Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,686 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1308807 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ukay2: 9:20pm On Dec 27, 2020
PMID:

Good evening o, our Abuja uncles and aunties pls respond! How do I locate Abuja TLS Centre? Coming from Akure, Ondo State. Thanks

Hire UBER taxi when you arrived Abuja.....Google map will help you too.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by duchess90(f): 9:34pm On Dec 27, 2020
Hello,

To help throw some light on this, ideally,

"Where the Student migrant is a single parent, children can only apply if:

the other parent is dead; or
you have had sole responsibility for the child’s upbringing; or
there are serious and compelling family or other considerations and suitable arrangements have been made for the child’s care"
You can get more information on this here
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/points-based-system-student-route

The point is to prove either of those conditions exist; You don't necessarily need an immigration lawyer or a DNA test.
What condition above can you prove legally,(such as a court order for sole custody etc)

That's the first place to start.

All the best

Omob2015:
Compliment of the season.
Please i need your help .
I m single mother with a 5years old daughter. I m currently in the uk with tier 4 visa. I want to apply for my daughter now. Pls I need information on what and what to be added to the application to make it successful. I read that you need to state that you are fully responsible for her.
Do I need to get a immigration lawyer involved?
Do I need to do a DNA to proof she is my daughter bcs we have different names.
Can i get a sample of cover letter?
Pls help

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Shalom4life: 9:40pm On Dec 27, 2020
donsalvo11:
Kent isn't far from London. So I guess it's very possible. Are you going to University of Greenwich, Medway campus?

Yes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by duchess90(f): 9:40pm On Dec 27, 2020
Hello,

Thankfully London and Kent are in the same Tier 4levels,just ensure you have your flight itinerary/school documents handy as a evidence of your trip incase you are asked.

Cheers

Shalom4life:
Please is it possible to travel to uk via london airport now and move to kent straight with this lockdown

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Shalom4life: 9:55pm On Dec 27, 2020
is it safe to book flexible flight directly from wakanow or sky scanner ? if you have other safe ways or site to book flexible flight , please share
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 27, 2020
Towotowo:
Good evening everyone on here.

I have some questions about Uk visas

1, I would love to know if as a married man my parent can be my sponsor for my study visa

2, I'm planning on getting married before i start my visa application but am not sure if i would be able to get a date for the registry before the application. I would love to know if i can get married after getting my visa and would my wife still be able to apply for dependent visa.

Would appreciate if someone can help with this as it is urgent.

1. Yes. Your parent should also write a letter confirming that they will sponsor you
2. You can use either mosque or church marriage certificate. Your wife should have her maintenance in her account or yours.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by awumen: 10:51pm On Dec 27, 2020
kingsilly:

Answering just number 2, you don’t need to link a card to your Paga, just fund your Paga wallet and pay for your IHS and visa fee
How do you fund the paga wallet
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by kingsilly(m): 11:07pm On Dec 27, 2020
awumen:

How do you fund the paga wallet
Just like any other bank transfer, you have an account number when you create a Paga account, you can make a transfer from any banking app
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Donris: 12:16am On Dec 28, 2020
nicerichard05:
Pls is any1 going to University of Salford this January??

I need an urgent information

Me
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by awumen: 12:33am On Dec 28, 2020
[quote author=kingsilly post=97482968]
Just like any other bank transfer, you have an account number when you create a Paga account, you can make a transfer from any banking app[/quotei already have page kyc 3, however have been unable to transfer from my banks(FBN,UBA, Keystone and Access)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by okehsmiley: 1:07am On Dec 28, 2020
Please na, someone should answer me o

okehsmiley:
Thank you guys for all the selflessness in providing information on this platform...please I am worried about an issue and I will like to know your views.

My Spouse had a UK ban for 10 years which expired in 2018....my spouse is now considering to go to the UK for masters..please house, is there a possibility of getting a student visa..age is also early 40's

Please help provide insight.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by harmony940(m): 1:14am On Dec 28, 2020
okehsmiley:
Please na, someone should answer me o

Age is not a factor for uk visa,as long as you meet the requirements...Uk student visa is a point based system..
Meet the requirements and get your Visa.
Good luck!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by kingsilly(m): 1:24am On Dec 28, 2020
awumen:
[/quote][quote author=awumen post=97483989]

Noticed not all banks has Paga listed
It’s available on GTBank and Kuda for me
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 5:00am On Dec 28, 2020
awumen:
already have page kyc 3, however have been unable to transfer from my banks(FBN,UBA, Keystone and Access)
the bank name is pagatech or paga
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by dulahi770: 7:13am On Dec 28, 2020
hosey:

1. Yes. Your parent should also write a letter confirming that they will sponsor you
2. You can use either mosque or church marriage certificate. Your wife should have her maintenance in her account or yours.
They accept church or mosque marriage certificate??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:03am On Dec 28, 2020
dulahi770:

Offcourse as long as it a valid issued certificate...... the key word is valid.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 8:11am On Dec 28, 2020
dulahi770:

Yes. But emphasize on proving that your relationship is subsisting. Just mere marriage certificate without other evidence might lead to rejection.
That is why some people get rejected.

Your fiancee of two to three years living with you can also get dependant visa. So don't emphasize on marriage certificate.

Google and read Tier 4 dependence visa requirements and maintenance for more info
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by demmysoft: 8:19am On Dec 28, 2020
Morning house, can l use paga to transfer money fron my first bank account to someone UK account. Then, if possible at what rate. I need to settle a bill.

Noticed not all banks has Paga listed
It’s available on GTBank and Kuda for me[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Iwonder: 8:43am On Dec 28, 2020
Pls who can recommend any aboki in Lagos to exhange naira for pounds . Pls help a brother
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by dulahi770: 9:00am On Dec 28, 2020
hosey:

Yes. But emphasize on proving that your relationship is subsisting. Just mere marriage certificate without other evidence might lead to rejection.
That is why some people get rejected.

Your fiancee of two to three years living with you can also get dependant visa. So don't emphasize on marriage certificate.

Google and read Tier 4 dependence visa requirements and maintenance for more info
Please, can u help with the link or something?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 9:02am On Dec 28, 2020
dulahi770:

Please, can u help with the link or something?
Google it by yourself. I can't keep spoonfeeding. You will be given tasks at school with no one to help.

12 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by HYFR007: 9:07am On Dec 28, 2020
hosey:

Google it by yourself. I can't keep spoonfeeding. You will be given tasks at school with no one to help.

grin

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Tomyusf141: 9:41am On Dec 28, 2020
hosey:

Wahala grin

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by faithzy(m): 9:53am On Dec 28, 2020
When writting a cover letter for your application, who do you address it to, the Visa Manager? Also I plan to use this service because I have submitted online but my Biometrics is in days and I want to use the opportunity to submit my cover letter, please share your experience if you have used this service

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 28, 2020
Kemkem93:

Not compulsory for most University if you have ur WAEC but of course their are expecptional cases. I don't have WAEC so I did IELTS Academics.
They would accept waec for a Masters program?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Dramaqueen12345(f): 10:59am On Dec 28, 2020
Hello house. Please how much is the MUP fee for VI visa application centre?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by duchess90(f): 11:01am On Dec 28, 2020
Hello,

The question is why are you writing a cover letter? did you miss out on a document, fund calculation/analysis, visa refusals? If so, then yes, you can use the service to upload your cover letter.
The ones i have written in the past were addressed with;

The High Commissioner
British High Commission
154 Diplomatic Way
Central Business district
Abuja, Nigeria

Others can add to this.

Cheers

faithzy:
When writting a cover letter for your application, who do you address it to, the Visa Manager? Also I plan to use this service because I have submitted online but my Biometrics is in days and I want to use the opportunity to submit my cover letter, please share your experience if you have used this service

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by faithzy(m): 11:10am On Dec 28, 2020
duchess90:
Hello,

The question is why are you writing a cover letter? did you miss out on a document, fund calculation/analysis, visa refusals? If so, then yes, you can use the service to upload your cover letter.
The ones i have written in the past were addressed with;

The High Commissioner
British High Commission
154 Diplomatic Way
Central Business district
Abuja, Nigeria

Others can add to this.

Cheers

Thank you for your response. Actually for Fund Analysis

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by sonofakin: 12:05pm On Dec 28, 2020
Good day guys. A friend booked an appointment, paid user fee, and priority service fee on TLS website but did not get an appointment confirmation email. Only got a receipt. What to do abeg?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Omob2015: 12:06pm On Dec 28, 2020
[quote author=duchess90 post=97480893]Hello,

To help throw some light on this, ideally,

"Where the Student migrant is a single parent, children can only apply if:

the other parent is dead; or
you have had sole responsibility for the child’s upbringing; or
there are serious and compelling family or other considerations and suitable arrangements have been made for the child’s care"
You can get more information on this here
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/points-based-system-student-route

The point is to prove either of those conditions exist; You don't necessarily need an immigration lawyer or a DNA test.
What condition above can you prove legally,(such as a court order for sole custody etc)

That's the first place to start.

All the best

Thank you so much for your reply.
I have gone through the link and it is helpful.
Pls, how will i get the court order for sole custody?
Do I have to go court or do an affidavit or just state it in the cover letter?
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by donsalvo11: 12:15pm On Dec 28, 2020
Nice, me too. Please respond to my email.
Shalom4life:

Yes

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (886)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.