Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,125 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Suggestions For A 500k Vacation In January - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Suggestions For A 500k Vacation In January (2084 Views)

FG To Shut Section Of Third Mainland Bridge In January 2024 / Recommend A Nice Place For Vacation In Lagos Please / I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suggestions For A 500k Vacation In January by pak: 2:52pm On Dec 27, 2020
I just completed a very difficult project this month and I intend to cool off with a vacation in January.

My initial plan was the UK but with the resurgence of COVID and the new strain, that seems of the table.

Please what other practical suggestions does anyone have?

My budget is 500k (for everything flight, accommodation, feeding etc)

I have a between 7 to 10 days.

I am single and will be traveling alone.

I'll really like to hear from you

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Suggestions For A 500k Vacation In January by malcom1X: 2:55pm On Dec 27, 2020
Op Taraba state will be a great destination for the amount you have.

Lots to see there.

3 Likes

Re: Suggestions For A 500k Vacation In January by Tools4sale: 2:56pm On Dec 27, 2020
South Africa...

1 Like

Re: Suggestions For A 500k Vacation In January by pak: 3:01pm On Dec 27, 2020
malcom1X:
Op Taraba state will be a great destination for the amount you have.

Lots to see there.

My company runs a project in Jalingo, so I go there at least twice a year.

I don't think 500k is too small for a vac outside Nigeria for a solo traveler

4 Likes

Re: Suggestions For A 500k Vacation In January by pak: 3:02pm On Dec 27, 2020
Tools4sale:
South Africa...

Thank you very much.

Worth considering
Re: Suggestions For A 500k Vacation In January by osato45: 3:05pm On Dec 27, 2020
Dubai,
Re: Suggestions For A 500k Vacation In January by PinUp: 3:18pm On Dec 27, 2020
It's your choice sha but why not domestic vacation? We have so many great states you can visit.

Meanwhile, show/teach me how to fish please. Let me be part of your projects.
Re: Suggestions For A 500k Vacation In January by osato45: 3:23pm On Dec 27, 2020
Ghana
Re: Suggestions For A 500k Vacation In January by pak: 3:33pm On Dec 27, 2020
PinUp:
It's your choice sha but why not domestic vacation? We have so many great states you can visit.

Meanwhile, show/teach me how to fish please. Let me be part of your projects.

I agree with you about having choice locations around Nigeria.
But work takes me practically all around the country, so going outside will offer the change of scenario I need.

As per work, are you a developer?
Re: Suggestions For A 500k Vacation In January by pak: 3:35pm On Dec 27, 2020
osato45:
Ghana

Thanks Osato.

I did Ghana some years ago, I bet I didn't even spend up to 200k despite flying to both Accra and Kumasi.

Dubai! Naah, never been fascinated

6 Likes

Re: Suggestions For A 500k Vacation In January by PinUp: 3:45pm On Dec 27, 2020
pak:

I agree with you about having choice locations around Nigeria.
But work takes me practically all around the country, so going outside will offer the change of scenario I need.

As per work, are you a developer?

It's ok if you prefer outside the country.

Secondly, I'm not a developer but a graduate of one of the courses in social science. I believe there is a vacant I can properly fit in.

1 Like

Re: Suggestions For A 500k Vacation In January by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 27, 2020
pak:

Thanks Osato.

I did Ghana some years ago, I bet I didn't even spend up to 200k despite flying to both Accra and Kumasi.

How about Mauritius or even SA, botswana ..something on the other side of west africa u know.. wakanow was offering Seychelles for 380k for 6 days dont know if it is still,but u can check them up...my friend sayas Egypt and Tunisia are great tooo... it is not as bad as being painted as countries full of terrorist

Wish u luck

1 Like

Re: Suggestions For A 500k Vacation In January by candyguyofficia(m): 3:47pm On Dec 27, 2020
I would suggest Obudu Cattle Ranch but if you have been there you could try out Kenya, Nairobi

1 Like

Re: Suggestions For A 500k Vacation In January by ifex370(m): 4:03pm On Dec 27, 2020
pak:

Thanks Osato.

Dubai is worth your 500k actually

1 Like

Re: Suggestions For A 500k Vacation In January by pak: 4:11pm On Dec 27, 2020
igbosoupkitchen:

How about Mauritius or even SA, botswana ..something on the other side of west africa u know.. wakanow was offering Seychelles for 380k for 6 days dont know if it is still,but u can check them up...my friend sayas Egypt and Tunisia are great tooo... it is not as bad as being painted as countries full of terrorist

Wish u luck

Thanks for your response.

If there's a 6 day 360k offer for Seychelles, it's game on but I doubt.

Seychelles is probably the most expensive tourist destination in Africa due to the influx of dollar tourists.
I bet that Wakanow offer is exclusive of return ticket.

Yeah, Egypt is high on consideration, I have a classmate there, will contact him.

6 Likes

Re: Suggestions For A 500k Vacation In January by pak: 4:16pm On Dec 27, 2020
candyguyofficia:
I would suggest Obudu Cattle Ranch but if you have been there you could try out Kenya, Nairobi

Been to Obudu ranch, fantastic place. However, it's definitely not a place to go alone. Since it's always scanty except during festive season.

And depending on where you are, a 100k budget might be enough for Obudu per person.

Kenya is one of the most fascinating locations for me but I am looking forward to climbing the Kilimanjaro so I'm saving for it - you'll need about 2M for that - and I'm push Kenya/Tanzania till then, hopefully in 2022.

1 Like

Re: Suggestions For A 500k Vacation In January by pak: 4:19pm On Dec 27, 2020
PinUp:

It's ok if you prefer outside the country.

Secondly, I'm not a developer but a graduate of one of the courses in social science. I believe there is a vacant I can properly fit in.

The course you graduate in is not really relevant to your being a developer or designer.

There are tools these days that make the process of learning and becoming proficient in months easy.

It depends on your interest, if it's something you want to do
Re: Suggestions For A 500k Vacation In January by PinUp: 4:27pm On Dec 27, 2020
pak:

The course you graduate in is not really relevant to your being a developer or designer.

There are tools these days that make the process of learning and becoming proficient in months easy.

Can you throw more light and make vital suggestions/recommendations please?
Re: Suggestions For A 500k Vacation In January by Youonlyliveonce: 12:33am On Dec 30, 2020
pak:

Hi I'm actually considering learning software development starting January will be spending 200k for the 3months Course, I'm pretty sure I can grasp it all by myself but I have the spent last half of 2020 indoors and I want something that will engage me outdoors and also the one - one Mentorship.

Whats your best advice for me?
Thank you in advance.
Re: Suggestions For A 500k Vacation In January by uthlaw: 6:20pm On Dec 30, 2020
pak:
I just completed a very difficult project this month and I intend to cool off with a vacation in January.

My initial plan was the UK but with the resurgence of COVID and the new strain, that seems of the table.

Please what other practical suggestions does anyone have?

My budget is 500k (for everything flight, accommodation, feeding etc)

I have a between 7 to 10 days.

I am single and will be traveling alone.

I'll really like to hear from you
go Togo,Kenya or Uganda...u no go spend pass 400k,use the rest do give away for us...Enugbe!
Re: Suggestions For A 500k Vacation In January by missyojo(f): 6:36pm On Dec 30, 2020
uthlaw:
go Togo,Kenya or Uganda...u no go spend pass 400k,use the rest do give away for us...Enugbe!

Lol grin grin
Re: Suggestions For A 500k Vacation In January by Kettlecorn: 1:56am On Dec 31, 2020
I will probably be lambasted for saying this, but what of Uncle Corona? Your risk tolerance must be very high o! If I was you, I will up my budget and go to Seychelles and stay at an all inclusive property where you can relax and isolate yourself in relative luxury.
Re: Suggestions For A 500k Vacation In January by pak: 12:30pm On Dec 31, 2020
Kettlecorn:
I will probably be lambasted for saying this, but what of Uncle Corona? Your risk tolerance must be very high o! If I was you, I will up my budget and go to Seychelles and stay at an all inclusive property where you can relax and isolate yourself in relative luxury.

Why should you be lambasted for making a logical contribution ?

I ruled out outside Africa cos of Corona but we'll all agree that for some reasons Coro hasn't been devastating to Africa.

Yeah, someone mentioned Seychelles up there and I ruled it out thinking it was going to be too expensive but I just researched now and found that 500k might actually be sufficient for a Seychelles Vac - even though it might just do for about 3 to 4 days.

Yeah, I am zeroing in on Seychelles or Banjul right now
Re: Suggestions For A 500k Vacation In January by pak: 12:40pm On Dec 31, 2020
PinUp:

Can you throw more light and make vital suggestions/recommendations please?

First, you need to decide what it is, you really want to accomplish
Second, you need to be determined because nothng good comes easy.

There are ots of resources online that can get you on the way.

And you can also talk to friends and colleague who are in the IT line
Re: Suggestions For A 500k Vacation In January by pak: 12:42pm On Dec 31, 2020
Youonlyliveonce:

Hi I'm actually considering learning software development starting January will be spending 200k for the 3months Course, I'm pretty sure I can grasp it all by myself but I have the spent last half of 2020 indoors and I want something that will engage me outdoors and also the one - one Mentorship.

Whats your best advice for me?
Thank you in advance.

If you have the money, go for it.

But if you have limited funds, then you might as well save that amount to get a good laptop.

There are lots of free resources online that can get you on the way and you can also apply for unpaid internship at IT companies where you can observe what real software development process is like.

Wish you the best in 2021
Re: Suggestions For A 500k Vacation In January by pak: 12:44pm On Dec 31, 2020
uthlaw:

Lol...na water you need to quench the dryness.

Why would anyone spend 400k to Togo ? Even 100k will do
Re: Suggestions For A 500k Vacation In January by uthlaw: 12:54pm On Dec 31, 2020
pak:

Lol...na water you need to quench the dryness.

Why would anyone spend 400k to Togo ? Even 100k will do
no b lie Sha,drop something na....at all at all lo bad!
Re: Suggestions For A 500k Vacation In January by Goodman247: 6:00pm On Apr 29, 2021
Go to Rwanda and visit the genocide meusuem
Re: Suggestions For A 500k Vacation In January by Nobody: 9:14am On May 13, 2021
It's been a while and i am just wondering where OP finally went because he didn't come to update us.

Most non-West African vacation countries have 2 weeks quarantine, so i don't even see how travelling make sense now.
Re: Suggestions For A 500k Vacation In January by Miraj22(f): 10:22pm On May 14, 2021
Lemme just follow the thread to see if poster will reply

(1) (2) (Reply)

Singapore Visa Proccess? / How Can I Get To Ojuelegba/mushin From Ajah? / Akindele Tiwo - Poland Travel Agent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.