Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,329 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why (51863 Views)

The Cost Of DNA Test In Nigeria / #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji / Nigerian Doctor Warns Fathers To Always Take DNA Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by donbachi(m): 5:33pm On Jan 03, 2021
Farki:

I feel this person has a serious issue mentally, I have never seen him say one sensible thing for the entire year I've been on this forum.
Dat everyone says its right,doesnt make it right.not born to please u.
Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by loswhite(m): 5:33pm On Jan 03, 2021
Aflix:
What bought about this DNA issue in the first place was due to that FCMB manager saga. Surely, the US did not plan that
Dont mind the Idiot ...Every nonsense the black ppl decide to do they find a way to link to bill gates or America

5 Likes

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by 2sexycom(m): 5:33pm On Jan 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Even though it is true that there are paternity frauds in our society, the reality is it is not so much like how social media are publicizing it.

Nigerian dna market is unregulated, dna is your human footprint, your personal data. Dna is not only about testing paternity but it can be use for many things.

I believe there is a plot on Nigerians by some Dna tech companies in Nigeria to raise the discussion about DNA Test in our society because they want to create a DNA bank For Nigerians.

For instance, there is a company called 54gene in lagos that is building an African DNA bank, the company raised almost 15 million dollars from Bill and merinda gates foundation. The company claim that the Greater availability of African genomic data could lead to medical breakthroughs for the African’s 1.2 billion people.

As far back as 2019, the company has almost 60,000 dna samples of Nigerians in their Bank, in addition, the company is based in Washington DC and Nigeria.

How many of you are concerned about your privacy, don't let social media discussions fool you, some of these dna companies might be the ones sponsoring the discussion so that people can go for Dna test, soon they will gather your data and also sell it to the highest bidder in the United states or to law enforcement agencies.

People should know what they spread online, you might be claiming woke, understand that your privacy matters and that anybody who has control over your dna data has control over you.

A typical APC rubbish... You are just making allegations without backing up your claims with verifiable FACTS...

Only people who have poor education will be fooled by this hogwash that you have spewed here... calling melinda and bill because it is now bait to drive any blackmail...

1 Like

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by SEGLIZ: 5:34pm On Jan 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

I know why Nigerians can never compete with westerners in anything, the level of iq is too low in this part of the world.

Reading, comprehension and analytical skills is not available in this part of the world.

this generation are worse slave to the west than their father was.
a bunch of psychological slave, coming on line to brag of been a redpiller, alpha mules forming alpha male.
they vast in issues of women and sex but far backward in the scheme of event in the world. they come online, to form itk whereas they have no iota wisdom, knowledge and understanding.
Dear Brother there is no way you can redeem an already perished generation. a generation that is fast and vast in using it's mouth (lip, tongue) and fingers than brain is bound for doom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Kennedyiheme02: 5:34pm On Jan 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Just like your father
lol you do know american government watch everything you do without your permission... the tech guy that leaked confidential information about thr cia.. they watch everybody, even when your phone is in your pocket, they turn on the Mic and listen to your conversation, conavirus is a weapon, did they need your DNA to create the virus?... guy no offense you're not that important that they'd require your blood for special analysis... you have a gmail and facebook account, they sell your data everyday bro.. and there's nothing you can do about it, you can't be too careful

1 Like

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by smasher1(m): 5:35pm On Jan 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Dna data are your human footprint also they can be sold to law enforcement and third parties.

Once you give someone your dna, he or she has private information about your medical a d family history, diseases, they can modify and engineer your Genetic, also it can be used to track you.

Giving your dna in an unregulated market like Nigeria is like giving your privacy and freedom out.

You might think dna testing is only about paternity test, it is more than that.

Conspiracy theory. Story. Just like saying 5G causes Coronavirus.

1 Like

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by benji93: 5:35pm On Jan 03, 2021
Bullshit. My people, which of the two evils would you choose? Training a child that's not yours for 20+ years or making your DNA available to some tech folks. In the latter's case, they may actually mean what they claim. Must there always be an ulterior motive for the collection of data. There are causes you would be willing to give up some of your privacy for. Nigerian men consider this one of those causes. Say no to paternity fraud. Nigerian men's lives matter. cheesy grin
thebosstrevor1:
Even though it is true that there are paternity frauds in our society, the reality is it is not so much like how social media are publicizing it.

Nigerian dna market is unregulated, dna is your human footprint, your personal data. Dna is not only about testing paternity but it can be use for many things.

I believe there is a plot on Nigerians by some Dna tech companies in Nigeria to raise the discussion about DNA Test in our society because they want to create a DNA bank For Nigerians.

For instance, there is a company called 54gene in lagos that is building an African DNA bank, the company raised almost 15 million dollars from Bill and merinda gates foundation. The company claim that the Greater availability of African genomic data could lead to medical breakthroughs for the African’s 1.2 billion people.

As far back as 2019, the company has almost 60,000 dna samples of Nigerians in their Bank, in addition, the company is based in Washington DC and Nigeria.

How many of you are concerned about your privacy, don't let social media discussions fool you, some of these dna companies might be the ones sponsoring the discussion so that people can go for Dna test, soon they will gather your data and also sell it to the highest bidder in the United states or to law enforcement agencies.

People should know what they spread online, you might be claiming woke, understand that your privacy matters and that anybody who has control over your dna data has control over you.

3 Likes

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by dammyBoxes: 5:35pm On Jan 03, 2021
samuelpeters:
hahahaha!
No kill me with laugh oh grin

I wonder wetin an average Nigerian go gain. If them like make them collect all the whole data who cares!

On a serious note, if you're not in the Medical Field you won't know what Bill gate has done for Nigeria.
But some people will ignorantly open their mouth waaaaa! De voice shit.
Tomorrow they will go and buy malaria drug for 1k, not knowing that same Man is behind them all.
Ingrates!

©️2021.
it is not their fault, it is bill gates that is wasting his money on ingrates that I blame.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Dollanaira: 5:35pm On Jan 03, 2021
Hmm
Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Kennedyiheme02: 5:36pm On Jan 03, 2021
dake40:
you use fingerprint unlock on your phone, you think your data cant been infringed on until you do DNA test?

even in public places like restaurants where fingerprints, saliva are everywhere, he thinks they cant go there and swipe everybodys DNA..
Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by membranus: 5:37pm On Jan 03, 2021
Another Bill Gate's targeted conspiracy theory.

Don't you people get tired of this.

So if they mine your DNA, how is it going to hurt you?

All the details of your life you have completed in banks and hospitals how have they come back to hurt you?

2 Likes

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Kennedyiheme02: 5:37pm On Jan 03, 2021
lol op of you visit public places.. your DNA can be taken without your permission grin relax guy.. no one actually needs your DNA.. YOU'RE not that important

3 Likes

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Shugavee(f): 5:38pm On Jan 03, 2021
Ladyhippolyta88:

Lol the congo Rainforest in DR congo and other African countries located in Africa has enough deadly viruses that can kill Africans if what you were saying is true they won't even need your DNA and won't look any further than go to the rainforest where a lot of animals with deadly virus run free na there Ebola from come self cheesy
Ebola isn’t as communicable as COVID 19 , any disease that has affected Africa ain’t as communicable as COVID 19. I agree they might be planning to do a study on our DNA, I don’t trust these white people , they can do and undo , the fact our immunity is strong, kinda shows we are obviously greatly blessed and better in something, and I know they ain’t happy about it.

Btw how are you doing , happy new year smiley
Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by BRATISLAVA: 5:38pm On Jan 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

In a country with such myopic youth, how do you think they will understand data privacy? They think it doesn't matter, and are so arrogant in their ignorance about it.
Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by akigbemaru: 5:38pm On Jan 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Olafame(m): 5:39pm On Jan 03, 2021
ebere89:
How many of you are concerned about your privacy, don't let social
media discussions fool you, some of these dna companies might be
the ones sponsoring the discussion so that people can go for Dna test,
soon they will gather your data and also sell it to the highest bidder in
the United states or to law enforcement agencies.

i can agree with you here. alot of corporations are not happy that the covid 19 did not hit africa hard.. so we should be careful
nobody is sonsorig discussion for god sake.the fcmb issue "sponsored" the discussion.the op is just trying provoke a reaction.i am a biologist and i can confidently tell you that all she wrote dere is trash. The foolishest of her theories(i stopped reading at that pointactually) was the using dna to create biological weapon.against nigeria?lol.not china not russia or iran. Where global warfare is concerned nigeria is very irrellevant in the scheme of tins

1 Like

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 5:40pm On Jan 03, 2021
Shugavee:
Ebola isn’t as communicable as COVID 19 , any disease that has affected Africa ain’t as communicable as COVID 19. I agree they might be planning to do a study on our DNA, I don’t trust these white people , they can do and undo , the fact our immunity is strong, kinda shows we are obviously greatly blessed and better in something, and I know they ain’t happy about it.

Btw how are you doing , happy new year smiley
grin grin where did you get the data to show that our immunity is strong shocked

I am fine dear and happy new year to you and many many more years have a blessed year ahead cool

1 Like

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by bunnae(f): 5:41pm On Jan 03, 2021
The insults when this op don chop sha.
Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by DrayZee: 5:43pm On Jan 03, 2021
Mehn...what is this nau

Ever since this DNA talk came, I’ve been hearing all sorts of excuses. Now you’re saying there’s a conspiracy against Nigerians...and the only way for them to get us is if we do DNA test?.? grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Everyday someone somewhere breaks the limits of stupidity...you are today’s candidate cheesy

3 Likes

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by VULCAN(m): 5:43pm On Jan 03, 2021
I burst into laughter reading your reply.

You hit the nail on the head.

It's sad to think his point was lost simply because he tried to link it with a case that is still blowing our minds.

No one can destroy the way women can.

I advise every man to do DNA test as the repercussions of finding out 20yrs later are too terrible to bear.

It's bad enough having an affair, but allowing your lover to pour his seed inside and then passing off the child as your husband's is the depth of wickedness.

I believe that the woman in question loved her boss and never loved the cuckold husband.

If you investigate she may hve been using Postinor whenever she sleeps with the husband so as not to have a child for him.

If you have a good wife always praise her and also God as well.

donbachi:
Even when the woman says he is not the father of her kids,to his face..are those companies also working with the women?.why are you sounding like an agent of paternity fraud.

3 Likes

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by CrazyGranddad(m): 5:44pm On Jan 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Nonsense comment.

You want people to do dna test without thinking about data protection.

Nigerian dna market is unregulated.when you give your dna to companies, they have control over you.

What control exactly?

1 Like

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by dammyBoxes: 5:44pm On Jan 03, 2021
Kennedyiheme02:
lol you do know american government watch everything you do without your permission... the tech guy that leaked confidential information about thr cia.. they watch everybody, even when your phone is in your pocket, they turn on the Mic and listen to your conversation, conavirus is a weapon, did they need your DNA to create the virus?... guy no offense you're not that important that they'd require your blood for special analysis... you have a gmail and facebook account, they sell your data everyday bro.. and there's nothing you can do about it, you can't be too careful
the op and people supporting his post are daft.
If the US needs dna of africans, what is the most effective way of getting it? Paternity tests? Lol.
When they have free immunization programs, they can set up maternity health centers, build free hospitals. And get unending supply of dna from patients. Why go through the stress of influencing social media? Makes zero sense. And it is funny these guys claim to be educated

4 Likes

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Shugavee(f): 5:44pm On Jan 03, 2021
Ladyhippolyta88:
grin grin where did you get the data to show that our immunity is strong shocked

I am fine dear and happy new year to you and many many more years have a blessed year ahead cool
our childhood is enough data grin , after using sand to cook soup and playing in the sand. They dare not

kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Kennedyiheme02: 5:47pm On Jan 03, 2021
dammyBoxes:
the op and people supporting his post are daft.
If the US needs dna of africans, what is the most effective way of getting it? Paternity tests? Lol.
When they have free immunization programs, they can set up maternity health centers, build free hospitals. And get unending supply of dna from patients. Why go through the stress of influencing social media? Makes zero sense. And it is funny these guys claim to be educated
thts one is too far.. go to public places.. restaurants and see the amount of DNA left behind.. this is just a ploy to make sure men don't do DNA.. i wont be suprise if its a woman hiding under a mans moniker

2 Likes

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 5:47pm On Jan 03, 2021
Shugavee:
our childhood is enough data grin , after using sand to cook soup and playing in the sand. They dare not

kiss kiss

LOL grin grin grin

kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Daphilly(m): 5:48pm On Jan 03, 2021
The reason why many people are not thinking about DNA is because it is not really affordable. The day DNA becomes affordable in Nigeria that is the day every secret will burst out.

Many men are training someone's child unknownly. Fear women!

1 Like

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jan 03, 2021
One cold beer for op.
Infact I read about 54gene during the covid around May last year. The company initially promised to make covid-19 testing accessible.
I'm not sure that was achieved.
There might be a plot to get the data.

1 Like

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by dammyBoxes: 5:52pm On Jan 03, 2021
Kennedyiheme02:
even in public places like restaurants where fingerprints, saliva are everywhere, he thinks they cant go there and swipe everybodys DNA..
the op and his supporters are just ridiculous. They think dna is hard to obtain. A thousand more easier ways to get dna than using social media to trick people. Dna from hairs in barbing salons, dna from saliva in guise of immunization, dna from primary health centers with funding from USAID, WHO etc. And one dolt here was talking about running to Canada as if that would somehow protect his precious dna. Lol
Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by SEGLIZ: 5:52pm On Jan 03, 2021
Frustrated007:
Hmm..I have always suspected that there's a ploy with all this DNA stuff.
Op you're right!
Google and it's parent company alphabet are doing the same thing in the West.. tricking adults and children under the guise of "know your ancestry" into taking DNA test!
Alot of people are saying they're doing it for future drug monopolies but I think it's something else..perhaps to perfect a biological weapon making it more deadly to any race..
Or they are looking for a particular bloodline.

Here's a video I found online op

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXLHdNlU3F8

I want to be too religious about this whole thing one a lot on this forum are dying of inferiority complex to the west and Europe.
still I would say this things ain't ordinary be it physical or spiritual.
Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

The US company are creating a DNA bank without most people knowledge because Nigeria is an unregulated market.

With these information, they can engineer your genetics, they can use your dna to track you, it can be used for mass surveillance.

Even in the United states, there was a leak, that the government was compiling dna samples of foreign diplomats. It was a scandal.

Now think, why do they need foreign diplomats dna

they can't use your DNA to track you, like a gadget working with GPS, they can only use it to identify you.
Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by walkingshadow911: 5:56pm On Jan 03, 2021
Martinez39s:
Lol. An amusing and ludicrous piece of trash which is actually a deliberate manipulation from the op. Give no heed to the op; I don't blame her for think men are so dumb that they would fall for her conspiracy trash. grin

Go get the DNA test, guys.

grin the op has lost sleep since the issue of paternity fraud started trending.
frausters dey disguisegrin. i believe her husband is on nairaland. gringringrin

1 Like

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Shugavee(f): 5:58pm On Jan 03, 2021
dammyBoxes:
the op and his supporters are just ridiculous. They think dna is hard to obtain. A thousand more easier ways to get dna than using social media to trick people. Dna from hairs in barbing salons, dna from saliva in guise of immunization, dna from primary health centers with funding from USAID, WHO etc. And one dolt here was talking about running to Canada as if that would somehow protect his precious dna. Lol
u don’t get the point , in this case they hv ur consent. They know ur name and ur personal information, like age etc .

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Dr. Oluyinka Olutoye, The Nigerian Surgeon With A Difference (Photos) / LAUTECH Student Who Was Acting Strange In Ado-Ekiti Reacts / Teacher Makes Girl Sit On Hot Water Container In Lagos, Girl Dies (Graphic Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.