Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,776 members, 7,820,714 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

How I Fixed My My Car Steering Rack - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How I Fixed My My Car Steering Rack (3082 Views)

How I Finally Fixed My Long Battling Car AC Leakage / Power Steering Rack For Toyota Camry 2.4 / Whats Wrong With This Steering Rack? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Fixed My My Car Steering Rack by femmykenny: 9:28am On Dec 28, 2020
So... My camry 2004 power steering rack was leaking..
I have been managing it for some months because of so many unpleasant things I have read on fixing steering rack.

The problem has gotten to a stage where any fluid pour will not last more than 1 hour.
At this stage.. I know it's time to fix and I cannot continue to top the oil.

So, I did a lot of search online and I realized the 3 option available to me.
Buy brand new rack 100k
Buy tokunbo rack 45k
Fix my rack 15k.

With a lot of sad story online on tokunbo rack, I settle for fixing of my rack for 15k and a plan B of buying a brand new rack if the mission is unsucessful.

Note: I was advised by a steering Rack seller to go for repair if that is the first time I am having the leakage.

So. I called my mechanic he removed the rack, took it to ladipo, the kit was changed and he fixed it.
I also assisted when it was time to bleed the steering rack. ( all the fixing was done in my compound)

After fixing the rack, my steering is only soft when on motion and when on a spot or taking a turn on low speed, steering is strong and need force .

Omo see me see wahaala

My steering was not like this when it was leaking..? It's as soft as agege bread.

Why should it be stiff after fixing Rack.

So... My mechanic started with a theory that my pump is weak and that why it's s not soft and we need to repair the pump.

Haaah... This is the same pump I have been using before you remove my rack and my steering is as soft as agege bread.

I no greee with this theory and I quickly call the best Mechanic on Nairaland Oga gazzuzz

He also supported my claim that my pump is not bad but my rack and I should change it.

I told my mechanic that I have called the Oga of all mechanic in Nigeria and he also said my pump is okay..

I no dey ready to dey do trial by error or to dey waste money.

After dragging forth and back.. He said he made calls too and we are advised to fix my pump
I agree to proceed but we must drive the car to Ikeja first gate because I don't want to entertain any story again.

Due to the public holiday on Friday and Monday we decided to fix the pump on Tuesday...

So... On Friday morning.
While. Driving out of my gate.
A stone was holding on to my Tyre.
So I needed to Rev very high to bypass the stone.
As I fire my engine gently, I felt a relieve on my steering.
My steering became humble like a child beaten without mercy.
The steering that was strong became very soft.
I have been enjoying the car for 4 days now..
Steering is still very soft... No leakage and still monitoring the situation.

Summary of story.

There are fewer story of steering rack fixing on nairaland and I need to add this to help others who might want to search for this info in the future.

We cannot understand how car work 100%,
If not for the holiday we might have pay to fix the pump and may still not get the expected result.

Take opinion from others when making a decision on car repair.

Oga Gazzuzz is a good Man, he called and explained to me with his airtime when he saw my missed call.

1 year after I bought the car... I am still enjoying it... No engine or gear problem....i know others who we purchase at the same time and they have encounter engine and gear problem

Olusharp
Food Don land oooo

3 Likes

Re: How I Fixed My My Car Steering Rack by Alfred74: 9:42am On Dec 28, 2020
femmykenny:
I have been managing it for some months because of so many unpleasant things I have read on fixing steering rack.

The problem has gotten to a stage where any fluid pour will not last more than 1 hour.

Buy brand new rack 100k
Buy tokunbo rack 45k
Fix my rack 15k.

With a lot of sad story online on tokunbo rack, I settle for fixing of my rack for 15k and a plan B of buying a brand new rack if the mission is unsucessful.

Note: I was advised by a steering Rack seller to go for repair if that is the first time I am having the leakage.

So. I called my mechanic he removed the rack, took it to ladipo, the kit was changed and he fixed it.
I also assisted when it was time to bleed the steering rack. ( all the fixing was done in my compound)

After fixing the rack, my steering is only soft when on motion and when on a spot or taking a turn on low speed, steering is strong and need force .

Omo see me see wahaala

My steering was not like this when it was leaking..? It's as soft as agege bread.

So... My mechanic started with a theory that my pump is weak and that why it's s not soft and we need to repair the pump.

Haaah... This is the same pump I have been using before you remove my rack and my steering is as soft as agege bread.

I no greee with this theory and I quickly call the best Mechanic on Nairaland Oga gazzuzz

He also supported my claim that my pump is not bad but my rack and I should change it.

I told my mechanic that I have called the Oga of all mechanic in Nigeria and he also said my pump is okay..

After dragging forth and back.. He said he made calls too and we are advised to fix my pump
I agree to proceed but we must drive the car to Ikeja first gate because I don't want to entertain any story again.

Due to the public holiday on Friday and Monday we decided to fix the pump on Tuesday...

So... On Friday morning.

Summary of story.

There are fewer story of steering rack fixing on nairaland and I need to add this to help others who might want to search for this info in the future.

If not for the holiday we might have pay to fix the pump and may still not get the expected result.

Oga Gazzuzz is a good Man, he called and explained to me with his airtime when he saw my missed call.

1 year after I bought the car... I am still enjoying it... No engine or gear problem....i know others who we purchase at the same time and they have encounter engine and gear problem

Olusharp
Food Don land oooo

You just said a lot and said nothing.

11 Likes

Re: How I Fixed My My Car Steering Rack by femmykenny: 10:43am On Dec 28, 2020
Alfred74:

Wash your face and read again.

2 Likes

Re: How I Fixed My My Car Steering Rack by mejai(m): 10:51am On Dec 28, 2020
Alfred74:

grin
Una go kill person for here o.

OP, me don bath like 6 tyms and read again. What is the moral of the story?
Is it Gazzuzz? Ur car? Ur Kazeem? Ladipo call? Public holidays? Just which one? Abi all?

5 Likes

Re: How I Fixed My My Car Steering Rack by Olusharp(m): 11:36am On Dec 28, 2020
femmykenny:

Buy brand new rack 100k
Buy tokunbo rack 45k
Fix my rack 15k.

Omo see me see wahaala

So... On Friday morning.

Summary of story.

Olusharp
Food Don land oooo

Munching my pop corn .. Lalasticlala wey you

2 Likes

Re: How I Fixed My My Car Steering Rack by Daviestunech(m): 12:46pm On Dec 28, 2020
femmykenny:

Buy brand new rack 100k
Buy tokunbo rack 45k
Fix my rack 15k.

Omo see me see wahaala

So... On Friday morning.

Summary of story.

Olusharp
Food Don land oooo

hmmmm...tokumbo steering rack for 45k...who told u that price pls?.. Wen it's not Sienna

I used the same car ...Nd bought mine 23k from ladipo...(warehouse) because I was advised fixing doesn't last long....u fixing that 15k Wen u can add 10k Nd buy tokumbo

1 Like

Re: How I Fixed My My Car Steering Rack by Peppermintflav: 3:22pm On Dec 28, 2020
femmykenny:

Buy brand new rack 100k
Buy tokunbo rack 45k
Fix my rack 15k.

Omo see me see wahaala

So... On Friday morning.

Summary of story.

Olusharp
Food Don land oooo

Don't go to sleep yet oo! Na so I fix my 98 crv for 15k, they changed the kit and all. It lasted for just one month and I began to see droplets of oil. 2months later I was back to square one. I later bought the toks rack for 35k.
I'm not saying yours will do same but....
Re: How I Fixed My My Car Steering Rack by akefemi: 8:47pm On Dec 28, 2020
Daviestunech:

hmmmm...tokumbo steering rack for 45k...who told u that price pls?.. Wen it's not Sienna

I used the same car ...Nd bought mine 23k from ladipo...(warehouse) because I was advised fixing doesn't last long....u fixing that 15k Wen u can add 10k Nd buy tokumbo

Can you help with contact of the seller I need lexus rx300 steering rack please
Re: How I Fixed My My Car Steering Rack by Daviestunech(m): 9:00pm On Dec 28, 2020
akefemi:

Can you help with contact of the seller I need lexus rx300 steering rack please

Pls mail me so dat I can send u through mail
Re: How I Fixed My My Car Steering Rack by femmykenny: 11:49pm On Dec 28, 2020
Daviestunech:

The problem with buying rack is that many seller will sell a repaired rack as Toks and it's hard to tell the difference.
Secondly.... I doubt if you will get a good rack at the rate of 25k.

The 15k also include the mechanic charges.

How long is the tokunbo rack serving you now.
Re: How I Fixed My My Car Steering Rack by femmykenny: 11:51pm On Dec 28, 2020
Peppermintflav:

Don't go to sleep yet oo! Na so I fix my 98 crv for 15k, they changed the kit and all. It lasted for just one month and I began to see droplets of oil. 2months later I was back to square one. I later bought the toks rack for 35k.
I'm not saying yours will do same but....

This may vary from 1 vehicle to the other and also the level of the damage before repair.
How far with the Toks racks... Have you enjoy it for many months....
Re: How I Fixed My My Car Steering Rack by timenamoney: 11:58pm On Dec 28, 2020
mejai:

grin
Una go kill person for here o.

OP, me don bath like 6 tyms and read again. What is the moral of the story?
Is it Gazzuzz? Ur car? Ur Kazeem? Ladipo call? Public holidays? Just which one? Abi all?

# advertising gazzuzciosly
happy for you , more money in your pocket
Re: How I Fixed My My Car Steering Rack by femmykenny: 12:07am On Dec 29, 2020
timenamoney:
# advertising gazzuzciosly
happy for you , more money in your pocket

I have not meet him in person.
I don't know what Gazzuz look like
I know what it take to respond to calls and help strangers you may never benefit from.
You can try to put yourself in his shoes and let's see how you will do better.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Fixed My My Car Steering Rack by Daviestunech(m): 12:22am On Dec 29, 2020
femmykenny:

The problem with buying rack is that many seller will sell a repaired rack as Toks and it's hard to tell the difference.
Secondly.... I doubt if you will get a good rack at the rate of 25k.

The 15k also include the mechanic charges.

How long is the tokunbo rack serving you now.

yea I know.......4months plus....
p
the seller is even here on Nairaland..

it's depends on cars....go ask again how much 04 Camry steering rack is...
Re: How I Fixed My My Car Steering Rack by Peppermintflav: 12:24am On Dec 29, 2020
femmykenny:

This may vary from 1 vehicle to the other and also the level of the damage before repair.
How far with the Toks racks... Have you enjoy it for many months....
3 months now still working well
Re: How I Fixed My My Car Steering Rack by akefemi: 4:39am On Dec 29, 2020
Daviestunech:

Pls mail me so dat I can send u through mail
done, kindly reply
Re: How I Fixed My My Car Steering Rack by femmykenny: 7:37am On Dec 29, 2020
Peppermintflav:

3 months now still working well

Good 1.
I will Monitor the progress of mine...
Re: How I Fixed My My Car Steering Rack by Daviestunech(m): 8:43am On Dec 29, 2020
akefemi:
done, kindly reply
Replied!
Re: How I Fixed My My Car Steering Rack by kata13: 10:41am On Dec 29, 2020
How much is tokumbo steering rack for avensis 2000?
Re: How I Fixed My My Car Steering Rack by adewumiopeyemi(m): 8:09am On Jan 05, 2021
Daviestunech:

Sienna rack sef new one you get it 25k
Re: How I Fixed My My Car Steering Rack by adewumiopeyemi(m): 8:10am On Jan 05, 2021
My steering rack of sienna sef get fault the oil dey lick also i just tire
Re: How I Fixed My My Car Steering Rack by diportivo: 8:25pm On Jan 05, 2021
adewumiopeyemi:

Sienna rack sef new one you get it 25k

its better u buy a brand new sienna sef guy

just 1m naira

1 Like

Re: How I Fixed My My Car Steering Rack by adewumiopeyemi(m): 9:21pm On Jan 05, 2021
diportivo:

its better u buy a brand new sienna sef guy

just 1m naira

1999 model ryt
Re: How I Fixed My My Car Steering Rack by diportivo: 9:24pm On Jan 05, 2021
adewumiopeyemi:

1999 model ryt

no....2020

since u can buy brand new steering rack for 25k na

we suppose see 2020 sienna for 1m too

2 Likes

Re: How I Fixed My My Car Steering Rack by adewumiopeyemi(m): 12:20am On Jan 06, 2021
diportivo:

no....2020

since u can buy brand new steering rack for 25k na

we suppose see 2020 sienna for 1m too

You dey wine me abi
Re: How I Fixed My My Car Steering Rack by DAutoDiagnosis: 12:10pm On Jan 06, 2021
grin

Sienna wey I still see for 900k last week. But it is 2018 model

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Cars That Uses Water As Fuel / Driving Automatic Vehicles With Both Legs. / Why Dont We Wax Our Cars In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.