Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Police To Arraign Deeper Life School Officials Over Alleged Sexual Abuse - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Police To Arraign Deeper Life School Officials Over Alleged Sexual Abuse (455 Views)

Don Davis: How I Was Sexual Abused In Deeper Life School By Senior Students / Don Davis' Parents Demand N100m Compensation From Deeper Life School, Uyo / Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police To Arraign Deeper Life School Officials Over Alleged Sexual Abuse by Marvellously2Me: 9:22am On Jan 07, 2021
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/435096-breaking-police-to-arraign-deeper-life-school-officials-over-alleged-sexual-abuse.html

The police in Akwa Ibom State are preparing to arraign some officials of the Deeper Life High School over the alleged sexual abuse of an 11-year-old student of the school in Uyo.

Some officials of the school were said to have been detained after attending a meeting at the police headquarters, Uyo, summoned by the Commissioner of Police, Andrew Amiengheme, PREMIUM TIMES learnt.

David Okokon, lawyer to the parents of the boy said to have been sexually abused by two senior students of the Deeper Life High School, told PREMIUM TIMES, Wednesday morning, he would be in court today for the arraignment.

“They (the police) are arraigning those people found culpable, this morning,” said Mr Okokon who flew into Uyo from Abuja for the case.

It is unclear for now how the police carried out their investigations, the extent of individuals’ culpability and what charges the police would file against the suspects.

The police spokesperson in the state, Odiko MacDon confirmed to PREMIUM TIMES, Wednesday morning, the police were preparing to arraign “those found culpable”.

Mr MacDon, a superintendent of police, also confirmed the arrest and detention of some of the school officials.

“This morning, we are trying to tidy up (investigation), we are dotting our i’s and crossing our t’s,” Mr MacDon said. “If we are not through this morning, they will be arraigned tomorrow.”

PREMIUM TIMES could not immediately reach the Deeper Life High School for their comments. 

Allegations

The victim’s mother, Deborah Archibong, said some senior students of the Deeper Life High School sexually abused her son when the school authorities switched him from his dormitory to another dormitory filled with senior students.

“They will remove his boxer and push their legs and hands into his anus,” Mrs Archibong said in a video which has gone viral on Facebook and Twitter.

“Look at a child I sent to school, he came back with a broken anus,” she added.

Mrs Archibong said her son was frequently starved and beaten up by the senior students.

The Deeper Life High School is owned by a Pentecostal church, The Deeper Christian Life Ministry.

The school trended on Twitter a few days ago over the case, with several Nigerians calling on William Kumuyi, a pastor and founder of The Deeper Christian Life Ministry, to ensure that the victim gets justice.

“We will like to state that Deeper Life High School stands on the core values of integrity and uprightness and will not attempt to cover up any immoral act under any guise,” Thelma Malaka, the school’s education secretary, who spoke through a video uploaded on Twitter, said of the sexual abuse allegation.

“We have unflinching confidence in our God to resolve the issue such that at the end the truth will ultimately prevail,” she said.

The school suspended the principal of the embattled Uyo campus and launched an investigation.
Re: Police To Arraign Deeper Life School Officials Over Alleged Sexual Abuse by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:27am On Jan 07, 2021
Long overdue

These things happens in boarding schools

I hope this serves as a deterrent to bullies and wicked house masters

Even school management that would collect hefty amount but feed kids like prisoners

Nigerians are watching!!!
Re: Police To Arraign Deeper Life School Officials Over Alleged Sexual Abuse by Marvellously2Me: 9:29am On Jan 07, 2021
The school must pay 100 million to mend the broken ass
Re: Police To Arraign Deeper Life School Officials Over Alleged Sexual Abuse by JaneYave(f): 9:53am On Jan 07, 2021
Badness, life business can turn risky ooo.Kai, if only they let go of pride and calmed the woman down. Every school head should learn from this; do what's best when you are to manage a school and humans, get close to the students to know what they are going through. If you fail, the authorities will disown you. You will be on your own entirely.. That's how selfish it will be !
Re: Police To Arraign Deeper Life School Officials Over Alleged Sexual Abuse by paulolee(m): 10:37am On Jan 07, 2021
leave this "deeper life" out of this story and make him face the law and do time if found guilty..
stop making it seems asif the church sent him to do the crime if he us guilty..
deeper life cant defend all of its workers and even Jeseus had a judas..

1 Like

Re: Police To Arraign Deeper Life School Officials Over Alleged Sexual Abuse by Marvellously2Me: 11:05am On Jan 07, 2021
JaneYave:
Badness, life business can turn risky ooo.Kai, if only they let go of pride and calmed the woman down. Every school head should learn from this; do what's best when you are to manage a school and humans, get close to the students to know what they are going through. If you fail, the authorities will disown you. You will be on your own entirely.. That's how selfish it will be !
Pride you say? the woman has a motive which is driving her, no matter the plea she wouldn't be pacified, the state "superintendent" of the church, an old man went to the hospital according to her and knelt down for her to let them resolve the case amicably according to Deborah Okezie herself but she was unappeased, her motive was to drag, the school, the church and pastor kumuyi into mess, but she failed, the school was separated from the suspects, they were not acting according to the dictate of the school, the woman aim to receive at least #30 million from the school before her lawyers raised it to 100 million but from the look of things she might not get more than #500k, thanks to pastor kumuyi's quiet observation and discreetness, even if some of the accused are convicted of starving the boy, her wailing and Lamentations will never end until she get #30 million, watch and see.
Re: Police To Arraign Deeper Life School Officials Over Alleged Sexual Abuse by edoairways: 2:50pm On Jan 07, 2021
Marvellously2Me:
Pride you say? the woman has a motive which is driving her, no matter the plea she wouldn't be pacified, the state "superintendent" of the church, an old man went to the hospital according to her and knelt down for her to let them resolve the case amicably according to Deborah Okezie herself but she was unappeased, her motive was to drag, the school, the church and pastor kumuyi into mess, but she failed, the school was separated from the suspects, they were not acting according to the dictate of the school, the woman aim to receive at least #30 million from the school before her lawyers raised it to 100 million but from the look of things she might not get more than #500k, thanks to pastor kumuyi's quiet observation and discreetness, even if some of the accused are convicted of starving the boy, her wailing and Lamentations will never end until she get #30 million, watch and see.
Stop this lie. I hate when people tell lies especially from deeper lifer. Didn't you watch where she said that after the meeting, the school officials told a different story on radio station?. tongue

1 Like

Re: Police To Arraign Deeper Life School Officials Over Alleged Sexual Abuse by Marvellously2Me: 5:39pm On Jan 07, 2021
edoairways:

Stop this lie. I hate when people tell lies especially from deeper lifer. Didn't you watch where she said that after the meeting, the school officials told a different story on radio station?. tongue
Well that is what you think but first, can you please help with the radio station, date and time, I work by evidence, I heard about the radio claim but no one have been able to actually give any evidence on it. please help me with that information.
Re: Police To Arraign Deeper Life School Officials Over Alleged Sexual Abuse by edoairways: 5:43pm On Jan 07, 2021
Marvellously2Me:
Well that is what you think but first, can you please help with the radio station, date and time, I work by evidence, I heard about the radio claim but no one have been able to actually give any evidence on it. please help me with that information.
. If only you had listened to her plight from day one, you would have been objective rather concluding that she is up to something. You can message on Facebook to know the FM radio at Uyo
Re: Police To Arraign Deeper Life School Officials Over Alleged Sexual Abuse by Marvellously2Me: 5:57pm On Jan 07, 2021
edoairways:

. If only you had listened to her plight from day one, you would have been objective rather concluding that she is up to something. You can message on Facebook to know the FM radio at Uyo
I have some of her videos on my phone and I listen and watch all her videos on FB since the incident. But all I want is the evidence of the school going on radio to disparage her, please I need that first, I think it should start from there, just the radio station, date and time.
Re: Police To Arraign Deeper Life School Officials Over Alleged Sexual Abuse by IamAsiri: 6:05pm On Jan 07, 2021
edoairways:

Can't you see that he's one of their sympathisers? He has never been objective from day one. I do not approve of posting threads and responding to everyone one by one (shows you have a motive). Imagine making a sarcastic comment that they will use 100 million to repair a broken ass. I pray it doesn't happen to your children.

Honestly, you should have been objective. God fights for His people. Uzziah tried to help God and...
Re: Police To Arraign Deeper Life School Officials Over Alleged Sexual Abuse by edoairways: 6:29pm On Jan 07, 2021
Marvellously2Me:
I have some of her videos on my phone and I listen and watch all her videos on FB since the incident. But all I want is the evidence of the school going on radio to disparage her, please I need that first, I think it should start from there, just the radio station, date and time.
Mr lawyer or na journalist, ask her on Facebook as she will give you
Re: Police To Arraign Deeper Life School Officials Over Alleged Sexual Abuse by Marvellously2Me: 7:22pm On Jan 07, 2021
edoairways:

Mr lawyer or na journalist, ask her on Facebook as she will give you
That means you intentionally believe what you want to believe even if it has no evidence and unreasonable, you are neither fair nor just, you are presumptuous and naive
Re: Police To Arraign Deeper Life School Officials Over Alleged Sexual Abuse by edoairways: 7:38pm On Jan 07, 2021
Marvellously2Me:
That means you intentionally believe what you want to believe even if it has no evidence and unreasonable, you are neither fair nor just, you are presumptuous and naive
Did I say I believe her? She allegedly said that deeper life high school officials went to a radio station to give false report. Deeper life hasn't denied that so what do you expect?
Re: Police To Arraign Deeper Life School Officials Over Alleged Sexual Abuse by edoairways: 7:42pm On Jan 07, 2021
Marvellously2Me:
Pídale al moderador que mueva el hilo a esa sección
Re: Police To Arraign Deeper Life School Officials Over Alleged Sexual Abuse by Marvellously2Me: 7:52pm On Jan 07, 2021
edoairways:

Did I say I believe her? She allegedly said that deeper life high school officials went to a radio station to give false report. Deeper life hasn't denied that so what do you expect?
You said it as if whatever she says is correct and irrefutable, there is no evidence I could get that the principal went on live radio station, that is why I am looking for such evidence, I work with evidence and mind you deeper life school have not publicly refuted any of her claims despite there are inconsistencies and irregularities.
Re: Police To Arraign Deeper Life School Officials Over Alleged Sexual Abuse by edoairways: 8:00pm On Jan 07, 2021
Marvellously2Me:
You said it as if whatever she says is correct and irrefutable, there is no evidence I could get that the principal went on live radio station, that is why I am looking for such evidence, I work with evidence and mind you deeper life school have not publicly refuted any of her claims despite there are inconsistencies and irregularities.
But I ask you to ask the victim, is that too difficult to do?
Re: Police To Arraign Deeper Life School Officials Over Alleged Sexual Abuse by Marvellously2Me: 8:06pm On Jan 07, 2021
edoairways:

But I ask you to ask the victim, is that too difficult to do?
She blocks anyone that want to verify her claims
Re: Police To Arraign Deeper Life School Officials Over Alleged Sexual Abuse by edoairways: 8:48pm On Jan 07, 2021
Marvellously2Me:
She blocks anyone that want to verify her claims
Probably because the press are twisting fact. She has been responding to messages on her Facebook page. When next she come online,ask her
Re: Police To Arraign Deeper Life School Officials Over Alleged Sexual Abuse by Marvellously2Me: 9:16pm On Jan 07, 2021
edoairways:

Probably because the press are twisting fact. She has been responding to messages on her Facebook page. When next she come online,ask her
She blocked me when I asked if she has enough evidence to prove that her child was sexually abused and had a broken anus or she added that one to gain public sympathy, that sympathy doesn't win court cases evidences does.
Re: Police To Arraign Deeper Life School Officials Over Alleged Sexual Abuse by VictorUSA(m): 9:37pm On Jan 07, 2021
My ex is a deeper life member.i don't know how she'll feel if she hear this ?
Re: Police To Arraign Deeper Life School Officials Over Alleged Sexual Abuse by edoairways: 11:14pm On Jan 07, 2021
Marvellously2Me:
She blocked me when I asked if she has enough evidence to prove that her child was sexually abused and had a broken anus or she added that one to gain public sympathy, that sympathy doesn't win court cases evidences does.
She block you because of your attitude not because you wanted fact. Anyway the case is in court
Re: Police To Arraign Deeper Life School Officials Over Alleged Sexual Abuse by JaneYave(f): 2:39pm On Jan 08, 2021
Marvellously2Me:
following keenly.

(1) (Reply)

Here Are The Recent Ways You Could Be Scammed On Whatsapp / A Guide To Waterproofing Your Basement Effectively / Best UK Universities For Computer Science And IT Degrees (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.