Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,353 members, 7,843,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

OPINION: Did Any Pastor Prophesy 2020 Would Be The ‘year Of Coronavirus’? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / OPINION: Did Any Pastor Prophesy 2020 Would Be The ‘year Of Coronavirus’? (393 Views)

Winners Chapel: We Have Received 36 Testimonies Of Healing Of Coronavirus Plague / Any Pastor Who Can’t Control His Libido Shouldn’t Go Near Pulpit — Yakubu Pam / I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OPINION: Did Any Pastor Prophesy 2020 Would Be The ‘year Of Coronavirus’? by tawiatata: 2:36pm On Dec 28, 2020
I have previewed hundreds of articles and video clips from last years church cross-over services and have yet to find a pastor that prophesied – or gave an inkling of forewarning – regarding the ominous events that befell the world in 2020. The question is – if ministers of God are truly mouthpieces of God, why did no one warn the world about coronavirus? The prophetic proclamations I heard were almost unanimously painting 2020 in a positive light, bolstering expectations of ‘uncommon breakthroughs’, ‘mind-boggling promotions’ and ‘extravagant abundance’. Opposite was the case for the world in 2020 – both individually for many pastors and collectively for their members.

Let me pinpoint a few practical examples. Pastor Chris Oyakhilome of Christ Embassy declared 2020 the ‘Year of Perfection’. Several months later, he was embroiled in controversy after stating the coronavirus pandemic was caused by 5G technology – a claim so spurious his television channel in UK was sanctioned for it. Malawian ‘Prophet’ Shepherd Bushiri said he had prophetically visited all the months of 2020 and they were resoundingly ‘great’. He was arrested two months ago over charges of fraud and eventually escaped to Malawi where he remains a fugitive. RCCG Pastor Enoch Adeboye declared 2020 “the year of series of joys” and “series of victories”. In May, a young girl was raped and murdered in one of his church branches, sparking outrage and protests throughout the nation of Nigeria.

Apostle Johnson Suleman termed 2020 “the year of greater glory”, Bishop David Oyedepo said it was “the year of breaking limits” while COZA Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo called it “the year of unprecedented exploits”. Zimbabwean Pastor Emmanuel Makandiwa said 2020 was the “year of excellence”, Dunamis Head described it as “the year of supernatural shift’ and DayStar’s Pastor Sam Adeyemi announced it as “the year of rest”. However, the members shouting ‘Amen’ to these ‘prophetic proclamations’ are mostly the same people facing the brunt of the economic backlash caused by the coronavirus pandemic of 2020 and the lockdown imposed to contain it. While, of course, there are some sparse individual cases where these themes saw fruition, I think it’s safe to say that – as a whole – 2020 proved the entirety of these pastors wrong. Indeed, it will easily go down as one of the worst years on record and one most citizens of the world will be eager to forget and forge ahead from.

Yet with 2021 approaching, the majority of these churches will be packed with congregants – most flouting COVID-19 guidelines – to hear another ‘word from the Lord’ for the upcoming year. It suggests to me that most attendees at such events are simply going for social, traditional or conventional reasons, not to actually hear a genuine message from above. In the same vein, I would surmise that most pastors choose to ‘prophesy’ words that tickle ears and elicit a sufficient emotional frenzy to ensure a sizeable offering is collected at the crossover service. In the case of Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, he unashamedly stated he would not read his ‘prophecy’ but it was available to be purchased for N100!

Let me conclude by giving an honourable mention to TB Joshua of The SCOAN who did aptly term 2020 ‘the year of humility’. If there’s anyone who needed to be humbled in 2020, I’d highlight these pastors who yearly prophesy smooth things under the hallowed guise of hearing from God.

SOURCE: https://www.thecable.ng/did-any-pastor-prophesy-2020-would-be-the-year-of-coronavirus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDUlgtncoSA

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: Did Any Pastor Prophesy 2020 Would Be The ‘year Of Coronavirus’? by OkCornel(m): 2:39pm On Dec 28, 2020
Now let’s wait for the sheeples to defend their “god of men”
Re: OPINION: Did Any Pastor Prophesy 2020 Would Be The ‘year Of Coronavirus’? by DOMINO001: 2:45pm On Dec 28, 2020
Religion is the opium of the masses.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OPINION: Did Any Pastor Prophesy 2020 Would Be The ‘year Of Coronavirus’? by doggedfighter(f): 2:50pm On Dec 28, 2020
Their punting skills didn't see that.

Religion decapitates common sense.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: OPINION: Did Any Pastor Prophesy 2020 Would Be The ‘year Of Coronavirus’? by Kondomatic(m): 2:56pm On Dec 28, 2020
You didn't find any because you were expecting it to come from big pastors like the ones you listed.

Some small pastors did warn their church members to pray against a deadly ailment in the coming year, though no name was given to the sickness
Re: OPINION: Did Any Pastor Prophesy 2020 Would Be The ‘year Of Coronavirus’? by Kingosytex(m): 3:08pm On Dec 28, 2020
Some unpopular pastors predicted this.
Re: OPINION: Did Any Pastor Prophesy 2020 Would Be The ‘year Of Coronavirus’? by MightySparrow: 3:10pm On Dec 28, 2020
These tags given to years are not necessarily prophecies but prophetic as they wished their congregants.
Not all Christian Preachers are prophets. I don't remember. Sam. Adeyemi claiming to be a prophet at anytime.
However, certain prophecies are not programmed to happen. They come as warnings to move the concerned to repent or pray.
Critics on NL are mostly ignorant of scriptures and ways of God. God reveals and still have the final say when called upon.
Re: OPINION: Did Any Pastor Prophesy 2020 Would Be The ‘year Of Coronavirus’? by TheSourcerer: 3:15pm On Dec 28, 2020
They predicted deaths of famous people, that definitely counts .
Re: OPINION: Did Any Pastor Prophesy 2020 Would Be The ‘year Of Coronavirus’? by Salt06(m): 3:50pm On Dec 28, 2020
no mind op
Re: OPINION: Did Any Pastor Prophesy 2020 Would Be The ‘year Of Coronavirus’? by hakeem4(m): 7:08am On Dec 29, 2020
This is a very tricky question, as some of these prophets can claim they predicted it indirectly Example:

1) death of influential and notable people
2) economic downturn
3) a strange illness

So if you’re asking if these seers predicted corona virus, the answer is no
Re: OPINION: Did Any Pastor Prophesy 2020 Would Be The ‘year Of Coronavirus’? by CAPSLOCKED: 7:16am On Dec 29, 2020
THE WORST THING SEUN WILL DO TO US (AFTER GIVING US DEADASS MODS) IS TO PUSH ALL THOSE 2021 PROPHECIES TO FP. HE SHOULD DELETE THEM ON SIGHT AND BAN POSTERS FOR POSTING FALSE, MISLEADING AND DANGEROUS INFORMATION.

SAME RECYCLED THINGS IN THE LAST TEN YEARS, WITH NONE OF THEM TALKING ABOUT IMPORTANT REAL LIFE EVENTS.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OPINION: Did Any Pastor Prophesy 2020 Would Be The ‘year Of Coronavirus’? by MJBOLT: 7:21am On Dec 29, 2020
famous people die every yeaet

TheSourcerer:
Re: OPINION: Did Any Pastor Prophesy 2020 Would Be The ‘year Of Coronavirus’? by MJBOLT: 7:21am On Dec 29, 2020
famous people die every year

TheSourcerer:

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OPINION: Did Any Pastor Prophesy 2020 Would Be The ‘year Of Coronavirus’? by Auduambless(m): 7:32am On Dec 29, 2020
Watch this deep gospel song by Min. Theophilus Sunday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFfXDV2FKaE
Re: OPINION: Did Any Pastor Prophesy 2020 Would Be The ‘year Of Coronavirus’? by Juliusmomoh: 10:40am On Dec 29, 2020
Apart from me, who else notice that the guy above me is a bull_dog...
We are talking about important thing...
He's posting video
Re: OPINION: Did Any Pastor Prophesy 2020 Would Be The ‘year Of Coronavirus’? by NoToPile: 11:15am On Dec 29, 2020
Yes It was even prophesized 2018 I think, it was accurate, said a disease originating from Asian continent highly contagious ( can't remember the exact words but I was shaking as I watched the video, very accurate words) that it can't be averted and prayers should be made.

It was a vigil in a canopy canopy , the video came out after covid hit. Its a small not popular church.
Re: OPINION: Did Any Pastor Prophesy 2020 Would Be The ‘year Of Coronavirus’? by ayomilore: 2:10pm On Dec 29, 2020
Yes I'm not a redeem member but Baba adeboye said something similar. He said the world we behave like a convulsing child which is what is happening today inform of lockdown in some countries of the world. What I have observed about God is that mist time he speaks in parable.

(1) (Reply)

Shocker: Men Do Not Have Freewill ! / Nigeria's Constitution And The Religious Confusion / TB Joshua's Death Is Victory, He Was A Fake Prophet- Ugandan Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.