aventures(m): 11:25am On Jan 19, 2022
More pics

Re: Construction Process Of Contemporary Mansion At Makogi by Aventures(m): 1:23pm On Jan 19, 2022
Steel columns shutters for rent
3m high
Re: Construction Process Of Contemporary Mansion At Makogi by Aventures(m): 8:10pm On Sep 24, 2022
Our mansion progressing with work on roof gutter, concrete sun breakers, pragolas

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

To Let : A Room & R/parlour In Ojota & Ogudu / Roof Top Ventilator / 3D Wall Panel At A Very Cheap Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.