Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,931 members, 7,835,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Father Cuts The Dreadlocks Of His Son, Tell Him To Go And Commit Suicide - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Father Cuts The Dreadlocks Of His Son, Tell Him To Go And Commit Suicide (3901 Views)

My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? / My Brothers Wife Is Cheating, Do I Tell Him Or Mind My Business / When Is The Right Time To Tell Him/Her Of A Child From Previous Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father Cuts The Dreadlocks Of His Son, Tell Him To Go And Commit Suicide by GboyegaD(m): 10:11pm On Dec 27, 2020
MejiLoyon:

Dear sir, kindly tell me what you'll do if he cuts your dada one way or another....I want to learn

Being a father myself
Let me chip in a few points

No parent can hate his child. Never. Even the skull miners and the child rapists. Despite their crime they will still feel for the child. The reason is simple. They know what they went through so as to be able to care for that child. From birth.
This said,a parent can be disappointed in a child because he is seeing the child making the same mistakes he probably made....and he couldn't do anything about it. Thus the pain.
Do what your father wants and see if he won't change his mind about you. Obey your parents. The first blessing with promise.

Rip dad.

As a parent, it is wrong to express your desires and thoughts through your child. Every child deserves to live. The "Child Right Act" seems non - existent in Nigeria.
Re: Father Cuts The Dreadlocks Of His Son, Tell Him To Go And Commit Suicide by Nobody: 10:14pm On Dec 27, 2020
GboyegaD:

As a parent, it is wrong to express your desires and thoughts through your child. Every child deserves to live. The "Child Right Act" seems non - existent in Nigeria.
Your point?
Re: Father Cuts The Dreadlocks Of His Son, Tell Him To Go And Commit Suicide by Uyi168: 10:24pm On Dec 27, 2020
SKhanmi:

Fallacy of hasty generalization
.. And she's a teacher.
Re: Father Cuts The Dreadlocks Of His Son, Tell Him To Go And Commit Suicide by GboyegaD(m): 10:24pm On Dec 27, 2020
MejiLoyon:

Your point?

1st, there was no reason to tell him he could commit suicide if he wants.
2nd, why abuse him by putting clipper in his hair? He's 21 and should be respected.
Anyone who supports the dad's barbaric act is as terrible as the Nigerian SARS.
Re: Father Cuts The Dreadlocks Of His Son, Tell Him To Go And Commit Suicide by jumper524(m): 11:14pm On Dec 27, 2020
MejiLoyon:

Dear sir, kindly tell me what you'll do if he cuts your dada one way or another....I want to learn

Being a father myself

No parent can hate his child. Never. Even the skull miners and the child rapists. Despite their crime they will still feel for the child. The reason is simple. They know what they went through so as to be able to care for that child. From birth.
This said,a parent can be disappointed in a child because he is seeing the child making the same mistakes he probably made....and he couldn't do anything about it. Thus the pain.
Do what your father wants and see if he won't change his mind about you. Obey your parents. The first blessing with promise.

Rip dad.
good to know your a father too.

well what you said is the same thing most parent would always tell me whenever I had issues with my dad.
I love and respect my dad, I can't call my dad irresponsible no, never.
but my problem with him is his aggressive behavior.
my dad would always suppress my opinion and my taughts towards things.
he's always hyper dominant and leaves me with zero choice.
i literally don't always have a choice when he's around.
my dad would continue with this oppressive behavior until last 2 years when I started talking back at him.
he started by fighting back and as a good child I would run but as times flies, i stopped running and the old man upgraded to using weapon. the fear as usual again stopped.
unlike this boy, I don't dress like a bad boy not keep tread, I live very simple.
although am the stubborn time but I sha know my limits.
today my dad is very cautious when talking to me, I feel sorry for him cos I know that's not who he is but too bad he had to learn the hard way.

it's irresponsible for parents hiding under these terms you mentioned to opress a full grown adult.
if Nigeria had a better economy, many child would have run away from their father's house.
good luck parenting your child.

2 Likes

Re: Father Cuts The Dreadlocks Of His Son, Tell Him To Go And Commit Suicide by Nobody: 11:18pm On Dec 27, 2020
jumper524:
good to know your a father too.

well what you said is the same thing most parent would always tell me whenever I had issues with my dad.
I love and respect my dad, I can't call my dad irresponsible no, never.
but my problem with him is his aggressive behavior.
my dad would always suppress my opinion and my taughts towards things.
he's always hyper dominant and leaves me with zero choice.
i literally don't always have a choice when he's around.
my dad would continue with this oppressive behavior until last 2 years when I started talking back at him.
he started by fighting back and as a good child I would run but as times flies, i stopped running and the old man upgraded to using weapon. the fear as usual again stopped.
unlike this boy, I don't dress like a bad boy not keep tread, I live very simple.
although am the stubborn time but I sha know my limits.
today my dad is very cautious when talking to me, I feel sorry for him cos I know that's not who he is but too bad he had to learn the hard way.

it's irresponsible for parents hiding under these terms you mentioned to opress a full grown adult.
if Nigeria had a better economy, many child would have run away from their father's house.
good luck parenting your child.
So much pity
Re: Father Cuts The Dreadlocks Of His Son, Tell Him To Go And Commit Suicide by Godsspeed: 3:08am On Dec 28, 2020
REALLY? You don't know what you did to him to have deserved such hatred? The man why don position himself to answer PAPA DOC (even though he wasn't paying your school fees), and you quit Med School at the 5th year? You don kill him joy naa!
Re: Father Cuts The Dreadlocks Of His Son, Tell Him To Go And Commit Suicide by celwonder(m): 9:04am On Dec 28, 2020
...I've never been a wild child.

Hmmmm, dat phrase got me thinking. A father instructing d siblings to tell u to come home and d moment u came home, he shaved off ur hair, sorry dreadlocks and you say u've never been a wild child? My dear, stop trying to manipulate people's emotions and plainly tell us wat ur difference with ur father has always been while taking note of dis part of d world dat u came from.

1 Like

Re: Father Cuts The Dreadlocks Of His Son, Tell Him To Go And Commit Suicide by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 28, 2020
CalliDora1:
Correct father.

Dread is not a decent hair style. No parents should condone such in their homes.
when you finally leave Nigeria and travel to decent country, you will come back and delete this thrash
Re: Father Cuts The Dreadlocks Of His Son, Tell Him To Go And Commit Suicide by Crossbow(m): 11:49am On Dec 28, 2020
Well what can I say, most of you grew up under such. parenting and see it as a norm. Some here even said no parent can hate the child, I don't want to disagree but things like this lead to everlasting psychological trauma.

I still bear a scar on my forehead and I carry it about like Cain.. I don't think that made me a better person.. I grew up depressed, timid and introverted.. He shouldn't have come back... He's 21.

1 Like

Re: Father Cuts The Dreadlocks Of His Son, Tell Him To Go And Commit Suicide by Organiccourses: 3:20pm On Dec 28, 2020
Can someone verify this story? Quitting medical school after 5 years is painful because of finance, if this is verified, we can all help him financially to go back to Medical school
Re: Father Cuts The Dreadlocks Of His Son, Tell Him To Go And Commit Suicide by officialfestus(m): 3:31pm On Dec 28, 2020
some papa can behave anyhow,naso my own be they raise shoulders they abuse and oppress momsy,even they talk anyhow till I give am the beating of him life....this na the same man wey ruin my feelings and now he's enjoying the monster he made.
Re: Father Cuts The Dreadlocks Of His Son, Tell Him To Go And Commit Suicide by Superpower(m): 10:09pm On Dec 28, 2020
MejiLoyon:

Being a father myself

Rip dad.
There are parents that actually hate their children.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mother In Law Won't Allow Me To Meet My Twins Babies / What My Fiancée Told Me. / I'm Having A Tough Time In My Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.