Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,610 members, 7,843,959 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

How 2020 Showed Us Church Is Not By “power And Might”! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How 2020 Showed Us Church Is Not By “power And Might”! (149 Views)

Why Daddy Freeze's Mockery Of The MFM Pastor Who Died In Church Is Wrong / I Want To Leave My Father's Deeper Life Church. Is It Right? - Pastor's Daughter / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How 2020 Showed Us Church Is Not By “power And Might”! by tawiatata: 4:13am On Jan 02, 2021
As 2020 has finally drawn to a close, an opportunity for reflection on a year filled with chaos, uncertainty and heartache remains. One of the most poignant lessons for the year is the ‘unravelling’ of many ‘men of God’ whose responses to the deadly coronavirus pandemic evoke significant questions as to whether they are indeed authentic representatives from above.

Most of the prominent clergymen had foreseen positive omens for 2020. For example, Pastor Chris Oyakhilome of Christ Embassy declared 2020 the ‘Year of Perfection’ - although if ever there was an award to be given to the most ‘imperfect’ of years, 2020 would be a prime candidate. Others such as RCCG Pastor Enoch Adeboye declared it “the year of series of joys” and “series of victories” while Bishop David Oyedepo said it was “the year of breaking limits”. Apostle Johnson Suleman termed 2020 “the year of greater glory”, while Dunamis Head Paul Enenche described it as “the year of supernatural shift’ and DayStar’s Pastor Sam Adeyemi announced it as “the year of rest”. However, the events that characterised this year could not be further from such permutations.

I think it’s fair to say the veil making these religious leaders immune to criticism seems to have lifted as realisation has dawned that many have indeed been operating under “power and might”. At this point, let me remind you of a striking prophecy given by Prophet TB Joshua of The SCOAN for 2020 - a year he aptly entitled ‘The Year of Humility’. He said the following regarding those in Christ’s vineyard: “Work of God – people will be getting tired this year because the work of God is not by power and might; because of so many challenges, tribulations and burdens they will not be able to bear.”

If ever the world needed proof of the Holy Spirit’s power to heal, COVID-19 provided it. However, most ministers of God were fighting about how to reopen their churches quickly so as to maintain the regular flow of offertory income. If ever the world needed proof of the Holy Spirit’s power to reveal the future, COVID-19 provided it. However, most ministers of God simply prophesied what their members wanted to hear so as to evoke a sufficient emotional reaction to ensure hefty offerings were dropped at cross-over services.

Where is the miraculous power of God we read about in the Bible? It appears motivational messages, energy-infused concerts and business-oriented seminars are more akin to the church services held today. I believe 2020 is the year we have awakened to the reality that true church is not restricted to a physical structure. True church is not by power and might. True church is all about a relationship with God Himself. If this humbling year has opened our eyes to this reality, perhaps its purpose has indeed been served.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDUlgtncoSA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6aJLBVG96c&

1 Like

Re: How 2020 Showed Us Church Is Not By “power And Might”! by Kobojunkie: 5:21am On Jan 02, 2021
tawiatata:

I think it’s fair to say the veil making these religious leaders immune to criticism seems to have lifted as realisation has dawned that many have indeed been operating under “power and might”. At this point, let me remind you of a striking prophecy given by Prophet TB Joshua of The SCOAN for 2020 - a year he aptly entitled ‘The Year of Humility’. He said the following regarding those in Christ’s vineyard: “Work of God – people will be getting tired this year because the work of God is not by power and might; because of so many challenges, tribulations and burdens they will not be able to bear.”

If ever the world needed proof of the Holy Spirit’s power to heal, COVID-19 provided it. However, most ministers of God were fighting about how to reopen their churches quickly so as to maintain the regular flow of offertory income. If ever the world needed proof of the Holy Spirit’s power to reveal the future, COVID-19 provided it. However, most ministers of God simply prophesied what their members wanted to hear so as to evoke a sufficient emotional reaction to ensure hefty offerings were dropped at cross-over services.

Where is the miraculous power of God we read about in the Bible? It appears motivational messages, energy-infused concerts and business-oriented seminars are more akin to the church services held today. I believe 2020 is the year we have awakened to the reality that true church is not restricted to a physical structure. True church is not by power and might. True church is all about a relationship with God Himself. If this humbling year has opened our eyes to this reality, perhaps its purpose has indeed been served.
Let's hope 2020 marked the beginning of the end for at least this particular set of touts and thieves that have been ruling over the minds of Nigerian with their many lies and mirrors, all in the name of God.

(1) (Reply)

Prayer Changes Things / Lessons From Psalms 91 / Being Crucified Together With Jesus Christ Crucified Is Our Rest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.