Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,138 members, 7,811,202 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

Lucy Bronze Named The Best FIFA Women’s Player Of The Year For 2020 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lucy Bronze Named The Best FIFA Women’s Player Of The Year For 2020 (18136 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Has Been Named The Manchester United Player Of The Year / Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time / Wilfred Ndidi Named The Best Tackler In English Premier League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lucy Bronze Named The Best FIFA Women’s Player Of The Year For 2020 by robosky02(m): 12:45pm On Dec 18, 2020
Bronze named The Best FIFA Women’s Player of the Year for 20

Lucy Bronze has been named as The Best FIFA Women’s Player of the Year for 2020!

The 29-year-old has also been included in the FIFA FIFPRO Women’s World XI for the third time in the last four years - a line-up which is chosen and compiled by her fellow professionals.

Bronze saw off competition for the main accolade meanwhile from former Lyon teammate Wendie Renard and Chelsea striker Pernille Harder, with this the latest addition in a long line of personal awards for the defender.

The year of 2020 has seen the seasoned full-back win the UEFA Women’s Champions League for a third successive time with Olympique Lyonnais, completing a treble winning 2019/20 campaign that also saw her lift the Division 1 Feminine and Coupe de France.

And following her return to Manchester City, she was victorious in the Women’s FA Cup Final against Everton at Wembley Stadium in November.

These personal honours meanwhile are in addition to her being named as BBC Women’s Footballer of the Year back in March.

BUY LUCY'S #20 SHIRT

Speaking about both awards, Bronze said: "What a surprise - even be nominated alongside the two other players, they are both incredible players and outstanding human beings as well.

"I don't think I have the words right now to explain how I am feeling. If there is anything 2020 has taught us, it is to appreciate every moment you have, never look too far ahead and live in the here and now.

"I will appreciate winning this award now more than ever and I will remember this moment for the rest of my life."

The New Recruits: Watch now on CITY+
WATCH: The New Recruits: Watch now on CITY+

WOMEN'S TEAM

Hemp: Wonder strike left me in shock!
Ferran Soriano, Chief Executive Officer of Manchester City, said: “This is totally deserved for Lucy and the latest in a long list of personal awards over the course of her career so far.

“She is an incredible talent and global recognition like this is testament to the world-class player that she has become.

“Bringing her back to the Club in the summer was a huge signal of intent for both ourselves and Lucy in terms of how we both view the future of our women’s team.

“Everybody at Manchester City is extremely proud of her individual successes at The Best FIFA Awards 2020 and hope that they are the first of many for her in a City shirt.”

Gavin Makel – Managing Director of Manchester City Women - echoed those sentiments, adding: “Everyone at Manchester City Football Club sends huge congratulations to Lucy on what is an amazing achievement.

“She thoroughly deserves this award, having proven time and again that she is up there with the world’s elite.

“We couldn’t be more delighted for her in what is special recognition of her abilities, professionalism and drive to succeed at the highest level.”

Get the Official Manchester City Start page for your Chrome browser. Add the extension to your browser, for the latest news and wallpapers in your desktop tab.

https://www.mancity.com/news/womens/lucy-bronze-fifa-fifpro-winner-63743827

2 Likes

Re: Lucy Bronze Named The Best FIFA Women’s Player Of The Year For 2020 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:03pm On Dec 18, 2020
She deserves it absolutely.
D girl dey ball no be small.

She will definitely benched half of the pregnant men in that Arsenal Team!

No Cap!
cool

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lucy Bronze Named The Best FIFA Women’s Player Of The Year For 2020 by handsomeyinka(m): 6:03pm On Dec 18, 2020
Congrats to her

WISHING ALL MY NAIRALAND FRIENDS A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR IN ADVANCE.

LET US ALL GIVE THANKS TO GOD AND ALLAH FOR GUIDING US THROUGH THIS TOUGH YEAR.

2021 WILL BE A PROSPEROUS YEAR FOR ALL OF US..Amen.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lucy Bronze Named The Best FIFA Women’s Player Of The Year For 2020 by thatsleepboy1: 6:03pm On Dec 18, 2020
When will we start watching the women's game officially in the world. Abeg mẹ I'm getting tired if Messi and his cohorts biko

2 Likes

Re: Lucy Bronze Named The Best FIFA Women’s Player Of The Year For 2020 by revived: 6:03pm On Dec 18, 2020
Good
Re: Lucy Bronze Named The Best FIFA Women’s Player Of The Year For 2020 by Wisdomhood: 6:04pm On Dec 18, 2020
Congratulations to her
Re: Lucy Bronze Named The Best FIFA Women’s Player Of The Year For 2020 by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 6:04pm On Dec 18, 2020
Na your handwork, kudus.
Re: Lucy Bronze Named The Best FIFA Women’s Player Of The Year For 2020 by Verambaa(f): 6:04pm On Dec 18, 2020
I even thought it was Lucy big brother
Re: Lucy Bronze Named The Best FIFA Women’s Player Of The Year For 2020 by jawalis(m): 6:06pm On Dec 18, 2020
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQSTUVWXYZ

“R” is missing. I know no one reads to the end.

1 Like

Re: Lucy Bronze Named The Best FIFA Women’s Player Of The Year For 2020 by QualityMain: 6:06pm On Dec 18, 2020
It is well

. Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

1 Like

Re: Lucy Bronze Named The Best FIFA Women’s Player Of The Year For 2020 by slawormiir: 6:06pm On Dec 18, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Perfect
Re: Lucy Bronze Named The Best FIFA Women’s Player Of The Year For 2020 by NwaOhafia: 6:06pm On Dec 18, 2020
grin
Re: Lucy Bronze Named The Best FIFA Women’s Player Of The Year For 2020 by sanemind5(m): 6:08pm On Dec 18, 2020
Ok...thats nice
Re: Lucy Bronze Named The Best FIFA Women’s Player Of The Year For 2020 by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 18, 2020
Abeg who dey watch women football
Re: Lucy Bronze Named The Best FIFA Women’s Player Of The Year For 2020 by handsomeyinka(m): 6:08pm On Dec 18, 2020
post=97202718:
She deserves it absolutely.
D girl dey ball no be small.

She will definitely benched half of the pregnant men in that Arsenal Team!

No Cap!
cool

Why you dey abuse our arsenal.

It's just a test of time..we shall overcome it

Am a loyal Gunners Fan.
Re: Lucy Bronze Named The Best FIFA Women’s Player Of The Year For 2020 by KhingLufem1(m): 6:11pm On Dec 18, 2020
Good for her
Re: Lucy Bronze Named The Best FIFA Women’s Player Of The Year For 2020 by Nobody: 6:11pm On Dec 18, 2020
Well deserved...

Check the link below biko, your ideas are needed!

https://www.nairaland.com/6315630/
Re: Lucy Bronze Named The Best FIFA Women’s Player Of The Year For 2020 by Passionate888: 6:11pm On Dec 18, 2020
Congrats to her
Re: Lucy Bronze Named The Best FIFA Women’s Player Of The Year For 2020 by anonymous1759(m): 6:14pm On Dec 18, 2020
jawalis:
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQSTUVWXYZ

“R” is missing. I know no one reads to the end.

Who cares undecided

2 Likes

Re: Lucy Bronze Named The Best FIFA Women’s Player Of The Year For 2020 by Danny50: 6:16pm On Dec 18, 2020
As calabar boy wey i be... Congrats sweet heart.
Re: Lucy Bronze Named The Best FIFA Women’s Player Of The Year For 2020 by Hndrrxxx(m): 6:16pm On Dec 18, 2020
Re: Lucy Bronze Named The Best FIFA Women’s Player Of The Year For 2020 by rusher14: 6:16pm On Dec 18, 2020
Bronze wins gold.

1 Like

Re: Lucy Bronze Named The Best FIFA Women’s Player Of The Year For 2020 by Igwe355(f): 6:17pm On Dec 18, 2020
Ok
Re: Lucy Bronze Named The Best FIFA Women’s Player Of The Year For 2020 by QualitySharp10: 6:17pm On Dec 18, 2020
Re: Lucy Bronze Named The Best FIFA Women’s Player Of The Year For 2020 by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 18, 2020
anonymous1759:

Who cares undecided
I no know ooo
Re: Lucy Bronze Named The Best FIFA Women’s Player Of The Year For 2020 by WowSweetGuy(m): 6:18pm On Dec 18, 2020
Oshoala comes to mind

2 Likes

Re: Lucy Bronze Named The Best FIFA Women’s Player Of The Year For 2020 by paulolee(m): 6:18pm On Dec 18, 2020
well deserved n no competition, I see our own oshoola winning this award next year..

1 Like

Re: Lucy Bronze Named The Best FIFA Women’s Player Of The Year For 2020 by Bahamas95(m): 6:18pm On Dec 18, 2020
PERNILLE HARDER ......Nawa for oyibo names o grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

ZZINI Media Sues Floyd Mayweather For $2M / Rohr: Nigeria Cannot Beat Mexico With Home Based Players / Warri Wolves Vs AC Leopards: CAF Confedration Cup (3 - 1) On 6th June 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.