Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,641 members, 7,861,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 02:53 AM

Just In: Saudi Arabia Bans Underage Marriage - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Just In: Saudi Arabia Bans Underage Marriage (484 Views)

Man,26, Beheaded In Saudi Arabia For Taking Part In Anti-government Protests / 16 Horses Excort Putin's Limousine To King Salman's Palace In Saudi Arabia / Six Things Women In Saudi Arabia Cannot Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just In: Saudi Arabia Bans Underage Marriage by ogododo: 5:16pm On Dec 27, 2020
The Saudi Ministry of Justice has banned the marriage of persons under 18 years. It also set 18 years as the minimum age for marriage.

The Minister of Justice and Chairman of the Supreme Judicial Council, Sheikh Walid Al-Samaani, issued the new directive in a circular sent to all the courts in The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

According to PremiumTimes, child marriages are commonplace in Saudi Arabia with one in seven girls marrying before the age of 18. But, Saudi Arabia’s justice minister is changing things up.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/12/just-in-saudi-arabia-bans-underage-marriage/
Re: Just In: Saudi Arabia Bans Underage Marriage by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 27, 2020
Arrrrrrrh

Let me quickly strike this.

Saudi Arabia Bans 18years marriage while here in Nigeria an 18 years old wife can vöte. grin grin grin

did you see the rate of our stupidity? :-/

Saudi Arabia a Muslim country bans 18years marriage while here in Nigeria the North to be precise allow a girl less than that age to marry. they will tight it to religion. grin grin

Did you see the difference of an illiterate people in religion and a learned folks in religion?

Now for those Northern Muslim people standing behind religion to justify their claims on early marriage I hope you change since your role model country have change.

2 Likes

Re: Just In: Saudi Arabia Bans Underage Marriage by IamWonderful: 5:18pm On Dec 27, 2020
Ok
Re: Just In: Saudi Arabia Bans Underage Marriage by goodmorning40: 5:19pm On Dec 27, 2020
Northern Nigeria will not like this
Re: Just In: Saudi Arabia Bans Underage Marriage by Nigeriabiafra80: 5:23pm On Dec 27, 2020
Hope their counterparts here will emulate them

2 Likes

Re: Just In: Saudi Arabia Bans Underage Marriage by TONYE001(m): 5:24pm On Dec 27, 2020
Beautiful.

Can Nigeria do the same? With the increase in cases of VVF (in the north) and similar pathologies, shouldn't our leaders be bothered?

I hope we have a rethink soon.

1 Like

Re: Just In: Saudi Arabia Bans Underage Marriage by Shuzzi(m): 5:27pm On Dec 27, 2020
Nice one

Am sure those almajiris won't emulate this they prefer wedding babies because proph Moha told them to shalaye all they want angry

At times I wonder if it's the same Islam the Arabs and those northerners practice undecided

1 Like

Re: Just In: Saudi Arabia Bans Underage Marriage by alexsoftwork(m): 5:27pm On Dec 27, 2020
I hope those northern mumu hisbah and those agbaya alhaji can see this.
Re: Just In: Saudi Arabia Bans Underage Marriage by ogododo: 5:29pm On Dec 27, 2020
Hope we go do this law for Nigeria, especially Niger Delta areas
Re: Just In: Saudi Arabia Bans Underage Marriage by Babzrockman: 5:31pm On Dec 27, 2020
gaius01:
Arrrrrrrh

Let me quickly strike this.

Saudi Arabia Bans 18years marriage while here in Nigeria an 18 years old wife can marry. grin grin grin

did you see the rate of our stupidity? :-/

Saudi Arabia a Muslim country bans 18years marriage while here in Nigeria the North to be precise allow a girl less than that age to marry. they will tight it to religion. grin grin

Did you see the difference of an illiterate people in religion and a learned folks in religion?

Now for those Northern Muslim people standing behind religion to justify their claims on early marriage I hope you change since your role model country have change.

Islam originated from Saudi Arabia...
Sometimes I wonder if it's the same holy book I read and understood that my fellow Northerners are practicing...
Mistaken cultures and traditions to religion I think is their problem.
Re: Just In: Saudi Arabia Bans Underage Marriage by DICKstractor: 5:35pm On Dec 27, 2020
cheesy
I hope our brothers from the north will emulate this
Re: Just In: Saudi Arabia Bans Underage Marriage by illicit(m): 5:36pm On Dec 27, 2020
shocked
Re: Just In: Saudi Arabia Bans Underage Marriage by NeoWanZaeed(m): 5:41pm On Dec 27, 2020
watching thd christians talk trash about islam jurispudence they have no idea about is very funny. Its like watching the chicken cluck
Re: Just In: Saudi Arabia Bans Underage Marriage by tolexy007(m): 5:42pm On Dec 27, 2020
Good news coming from Middle east side. grin

lalasticlala
Re: Just In: Saudi Arabia Bans Underage Marriage by dynicks(m): 6:03pm On Dec 27, 2020
Their counterparts in naija right now will be like....

Damn! This ain't a welcomed development!!..we ain't gonna imbibe this....shit!..this ain't gonna happen here!....this ain't acceptable!!...we shall refused this by every means possible!!...ah! Ban young marriage!?...NEVER!!

Re: Just In: Saudi Arabia Bans Underage Marriage by fiercehillz(m): 6:19pm On Dec 27, 2020
Disliked by MURIC, Hisbah Police and 85 million others.

1 Like

Re: Just In: Saudi Arabia Bans Underage Marriage by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 27, 2020
Good news! Let's see if our own muslims will follow suit or stick to the status quo and continue the child marriages in the north.

This is what Sanusi has been trying to preach amongst other things, but nobody hates the truth more than Nigerian politicians and religious fanatics.
Re: Just In: Saudi Arabia Bans Underage Marriage by thesicilian: 6:22pm On Dec 27, 2020
The more we insist on religious fanaticism in Africa, the more backwards we will be. Check out all the highly developed countries of the world, they are mostly the ones that have done away with overzealousness about religion and tribalism.

1 Like

Re: Just In: Saudi Arabia Bans Underage Marriage by jchioma: 6:24pm On Dec 27, 2020
This country is becoming more civilized than some so called Western nations. And with these modern and proactive policies, they have also become more prosperous and haven for tourists and immigrants.
Re: Just In: Saudi Arabia Bans Underage Marriage by espn(m): 6:27pm On Dec 27, 2020
Good news...even the adults we have can't waste there pants well.
Re: Just In: Saudi Arabia Bans Underage Marriage by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 27, 2020
Babzrockman:

Islam originated from Saudi Arabia...
Sometimes I wonder if it's the same holy book I read and understood that my fellow Northerners are practicing...
Mistaken cultures and traditions to religion I think is their problem.

Northern Muslim want to show the apex of holiness even in thier poverty. All those their kids running around the street like ragamuffins they ain't aware of it? I tire for thier stupidity !
Re: Just In: Saudi Arabia Bans Underage Marriage by Kingspin(m): 8:27pm On Dec 27, 2020
While the counterpart in the North is busy teaching their youths, how to throw bombs.

I tell people any day change enters Nigeria you will know.
Re: Just In: Saudi Arabia Bans Underage Marriage by ogododo: 9:09pm On Dec 27, 2020
gaius01:

Northern Muslim want to show the apex of holiness even in thier poverty. All those their kids running around the street like ragamuffins they ain't aware of it? I tire for thier stupidity !
Education be de important oo
Re: Just In: Saudi Arabia Bans Underage Marriage by CodeTemplar: 9:45pm On Dec 28, 2020
wow.
Re: Just In: Saudi Arabia Bans Underage Marriage by CodeTemplar: 9:48pm On Dec 28, 2020
jchioma:
This country is becoming more civilized than some so called Western nations. And with these modern and proactive policies, they have also become more prosperous and haven for tourists and immigrants.
They are still beheading people for trivial "offences".
Re: Just In: Saudi Arabia Bans Underage Marriage by ogododo: 9:01am On Dec 29, 2020
CodeTemplar:
They are still beheading people for trivial "offences".
Now women de drive and go magranta

(1) (Reply)

IRANIAN Hardline Cleric Ebrahim Raisi Has Won! To Be Declared Iran Next Presiden / Uganda Temporarily Host 2,000 Refugees From Afghanistan Following US Request / Exclusive: Pentagon Poised To Unveil, Demonstrate Classified Weapon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.