Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,422 members, 7,853,827 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 05:18 AM

Realistic Self Love Habits Everyone Must Practice In 2021 - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Realistic Self Love Habits Everyone Must Practice In 2021 (197 Views)

Good Habits Everyone Needs For Success / Practice Nigerian Army DSSC Past Questions And Answers / 17 Bad Habits You Need To Kill In 2017 To Be More Successful In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Realistic Self Love Habits Everyone Must Practice In 2021 by abayomitheblog(m): 2:40pm On Jan 03, 2021
I got an email from a friend on Christmas day that made me write this. In it, he gave me a really important advice that I appreciate, you’ve got to ‘love myself’ more.

After reading the email, I thought to myself how can I love myself?

This is a question I’ve tried to answer several times by myself and you may have thought about it too considering how often we hear and use the word self love.

Anyways, I went on YouTube and found some videos that talked about self love practices.

Below, I am going to share what I learnt from these videos so that you can practice the self love habits in 2021 and beyond.

1. Practice gratitude

Self-love begins with being able to recognize your blessings no matter how little (there’s no such thing as little blessing anyways) and be grateful for it. You can’t be happy if you keep focusing on your lacks. I don’t have this, I don’t have that.

How about what you have? Be grateful for them and you will start realizing how blessed you are.

2. Stop self criticism

When I heard this, I knew I need it. I’m a perfectionist and if things are not done the way they should be, I criticise. You can be your own biggest cheerleader and also be your own biggest negative critic. But the former will do you more harm. Give yourself some slack, you’ve never done life before so don’t be too hard on yourself.

You are doing perfectly fine. Anyways, there is no such thing as perfection. It’s a mirage and stop trying to attain.

3. Self affirmation

Self criticism should be replaced with self affirmation. You are human and you are only trying to be one so be nice to yourself. Self affirmation encourages you to think positively about the important things in your life.

4. Take care of your body

Like Jim Rohn said, take care of your body, it’s the only place you have to live. A healthy body births a strong and productive mind. Make sure you take good care of you body.

Exercise regularly (even if it’s an evening walk)
Watch what you eat
Take your bath
Take care of your physical appearance

5. Do more of things that you love

Doing what you love is definitely a self love habit you should practice. If you haven’t, start paying attention to your emotions and actions when you are doing something. Does it give you joy? Do you want lose track of time or do you glance at the clock every minute?

Your emotions and actions can tell you if you like doing such activity. Thou shall not spend thy time (or too much time) on things that do not make thy happy. That’s the number one commandment of self love. You should respect your happiness by doing things that you love and makes you happy.

6. Positive self talk

When do you say to yourself when you’re alone? or what do say when you start having those meetings in your head?

Our subconscious mind acts in such a way that it does not filter negative from positive so when you say negative about yourself to yourself, your subconscious believe it. And that means your conscious mind will find it difficult not to believe it. Slowly, it starts to believe it and you start acting that negative (sometimes even without you realizing)

7. Create personal boundaries

Setting personal boundaries is you respecting and showing yourself love. I use to be a people pleaser, I hate it when someone asks me for help and I say no in fact I found it difficult to say no. I wanted to help everyone that asked (even those who didn’t but look like they needed it), I had no respect for my health or time.

But you know what this kind of thing do to you? It wear you down, you feel drained mentally and physically. You cannot help everyone that comes your way and you should make peace with that.

Also make peace with the fact that people will think you are wicked and heartless just because you said no to them.

Set personal boundaries in 2021, what are the things you’d accept? and those you would never accept maybe because it does not serve you. Respect those boundaries.

Read more https://ambitiouswarrior.com/2020/12/26/15-realistic-self-love-habits-everyone-must-practice-in-2021/

Re: Realistic Self Love Habits Everyone Must Practice In 2021 by BLACKARABIAN: 2:40pm On Jan 03, 2021
OK

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Akeredolu Presents New Prado Suv, Toyota Hilux To Ondo Deputy Speaker / Outfits Inspirations / What Could Be Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.