Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,307 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

My Experience After Taking This Drink - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Experience After Taking This Drink (3763 Views)

Can You Take 3 Of This Drink In One Hour? / Can You Finish This Drink In One Sitting? / Do You Remember This Drink? (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience After Taking This Drink by Decryptor(m): 12:19pm On Dec 20, 2020
Yesterday, something crazy and frightening happened to me.

I usually drink Teem bitter lemon and this is the only soda i take and i drink it like once in a week.

Then just yesterday morning after preparing some pasta, i decided to go to a nearby store to get me a bottle of teem ro wash it down only for me to get there and the woman in the store told me Teem was not in the fridge. I was about to turn back and go home to eat my pasta with ordinary water but she called me back and asked me to take this drink called Bold Ginger. If only i had said No and gone back home as i always do when other shop owners tell me to take coke, fanta etc when my favorite Teem is no available, maybe i won't be in this precarious condition.

Out of curiosity and the fact that i actually have tasted that Bold Ginger before and i remembered it had some gingery taste like that, i decided to give it a try. I opened the drink halfway home to take a sip and immediately tit went through my palette and throat, i felt this kind of refreshment that i couldn't resist the urge not to take pauses in-between taking gulps of drink which is normal.

I downed the bottle within 2 mins and was like "Oh well...maybe it is because i was thirsty" and opted to go and eat my pasta with ordinary water. But on getting to the gate of my house, i felt this uncontrollable urge to get another bottle. I tried to fight it but i couldn't and before you could say "Bubu", i was on my way to that woman's shop again and found myself paying for another bottle of Bold Ginger.

I got home after drinking almost half of it on the way and settled down to eat breakfast and drank the remaining. It wasn't up to 30 mins after i had finished eating, that uncontrollable urge came again to drink Bold Ginger but i was watching a movie so i pretended not to pay attention.
But before i knew it, i started off to the woman's shop to buy another bottle of this drink.

Just after about 1 hour, i started having another craving for another bottle. I tried to fight it off but it was as if i was under the influence of narcotics.

I started hyperventilating and became restless. All my body system was bent on taking that drink once more.I thought i was going mad and before i knew it, i was running like craze man to the shop. On the whole, i took 5 bottles of that Bold Ginger yesterday.

Only for me to wake up this morning and i am beginning to have that urge to drink it again and as i type this, i am feeling that gingery taste of it on my mouth which i know is not there but wants to be there. I even had to rush to aboki that sells fruits and vegetables down the street to buy Ginger only for it to get worse.

I want to know if anybody has felt or is feeling the same way because it has become a huge source of concern.

To medical experts in the house...Is there any medical or psychological explanation to this?

I suspect the producers of that drink put an additive in it because Teem wey i dey drink for almost a year now no dey shack me like this undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience After Taking This Drink by Pearlqueen(f): 12:33pm On Dec 20, 2020
Marketer...well done!

11 Likes

Re: My Experience After Taking This Drink by Segom: 12:33pm On Dec 20, 2020
Decryptor:

I usually drink Teem bitter lemon and this is the only soda i take and i drink it like once in a week.

Then just yesterday morning after preparing some pasta, i decided to go to a nearby store to get me a bottle of teem ro wash it down only for me to get there and the woman in the store told me Teem was not in the fridge. I was about to turn back and go home to eat my pasta with ordinary water but she called me back and asked me to take this drink called Bold Ginger. If only i had said No and gone back home as i always do when other shop owners tell me to take coke, fanta etc when my favorite Teem is no available, maybe i won't be in this precarious condition.

Out of curiosity and the fact that i actually have tasted that Bold Ginger before and i remembered it had some gingery taste like that, i decided to give it a try. I opened the drink halfway home to take a sip and immediately tit went through my palette and throat, i felt this kind of refreshment that i couldn't resist the urge not to take pauses in-between taking gulps of drink which is normal.

I downed the bottle within 2 mins and was like "Oh well...maybe it is because i was thirsty" and opted to go and eat my pasta with ordinary water. But on getting to the gate of my house, i felt this uncontrollable urge to get another bottle. I tried to fight it but i couldn't and before you could say "Bubu", i was on my way to that woman's shop again and found myself paying for another bottle of Bold Ginger.

I got home after drinking almost half of it on the way and settled down to eat breakfast and drank the remaining. It wasn't up to 30 mins after i had finished eating, that uncontrollable urge came again to drink Bold Ginger but i was watching a movie so i pretended not to pay attention.
But before i knew it, i started off to the woman's shop to buy another bottle of this drink.

Just after about 1 hour, i started having another craving for another bottle. I tried to fight it off but it was as if i was under the influence of narcotics.

I started hyperventilating and became restless. All my body system was bent on taking that drink once more.I thought i was going mad and before i knew it, i was running like craze man to the shop. On the whole, i took 5 bottles of that Bold Ginger yesterday.

Only for me to wake up this morning and i am beginning to have that urge to drink it again and as i type this, i am feeling that gingery taste of it on my mouth which i know is not there but wants to be there. I even had to rush to aboki that sells fruits and vegetables down the street to buy Ginger only for it to get worse.

I want to know if anybody has felt or is feeling the same way because it has become a huge source of concern.

To medical experts in the house...Is there any medical or psychological explanation to this?

I suspect the producers of that drink put an additive in it because Teem wey i dey drink for almost a year now no dey shack me like this undecided
FTC
Re: My Experience After Taking This Drink by Samakus(m): 12:35pm On Dec 20, 2020
A very lame advert. Zero creativity.

If you're very well paid to be this 'uncreative', then you're just a Nigerian version of Willian that Chelsea 'dashed' Arsenal only for him to be shit

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Taking This Drink by LawLord247: 12:41pm On Dec 20, 2020
Ok
Re: My Experience After Taking This Drink by Decryptor(m): 12:44pm On Dec 20, 2020
Pearlqueen:
Marketer...well done!

Oga, i am not marketing anything! This drink is made by La Casera company and they have all the financial resources to do their marketing if they wish to. Besides it you are a rational thinker, you would know that this very post can de-market them because many people who may have not taken it might become wary and decide never to.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience After Taking This Drink by Decryptor(m): 12:48pm On Dec 20, 2020
Samakus:

If you're very well paid to be this 'uncreative', then you're just a Nigerian version of Willian that Chelsea 'dashed' Arsenal only for him to be shit

Jeez! What the hell is wrong with you? Does this look like an advert to you?

So if something that possibly has addictive in it is being complained about by someone who took it, you believe people who are wary of not wanting to get addicted will try it out because it is seen as an advert?

Sorry but you are a very good example of an educated illiterate which likens reality to nothing but football since that seems to be all you know undecided

3 Likes

Re: My Experience After Taking This Drink by Samakus(m): 12:51pm On Dec 20, 2020
Decryptor:

Jeez! What the hell is wrong with you? Does this look like an advert to you?

So if something that possibly has addictive in it is being complained about by someone who took it, you believe people who are wary of not wanting to get addicted will try it out because it is seen as an advert?

Sorry but you are a very good example of an educated illiterate undecided

I expected you to rant.

Go and up your game mister. You're uncreative for a marketer

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Taking This Drink by Decryptor(m): 12:59pm On Dec 20, 2020
Samakus:

I expected you to rant.

Go and up your game mister. You're uncreative for a marketer

I come online to talk of my experiences after taking something i feel is addictive and you call it marketing

Just like somebody who may come online to talk about an addition to cocaine and a dimwitted gambling recluse like you would opine that he is marketing cocaine? undecided

Go to the nearest Bet9ja shop and throw away money today as you have always been doing and will always continue to do for the rest of your life. I have always know that gamblers have zero sense and you are a real proof!
Re: My Experience After Taking This Drink by Qpid5(m): 1:36pm On Dec 20, 2020
Pearlqueen:
Marketer...well done!
grin
Pearlqueen:
Marketer...well done!

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Taking This Drink by Samakus(m): 3:49pm On Dec 20, 2020
Decryptor:

I come online to talk of my experiences after taking something i feel is addictive and you call it marketing

Just like somebody who may come online to talk about an addition to cocaine and a dimwitted gambling recluse like you would opine that he is marketing cocaine? undecided

Go to the nearest Bet9ja shop and throw away money today as you have always been doing and will always continue to do for the rest of your life. I have always know that gamblers have zero sense and you are a real proof!

My joy is that I'm not alone in thinking that this is a charade of a marketing strategy as evidenced by the comments up there.

And hey, I bet. And I'm still far better by you in all round, by HIS grace. Emphasis on "all round"

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Taking This Drink by NovaCare: 7:51pm On Dec 20, 2020
Samakus:

I doubt he is marketing this because the last thing someone marketing a beverage will do is to say it has addictive ingredients. That alone is a red flag.

6 Likes

Re: My Experience After Taking This Drink by NovaCare: 8:04pm On Dec 20, 2020
Decryptor:

This bolt drink is made by lacasera and that was how lacasera was so popular with huge sales because their was some sort of ingredients that makes you crave for more. I think they added the same ingredient in that ginger drink. Secondly, such ingredients were made to play with a certain hormone in the brain called the hippocampus which is a horseshoe-shaped membrane located in your temporal lobe, is responsible for making short-term and long-term memories.

The hippocampus in your instance enables you to remember the taste of teem versus the ginger drink.

Solution: Just fight the cravings and take foods high in calcium so that it alters those cravings and before long, the addiction will subside.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience After Taking This Drink by Decryptor(m): 8:21pm On Dec 20, 2020
Samakus:

My joy is that I'm not alone in thinking that this is a charade of a marketing strategy as evidenced by the comments up there.

Of course you are not alone! The population of idiots in the universe is not made up by a single person alone. At times, phenomena like idiocy and gambling both of which you possess is even hereditary!

And hey, I bet. And I'm still far better by you in all round, by HIS grace. Emphasis on "all round"

Thank God you said by HIS GRACE meaning that it is still an expectation.
Re: My Experience After Taking This Drink by Decryptor(m): 8:27pm On Dec 20, 2020
NovaCare:

This bolt drink is made by lacasera and that was how lacasera was so popular with huge sales because their was some sort of ingredients that makes you crave for more. I think they added the same ingredient in that ginger drink. Secondly, such ingredients were made to play with a certain hormone in the brain called the hippocampus which is a horseshoe-shaped membrane located in your temporal lobe, is responsible for making short-term and long-term memories.

The hippocampus in your instance enables you to remember the taste of teem versus the ginger drink.

Solution: Just fight the cravings and take foods high in calcium so that it alters those cravings and before long, the addiction will subside.

Thank you so much sir/ma. It's good to know that nairaland has some learned people which can give response to certain cases like this unlike uneducated dimwits who will always misinterpret what someone has in mind.

I noticed the same thing in lacasera when it debuted years back so you are absolutely not far from the truth.

I had to stop taking it entirely as soon as i started. I guess i will just have to zero my mind from taking it when the urge creeps in
Re: My Experience After Taking This Drink by Decryptor(m): 8:31pm On Dec 20, 2020
NovaCare:

I doubt he is marketing this because the last thing someone marketing a beverage will do is to say it has addictive ingredients. That alone is a red flag.

Please educate the illiterate for me. I doubt he Samakus even knows what the word "addictives" is.

His world revolves around growing beards and playing bet9ja so it is evident that he is empty headed. Foolish people everywhere undecided
Re: My Experience After Taking This Drink by Samakus(m): 11:21pm On Dec 20, 2020
Decryptor:

Of course you are not alone! The population of idiots in the universe is not made up by a single person alone. At times, phenomena like idiocy and gambling both of which you possess is even hereditary!

Thank God you said by HIS GRACE meaning that it is still an expectation.

Are you not too old to be this uncultured?

Just asking

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Taking This Drink by Samakus(m): 11:22pm On Dec 20, 2020
Decryptor:

Please educate the illiterate for me. I doubt he Samakus even knows what the word "addictives" is.

His world revolves around growing beards and playing bet9ja so it is evident that he is empty headed. Foolish people everywhere undecided

Easy Tiger. Easy!

Did I break a nerve? grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Taking This Drink by stellaiyede: 11:50pm On Dec 20, 2020
Samakus:

You sound so dumb. Nairaland is full of dumb and frustrated fellows, anyways. Op, resist the urge when it comes by all means. It will wear off in a few days. You'll be fine.

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Taking This Drink by Samakus(m): 11:54pm On Dec 20, 2020
stellaiyede:
You sound so dumb. Nairaland is full of dumb and frustrated fellows, anyways. Op, resist the urge when it comes by all means. It will wear off in a few days. You'll be fine.

Time registered: September 05, 2020

This is either a kid or a fake account. How can i possibly argue with such a personality?

Have a beautiful night rest

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Taking This Drink by stellaiyede: 12:04am On Dec 21, 2020
Samakus:

Time registered: September 05, 2020

This is either a kid or a fake account. How can i possibly argue with such a personality?

Have a beautiful night rest
Like I said, you're dumb. So dumb to think I have to have registered 100 years ago to be an adult or a real account. Very dumb boy. Like the op said, go to ur betting zone n waste ur life there. You guys have no joy and want to spread it.

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Taking This Drink by Samakus(m): 12:08am On Dec 21, 2020
stellaiyede:
Like I said, you're dumb. So dumb to think I have to have registered 100 years ago to be an adult or a real account. Very dumb boy. Like the op said, go to ur betting zone n waste ur life there. You guys have no joy and want to spread it.

Check the profile of the person you're practising your new found unruliness on, I believe you will calm down.

That will be all from me, henceforth. Like I said earlier, have a beautiful night rest
Re: My Experience After Taking This Drink by stellaiyede: 12:15am On Dec 21, 2020
Samakus:

Check the profile of the person you're practising your new found unruliness on, I believe you will calm down.

That will be all from me, henceforth. Like I said earlier, have a beautiful night rest
Pls go and sleep. Check your profile for what. That you the president? Park well. Broke ass niggas forming badass on a faceless forum. Dumb boy.

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Taking This Drink by Samakus(m): 12:21am On Dec 21, 2020
stellaiyede:
Pls go and sleep. Check your profile for what. That you the president? Park well. Broke ass niggas forming badass on a faceless forum. Dumb boy.

One more reply to make your night cheesy

Definitely, this moniker is fake and created for scam. Why will any reasonable male use a feminine name for his moniker if not to scam innocent, unsuspecting people?

Samakus doesn't argue with scammers. A peaceful night to you, if your sins will allow you! grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: My Experience After Taking This Drink by stellaiyede: 12:35am On Dec 21, 2020
Samakus:

One more reply to make your night cheesy

Definitely, this moniker is fake and created for scam. Why will any reasonable male use a feminine name for his moniker if not to scam innocent, unsuspecting people?

Samakus doesn't argue with scammers. A peaceful night to you, if your sins will allow you! grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Spoken like the dumbo you are. Somehow, you manage to convince yourself you are making sense. And the fool keeps replying. I thought I was a kid n you dont indulge kids? You are so low in the real world you think craving relevance online will make it better. Dumb boy.
Re: My Experience After Taking This Drink by Decryptor(m): 8:53am On Dec 21, 2020
Samakus:

Are you not too old to be this uncultured?

Just asking

Bad damage control! Ask yourself if you aren't to old to spew rubbish on my thread
Re: My Experience After Taking This Drink by Decryptor(m): 8:55am On Dec 21, 2020
Samakus:

Easy Tiger. Easy!

Did I break a nerve? grin

Naaah! You didn't break a nerve. I was just reacting to your folly which has finally been exposed! cheesy cheesy
Re: My Experience After Taking This Drink by Decryptor(m): 8:57am On Dec 21, 2020
stellaiyede:

Thanks stellaiyede.

The population of dumbos on this forum is really sickening!

Novacare has really cleared the air for me and said the same thing you just said. I appreciate
Re: My Experience After Taking This Drink by stellaiyede: 4:45pm On Dec 21, 2020
You're welcome, bro. Time Someone started putting them dumb asses in their place. They've made mess of the forum. Always bringing their negative energy into every matter. If you don't have something nice to say, keep quite. But no, they go about spewing the frustration of their failed lives on every tread. Meanwhile, in the real world, they're irrelevant.

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Taking This Drink by symbianDON(m): 7:15pm On Dec 21, 2020
Decryptor:

la casera and associated drinks use artificial sweetners like aspartame and sucralose. the effects you felt are as a result of the artificial sweetners used.

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Taking This Drink by Chibuezem(m): 2:12pm On Jan 24, 2022
Decryptor:
This bold ginger drink should have killed my uséless father and prostítute mother when they drank it.

I hate the both of them for bringing me into this world as I have ended up being useless like they both are. undecided
this bold ginger drink should have kkilled you.EWhy would you wish for the death of you parents, even calling your mum a prostitute.
May Allah have mercy on you

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Taking This Drink by Decryptor(m): 3:09pm On Jan 24, 2022
Chibuezem:

This bold ginger drink should have killed my uséless father and prostítute mother when they drank it.

I hate the both of them for bringing me into this world as I have ended up being useless like they both are. angry angry

The poster is correct.

I am an Ewu gambia

Oh my goodness! This is serious. What have your parents done to you that you are abusing them like this and wishing them death? grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Best Oron Crayfish From Akwa Ibom State / What Is Cochorus Olitorus / Where Can I Buy Correct Bush Meat In Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.