Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Reply Kukah With Facts, Not Attacks - Joseph Hayab, CAN Boss Tells FG - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reply Kukah With Facts, Not Attacks - Joseph Hayab, CAN Boss Tells FG (18417 Views)

Bishop Kukah: Nigeria not worth dying for / Why We Can’t Sanction Pastors Who Accuse Kids Of Being Witches – Former CAN Boss / Bishop Kukah: No President In World Can Be Irresponsible As Nigerian President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reply Kukah With Facts, Not Attacks - Joseph Hayab, CAN Boss Tells FG by DamnnNiggarr: 11:28am On Jan 03, 2021
Reply Kukah with facts, not attacks, CAN boss tells FG

…Says Bishop would’ve been accused of speaking for South if…
…’Kukah wasn’t speaking for a particular faith’

Following the criticisms trailing the Christmas Message of the Catholic Bishop of Sokoto Diocese, Bishop Mathew Kukah, Chairman, Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, in 19 northern states, Rev Joseph Hayab, has called on the Federal Government to contradict the clergy’s message with facts instead of criticising him.

Kukah had in his homily accused President Muhammadu Buhari of turning nepotism into a state policy, saying there could have been a coup if a non-northern Muslim President had done a fraction of what Buhari did.

But in a veil reference to the Bishop, the Federal Government said he was “calling for a violent overthrow of a democratically-elected government.”

The Bishop who doubles as a social critic had long denied the allegation, saying he did not call for a coup in his criticism of Buhari.

Kukah insisted he only spoke the truth on what he called Buhari’s nepotism.

Pro-northern

Apart from government, some pressure groups, especially pro-northern bodies, also criticised the Catholic Bishop.

Irked by the relentless attacks on the cleric, Hayab, in an exclusive chat with Sunday Vanguard, said the criticisms were aimed at creating crisis between the North and South.

He added that Kukah would have been accused of speaking for the South if he wasn’t a northerner.

His words: “I don’t want to be seen as if I am repeating his words or what other people have said. I would love this government to come out and tell Nigerians that line A, line B, line C, line D, line E, and line F, of what Kukah said were not true. It is better instead of debating about it. One of the words they are trying to use, in twisting it, they were even trying to set Muslims against Christians. They are also trying to set the South against the North. Thank God, Kukah is a northerner. If Kukah was a southerner they would have said he is doing it for the South. If I cry that our house is burning, what we need to know is why the house is burning. There is a fire incident, probably, whether it is electrical, gas, or whatever, the first thing is to put out the fire. After that, we can look at what led to the fire incident.

Danger

“In this situation, Kukah is using his God-given authority, telling the nation that there is danger in our land. In the last three months, hundreds of our children were stolen. In the last three months, some members of our community have been killed.

Those children stolen were not exclusively Christians. Those people who were killed on their farms were not exclusively Christians. Kukah wasn’t even defending a particular faith. He was talking about his fellow citizens who are in pain and he was urging government to tell us what is actually happening. Where do we go? Where did he go wrong? And he was speaking from the position of knowledge. I am over 50. I have stayed around for a long time to have seen what is happening.

Jonathan

“Why was the fight against Boko Haram in Jonathan era so weak? It was because Jonathan was listening to the accusation that he wanted to kill northerners. It happened in this country.

If Jonathan had moved further to kill those Boko Baram members, they would have complained further. The fact is that even the elders of North-East states of Yobe and Borno, came to the Villa to complain that they were killing their brothers. Now, their brothers have become a terror to everybody including them. Now, they are seeing their brothers as enemies.

Twisting

“If Kukah is telling government that what is happening in our land is too bad, what is government doing? Nigerians are asking questions. Why twisting his story? I am defending him because I have also been part of this system and I understand what is happening in our country and we want the best for Nigeria. If Nigeria goes better, you would be happy. I would be happy.

“When you are defending humanity, you don’t talk about faith. Human beings are members of one family under God. Whether you are a Christian or Muslim, whatever religion you belong to, we are first, members of one human family. I defend human beings. I don’t defend religion, ethnic, or regional interest.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/01/reply-kukah-with-facts-not-attacks-can-boss-tells-fg/amp/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Reply Kukah With Facts, Not Attacks - Joseph Hayab, CAN Boss Tells FG by Xscape1993(m): 11:31am On Jan 03, 2021
Majority of the blacks do not like the truth. We like lies too much.

129 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reply Kukah With Facts, Not Attacks - Joseph Hayab, CAN Boss Tells FG by Vaughanlanrewaj: 11:39am On Jan 03, 2021
DamnnNiggarr:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/01/reply-kukah-with-facts-not-attacks-can-boss-tells-fg/amp/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Oam4j lalasticlala

Sadly,Reverend Kukah is speaking from both sides of the mouth if you compare what he said when his favoured PDP was in Power in 2014 and now. He is not consistent and sincere.
It is a lesson to those who speak from both sides of the mouth and play tricks with their influence.
See the Service Chiefs he was supporting then. Why didn't he call for their sack Then? Why was he condemning Nigerians lamenting over the incompetence and corruption of the monumental failure,Boko Haram LGA and petrol scarcity era GEJ PDP government that owed salaries for months then yet he was supporting then?

NIGERIANS URGED TO PERCEIVE THE COUNTRY IN POSITIVE CONCEPT

2014, Aug 05

Bishop Mathew Hassan Kukah of Sokoto Diocese has called on Nigerians to eschew pessimism about the Nigerian nation and have a positive concept about the country and her people. The bishop made this call in a paper presentation at a lecture organized by the members of the Pyrates Confraternity to mark the 80th Birthday anniversary of Nigeria’s Nobel Laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka.

His words: “Nigerians love to criticize their country perhaps far more than any nation I know of in the world. Yes, we have all earned the right to be cynical and even contemptible about the way we have been governed, and about how the resources of our nation have been frittered away mindlessly. I am even more amused by the criticisms of some of our brethren in the Diaspora especially those who think that simply being abroad has set them apart from their fellow countrymen and women, those who believe that those of us who are here are so because we are not good enough to be abroad.”
Calling for a more positive orientation and thinking about the Nigerian nation, Bishop Kukah added:
“ It is about time we took off the gloves and speak honestly to ourselves about our future as a country, our mistakes, our fears, anxieties and deep hope. We are not the worst people on earth nor is our country the worst piece of God’s real estate. We have to seize this narrative and re-define ourselves.”

According to Bishop Kukah: “The measure of the greatness of a people or even individuals is based on how or where they stand in moments of trials and tribulations. Nigeria is going through such a phase now. Since the outbreak of the tragedy that is Boko Haram, one has seen another side of our citizens that is quite tragic. Rather than trying to stand together to rise beyond this in hope together, I find some of my fellow citizens creating more confusion and using the insurgency as weapons of politics. 
He added: “The President and the security agencies have become the objects of attacks and vilification and yet, there is very little that is being done to point at the way forward. I know that as day follows night, we shall pull out of this tragedy that we face as a nation. But the least we can do is to stand in the comforts of highways and homes that someone else constructed and thrown stones at ourselves and our people simply because we are living off someone else’s sweat.”

The local ordinary of Sokoto Diocese pointed out that in spite of the criticisms of the country, she has produced globally acclaimed men and women geniuses who have distinguished themselves in different areas of social, academic and professional development. He added that what the country needs are new visionaries to set higher standards and “new dreamers with the necessary imagination to summon our people to greater tomorrow.”

While eulogizing the celebrant and appreciating his commendable achievements in making the society a better place through the work of arts and literature, Bishop Kukah challenged the new generation of writers to address the questions of the relationship between life and art.
His words: “What we now need is new generations of Nigerian artists who will make Life imitate Art. By doing this, they can hold before us a world that is not here, but is possible. They can offer us a vision of a society that is not here yet but one to which we can align our politics, religion and culture as a people. They can summon to bear our burden with joy, to conquer our darkness with courage. That is the only spirit that can summon us to say, Yes, we can and Yes, we Must. It is the only spirit that can bend the arc of justice in our direction.”

https://www.cbcn-ng.org/newsdetail.php?tab=372

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Reply Kukah With Facts, Not Attacks - Joseph Hayab, CAN Boss Tells FG by RepoMan007: 11:41am On Jan 03, 2021
If the northern elders had been honest from day one and loved their neighbors as themselves, they won't be under attack today.

4 Likes

Re: Reply Kukah With Facts, Not Attacks - Joseph Hayab, CAN Boss Tells FG by Macphenson: 1:02pm On Jan 03, 2021
They don't have fact, they are empty, that's why they resorted to attacking the man of God.

Look at the issue

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reply Kukah With Facts, Not Attacks - Joseph Hayab, CAN Boss Tells FG by GreatPro098: 2:04pm On Jan 03, 2021
Okay

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

2 Likes

Re: Reply Kukah With Facts, Not Attacks - Joseph Hayab, CAN Boss Tells FG by ProDoings570: 2:05pm On Jan 03, 2021
It is well
Re: Reply Kukah With Facts, Not Attacks - Joseph Hayab, CAN Boss Tells FG by Omoslim26: 2:05pm On Jan 03, 2021
Ok

A govt dat feels threatened by criticism has no plans of offering good governance to the people

Shame on Apcheat

28 Likes

Re: Reply Kukah With Facts, Not Attacks - Joseph Hayab, CAN Boss Tells FG by Amspecial: 2:05pm On Jan 03, 2021
grin
Re: Reply Kukah With Facts, Not Attacks - Joseph Hayab, CAN Boss Tells FG by Rockerr: 2:06pm On Jan 03, 2021
Can have spoken
Re: Reply Kukah With Facts, Not Attacks - Joseph Hayab, CAN Boss Tells FG by Rockerr: 2:06pm On Jan 03, 2021
The government are jokers
Re: Reply Kukah With Facts, Not Attacks - Joseph Hayab, CAN Boss Tells FG by JoeEeL(m): 2:06pm On Jan 03, 2021
KUKAH, true spiritual leader.

Not all these patent crooks like Tunde Bakare, Yemi Osinbajo, Oyakhilome etc.

16 Likes

Re: Reply Kukah With Facts, Not Attacks - Joseph Hayab, CAN Boss Tells FG by Whiteshield: 2:07pm On Jan 03, 2021
Why haven't they arrested Kukah? I thought some fools said they will arrest Kukah and nothing will happen.

5 Likes

Re: Reply Kukah With Facts, Not Attacks - Joseph Hayab, CAN Boss Tells FG by ProDesigns2003: 2:07pm On Jan 03, 2021
Let’s see how it plays out
Re: Reply Kukah With Facts, Not Attacks - Joseph Hayab, CAN Boss Tells FG by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jan 03, 2021
Jihadists kukah isn't your problem

Stop funding Boko Haram with Niger Delta oyel money

9 Likes

Re: Reply Kukah With Facts, Not Attacks - Joseph Hayab, CAN Boss Tells FG by oluwaseunamos33(m): 2:07pm On Jan 03, 2021
Kukah should be prayerful and always be at alert, I can see federal government hunting for his life. My 2021 prophesy
Re: Reply Kukah With Facts, Not Attacks - Joseph Hayab, CAN Boss Tells FG by kambili999(f): 2:08pm On Jan 03, 2021
####fact.

Pro northerners saw dangote's bumbum online but they won't say anything o.

But they will rather criticize the truth said by the Bishop. undecided

17 Likes

Re: Reply Kukah With Facts, Not Attacks - Joseph Hayab, CAN Boss Tells FG by Whiteshield: 2:08pm On Jan 03, 2021
You can't expect facts from people like Garba Shehu and Femi Adesina. Only people like Ajuri Ngelale deal in facts and they don't disgrace themselves like Femi Adesina.

Been a while Lauretta Onochie displayed her foolishness. Losing the INEC job really pained her

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reply Kukah With Facts, Not Attacks - Joseph Hayab, CAN Boss Tells FG by UncommonLogic: 2:10pm On Jan 03, 2021
Yeah, facts like Kukah was silent when your CAN president Orisafejor was buying arms for the Nigerian govt, it was ok then but now the delusional religious fanatic just remember nepotism. But it was ok when Thief Clark and mama piss were ruling Nigeria from the creek.
Bunch of HYPOCRITES.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Reply Kukah With Facts, Not Attacks - Joseph Hayab, CAN Boss Tells FG by WiszyFraud: 2:11pm On Jan 03, 2021

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reply Kukah With Facts, Not Attacks - Joseph Hayab, CAN Boss Tells FG by omlueh(m): 2:12pm On Jan 03, 2021
We should never be biased Reverend Father Martin Hassan Kukah has Spoken nothing but the whole truth, let the Government of the day do the necessary needful that needs to be done.

8 Likes

Re: Reply Kukah With Facts, Not Attacks - Joseph Hayab, CAN Boss Tells FG by Shimishingshong: 2:12pm On Jan 03, 2021
Weed
Re: Reply Kukah With Facts, Not Attacks - Joseph Hayab, CAN Boss Tells FG by AustineJohn908(m): 2:12pm On Jan 03, 2021
FG looking for Facts to attack Kukah with is like "Looking for a niddle in a haystack "....it impossible to find.

3 Likes

Re: Reply Kukah With Facts, Not Attacks - Joseph Hayab, CAN Boss Tells FG by oyeb15: 2:13pm On Jan 03, 2021
No public holder in Nigeria can objectively justify his office with facts.

Its just Politics of personal enrichment.

3 Likes

Re: Reply Kukah With Facts, Not Attacks - Joseph Hayab, CAN Boss Tells FG by emmabest2000(m): 2:14pm On Jan 03, 2021
FG can't challenge boko 's that attacks harmless people up and down
But they keeps lamenting about harmless speech

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reply Kukah With Facts, Not Attacks - Joseph Hayab, CAN Boss Tells FG by iamimohtal(m): 2:14pm On Jan 03, 2021
Cooker
Re: Reply Kukah With Facts, Not Attacks - Joseph Hayab, CAN Boss Tells FG by 1beat(m): 2:14pm On Jan 03, 2021
it is well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? / Do Humans Have The Ability To Bless Or Curse Others? / Ladies Disclose Worst Things A Pastor Said About Women In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.