Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,052 members, 7,863,734 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 02:45 AM

FG To Borrow Dormant Account Balances, Unclaimed Dividends - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG To Borrow Dormant Account Balances, Unclaimed Dividends (36238 Views)

CBN Dormant Account Policy Triggers Anxiety In Banking Sector / CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances / Report: Domiciliary Account Balances In Nigeria Estimated At $16 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Borrow Dormant Account Balances, Unclaimed Dividends by Sammyblaq(m): 9:49am On Jan 07, 2021
Nigeria and borrow sef...

For I care, Make una no zuzu borrow my late Papa money wey dey Union bank.

Ndi ara!.
Re: FG To Borrow Dormant Account Balances, Unclaimed Dividends by snowball11(m): 9:49am On Jan 07, 2021
And to think that these confused fools will still be in power the next two years!

What a mess!
Re: FG To Borrow Dormant Account Balances, Unclaimed Dividends by Citi1805(m): 10:16am On Jan 07, 2021
Wetin musa no go see for gate.. E GBA mi ke, govt no borrow us money so na we go come borrow govt money shocked grin this country is a scam.aje!
Re: FG To Borrow Dormant Account Balances, Unclaimed Dividends by grandstar(m): 11:49am On Jan 07, 2021
This move by the CBN seems ominous. It reeks of desperation and may graduate to something worse. What next? Raid dormicillary accounts? This is symptomic of market failure. Can this policy lead to an outflow of forex?

Why not simply allow the market to determine exchange rates?

Omohayek, please your take on this policy will be appreciated
Re: FG To Borrow Dormant Account Balances, Unclaimed Dividends by afemgbosey(m): 11:55am On Jan 07, 2021
post=97793820:

The criminals and thieves you supported for 16 wasted years of looting and corruption borrowed money to pay Salaries and LOOT the rest, even when we made the highest profit in oil revenue in the historyof Nigeria,

And our darling Daddy is borrowing money to build infrastructures that have never been seen in the history of this nation.
Only the willfully blind will not see all the infrastructures being built all over the country.

And you told us not to love, Support and pray for this man, but we should rather support the thieves, looters and criminals y'all support?

We have got to a stage when PMB achievements can no longer be denied but hated.

Shame on the enemies of Nigeria,
Shame on the supporters of looters.

MAY BUHARI SUCCEED.

Amen to all the corrupt thieves among them.
They will never end well.
No matter the party they are....along with the citizens supporting such looters.

Only the good, sane, hardworking Nigerians will say Amen to this.

Enemies of the country will Japan straight......who wan die now ? grin cheesy wink

Say Amen or shut up Asadu tongue

Only the willfully blind will not see all the infrastructures being built all over the country.

Check this out briefly Stan.....

https://www.nairaland.com/6347212/buhari-no-sustainable-development-without#97754360

Why do you like responding to so many comments at once? You take special care in doing that. Take it easy please, we shall all leave this world and face eternity where politics doesn't exist.

On other things, when do we have free taste of your grills?
Re: FG To Borrow Dormant Account Balances, Unclaimed Dividends by banio: 1:42pm On Jan 07, 2021
I am glad that my #10K I dashed ALL STATES TRUST BANK will be borrowed by FG via ECO-BANK.

Anyways it's being a very long time I dashed ECO-BANK the money.
Re: FG To Borrow Dormant Account Balances, Unclaimed Dividends by BeigJawnson(m): 1:43pm On Jan 07, 2021
post=97793820:

The criminals and thieves you supported for 16 wasted years of looting and corruption borrowed money to pay Salaries and LOOT the rest, even when we made the highest profit in oil revenue in the historyof Nigeria,

And our darling Daddy is borrowing money to build infrastructures that have never been seen in the history of this nation.
Only the willfully blind will not see all the infrastructures being built all over the country.

And you told us not to love, Support and pray for this man, but we should rather support the thieves, looters and criminals y'all support?

We have got to a stage when PMB achievements can no longer be denied but hated.

Shame on the enemies of Nigeria,
Shame on the supporters of looters.

MAY BUHARI SUCCEED.

Amen to all the corrupt thieves among them.
They will never end well.
No matter the party they are....along with the citizens supporting such looters.

Only the good, sane, hardworking Nigerians will say Amen to this.

Enemies of the country will Japan straight......who wan die now ? grin cheesy wink

Say Amen or shut up Asadu tongue

Only the willfully blind will not see all the infrastructures being built all over the country.

Check this out briefly Stan.....

https://www.nairaland.com/6347212/buhari-no-sustainable-development-without#97754360

so sorry ooo, buhari ass licker. your eyes never open...

1 Like

Re: FG To Borrow Dormant Account Balances, Unclaimed Dividends by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 07, 2021
you mean steal, are the owners responsible for the mismanagement of the country's resources?
Re: FG To Borrow Dormant Account Balances, Unclaimed Dividends by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jan 07, 2021
snowball11:
And to think that these confused fools will still be in power the next two years!

What a mess!

don't worry just as people went to the capitol, Nigerians will goto aso rock.
Re: FG To Borrow Dormant Account Balances, Unclaimed Dividends by sterlingD(m): 4:25pm On Jan 07, 2021
Wait O. This is getting serious.Na any money wey FG see them want to borrow? Some days back l see somewhere sey them go borrow pension money.

1 Like

Re: FG To Borrow Dormant Account Balances, Unclaimed Dividends by Evidenx(m): 4:29pm On Jan 07, 2021
government don enter street yahoo work.
If you know you know,if you nor know E get why.
Re: FG To Borrow Dormant Account Balances, Unclaimed Dividends by AnonymousCEO(m): 7:26pm On Jan 07, 2021
Na to convert all my money sharp sharp to bitcoin remain!
Re: FG To Borrow Dormant Account Balances, Unclaimed Dividends by AnonymousCEO(m): 7:29pm On Jan 07, 2021
Lanretoye:
they have borrowed part of china's future to the point that they can't get loan from there again...small time now if dem see excess money for person pocket,dem go borrow am.
na to convert all my money to bitcoin sharp sharp na im remain!
Re: FG To Borrow Dormant Account Balances, Unclaimed Dividends by omohayek: 8:59pm On Jan 07, 2021
grandstar:
This move by the CBN seems ominous. It reeks of desperation and may graduate to something worse. What next? Raid dormicillary accounts? This is symptomic of market failure. Can this policy lead to an outflow of forex?

Why not simply allow the market to determine exchange rates?

Omohayek, please your take on this policy will be appreciated
I guess it won't surprise anyone to hear me say that this is yet another brazen attack on private property, which will lead to precisely the sort of consequence you mentioned. Why would anybody with a choice leave their funds in a country where such things are possible, when there is no shortage of more welcoming alternatives available?

Back when Buhari re-appointed Emefiele for another term, I warned all those celebrating this as a victory for their "brother" that it was nothing to be happy about, seeing as all it meant was that one arrogant incompetent (Buhari) was rewarding another incompetent (Emefiele) for spinelessly doing his ignorant bidding. Neither of these men would be where they are if not for millions of their "kinsmen" and "brothers" treating high office as if it were merely a matter of identity politics, and now every single Nigerian must live with the consequences in year after year of economic decline and escalating insecurity.
Re: FG To Borrow Dormant Account Balances, Unclaimed Dividends by Tekrify(m): 9:10pm On Jan 07, 2021
Let me help him..GEJ commissioned not a single capital projects...Bubu will commission 2 rail lines and the one GEJ did . international airport terminals around the country, Lagos Ibadan road...plus the 2nd Niger bridge by 2022
nonstan:

Please I love when one talks with facts, Kindly list out all the infrastructure done by Buhari vis Avis the one done by Jonathan
Re: FG To Borrow Dormant Account Balances, Unclaimed Dividends by Tekrify(m): 9:18pm On Jan 07, 2021
Read the entire article...
If not a single transaction which includes transfer, withdraw or deposit doesn't enter the account in 6 years then the money will be borrowed....
Obviously..why should anyone have an account for 6 years and no single transaction...such a person must have died and the kids probably not aware or so...
So why should the money just be sitting down there

My consign sef is borrow for what exactly...
The story isn't complete..
Although many of the loans this government borrowed can be accounted for to some certain level...
The rail project and pipeline are some examples sha...

justmondris:
Nigeria is a lawless country. How can you borrow money from someone's account without his approval. If Nigeria Banks should allow this stealing, they should be sued. No body has the right to debit or collect money from your bank account without your approval. They should go and borrow money from all the hidden places they kept our stolen money. What a shameful act by the this clueless government.
Re: FG To Borrow Dormant Account Balances, Unclaimed Dividends by grandstar(m): 10:09pm On Jan 07, 2021
omohayek:

I guess it won't surprise anyone to hear me say that this is yet another brazen attack on private property, which will lead to precisely the sort of consequence you mentioned. Why would anybody with a choice leave their funds in a country where such things are possible, when there is no shortage of more welcoming alternatives available?

Back when Buhari re-appointed Emefiele for another term, I warned all those celebrating this as a victory for their "brother" that it was nothing to be happy about, seeing as all it meant was that one arrogant incompetent (Buhari) was rewarding another incompetent (Emefiele) for spinelessly doing his ignorant bidding. Neither of these men would be where they are if not for millions of their "kinsmen" and "brothers" treating high office as if it were merely a matter of identity politics, and now every single Nigerian must live with the consequences in year after year of economic decline and escalating insecurity.

Well said. Thanks
Re: FG To Borrow Dormant Account Balances, Unclaimed Dividends by alloy123: 11:05pm On Jan 07, 2021
make dem borrow from my late grandpa account whom they refused to pay him his 2nd world war money grin grin grin grin grin
Re: FG To Borrow Dormant Account Balances, Unclaimed Dividends by mrnelsono(m): 5:22am On Jan 09, 2021
can this money really be available when the owners need it
Re: FG To Borrow Dormant Account Balances, Unclaimed Dividends by VickyRotex(f): 12:50am On Jan 10, 2021
ajepako:
Including enemyofprogress/enemyofpeace/babangbali/iyangbali entire life saving of N267:12kobo?

O maa se oo

Why is this government wicked like dis?

Vickyrotex, Funjosh: Una know any Baba alajo dia?

So he can hide his entaya life saving from gofment

grin grin grin

Bwahahahaha cheesy cheesy

Imagine. Government no try o cry We don find one baba alajo for am grin grin cheesy

Happy Sunday big sis kiss kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Borrow Dormant Account Balances, Unclaimed Dividends by Funjosh(m): 4:29pm On Jan 10, 2021
ajepako:
Including enemyofprogress/enemyofpeace/babangbali/iyangbali entire life saving of N267:12kobo?

O maa se oo

grin grin grin

267 ke, I can't believe this. He is a big guy o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Borrow Dormant Account Balances, Unclaimed Dividends by IYANGBALI: 5:50pm On Jan 10, 2021
VickyRotex:

Imagine. Government no try o cry We don find one baba alajo for am grin grin cheesy

shiooor!
Re: FG To Borrow Dormant Account Balances, Unclaimed Dividends by IYANGBALI: 5:51pm On Jan 10, 2021
Funjosh:

267 ke, I can't believe this. He is a big guy o
that is 267 million in my fixed account
Re: FG To Borrow Dormant Account Balances, Unclaimed Dividends by becky39000(m): 3:06pm On Jan 22, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

Do you have funds you left dormant in an account for 6 years?

Who will earn legitimate income and leave it untouched in an account for 6 years ?

Even the sick will withdraw from it to cater to their health.

Vaughanlanrewaj:
Do you have funds you left dormant in an account for 6 years?

Did I inform U I had funds left in an account for any number of years? Obviously Not

Vaughanlanrewaj:
Who will earn legitimate income and leave it untouched in an account for 6 years ?

A stupid question U should first ask urself!

Vaughanlanrewaj:
Even the sick will withdraw from it to cater to their health.

You are obviously the sick person here.
Asking stupid & senseless questions over a simple post.
Learn to think before U talk & try to stop reasoning like a deranged dullard angry
Re: FG To Borrow Dormant Account Balances, Unclaimed Dividends by Enemyofpeace: 8:29pm On Jun 10, 2021
ajepako:

O maa se oo

grin grin grin
see as I dey look you.

I’m back from nairaland prison, now I’m ready for all of you. From now hens fought it is going to be fire for fire, no more dulling

Cc: Domanique, fatymore, funkebabee, bola146, AntiApc2023, seunmohmoh1, folake4u, mummyfour and mynd44 that maltreated me and violated my human write inside nairaland prison

Re: FG To Borrow Dormant Account Balances, Unclaimed Dividends by Enemyofpeace: 8:30pm On Jun 10, 2021
VickyRotex:

I pray make my talk no kee you
Re: FG To Borrow Dormant Account Balances, Unclaimed Dividends by Nicargo: 10:23pm On Jun 10, 2021
Make them no try touch my First Bank account o, I still remember, Nah 1000 dey there....
Re: FG To Borrow Dormant Account Balances, Unclaimed Dividends by Ebenezer2021(m): 1:08am On Jun 13, 2021
Enemyofpeace:
see as I dey look you.

I’m back from nairaland prison, now I’m ready for all of you. From now hens fought it is going to be fire for fire, no more dulling

Cc: Domanique, fatymore, funkebabee, bola146, AntiApc2023, seunmohmoh1, folake4u, mummyfour and mynd44 that maltreated me and violated my human write inside nairaland prison
do you have any idea if that ajepako is married?
I get feelings for her
Re: FG To Borrow Dormant Account Balances, Unclaimed Dividends by VickyRotex(f): 5:00pm On Jun 19, 2021
Enemyofpeace:
see as I dey look you.

Bwahahaha
Wo ma fomilori pelu English jare. angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Gowon Estate Lagos Market Fire Destroys Properties Worth Millions (Photos) / New Style Of Shoplifting, Shop Owners Beware! / Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.