Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,251 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Mother Of Five Commits Suicide In Ebonyi (Graphic Photo) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Mother Of Five Commits Suicide In Ebonyi (Graphic Photo) (41097 Views)

Shoprite Worker Commits Suicide In Akure After Being Suspended From Work / Lady Survives Bullet In Her Head For Five Days In Ebonyi (Graphic Photos) / Victor Ojeamiran: Soldier Commits Suicide In Yobe, Leaves Note For Wife(Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother Of Five Commits Suicide In Ebonyi (Graphic Photo) by nwekeugochukwu: 9:25pm On Dec 21, 2020
A mother of five identified as Ifeoma Otubo has committed suicide at Okposi Umuoghara, in Ezza North local government Area of Ebonyi State, IgbereTV reports.

The 45-year-old woman was found hanging from a mango tree behind her house in the early hours of Sunday, December 20.

The deceased's brother, Christopher Oyibo, who confirmed the incident, said she had attempted to commit suicide in 2014 because of hardship but was rescued.

It was gathered that before she took the drastic action, she had lamented that she was finding it difficult to take care of her children.

According to a source from the community, the deceased and family were displaced due to the Ezza/Eziulo lingering communal crisis in Ishielu local government area of the state.

"She was among the people displaced by Ezza/Eziulo war. She returned to her father’s house having been displaced by the communal war together with the husband and children but since that time, life has not been easy for the family. About five years ago she attempted suicide but was stopped by people who saw her," the source said.

"But this time around, the husband said he entered his room because they were given two rooms by the wife’s family, so he entered his room while she the deceased entered into her room with the children. Very early in the morning when the children woke up to ease themselves they saw their mother hanging on the mango tree behind their house.

"It was said that the diseased during her first suicide attempt gave hardship as reason because before the war they were living well and had a personal business shop she was managing but when they relocated to the fathers’ house at Umuoghara they became small farmers and life became hard.” the source added.

Spokesman of the State Police Command, Loveth Odah, who confirmed the report described the incident as unfortunate and conveyed the CP’s heartfelt condolences to the deceased's family.

Odah urged the IDPs not to lose hope noting that the government is working hard to resettle them and better their living.

She pointed out that the Ezza/Eziulo crisis has defied many peace processes but the state government is working to resettle the IDPs.

https://igberetvnews.com/1376202/mother-five-commits-suicide-ebonyi-graphic-photo/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mother Of Five Commits Suicide In Ebonyi (Graphic Photo) by emeijeh(m): 9:32pm On Dec 21, 2020
Nigerians are now committing suicide without thinking twice.

Buhari!!!! You see your life?

88 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mother Of Five Commits Suicide In Ebonyi (Graphic Photo) by donbachi(m): 9:35pm On Dec 21, 2020
Depression...the only thing dat tells u "hmm!dis one wey u dey live na life?abeg end am make u find peace"..but,will never tell u about ur better future.it only judges one's present bad condition.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mother Of Five Commits Suicide In Ebonyi (Graphic Photo) by Bola146(f): 9:43pm On Dec 21, 2020
sad Seriously depression is real!!! When you don't know what to do or whom to run to sad 5 kids If this country is good, there is nothing wrong in that but we are still in Nigeria Poor woman

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mother Of Five Commits Suicide In Ebonyi (Graphic Photo) by NaijaOlosho(f): 9:54pm On Dec 21, 2020
I know the lifeless man that caused her death.

Please permit me to blame Bubari for this undecided

66 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mother Of Five Commits Suicide In Ebonyi (Graphic Photo) by clockwisereport: 9:54pm On Dec 21, 2020
Maka why?

Too bad.

Is this the best legacy you can leave for your loved ones, especially your kids?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Of Five Commits Suicide In Ebonyi (Graphic Photo) by Ekakamba: 9:54pm On Dec 21, 2020

It was gathered that before she took the drastic action, she had lamented that she was finding it difficult to take care of her children.

Ladies & gents,

WISE UP! undecided

6 Likes

Re: Mother Of Five Commits Suicide In Ebonyi (Graphic Photo) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:54pm On Dec 21, 2020
Suicide is never an option ......

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mother Of Five Commits Suicide In Ebonyi (Graphic Photo) by gracefoundmme(m): 9:54pm On Dec 21, 2020
God help us
Re: Mother Of Five Commits Suicide In Ebonyi (Graphic Photo) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:54pm On Dec 21, 2020
lekki1444:

WHY SHE BORN 5 ? no family planning
Please can you have some form of empathy for Krissake?

Where is the love?!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mother Of Five Commits Suicide In Ebonyi (Graphic Photo) by Bornsinner7: 9:55pm On Dec 21, 2020
Depression is real..

It's frustrating living under this harsh economy with no hope.. increase in foodstuffs, transportation and other basic needs everyday... plus seeing your kids starve..

Life is hard..

May God provide for all of us.. even abundantly

2 Likes

Re: Mother Of Five Commits Suicide In Ebonyi (Graphic Photo) by Dailyhappenings: 9:55pm On Dec 21, 2020
It's possible no money or frustration... serious...it's getting hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPqN64TxxI4
Re: Mother Of Five Commits Suicide In Ebonyi (Graphic Photo) by aaaaabbbbbccccc: 9:55pm On Dec 21, 2020
donbachi:
Depression...the only thing dat tells u "hmm!dis one wey u dey live na life?abeg end am make u find peace"..but,will never tell u about ur better future.it only judges one's present bad condition.
Are you saying things turn out for good for everyone at the end?

4 Likes

Re: Mother Of Five Commits Suicide In Ebonyi (Graphic Photo) by R00ney: 9:55pm On Dec 21, 2020
Why na.. u for no kill urself
Re: Mother Of Five Commits Suicide In Ebonyi (Graphic Photo) by Gwagone: 9:55pm On Dec 21, 2020
Frustration is real ooo
People eye dey see abeg but
Talk to someone could save a lot

Meanwhile, one fuulish david is defecting to one fuulish apc angry

Rip
Re: Mother Of Five Commits Suicide In Ebonyi (Graphic Photo) by Goodgot: 9:55pm On Dec 21, 2020
Rip
Re: Mother Of Five Commits Suicide In Ebonyi (Graphic Photo) by Golden057(m): 9:55pm On Dec 21, 2020
G
Re: Mother Of Five Commits Suicide In Ebonyi (Graphic Photo) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:55pm On Dec 21, 2020
emeijeh:
Nigerians are now committing suicide without thinking twice.

Buhari!!!! You see your life?
You see your life kid emeijeh?
It will do you well in life if you learn how to read before commenting on a topic, Nairaland youngest wailer.

The deceased's brother, Christopher Oyibo, who confirmed the incident, said she had attempted to commit suicide in 2014 because of hardship but was rescued.

Buhari was also your president in 2014 right?
If you want to wail, wail with sense
Hide your head in shame kiddo.

NaijaOlosho:
I know the lifeless man that caused her death.
Please permit me to blame Bubari for this undecided
Emeijeh, see ur mgbe..! grin
Birds of a feather

7 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mother Of Five Commits Suicide In Ebonyi (Graphic Photo) by FREEMADNESS: 9:55pm On Dec 21, 2020
you are a wicked mother if you actually committed this suicide and not murder.

who are you expecting to take care of ur kids

SUICIDE IS NEVER AN OPTION.
HOPE PLENTY AS LONG AS YOU BELIEVE.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Of Five Commits Suicide In Ebonyi (Graphic Photo) by Nobody: 9:55pm On Dec 21, 2020
Her PROBLEMS are over now but she has created ANGUISH and Pains in the those she left behind especially those kids.
MADAM, why....?
Wish I could have assisted in my little way..

1 Like

Re: Mother Of Five Commits Suicide In Ebonyi (Graphic Photo) by jackdaniels(m): 9:55pm On Dec 21, 2020
The rate at which Nigerians are committing sucide these days is alarming..hell fire awaits her sha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Of Five Commits Suicide In Ebonyi (Graphic Photo) by MyGeneration(m): 9:55pm On Dec 21, 2020
Stop committing suicide, at least since your mind was made up to die carry bomb go government house go bomb something or look for d source of that communal war and stab him then stab yourself.

Now that u went alone communal war continues, ur children suffering just got worst.

If I ever want to commit suicide I have a full list of people arranged that am sure will follow me to the afterlife. God save u if u follow

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Of Five Commits Suicide In Ebonyi (Graphic Photo) by Yougrt: 9:56pm On Dec 21, 2020
I said it countless times, SUICIDE SHOULD BE PUNISHABLE BY DEATH
Re: Mother Of Five Commits Suicide In Ebonyi (Graphic Photo) by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 21, 2020
I WISH I CAN CHOOSE THE KIND OF NEWS I SEE.

WTF ARE YOU PUSHING A SUICIDE POST TO FRONT PAGE BY THIS TIME WHEN OUR HEARTS SHOULD BE MERRY BEFORE BED?

USE YOUR MEDIA POWER TO INFLUENCE LIVES POSITIVELY!!!

2 Likes

Re: Mother Of Five Commits Suicide In Ebonyi (Graphic Photo) by ursullalinda(f): 9:56pm On Dec 21, 2020
So sad........she would have kept pushing for the sake of those kids......This life eh
Re: Mother Of Five Commits Suicide In Ebonyi (Graphic Photo) by ModRipo: 9:56pm On Dec 21, 2020
Oga oo
Re: Mother Of Five Commits Suicide In Ebonyi (Graphic Photo) by Gotnin: 9:56pm On Dec 21, 2020
I lame buhari
Re: Mother Of Five Commits Suicide In Ebonyi (Graphic Photo) by Nazgul: 9:57pm On Dec 21, 2020
sad
Re: Mother Of Five Commits Suicide In Ebonyi (Graphic Photo) by ipobarethieves: 9:57pm On Dec 21, 2020
sad
Re: Mother Of Five Commits Suicide In Ebonyi (Graphic Photo) by kenzysmith: 9:57pm On Dec 21, 2020
Buhari why

2 Likes

Re: Mother Of Five Commits Suicide In Ebonyi (Graphic Photo) by Gawsew: 9:57pm On Dec 21, 2020
This country is really hard

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top 10 Drugs And Substances Killing Young Nigerians / How Many Days Should A Guy Wear Boxers Before Washing? / Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.