Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,453 members, 7,853,985 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 08:58 AM

Migrating From Nigeria To Mexico And To Canada - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Migrating From Nigeria To Mexico And To Canada (2345 Views)

Irony:Americans Are Moving To Mexico But Mexicans Don't Want Them(photos) / How Can I Relocate To Mexico / Gibram Cruz Mother's Deportation To Mexico By US: Army Officer Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Migrating From Nigeria To Mexico And To Canada by Phestlady(f): 2:35pm On Jan 03, 2021
A friend of mine told me that I can apply for Mexico visit visa and migrate to Canada from there.. Please I want to know the possibility of this.
Re: Migrating From Nigeria To Mexico And To Canada by iTroll: 2:39pm On Jan 03, 2021
I'd advise you make more research on this... Cause I think mexico won't be a good place for such things.

Imagining getting in trouble there or their notorious reputation in the Intl community
Re: Migrating From Nigeria To Mexico And To Canada by Brandonx(m): 2:42pm On Jan 03, 2021
It's not possible undecided
Re: Migrating From Nigeria To Mexico And To Canada by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 2:45pm On Jan 03, 2021
Except she plan to go there to act telemundo

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Migrating From Nigeria To Mexico And To Canada by dawnomike(m): 2:59pm On Jan 03, 2021
Phestlady:
A friend of mine told me that I can apply for Mexico visit visa and migrate to Canada from there.. Please I want to know the possibility of this.
It is possible but not worth it for the following reasons..
* You will have to cross into canada through the Eastern territory snow desert... For an African immigrant who is from the tropics, that is suicidal (especially for a lady)

* Let's say you you were successful in entering illegally, you will have no social security number nor insurance... Which mean, you have to pay for your expensive healthcare, child welfare if you later have any and face possible deportation except you seek for asylum if you cam prove you ran away from your country due to threat to life.

* Canada is not as porous as the US, you will like not get a job without your work permit and SSIN... Even if you get a job, you will not earn up to the basic minimum wage and your employer will exploit you and there is nothing you will be able to do about that. Any attempt to file a report, you will end up blowing your cover and gey deported!!!.

There are many other disadvantages to your plan. But, except your mind is made up to face any thing that comes out of it; pls do not try it

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Migrating From Nigeria To Mexico And To Canada by ednut1(m): 3:32pm On Jan 03, 2021
Not possible. Unless you will sneak into usa by foot( you can die while on the journey). Then travel by road like 4 days to canada usa border. And file for assylum when you enter Canada. Your spirit may make it but body go dey decompose for Mexican desert o.

5 Likes

Re: Migrating From Nigeria To Mexico And To Canada by dreaonit: 3:39pm On Jan 03, 2021
What if she stayed in Mexico for about 5years an get citizenship by this she can apply to canada.
Re: Migrating From Nigeria To Mexico And To Canada by Awesomefoodie: 5:08pm On Jan 03, 2021
Can she stay in mexico with visit Visa for 5 years? I suggest she should keep that money she wants to use in processing mexico Visa and ticket, save just a little to add to it and apply for Canada Visa.

1 Like

Re: Migrating From Nigeria To Mexico And To Canada by Upeople: 5:48pm On Jan 03, 2021
[quote author=dawnomike post=97679416]It is possible but not worth it for the following reasons..
* You will have to cross into canada through the Eastern territory snow desert... For an African immigrant who is from the tropics, that is suicidal

Canada and Mexico do not share border crossing. You have to cross into the United States first, u knw what that means

1 Like

Re: Migrating From Nigeria To Mexico And To Canada by seunny4lif(m): 5:51pm On Jan 03, 2021
Mexico to USA or Canada reminds me of Nigeria to Italy by road
It’s possible but it’s a craze road and the person might die
I lost a lot of friends on that road to Italy

3 Likes

Re: Migrating From Nigeria To Mexico And To Canada by seunny4lif(m): 6:21pm On Jan 03, 2021
Mexico is a craze country and you have to learn Spanish
With Cameroon passport, I know Mexico is visa free.
dreaonit:
What if she stayed in Mexico for about 5years an get citizenship by this she can apply to canada.
Re: Migrating From Nigeria To Mexico And To Canada by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:58pm On Jan 03, 2021
Well if you can stay and gain the Mexican citizenship. Mexico is visa free to Canada and Mexicans can work in Canada via the TN visa. Mexico isn't as rich as the USA but it's one billion times better than all the countries in Africa. If you have business mind you have a wealthy market to sell to. If you are a tech guy it's easy getting remote jobs with American firms from Mexico than in Nigeria.
Re: Migrating From Nigeria To Mexico And To Canada by dreaonit: 7:10pm On Jan 03, 2021
Mexico can be good and also be bad depending on individual, have not been there but I sometimes made intensive research. You need to plan your journey well. Pls is Brazil visa free to canada too?
Re: Migrating From Nigeria To Mexico And To Canada by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:01pm On Jan 03, 2021
dreaonit:
Mexico can be good and also be bad depending on individual, have not been there but I sometimes made intensive research. You need to plan your journey well. Pls is Brazil visa free to canada too?
Na but Brazilians get ten years visa to Canada easily same thing as America. Brazil is visa free to all of Europe and the developed nations in Asia.
Re: Migrating From Nigeria To Mexico And To Canada by mogbolade39317: 8:35pm On Jan 03, 2021
Re: Migrating From Nigeria To Mexico And To Canada by Paulstephen: 2:09pm On Jan 11, 2021
please someone should answer me, I got a job offer from Mexican company, will 10,000 peso be enough for me to manage in a month at Mexico??
Re: Migrating From Nigeria To Mexico And To Canada by optimusprime2(m): 4:40pm On Jan 11, 2021
mogbolade39317:

You said it like it's beans and Garri grin ... lemme give you a tip, the moment an individual makes it to the point of obtaining citizenship of a country, then genuinely, there will be something that legit binds you to that country ...

I have come in contact with people that thought they could do something of the sort, but apparently turned out they fell in love with the country, got caught up and couldn't leave indefinitely.
E.g
1. A good paying job/profession is capable of making you a citizen upon time.
2. Marriage, Children and family et al
3. Superb mastery of the local language
4. Community involvement
5. Ownership of valuable assets or property
6. Large-scale investments/ Capital shares
Etc...

So the real question is, what if she stays in Mexico and any 1 of the 6 options applied to her Citizenship, what happens... Will she ignore any of them on a blink, because of Canada?

So it really doesn't work like that

4 Likes

Re: Migrating From Nigeria To Mexico And To Canada by Ashirioluwa: 2:03pm On Jan 14, 2021
dreaonit:

Who gave you the assurance that you will get residency permit not to talk of citizenship in 5 years.

It’s not easy to legalize when you entered a country with visitor visa. Unless you migrate legally, getting a paper in all these countries are not as easy as we discussed on nairaland page

Talk is cheap
Re: Migrating From Nigeria To Mexico And To Canada by Ashirioluwa: 2:09pm On Jan 14, 2021
Paulstephen:
please someone should answer me, I got a job offer from Mexican company, will 10,000 peso be enough for me to manage in a month at Mexico??

That is around $500. That’s way too small unless the company is providing support like accommodation.

What type of job did you get?
Re: Migrating From Nigeria To Mexico And To Canada by Cousin9999: 11:40pm On Jan 14, 2021
Scammers. Of the worst kind.

(1) (Reply)

A Nigerian Caught After More Than 20 Years Of Stolen Identity In The UK / Visa To Write An Exam In Usa / Yacht Cruise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.