Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,425 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (334) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1310219 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by 2nex(m): 7:07am On May 13, 2021
Pls, after payment, how will one get the telex? Will it be automatically sent by the bank to ones e-mail or one will have to ask for it from the bank?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by lukzy500: 7:29am On May 13, 2021
Panacea278:
The way the naira keeps on falling is so alarming.on Oanda now 565/567

I am very scared oooooo, my head jst doing calculations wen I woke up dis morning, at 526 my bench mark was raised to 540, at 536 I changed it to 560 now seeing 567 I giveup praying it falls back to normal 526. Nigeria my country
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Yemolu: 7:45am On May 13, 2021
So what happens in this case. Does it mean the POF that has matured already and awaiting application before this spike has been invalidated ?? Or can we still use the the matured POF for application if the rates falls back within our benchmark ?? I used 560 for my benchmark and it got matured about 2wks ago. The school requested for it and I v been awaiting my CAS issuance since then.

I hope it won't affect that the CAS issuance sef like this.. This is not good o

Gurus in the house abeg o.
@justwise.

lukzy500:

I am very scared oooooo, my head jst doing calculations wen I woke up dis morning, at 526 my bench mark was raised to 540, at 536 I changed it to 560 now seeing 567 I giveup praying it falls back to normal 526. Nigeria my country
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by donmanuel1: 8:03am On May 13, 2021
Is this not an error ..what is going on ?
Panacea278:
The way the naira keeps on falling is so alarming.on Oanda now 565/567
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by preciousmudia: 8:18am On May 13, 2021
Even if your CAS is issued, you will have to top it up and wait another 28 days before your Visa application and that is the sad thing. Or wait for it to drop back then apply with it...

I believe it is because of the Holidays let's see what happens tomorrow

Yemolu:
So what happens in this case. Does it mean the POF that has matured already and awaiting application before this spike has been invalidated ?? Or can we still use the the matured POF for application if the rates falls back within our benchmark ?? I used 560 for my benchmark and it got matured about 2wks ago. The school requested for it and I v been awaiting my CAS issuance since then.

@justwise.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by preciousmudia: 8:23am On May 13, 2021
Go to your bank and request for it

2nex:
Pls, after payment, how will one get the telex? Will it be automatically sent by the bank to ones e-mail or one will have to ask for it from the bank?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by yispa: 8:28am On May 13, 2021
2nex:

Ideally the bank should send it to you, but you can ask from your bank.
Please what bank did you use and how many days did it take from the day you filled and submitted form A for the total amount to be deducted from your account?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by TashaOta: 8:41am On May 13, 2021
Kingp91:
Please if it ain't too much to ask what documents were you asked to add to your application?
I am applying for dependent, so I was asked to add documents that our marriage is still subsisting and ongoing

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Vicas2000: 9:00am On May 13, 2021
Vicas2000:
Does anyone know if I can use a newly opened bank account for POF?

I have an account with Gtb but want to use stanbic as their rates are very good. So I opened an account with them last week.

Anyone got a visa approval by using a new bank account to deposit POF for 28 days?

Kindly help a brother

Anyone knows the answer to this question please?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by tajmal: 9:03am On May 13, 2021
jamesobedbaisel:

MSc. Computing. I did it myself
I intend to go for a similar course for January 2022. I called their representatives in Nigeria, she said I won't be given admission because I studied Industrial Chemistry for BSc. and that it isn't related to Computing, although I have 2 years experience as a web developer. Do you have a background in Computer science or related field?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Vicas2000: 9:17am On May 13, 2021
tajmal:
I intend to go for a similar course for January 2022. I called their representatives in Nigeria, she said I won't be given admission because I studied Industrial Chemistry for BSc. and that it isn't related to Computing, although I have 2 years experience as a web developer. Do you have a background in Computer science or related field?

I'll suggest you apply to the school directly. Submit a statement that explains that you are self taught in web development and IT and you have experience and portfolio of work that are IT related, hence why you are pursuing an MSC. State that the current boom in startups in Nigeria shows a growing need for people with skills like yours and you believe an Msc will put you in the right stead to contribute to the Nigerian tech hub industry etc etc. Apply to about 5 different Uni's though, one of them will give yu admission.

13 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Iyanu14: 9:59am On May 13, 2021
Good morning everyone,
I have scheduled an apppintment with IOM and a confirmation email has been sent. Do i need to call to confirm the appointment or i can just go ahead with the payment. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by tascoarena: 10:29am On May 13, 2021
OANDA want to kill person o,my school said I needed 29212, for me and my wife.... So as at 28th of April that i did the POF gbp was 523 on oanda.com so after checking the exchange rate for 90days backward, I set my benchmark at 550, and I have been following it till yesterday that is was 538, and boom this morning it is 565... What is the ways forward can I add more money or we pray it comes down after holiday, or has this affect my POF already?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by emirsky(m): 10:31am On May 13, 2021
I'm also asking

"Abeg, is there something I am missing?? I keep wondering how you guys are able to afford this UK tuition fees and proof of funds?? Abeg if there is a way around this you guys have discovered kindly share with us oo ..

Each time I look at their tuition fees, I get severe headaches.

Please, Are there companies or individuals that give student loans for UK??"
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by DeeOneBangin: 10:47am On May 13, 2021
TashaOta:

I am applying for dependent, so I was asked to add documents that our marriage is still subsisting and ongoing

Regarding your marriage, what document did you initially submit. And what other documents did you later add to show it’s subsisting and ongoing.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by tascoarena: 11:11am On May 13, 2021
Akintundeolutayo1@gmail.com.
U can mail me
emirsky:
I'm also asking

"Abeg, is there something I am missing?? I keep wondering how you guys are able to afford this UK tuition fees and proof of funds?? Abeg if there is a way around this you guys have discovered kindly share with us oo ..

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by yispa: 11:20am On May 13, 2021
Please can anyone advise the fastest bank for now to process form A. Am looking at Zenith bank, is it a good choice? Can someone please advise me if I should stick to that or otherwise. Please � I need advise from anyone and everyone that have paid using form A.
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Vicas2000: 11:21am On May 13, 2021
emirsky:
I'm also asking

A lot of people are either doing any or combination of the following:

1. Saving up from their income over a long period (3 - 4 yrs)

2. Relying on family members who have the funds (e.g. for proof of maintenance funds)

3. Getting a loan from the bank to pay their school fees and paying it back.

4. Relying on family abroad who can afford the money.

My advice is that, if you don't have the money for studying, don't bother trying to apply for a student visa yet. Go and find a way to hustle to save up at least 80% of your school fees, and you can use the other options given above to supplement it too. I wish you godspeed.

11 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by TashaOta: 11:24am On May 13, 2021
DeeOneBangin:

Regarding your marriage, what document did you initially submit. And what other documents did you later add to show it’s subsisting and ongoing.

Thanks
We got married traditionally so we submitted a court affidavit, to prove that it’s subsisting and ongoing, we submitted bills we paid together like house rent, and others, letters from our parent and neighbor and also pictures and chats

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Kingp91: 11:28am On May 13, 2021
Oh okay, just thoughtit was the main applicants visa thank you so much for responding.
TashaOta:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by DeeOneBangin: 11:28am On May 13, 2021
TashaOta:

We got married traditionally so we submitted a court affidavit, to prove that it’s subsisting and ongoing, we submitted bills we paid together like house rent, and others, letters from our parent and neighbor and also pictures and chats

Cool then.....all the best!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Vicas2000: 11:30am On May 13, 2021
Please, can I use a new bank account opened a few days ago for Proof of funds? (for maintenance fee and school fees balance?)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mamawa123: 11:34am On May 13, 2021
Please where can I get a cheap ticket (Lagos - Manchester - Lagos)?
Any date in May is fine. 2 weeks stay
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Optimally: 11:35am On May 13, 2021
In my case, you will go to the bank to pick it up, as zenith Bank claims customer doesn't have the access needed to print the Telex
2nex:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Optimally: 11:36am On May 13, 2021
If your last benchmark was 560 and it's not around 567, then you have to deposit more and start counting from day 1 again
lukzy500:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Optimally: 11:39am On May 13, 2021
Pray your CAS comes before 30days after maturity, if it comes before 30 days after maturity, print it from the first day to when price was still within your benchmark
Yemolu:

@justwise.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by yispa: 11:42am On May 13, 2021
Optimally:
In my case, you will go to the bank to pick it up, as zenith Bank claims customer doesn't have the access needed to print the Telex
@Optimally, How many days did your form A took in Zenith bank for the payment to be processed? Also, do you think it's branch dependent or all the branches have equal opportunities for processing time.
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Optimally: 11:46am On May 13, 2021
I stand to be corrected in all my comments above, I don't think I know it all

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by yispa: 11:53am On May 13, 2021
Optimally:
I stand to be corrected in all my comments above, I don't think I know it all

Please I need your input on Form A with Zenith bank. Kindly advise me based on your experience. Am tilting towards zenith bank for Form A , which I plan to process tomorrow. Please how many days did it take for your payment to be processed? I want to know if it's fast enough or if I can get another bank that is faster. Help a brother. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by nattty(m): 12:02pm On May 13, 2021
justwise:
Part 5 is here please continue posting your questions/inquires here,

See part here for references https://www.nairaland.com/5816163/uk-student-visa-tier-4

For more update info visit this website https://www.gov.uk/student-visa/money

Below material from mimilyrics gives you all the info you need

Happy Xmas! and all the very best to all prospective students!!!

Play anyone with a TB test bookings that wants to sell. I couldn't get any available booking for TB test and my intake is September. Play contact me 09027070242
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by yispa: 12:05pm On May 13, 2021
nattty:

Play anyone with a TB test bookings that wants to sell. I couldn't get any available booking for TB test and my intake is September. Play contact me 09027070242

If you send IOM a mail and call them that you have challenges booking online, they will book appointment for you from their end and send you the details. Their reply might take a week, but keep calling and sending reminders and you will get a response.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) ... (886)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.