Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Help! My Brand New HP Laptop Has Dealt With Me! Recommend A Durable laptop. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help! My Brand New HP Laptop Has Dealt With Me! Recommend A Durable laptop. (1581 Views)

Portable And Durable Laptop / This Insane Laptop Has Seven Foldable Displays (Photos) / Guys Please Help Me Recommend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Brand New HP Laptop Has Dealt With Me! Recommend A Durable laptop. by Reddington(m): 7:30am On Jan 04, 2021
Hi, guys, I need a new laptop. I currently use HP Notebook 250 G5 (core i3) which was bought for me brand new by someone roughly 2 yrs ago. I can say the experience hasn't been a smooth one. The laptop started having keyboard issues after 2 months of use despite handling it with utmost carefulness.

The issue started with a key (left arrow key) and then spread to several keys randomly. I had to buy a wireless keyboard because virtually all the laptop engineers I contacted told me the keyboard would be extremely difficult to replace because it is a chiclet/island kind of keyboard. So I had to make do with the external keyboard for over a year and half now.

Long story short, woke up one morning to discover, to my astonishment, a white horizontal line across the screen, this's in addition to the fact that the left arrow key goes haywire & continuously press itself sometimes, making the laptop virtually unusable. This is my first laptop, and I'm absolutely hating the experience. The stereotype is that most HP laptops are fragile, and based on my experience, it'll be very difficult to convince me to believe otherwise. This was a brand new laptop! HP is an insanely popular brand in the world of laptops, but I honestly think they're ridiculously overrated!

So back to my main aim of creating this thread; I need a brand new laptop, but I'm also willing to consider fairly-used ones if they're of the highest grade. Lenovo is my preferred choice, but I'm willing to consider other reliable brands too.

I'm looking out for the following attributes:

* Reliability & durability.
* Parts must be readily available in the market and very replaceable by competent engineers.
* Anything less than core i5 is unacceptable.
* A dedicated graphics card would be great, but not a must.
* Screen size must be 15.6 inches and above, with rich colours.
* On-screen time should be nothing less than 4.5hrs i.e battery must be solid.
* 8GB or 4GB RAM. If 4, it must be expandable.
* 500GB - 1TB Storage.
* SSD storage
* Mustn't be bulky.

My budget = N250-N300k

Laptop gurus/vendors, I need your help with recommendations, please.

Thank you!
Re: Help! My Brand New HP Laptop Has Dealt With Me! Recommend A Durable laptop. by Sheriman(m): 7:39am On Jan 04, 2021
Reddington:
Hi, guys, I need a new laptop. I currently use HP 250 G5 (core i3) which was bought for me brand new by someone roughly 2 yrs ago. I can say the experience hasn't been a smooth one. The laptop started having keyboard issues after 2 months of use despite handling it with utmost carefulness.

The issue started with a key (left arrow key) and then spread to several keys randomly. I had to buy a wireless keyboard because virtually all the laptop engineers I contacted told me the keyboard would be extremely difficult to replace because it is a chiclet/island kind of keyboard. So I had to make do with the external keyboard for over a year and half now.

Long story short, woke up one morning to discover with bewilderment, a white horizontal line across the screen, this's in addition to the fact that the left arrow key goes haywire & continuously press itself sometimes, making the laptop virtually unusable. This is my first laptop, and I'm absolutely hating the experience. The stereotype is that most HP laptops are fragile, and based on my experience, it'll be very difficult to convince me to believe otherwise. This was a brand new laptop! HP is an insanely popular brand in the world of laptops, but I honestly think they're ridiculously overrated!

So back to my main aim of creating this thread; I need a brand new laptop, but I'm also willing to consider fairly-used ones if they're of the highest grade. Lenovo is my preferred choice, but I'm willing to consider other reliable brands too.

* Parts must be readily available in the market and very replaceable by competent engineers.
* 500GB - 1TB Storage.
* SSD storage
* Mustn't be bulky.

My budget = N250-N300k

Thank you!
Go for Dell Inspiron 15 7559 very good laptop that has the features to get your job done
Re: Help! My Brand New HP Laptop Has Dealt With Me! Recommend A Durable laptop. by mountmoriah(m): 7:41am On Jan 04, 2021
I have core i7 Intel 2.90ghz

HP Elite book 8470p

500 GB hard

8gb ram

Blue tooth

Wireless

N90k
Re: Help! My Brand New HP Laptop Has Dealt With Me! Recommend A Durable laptop. by Reddington(m): 7:41am On Jan 04, 2021
Sheriman:

Go for Dell Inspiron 15 7559 very good laptop that has the features to get your job done

Thanks for your suggestion, man.
Re: Help! My Brand New HP Laptop Has Dealt With Me! Recommend A Durable laptop. by Reddington(m): 7:43am On Jan 04, 2021
mountmoriah:
I have core i7 Intel 2.90ghz

HP Elite book 8970

500 GB hard

8gb ram

Blue tooth

Wireless

N90k

Wow.. Looks like a good deal.. But the fact it's HP is a big drawback for me.. Why are HP laptops so fragile?

1 Like

Re: Help! My Brand New HP Laptop Has Dealt With Me! Recommend A Durable laptop. by mountmoriah(m): 8:00am On Jan 04, 2021
Reddington:

Wow.. Looks like a good deal.. But the fact it's HP is a big drawback for me.. Why are HP laptops so fragile?
Google 8470p elitebook, it is rugged and good syatem , forget fashion get a good system that can serve u
Re: Help! My Brand New HP Laptop Has Dealt With Me! Recommend A Durable laptop. by Honduras01: 9:00am On Jan 04, 2021
Reddington:
Hi, guys, I need a new laptop. I currently use HP Notebook 250 G5 (core i3) which was bought for me brand new by someone roughly 2 yrs ago. I can say the experience hasn't been a smooth one. The laptop started having keyboard issues after 2 months of use despite handling it with utmost carefulness.

Long story short, woke up one morning to discover with bewilderment, a white horizontal line across the screen, this's in addition to the fact that the left arrow key goes haywire & continuously press itself sometimes, making the laptop virtually unusable. This is my first laptop, and I'm absolutely hating the experience. The stereotype is that most HP laptops are fragile, and based on my experience, it'll be very difficult to convince me to believe otherwise. This was a brand new laptop! HP is an insanely popular brand in the world of laptops, but I honestly think they're ridiculously overrated!

* 500GB - 1TB Storage.
* SSD storage
* Mustn't be bulky.

My budget = N250-N300k

Thank you!

Go for Lenovo yoga or Dell. Forget HP, I don't for once like Hp.
Re: Help! My Brand New HP Laptop Has Dealt With Me! Recommend A Durable laptop. by Reddington(m): 9:23am On Jan 04, 2021
Honduras01:

Go for Lenovo yoga or Dell. Forget HP, I don't for once like Hp.

I appreciate your suggestion, man..
I've been doing some Googling on the Yoga series and it seems like a good brand. I personally like Lenovo; they build robust laptops just like Dell..
I'm just confused as to which model exactly to go for..
Re: Help! My Brand New HP Laptop Has Dealt With Me! Recommend A Durable laptop. by Honduras01: 9:27am On Jan 04, 2021
Reddington:

I appreciate your suggestion, man..
I've been doing some Googling on the Yoga series and it seems like a good brand. I personally like Lenovo; they build robust laptops just like Dell..
I'm just confused as to which model exactly to go for..

with that budget of yours, you will get something good. Just keep searching.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Brand New HP Laptop Has Dealt With Me! Recommend A Durable laptop. by meobizy(f): 1:06pm On Jan 04, 2021
Anything Dell is legit robust. I recommend the brand. Nowadays laptops are built to last three years or a little more. People prefer to upgrade without realizing that a ten year old laptop, although a little slow, can handle majority of basic computing tasks.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Brand New HP Laptop Has Dealt With Me! Recommend A Durable laptop. by Reddington(m): 1:41pm On Jan 04, 2021
meobizy:
Anything Dell is legit robust. I recommend the brand. Nowadays laptops are built to last three years or a little more. People prefer to upgrade without realizing that a ten year old laptop, although a little slow, can handle majority of basic computing tasks.

Thanks a lot for your input.

Thoughts on brand new laptops vs 1st grade fairly-used laptops?
Re: Help! My Brand New HP Laptop Has Dealt With Me! Recommend A Durable laptop. by meobizy(f): 6:34pm On Jan 04, 2021
Reddington:

Thanks a lot for your input.

Thoughts on brand new laptops vs 1st grade fairly-used laptops?
They say one can never get lost if they ask questions, so I’ll answer. Of course a brand new laptop is always the best option. Your 300K budget is more than enough to get yourself a decent gaming laptop.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Brand New HP Laptop Has Dealt With Me! Recommend A Durable laptop. by FluxEmpire(m): 11:20pm On Jan 04, 2021
If you won't mind going for this, Sir:

DELL LATITUDE E5470
Corei7 vPro
6th gen
8gb
500gb HDD
Backlight Keyboard
Fingerprint
2gb dedicated nvidia gtx 840 graphics
14”
FHD DISPLAY (Anti-glare)
HDMI & VGA Output
Mint Condition

Re: Help! My Brand New HP Laptop Has Dealt With Me! Recommend A Durable laptop. by FluxEmpire(m): 11:27pm On Jan 04, 2021
Just surfed your conditions over again... The one I sent isn't 15" and neither is it SSD.
Re: Help! My Brand New HP Laptop Has Dealt With Me! Recommend A Durable laptop. by FluxEmpire(m): 11:43pm On Jan 04, 2021
This is also available:

LENOVO FLEX 15 2-IN-1
15.6inch
FHD Display
Core i7
10th Gen
4.9ghz speed
16gb RAM
1tb SSD
Touchscreen
Fingerprint Scanner
2gb Nvidia GeForce Mx230
Usb Type C
Mint condition

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Brand New HP Laptop Has Dealt With Me! Recommend A Durable laptop. by Mickool17: 12:46am On Jan 05, 2021
Razer blade 14 Gaming Laptop: Intel Core i7-7700HQ 4Core, 6gb NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 , 14inch 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Aluminum, Chroma RGB Lighting, Thunderbolt 3

Pristine Condition
Price 310k Comes with laptop and charger
IF INTRESTED CALL OR WHATSAPP 08113449128 it's a premium laptop you can watch reviews on yt
Re: Help! My Brand New HP Laptop Has Dealt With Me! Recommend A Durable laptop. by Reddington(m): 1:45pm On Jan 05, 2021
Mickool17:
Razer blade 14 Gaming Laptop: Intel Core i7-7700HQ 4Core, 6gb NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 , 14inch 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Aluminum, Chroma RGB Lighting, Thunderbolt 3

Pristine Condition
Price 310k Comes with laptop and charger
IF INTRESTED CALL OR WHATSAPP 08113449128 it's a premium laptop you can watch reviews on yt

14inch? Not my thing. Thanks tho for the suggestion.
Re: Help! My Brand New HP Laptop Has Dealt With Me! Recommend A Durable laptop. by aterejr(m): 7:44am On Feb 18, 2021
Have you gotten yet?
Re: Help! My Brand New HP Laptop Has Dealt With Me! Recommend A Durable laptop. by Reddington(m): 12:41pm On Feb 27, 2021
aterejr:
Have you gotten yet?
Sent me a DM?
Re: Help! My Brand New HP Laptop Has Dealt With Me! Recommend A Durable laptop. by Quim2: 1:31pm On Feb 27, 2021
Reddington:

I have been using same HP laptop since 2016. Changed keyboard only once. Hard drive 3 months ago due to age.

HP is the best and parts are the most avaliable.

HP will be my next pc too.

Something isn't right with your pc in particular
Re: Help! My Brand New HP Laptop Has Dealt With Me! Recommend A Durable laptop. by Reddington(m): 2:08pm On Feb 27, 2021
Quim2:

I have been using same HP laptop since 2016. Changed keyboard only once. Hard drive 3 months ago due to age.

HP is the best and parts are the most avaliable.

HP will be my next pc too.

Something isn't right with your pc in particular

Something isn't particularly right with my PC ? Probably.. But I've a thing with first impression, it matters a lot to me.

My first experience with HP is beyond horrible, and this's something I won't be quick to forget; something that may permanently shape my view of the HP brand in general. I mean.... this's a brand new laptop that I unsealed/unboxed myself?!

They say Elite & Pro book series are much more durable. Great. But for now I'm gonna try something different, and Lenovo or Dell would be my destination.

What brand of HP do you use by the way?
Re: Help! My Brand New HP Laptop Has Dealt With Me! Recommend A Durable laptop. by aterejr(m): 2:37pm On Feb 27, 2021
Reddington:
Sent me a DM?
No, I don't have your number.

Mine is on my signature.
I've got one of the latest Lenovo on the market (2021) and some Dell laptops available. You can check my profile.
Re: Help! My Brand New HP Laptop Has Dealt With Me! Recommend A Durable laptop. by Quim2: 5:10pm On Feb 27, 2021
Reddington:

Something isn't particularly right with my PC ? Probably.. But I've a thing with first impression, it matters a lot to me.

My first experience with HP is beyond horrible, and this's something I won't be quick to forget; something that may permanently shape my view of the HP brand in general. I mean.... this's a brand new laptop that I unsealed/unboxed myself?!

They say Elite & Pro book series are much more durable. Great. But for now I'm gonna try something different, and Lenovo or Dell would be my destination.

What brand of HP do you use by the way?

Go for Dell then.
It's the second most popular brand after HP.
Parts are never scarce

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

HP Notebook For Sale / Take the Linux IQ test / 3.72 Psp Downgrade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.