Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,305 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) - Art, Graphics & Video (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) (10579 Views)

Logo Design Mistakes Graphic-Artists Make / 2d/3d Art Gallery / Want to Join Team of 3D Animators? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by Nobody: 4:34pm On Nov 06, 2008
old_post
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 06, 2008
x
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by zPixel(m): 5:05pm On Nov 06, 2008
@micha3l
Nice concept
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by wham(m): 3:22pm On Nov 07, 2008
Hello Micha3l,

Nice to have U on board here.

@All
How about another date in Nov for the meeting? We still have 14th and 21st of Nov.
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by AdamuW: 6:04pm On Nov 07, 2008
Hi Wham,

I suggested the 6th because it gives people ample time to plan. Last time we called the meeting so quickly that the news hardly got round. If you remember, people were just finding out on the day and rushing in. Also I think that date is a good compromise. It's near the end of the year so when we have the next one in January what we discussed in December would still be in people's minds.
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by AdamuW: 6:07pm On Nov 07, 2008
Oh yeah and Micha3l said please 3 times.That has to count for something. Good to see you here Micha3l.
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by Nobody: 11:17am On Nov 08, 2008
x
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by wham(m): 6:46pm On Nov 10, 2008
Okay, lets look forward to 6th Dec while other folks can let us know what they think about the date.
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by wham(m): 1:03pm On Nov 20, 2008
I dont think I'll be in town for the 6th of Dec. I'll be out of Abuja for a while. I hope to participate even if its for a few mins on phone or on the net.

I hope everyone else is still gearing up for that date?
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by AdamuW: 10:08am On Nov 28, 2008
Just to confirm that the next Abuja Creative Forum meeting is taking place on the 6th of Dec at 10 am.

It will be at the same venue. Chase executives, 2nd Floor Oakland Centre, Plot 2940 Aguiyi Ironsi Street in Maitama. Next to Dunes and opposite Maitama hospital.

The idea for this meeting is to start looking into real world issues on how the talent pool can collaborate and market itself better to national and international audience. For example, looking into setting up an exhibition for 2009. Of course there will be a chance to network etc.

Hope to see some of you there.
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by wham(m): 8:34pm On Dec 06, 2008
Hey!
How was the meeting?

Wish I was there.

What was discussed?

How many people came this time?
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by AdamuW: 12:30pm On Dec 07, 2008
Hi Wham,

There were less attendants than last time by about 1or 2 people. But that doesn't really bother me as it's not really numbers I'm after. The majority of those that came were focused guys and girls. I suppose to could describe the theme of the meeting as 'Stop being and artist and start being a businessman'. We talked about how we as creatives could better our game professionally and providing a REAL viable alternative to creative hubs in South Africa, UK, US which most high spec jobs are outsourced to. We also looked into ways of getting funding to do just that and also how to deal with the 'politics' of getting a high value contract. Actually we really didn't talk much about creative production. The meeting really focused on how can this creative industry provide us with a real income and be respected.

Let's just say there's a lot of work to be done and we are just at the beginning. I'm referring to the Abuja market here as that's where most of my experience is. For all I know our colleagues in Lagos, PH etc are way ahead of us.

In my opinion it was a very constructive meeting.
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by wham(m): 9:22pm On Dec 08, 2008
I'm getting excited.

. . . Cant wait for the next meeting.
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by xothermik(m): 6:57pm On Dec 23, 2008
yeah was cool but i think some dint make it because it was on sallah's eve and people might hav travelld or up and bizzy.cud hav missd it too but for the resolve i had to be there after missin the first one. only adamu beat me to the venue. i wish guys with real focus cud see the possibilities here. i mean i was even fortunate to land a paying client there. grin and the wheels hav'nt even started rollin yet.
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by wham(m): 4:49pm On Dec 24, 2008
Thats good!

Do we have any sketchy plans for the next meeting?

Can we make January?
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by wham(m): 3:36pm On Jan 04, 2009
Happy New Year All.

May our ideas begin to consolidate and materialize into profitable quality productions this year.
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by xothermik(m): 12:13pm On Jan 10, 2009
k i know everyone's just commin outta the yuletide and need to catch some breath. but if we are to hav another meetin this month then i think we shud start suggetin a date so everyone can schedule and prioritize.
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by AdamuW: 8:17am On Jan 14, 2009
Hello Guys. Happy new year. I've been so busy I haven't had the time to reply on Nairaland as I find facebook easier now. I'm looking at the dates of 7th or 14th of Feb.
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by Gamine(f): 12:53am On Jan 15, 2009
I was thinking there'd be one in January,

7th or 14th, hmm, i hope i can make it, this time
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by Faru: 1:49am On Jan 17, 2009
@ Gamine pls contact me I ve some info. 4 u aicomiare@yahoo.com
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by wham(m): 4:17pm On Jan 17, 2009
@Adamu

Can we have an earlier meeting? Like in January.

We have two Saturdays ahead: 24th and 31st

(24th sounds good)
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by wham(m): 10:00am On Jan 26, 2009
Hello guys,

Our next meeting should hold on the 7th of Feb at the same venue as the previous ones (2nd Floor, Oakland center, Aguyi ironsi road, Maitama).

We are hoping to achieve a stronger focus as we progress.

I'd like everyone who wishes to attend to please fix the meeting into their individual schedules ahead of that weekend.

Lets make our vision a reality.

Cheers!
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by zPixel(m): 1:02pm On Jan 26, 2009
I must be there this time. Hope this is the final date for the event? Looking forward.
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by wham(m): 1:45pm On Feb 11, 2009
Seems we getting somewhere.

The last meeting was a move in the right direction.

Lets keep in touch and consolidate on our plans via the facebook group.
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by khalilzbr: 12:42pm On Feb 19, 2009
lafem i am also a traditional 2d animator how can i contact you i live in ilorin kwara state i need some advice on how to sell my short films
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by Lafem(m): 9:28am On Jul 14, 2009
@AdamuW & Wham & co.: Gentlemen, I'm highly inspired by what your group's doing, big Kudos to you all for your efforts to 'up' the Naija Animation game in your neck of the woods. I'm planning a trip to Abuja for sometime in September and I'd really like to meet with you guys -- if possible -- to discuss ways I can contribute to your noble efforts. I tried searching for your email/phone contacts via this forum but was unsuccessful so I'm wondering if you guys can perhaps drop me your contact(s) via my email addy: lafemanimation@yahoo.com, or 0805-602-8559. Thanx in anticipation.
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by zicoisaac: 3:08pm On Jul 22, 2009
I am a Graphic Artist, I function in a Real Estate firm IT Department. kindly provide ur email to view my past project design/printS
for other urgent Design and printing, contact me on 08087125005, 07040061384
email:zicoisaac@yahoo.com
Thank you.
SAMUEL

Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by zicoisaac: 3:12pm On Jul 22, 2009
I am a Graphic Artist, kindly provide ur email to view my past project design/printS
for other urgent Design and printing, contact me on 08087125005, 07040061384
email:zicoisaac@yahoo.com
Thank you.
SAMUEL

Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by chronique(m): 12:41am On Mar 29, 2012
Chronx media int'l is putting together a 3months course for prospective candidates who would want to learn 3d animations for gaming,movies,adverts & video productions. emphasis will be on major softwares like maya & autodesk. At the end of the course,participants will work on different team projects & the very best,will be selected to be part of the i-revolution project.
for participation and enquiries,log on to www.chronxmedia.com and fill out our contact form. you can also send us a mail at chronx@chronxmedia.com or call 07083971264. Limited spaces available for registeration.
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by bigma(m): 3:19pm On Apr 09, 2012
i am a good Animator/Editor based in Enugu...u can reach me on 08032553106
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by chronique(m): 1:11pm On Apr 28, 2012
Do you wanna learn 3d animation and make money with it? Are you ready for an intensive 6 months course? If yes,here's your chance. Project I-REVOLUTION will be taking off soon. We need just 10 people to work on this 3d project which will include animated tv commercials,animated short movies and a 3d game. This will be the first of its kind in Nigeria and West Africa and we're seeking for the best animators to work on it.

Reasons why you should learn 3d animation with us:

1. You get to learn from individuals with over 10yrs experience in animation.
2. You get to learn from some of the very best in the continent,who're doing int'l standard animation(shrek,avatar,etc standard).
3. Learn in a well airconditioned classroom with breakfast & lunch being served on course days.
4. You also get hands on experience/practicals(not just theory).
5. You learn how to use multiple softwares.
6. You get materials(books & cds) worth thousands of dollars for free.
7. You get to work on paid(not free) projects after course completion.
8. If you excel,you'll get a chance to work with a team on a ground breaking project(I-REVOLUTION SERIES) in Nigeria.
9. We'd also help you market your jobs to corporate brands & private individuals who might be interested in your service.
10. All these and much more.

Duration: 6 months

Course content:

MONTH 1:
week 01: Introduction to Maya User Interface (GUI)
week 02: introduction to modeling 1 (indoor modeling)
week 03: introduction to modeling 2 (achitectural modeling)
week 04: character modeling (Female waitress)

MONTH 2:
week 05: uv mapping 101
week 06: character uv mapping (character uv mapping using a 3rd party plugin) week 07: character texturing using Photoshop
week 08: project 101 (model and texture a boy in a kitche environment)

MONTH 3:
week 09: intro to Rigging in Maya
week 10: character rigging
week 11: character animation 101
week 12: character animation 102

MONTH 4:
week 13: introduction to maya software rendering
week 14: project based lighting a rendering using Scripts
week 15: render global setting
week 16: introduction to Maya's mental ray nodes

MONTH 5:
week 17: project 102 ( the class would be divided into groups for a project) AIM: group 1 - modelling and texturing, group 2 - rigging, group 3 - animation, group 4 - rendering

MONTH 6:
project 103: individual project
AIM: rig and animate the boy you did in "project 101"

Registeration starts on the 1st of may and ends on the 31st of may.
course fee is #350,000 & this covers tuition & materials.

Late registeration starts on the 1st of june and ends on the 9th of june.
course fee is #400,000

Registeration fee/form costs #3,000 and it's non-refundable.
lecture commences on the 11th of june,2012.

Prospective students are advised to come in with a standard laptop.

Venue: Protea Hotel,Maryland,Ikeja,Lagos.
Time: 9am - 1pm daily. Lecture holds 3 times a week.

Form enquiries,purchasing of registeration forms and payment of tuition fee,contact us at:
ChronxMedia360
Gobi plaza,
121/123,Egbeda-Idimu,rd,Ilepo-Alhaji bus-stop,Egbeda,Lagos.

You can also call us on 07065614087,07083971264,07025137792 or ping us on: 2220593f.

Email: chronx@chronxmedia.com

follow us on twitter @chronxmedia and like us on facebook by searching for chronxmedia360 and clicking the like button.

Log on to www.chronxmedia.com to view our reel and see some of the jobs we've done.

ChronxMedia360.
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by cavallo: 7:03am On Mar 27, 2013
DONT MISS THIS. ITS HAPPENING ON THE 7TH OF APRIL 2013, AT ABUJA. 4 DAY WORKSHOP. GOOD THING IS, ITS AFFORDABLE. FOLLOW RIVENDELL PIER ON FACEBOOK FOR MORE INFO..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Killer Tips For Logo Design / Artworks I Made With My Android Phone / Etisalat Lagosphoto Photography Competition For Students And Professionals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.