Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,261 members, 7,811,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:11 PM

19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex (78636 Views)

Salako Treasure, OAU 100-Level Student Commits Suicide (Photo) / 400 Level UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Two Failed Attempts (Photo) / Jigawa University Student Commits Suicide After His Girlfriend Cheated On Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by armadeo(m): 4:29pm On Dec 22, 2020
Angelfrost:
Sad...

The truth must be said... Online business and investments have become a mess in this Naija cyberspace. No matter how legit you claim, if you like swear with all the old people in your village, I ain't parting with a dime.

I am still quite shocked that many Nigerians learnt nothing from the MMM fiasco that quick money schemes just don't work anymore.

All you cyber criminals need to know that the money train will eventually derail, crash and burn with horrible consequences.

Wise words.

Anybody that tells me invest right now don turn my enemy. I dont trust any system I am not in control of anymore. Nigeria is not financially safe. Better leave the money in the bank than to say had I known.

I tried dummy trading for I made profits but it was mostly luck. I've deleted the app now cos no strategy bullshit. All those support and resistance na lie. When e bend e bend.

Until I see a viable option I'm not investing a dime.

Currently observing a thread here. I'll probably go in low when I'm completely convinced.

3 Likes

Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by deleo16(m): 4:31pm On Dec 22, 2020
grin
Tony142:

u never fit trade 1 account finish, u dey go open 10 account, #mumu
greed already in display forex is not for most Nigerians because we are greedy here �
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by Dbajaj: 4:31pm On Dec 22, 2020
The wisest quote i have seen today
Nodogragra4me:

Learn and trade for yourself.

I don't like third party trading.. I have seen crowds recently at MBA trading office. Hope it is not the same bubble
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by IMAliyu(m): 4:31pm On Dec 22, 2020
Rapsodee:
This is why I always advise every FOREX beginner to find a mentor who will speak to his brain anytime he is getting greedy. But most people do solo trading and we all keep learning the same lesson every time. I have lost money too and I have learnt my lessons. Don't engage anybody's money into anything TRADING, use your spare money and also, never trade with greediness. Even if you have $3000 in your account, trade with a lot size not more than 0.05. Risk management is the key to long term FOREX trading career.
I will add if your account is small don't trade metals.

Like that the small volatility on gold will clean out your account.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by Ebullient07: 4:36pm On Dec 22, 2020
Trustedpro:
Forex can turn you a billionaire if you know how to trade. I tried with 100dollars in 2018 and before mid of same year I already made about 6000dollars. But greed set in, I use to trade with 10dollars or at most 50dollars...I began to trade with 500 - 1000 dollars at a time...that was how I lost 5500dollars...I gently withdrew 500 out of depression. Uphill now I never balance. Many people were willing to give me money to help them trade, but I refused.

You did not lie bro. A lot of people make this mistake of risking too much when their equity increase which makes huge loss unavoidable. Bottom line is, have a strategy that works for you, practice proper risk management and work on developing yourself daily - read, never stop practicing, keep emotion in check... People want to blow overnight with forex and end up taking nonsense risk that come to bite them in the ass. It is a slow and steady journey and has it's own risk just like every other business venture. Consistency is a key factor when trading forex.

3 Likes

Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by Nato008(m): 4:36pm On Dec 22, 2020
Handywork:
abeg e reach to commit suicide
who knows what was on his mind b4 attempting sucide, he was devastated and many of us may have that kinda experience, ₦300m is alot of money for a 19yrs old to pay back.. but the bitter truth is that he's so weak in heart that sucide is the only option for him to escape pressure...
well it is his choice,life goes on
may his soul rest in peace
bro when u put 19year ago boy u make it sound like those older than him would have fared better....300mil is a lot of money if we are been honest here..u can spend 10-20 years paying back that money..so please age really don't help here
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by armadeo(m): 4:39pm On Dec 22, 2020
UDUJ:

cheesy grin cheesy You omitted the word PREMIUM. It always ends in premium tears cheesy

This guy you no well.
grin grin grin

Premium weeps ahead.

Funny thing is I made profits using a dummy account but I wasnt fooled cos it was pure luck.

Almost of month of trading with the 100k dummy account and I got 101k+.

It was pure luck.trading the same patterns. Took a hit once with a big lot size and lost about 250$. Went back and traded my small 10 to 20 $ profit pips.

I finally realised I was gambling that there really was no pattern to it. It could fo either way and I decided not to put real cash in it.
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by Nato008(m): 4:40pm On Dec 22, 2020
AdetolaAdeniyi:

Question 1
then
Question 2: Why did he use all the 300 m?
is it that u guys didn't read the write up or u read but refused to comprehend.... cause I'm sure u wouldn't ask this if u read it truly

1 Like

Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 22, 2020
Forex is never a scam but it involves a lot of projection(mathematical and phycological) for those who have mastered the art of trading.
Financial risk is very important in forex and any other business you may think of. In forex, the stop loss is a guide to minimise your losses.
The assertion is " The higher the risk, the higher the return"
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by Nato008(m): 4:42pm On Dec 22, 2020
ehinmowo:

Just sit down behind your keyboard and be typing. You wey never see anything for life. Just pray make things wey pass you no come your wey. We have seen preachers that committed suicide. Are they not aware of the consequences? Hitler wey say hin na King Kong committed suicide in the end when hin see fire.

Do you know what it means for 19-yearold to lose 300m? U don mistakenly wreck people car b4? Let alone 300m.
guy u hit it aptly....like wrecking a Ferrari or Lamborghini, gosh...
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by millionboi2: 4:42pm On Dec 22, 2020
Rapsodee:
This is why I always advise every FOREX beginner to find a mentor who will speak to his brain anytime he is getting greedy. But most people do solo trading and we all keep learning the same lesson every time. I have lost money too and I have learnt my lessons. Don't engage anybody's money into anything TRADING, use your spare money and also, never trade with greediness. Even if you have $3000 in your account, trade with a lot size not more than 0.05. Risk management is the key to long term FOREX trading career.
Na lie
The only difference is time
You loose the high lot in a twinkl of an eye,why dat of low lot takes more time to vanish
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by armadeo(m): 4:43pm On Dec 22, 2020
Nato008:

bro when u put 19year ago boy u make it sound like those older than him would have fared better....300mil is a lot of money if we are been honest here..u can spend 10-20 years paying back that money..so please age really don't help here

20years with no interest amounts to 15 million a year. Where e wan see am?

It is very likely he will never be able to pay that money even generations to come.

Check am how many Nigerians have earned 300million legit in thier lives. Even yahoo boys jumping up and down dont have it.
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by Nato008(m): 4:44pm On Dec 22, 2020
my issue here is, is it that people don't read or the read the heading and then comment...because u see them asking how he got the 300mil...like seriously?

1 Like

Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by holuwajobar(m): 4:45pm On Dec 22, 2020
AdetolaAdeniyi:

Question 1
then
Question 2: Why did he use all the 300 m?
Question 3: why didn't you read the content of the news ?

You just read the headline undecided
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by fuck419: 4:45pm On Dec 22, 2020
Abaman001:
Igbos with criminality....my founding proved that the CEO of crashed NBA is an Ipobian....drugs paddlings na dem get am, everything bad na them dey start am.....evil people

Those guys are Heaven & Hell sent. You don't have to drag the way leading to Hell with those of them set out for that direction. However, their path to Heaven is no match.

They're simply the best.
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by Tony142: 4:46pm On Dec 22, 2020
deleo16:
;Dgreed already in display forex is not for most Nigerians because we are greedy here �

no mind am, hahahaha
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by Nato008(m): 4:47pm On Dec 22, 2020
NNC5:
The numbers in this story are not adding up...

If i collect / borrow money from all my friends, relatives enemies and whatever.
all the people i know.
it will not come close to Three Hundred Million

How does a student get his hands on that
are u seriously asking that....or u just felt like asking a weird question
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by scopusng(m): 4:56pm On Dec 22, 2020
Rip

1 Like

Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by faithfull18(f): 4:59pm On Dec 22, 2020
People don't learn.
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by Ddokie: 4:59pm On Dec 22, 2020
emeijeh:
How come this forex keep making people commit suicide?

Because fraudsters are telling people they can trade on their behalf and are assuring them of a certain returns monthly or quarterly as the case may be. The greedy ones put all they have and borrow. When the money is lost, they commit suicide.

I've been trading forex on my own for 3 years now and all i can say is that anyone who tells you to invest in his forex trading company for guaranteed returns monthly is a rogue and only wants to eat your money.

Forex is like shares. It is uncertain. You can win for 3 months or 6 months consecutively and lose all in the next 3 months.
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by Chukwudubem0: 5:00pm On Dec 22, 2020
BLoomfrancs:

All na scam. Find something real to do and thank me later.

Okay something like what.

What's the easy and legit things one can do online and earn money.

Thanks.
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by openmine(m): 5:01pm On Dec 22, 2020
Don't use personal cash or borrowed money for such schemes or investments that you don't know the source of the income!
Don't stake out funds you can't afford to give away!
Lastly, don't be greedy....avoid schemes that give you outrageous benefits that are too good to be true!
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by MrRegret: 5:05pm On Dec 22, 2020
No offense but

Sometimes some bad news makes u feel good,

I thought I have lost a lot this year, but coming to see how somebody lost 300m, and lost is life join God help us oo. Rip the dead

And I must confess this thread is englighten and eye opener against forex, little too late cause I don invest some cash with them already.

Just hoping for the best, if it comes out good, I go run four forty.

1 Like

Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by Cutehector(m): 5:10pm On Dec 22, 2020
I won't pity anyone involved..
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by OmoAkin85: 5:24pm On Dec 22, 2020
.the day i loss 80usd ,b like say jesus want come down dat day,greed can land you in icu if money mangement is not in place..learn forex urself to avoid stories that touch.
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by OmoAkin85: 5:27pm On Dec 22, 2020
scopusng:
Rip
lol ..u are really gambling with ur money..dose trade ain't even up to 5 pips with dat lot size
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by Chukwumahike: 5:29pm On Dec 22, 2020
Feyi Daniels... Will neva forget dat name cos I almost used my 100 levels school fees to invest while my class mate whom I told about d seminar at main auditorium invested 30k.. Money enta voice mail till today
[quwote author=doggedfighter post=97315131]This took me down memory lane in the University of Benin years ago.

We called him F D. He used forex trading investment to dupe people, made students collect money to the tune of millions.

And he claimed to be a campus fellowship pastor of Daystar then.

And then he disappeared.

Rest on ,young Lad cry cry

I'm sure you didn't set out to lose people's money reason you couldn't live with yourself.

It's a harsh world !!

[/quote]
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by LordFemi666(m): 5:57pm On Dec 22, 2020
nairavsdollars:
the love of money is the root of all evil
The lack of money is The root of all evil dear
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by WoundedLamb: 6:00pm On Dec 22, 2020
And Nigerians would still support fraud and call it hustle after seeing the devastating effects.
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by saajus: 6:01pm On Dec 22, 2020
Nigerians are the easiest to defraud. Our greed is killing us. If I start the same program today, many dingbats will still invest. They've been using forex to dupe Naija from time immemorial. If I can remember, as far back as 2006.

Forex is not a child's play. I had my first training in 2005 with an America returnee in Ibadan. The days of Marketiva, FXCM, Alpari, and Fxsol. Being successful while trading your money does not mean you will be successful when you are trading people's money. Guys, pls read the rise and fall of a great Fx trader call Jay Lakhani. Jay was doing well when he was trading for himself, so his performance history attracted an organization. He got a contract to trade with $10m capital. His failure started from there. He said his emotions changed. Some trade that he will leave to overturn in his favour when he was trading his small account, he can't do it any longer when he was using a large amount of money to trade. He failed woefully. He later bounced back and wrote several books on Forex Psychology.

I'm tired of hearing this kind of news. Don't give your money to anyone, spend time to learn, don't be lazy, take the risk by yourself. If you fail, you fail. RIP boy.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Doctor Jumps Into Lagoon At Third Mainland Bridge (Suicide) / 23-Year-Old Destiny Benjamin Dies 4 Days After Hip Surgery In Lagos / The Eyes & The Vagina Don't Need Cleaning Up Regularly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.