Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,601 members, 7,823,610 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival (40379 Views)

Anambra Masquerade Burnt to Death During Cultural Festival / Indigenous Ogbona People In Edo State Celebrate New Yam Festival "Esi" / Igbos Of Bioko, Equatorial Guinea - A Forgotten Minority Tribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by ElValiente(m): 1:16pm On Jan 07, 2021
Wherever you found yourself. Never forget your root and your culture. Igbo Amaka. From afonja guy.

3 Likes

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by BastardWike: 1:18pm On Jan 07, 2021
wink2015:

what are the 5 states of the Niger delta region the Igbos can be found?

If you don't know them already then you're not informed. They're Delta, Edo, Rivers, Cross River, Akwa Ibom and I even heard Bayelsa too (though unconfirmed yet).
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by Norwichsailor(m): 1:19pm On Jan 07, 2021
Ngorbungor:

I beg, how many million is akwa Ibom as a whole?
About 6 to 7 million.
With twice as many citizens living outside the state.
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by Hapuruchukwu(m): 1:22pm On Jan 07, 2021
Meanwhile some idiots will be busy limiting Igbo to only 5 southeast states or whatever rubbish they call that. Thank God for events like this. Thank God that after 50years, this people have not been confused to deny their being Igbo like some of the illiterates in Delta, Rivers et all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by Legendforte: 1:37pm On Jan 07, 2021
Bravo!.. The tropical region of the most versatile men on earth. Long live the great IGBO Nation.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by ariesbull: 1:59pm On Jan 07, 2021
seanwiIliam:
Arochukwu, Ikwuano, Umuahia and Aba even extending up to Ngwa land are all Akwa ibom territories and we the Ibibios will soon get our land back from you.
Those lands igbos claimed from us during the Aro/Ibibio war.
Don't argue please
how of I may ask ..
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by Nigercity: 2:12pm On Jan 07, 2021
seanwiIliam:
Arochukwu, Ikwuano, Umuahia and Aba even extending up to Ngwa land are all Akwa ibom territories and we the Ibibios will soon get our land back from you.
Don't argue please
Lolz
U really cracked my limps
U must be a joker

What concern aro/ibibio war with umuahia and ikwuano
Ibibios can only be found in Abia as small small village under some wards in Obingwa, ikwuano, (not umuahia at all)
And for arochukwu read your history well
Cos the last time I checked
It's called Aro oke Igbo (hope you know what that means) the created many towns in south east (even in Rivers State) and the sees them selves as the original Igbos more than any other, so just because the ruled and created part of ibibio then, and a little rural settlement falls under present day Arochukwu l.G.A doesn't make them Ibibios (people the ruled)
(Infact don't let an Aro man catch you saying this)
They are Arochukwu not Aroabasi (the name alone self)
As for umuahia, umuahia has no connection with ibibio
Always say what you know
Or Google search, b4 posting

5 Likes

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by DimIsaac10(m): 2:19pm On Jan 07, 2021
mabea:
Don't be foolish.akwaibom was created in 1991 or so now, do you want to tell me that those Igbos who through State creation found themselves in Akwaibom will cease to be Igbos simply because they are now akwaibomites not minding that there's every possibility of another state creation tomorrow which may see them becoming a different state from Akwaibom. That you are in a particular State does not change who you are neither does it change your ancestry.
You started very foolish my friend calling me foolish but after reading your short piece I realized how wise you could be if you do without starting your response with insult.
I am not against being IBO or not.. My own stance is
1. Anywhere you have been craft to belong during state creation honour it with good faith and contribute to the development of such faith.
2. See yourself as part of that state.
3. Don't let us be digging up ethnical issues... You like it or not, IBO will be IBO , Hausa will be Hausa etc We are so used to it in this part of the world, let's take for instance if in an Hausa community an Hausa man discover something that will benefit the society, that's when we realise that he is an Hausa man and not from the state bla bla bla..
Sha I salute you.
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by 99thEnemy(m): 2:29pm On Jan 07, 2021
shiki:
cheesy Inviting Benue to biafra

They are NOT Officially part of Benue state.

And are not indigenous to Benue, they are encroachers who ended up in the part of Benue that belongs to the Idomas'
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by 99thEnemy(m): 2:40pm On Jan 07, 2021
harmony75:
great so they're igbos in Benue!��� 2face idibia tribe too!

2Face is Idoma
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by DannyG8(m): 2:42pm On Jan 07, 2021
Ngorbungor:

Please what is so important in that Fulani ravaged good for nothing state of Benue that we the Igbos will be praying to have?
then why are you celebrating over some grow of people who just decide to call themselves Igbo

I can feel it
Igbos want to part of benue state
God bless benue state
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 07, 2021
Toktee:
I never said anyone want to take Benue, nobody can dare, ask the Fulani terrorist called Usman Dan fodio who tried in vain.

I said everyone want Benue.

As for where I came from, where else do you think?

What is benue? A creation of someone else. Pls take away that ignorance from here.

Benue is made up of IGBOS, Tiv, Idoma, etc. Igbos dont give a damn about other tribes in benue, we are simply interested in our igbo brothers there. Benue is useless to us, poses no advantage

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 07, 2021
Amorprincesa24:
They are not Igbos. Their language is so different and they bear Benin names. E.g Osagie etc

Their language is IGBO and they bear IGBO names. That u met any of them that has a bini name does not in anyway mean they have stopped being igbo
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 07, 2021
shizzle1:
nwanne some arguements are grossly unneccesary. The fact remains that there are intermixture of igbos and akwa-cross people in boundary locations in Abia, akwa ibom and C/R

Dont argue this futher biko

List dem
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 07, 2021
DimIsaac10:

I give up. You win.

U have nothing to say
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by mekysmart123: 3:01pm On Jan 07, 2021
seanwiIliam:
Don't argue please
Quit dreaming. Igbos once inhabited Idah, before some migrants from Wukari displaced them. The past is gone, and time has changed. You cannot claim anything since you don't have any deed to the land.
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by Toktee(m): 3:23pm On Jan 07, 2021
Logan23:

What is benue? A creation of someone else. Pls take away that ignorance from here.

Benue is made up of IGBOS, Tiv, Idoma, etc. Igbos dont give a damn about other tribes in benue, we are simply interested in our igbo brothers there. Benue is useless to us, poses no advantage
I don't argue with kids go ask your elders what happened during biafra war.
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by Amorprincesa24: 4:01pm On Jan 07, 2021
Lol
Logan23:

Their language is IGBO and they bear IGBO names. That u met any of them that has a bini name does not in anyway mean they have stopped being igbo
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by DHaran: 5:07pm On Jan 07, 2021
Their plans to take obigbo in rivers state did not work now they want to extend their plans to benue so as to promote igbo into benues afairs of poltices......abeg all this igbos make una go sit down it wont work.leave benue for benue people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by Ekealterego: 6:18pm On Jan 07, 2021
DHaran:
Their plans to take obigbo in rivers state did not work now they want to extend their plans to benue so as to promote igbo into benues afairs of poltices......abeg all this igbos make una go sit down it wont work.leave benue for benue people
I believe many of you are not so bright. You said Igbo wants to claim a place and people called "Obigbo" (which interprets as "The heart/Soul of Igbo"wink

Please, read this again and then examine your brain.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by Ngorbungor(m): 6:35pm On Jan 07, 2021
DannyG8:
then why are you celebrating over some grow of people who just decide to call themselves Igbo

I can feel it
Igbos want to part of benue state
God bless benue state

We already have Igbos in some part of Benue as this post is concerned, so what is the big deal? Oga if you don't know God is actually punishing that state.
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by winterfell007(m): 6:38pm On Jan 07, 2021
SaintBishop:
Who are the igbos in Rivers state ?

The ikwerres..
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jan 07, 2021
Toktee:

U are being stupid unnecessarily, focus on facts of the discussion and stop dragging in civil war I to this matter.

IGBOS carved into benue from Enugu and Ebonyi is all we are interested in, we dont care about What Tiv and Idoma does with their lives, we bloody dont care.

1 Like

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by Rikkely: 6:53pm On Jan 07, 2021
Toktee:

why do you people always bring this Biafra war into conversation whenever Igbo matter is been discussed? i am an Igbo person but i don't have time for Kanu and Biafra agenda but this type of words can make many other Igbos to support KANU

you think you can scare Igbos with Biafra war? you must be very stupid, i do not reside in Nigeria, let me tell you if there's war against Igbos today i will be in Nigeria to fight, my best friends are yorubas , stop using that word ... do you know what happened during biafra war

3 Likes

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by vicenzo(m): 7:22pm On Jan 07, 2021
shizzle1:
there are minute populations of igbos in akwa ibom and C/R states. Similarly their is a minute population of akwaibomites and C/riverians in abia state especially in the boundary areas

Cc:ariesbull

There are no akwaibom tribe in Abia state. Unless you are speaking of the one village called Item mba uzo who have fully assimilated as Igbos eons ago and speak Igbo as mother tongue now.

1 Like

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by Toktee(m): 7:32pm On Jan 07, 2021
Rikkely:

why do you people always bring this Biafra war into conversation whenever Igbo matter is been discussed? i am an Igbo person but i don't have time for Kanu and Biafra agenda but this type of words can make many other Igbos to support KANU

you think you can scare Igbos with Biafra war? you must be very stupid, i do not reside in Nigeria, let me tell you if there's war against Igbos today i will be in Nigeria to fight, my best friends are yorubas , stop using that word ... do you know what happened during biafra war

Look at you, you told me how Benue is not important and now you are swimming in pain when confronted with a painful truth.

Next time do a research before posing a question.
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by Toktee(m): 7:34pm On Jan 07, 2021
Logan23:

U are being stupid unnecessarily, focus on facts of the discussion and stop dragging in civil war I to this matter.

IGBOS carved into benue from Enugu and Ebonyi is all we are interested in, we dont care about What Tiv and Idoma does with their lives, we bloody dont care.
Next time do not attempt to malign a group of people with a stupid question.
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jan 07, 2021
Toktee:
Next time do not attempt to malign a group of people with a stupid question.

I never asked u any question oga, be quiet abeg. IGBOS indigenous to benue is our only concern

Simple
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by Toktee(m): 7:42pm On Jan 07, 2021
Logan23:

I never asked u any question oga, be quiet abeg. IGBOS indigenous to benue is our only concern

Simple
You should have read your brother's outburst before joining the fight like Aboki people.

Your brother insulted the entire Benue land of which to me is unforgivable.

sorry though.
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by Rikkely: 7:46pm On Jan 07, 2021
Toktee:
Look at you, you told me how Benue is not important and now you are swimming in pain when confronted with a painful truth.

Next time do a research before posing a question.

nobody is swimming in pain rather than you and what's painful truth about your stupid post? go and scare your tribe with war not igbos

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by Toktee(m): 8:07pm On Jan 07, 2021
[quote author=Rikkely post=97825204]Common quote you don't know.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence? / The Ooni Of Ife Wearing The Aare Crown As He Parades The Ancient Ife Town / King Onwa 'Eze Awo' Disgraced For Insulting Imo King Online. Photos/Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.