Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,652 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (934) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1647208 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (931) (932) (933) (934) (935) (936) (937) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Systrom(m): 11:26pm On May 24, 2022
Abraham001:
$35k and no funding
how many years is the program ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 11:56pm On May 24, 2022
Tirinng:
Good morning house, I have a question please.

Moshkom, Ummzayd or any helping individual

What's the possibility of starting a visa process in July and seeing dates plus getting approval for an August/September start date?

I am still waiting on funding decisions which might come in Late June.

It's possible if you keep up with regular searching for dates

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 11:56pm On May 24, 2022
opamilerinayo:
Hi UmmZayd,

I've been trying to send you a mail.

I'd like you to peruse my proposed transcript, please.

Thank you.

I've responded. Will go through and provide feedback

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 12:01am On May 25, 2022
chibertha:
there are a lot of jobs you can do legally during summer,
some are on campus
some off campus (these might need you to register as a course as an internship to get it approved so that you can do 40hrs and overtime if need be NOTE thats if your course is eligible for CPT only)

After 40hrs, can overtime be added to CPT?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by olumizzy1: 12:13am On May 25, 2022
Please add me on whatsaap 08184984144

quote author=Siimii post=113141081]Please add me on the WhatsApp group too 09064889289[/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Blessedboy01: 12:34am On May 25, 2022
[quote author=Sunnyhillsfarms post=113129304]University of Wyoming ..
Anyone?[/quotet]

Yes I am going to University of Wyoming.

Haven't got date.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Donfide(m): 12:40am On May 25, 2022
F1 Visa Approved.
Venue : Abuja.
Date: 23rd May , 2022.
Course: Corporate law,Commercial law and trade.
School: University of _______.
Funding: $33,000.
Deficit: 21,824.

My interview was just God showing his mercy and presence. I was very tensed prior to the interview. When I was in the queue, what was going through my mind was "I cannot travel all the way from my state to Abuja to collect coloured paper and go back". Whenever I see an interviewee coming out with a Green paper(rejected). My heart will start palpitating vehemently. I started singing 'Too faithful by Moses Bliss' to calm my mind. I was almost taken to the white man in window 9 who basically was in the business of denying people Visa before window 11 became free. (A beautiful American lady)

VO: Good morning. Pass me your documents (Whilst looking at me directly).
Me: Good morning. (Trying to sound confident and calm while passing the documents).
VO: Have you left Nigeria before?
Me: No ma, I haven't had a reason to leave Nigeria.
VO: (Conducts biometrics for me).
VO: What will this course do for you?
Me: Yes, I ...(rampages through my brain to get the answer). Asides the fact that I intend to establish my own corporate law firm in future and also have my master's degree in the course, I am currently working in the law firm of _____ at _____ , and the law firm intends to establish another corporate branch at ___ for which I have been singled out amongst others to head the department (She nods), therefore, I require and need every existing knowledge available in order for me to weather the challenges of the corporate world.
Having a master's degree will also at a geometric rate enhance my Curriculum vitae.
VO: There will be a promotion right?
Me: Sorry, I didn't hear you.
VO: promotion right? After the masters ?
Me: oh yes of course! Will be promoted to a Senior associate. (she smiles and nods)
VO: I went to this university, I am also a lawyer(points at my university on my I-20 and I know a brilliant professor there. (My tension reduced immediately and I tried to strike a conversation, "what's his name ma?". She says she doesn't remember but the prof doesn't work there anymore".
Vo: So I can see you have a funding of $33,000 , who will cover the rest?
Me: My uncle Mr.______,
VO: what does he do?
Me: He is into ____ and ____ and ____.
VO: okay I will be granting your visa, take this white paper which will serve as a etc. (didn't hear the rest).
(I took the white paper and smiled my way out through my face masks, from the building).

Tips:
-Get a good course in a good university that matches your degree.
-Prepare well! Believe your answers.
- Be confident while answering your questions, what did I say? Be confident, be almost loud , but not loud, i.e speak out! Soro soke o! If not, they might deny you with that bedroom voice you came with.
-Finally, pray very well! You may sing to calm your nerves.
Goodluck!! ✨.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Blessedboy01: 12:56am On May 25, 2022
Pls somebody should add me to the Abuja group oh, biko. I need date.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rockynancy: 1:28am On May 25, 2022
Someone should add me to the Abuja group pls it's urgent 08062620336
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LastProphet: 3:55am On May 25, 2022
Moshkom:

Oh! Sorry for the denial bro.

I won’t lie, You failed in preparation. I doubt you did proper mock(s) before the interview.

You really have to act up towards your next application.

Maybe;

- Change school to one with low Cost of Attendance.
Check out TRUMAN STATE UNI, they automatically gives 10k to international students and their COA is ‘just’ 28k. Minus the 10k, your sponsor would now have ‘just’ 18k to cover has deficit

- Do proper prep talks, mock and know-how before you next visa interview, with someone that is more knowledgeable in this field.

- Your Parent should be your best sponsor in the Undergraduate path. If they can’t in this ‘primary level’ of yours, then try to convince the VO why your uncle is taking their position.

PS: In MOSHKOM’s words “Dem no dey rush go embassy oh”.
Because this one you are already calculating your SEVIS payment expiring date against your next possible interview date ehn, calm down oh.

- Don’t forget NOT to apply to COMMUNITY COLLEGE.
- Don’t forget to apply at the right age range.

Good luck Young Champ!!!

Pls bros if you can say a little more on the age range thing, thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Teeswift(m): 3:58am On May 25, 2022
That's grace right there! Congratulations bro!
Donfide:
F1 Visa Approved.
Venue : Abuja.
Date: 23rd May , 2022.
Course: Corporate law, Commercial law and Trade.
School: University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign.
Funding: $33,000.
Deficit: 21,824.

My interview was just God showing his mercy and presence. I was very tensed prior to the interview. When I was in the queue, what was going through my mind was "I cannot travel all the way from Anambra to Abuja to collect coloured paper and go back". Whenever I see an interviewee coming out with a Green paper(rejected). My heart will start palpitating vehemently. I started singing 'Too faithful by Moses Bliss' to calm my mind. I was almost taken to the white man in window 9 who basically was in the business of denying people Visa before window 11 became free. (A beautiful American lady)

VO: Good morning. Pass me your documents (Whilst looking at me directly).
Me: Good morning. (Trying to sound confident and calm while passing the documents).
VO: Have you left Nigeria before?
Me: No ma, I haven't had a reason to leave Nigeria.
VO: (Conducts biometrics for me).
VO: What will this course do for you?
Me: Yes, I ...(rampages through my brain to get the answer). Asides the fact that I intend to establish my own corporate law firm in future and also have my master's degree in the course, I am currently working in the law firm of _____ at _____ , and the law firm intends to establish another corporate branch at ___ for which I have been singled out amongst others to head the department (She nods), so therefore, I require and need every existing knowledge available in order for me to weather the challenges of the corporate world.
Having a master's degree will also at a geometric rate enhance my Curriculum vitae.
VO: There will be a promotion right?
Me: Sorry, I didn't hear you.
VO: promotion right? After the masters ?
Me: oh yes of course! Will be promoted to a Senior associate. (she smiles and nods)
VO: I went to this university, I am also a lawyer(points at my university on my I-20 and I know a brilliant professor there. (My tension reduced immediately and I tried to strike a conversation, "what's his name ma?". She says she doesn't remember but the prof doesn't work there anymore".
Vo: So I can see you have a funding of $33,000 , who will cover the rest?
Me: My uncle Mr.______,
VO: what does he do?
Me: He is into ____ and ____ and ____.
VO: okay I will be granting your visa, take this white paper which will serve as a etc. (didn't hear the rest).
(I took the white paper and smiled my way out through my face masks, from the building).

Tips:
-Get a good course in a good university that matches your degree.
-Prepare well! Believe your answers.
- Be confident while answering your questions, what did I say? Be confident, be almost loud , but not loud, i.e speak out! Soro soke o! If not, they might deny you with that bedroom voice you came with.
-Finally, pray very well! Sing to calm your Nerves. .
Goodluck!! ✨.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Predstan: 4:23am On May 25, 2022
Femotech123:
Lagos
Bachelor degree
Coa: $23,699
No funding: (haven’t been decided yet till May ending according to DSO of the school)
school: EIU
Vo : do your thumbprint
Vo : you are going for your bachelor degree right
Me : yes bachelor degree in political science
Vo : why this school
Me : I chose this school because it’s cheap and very affordable for my sponsor and she cut in
Vo : 49$ is not cheap!
Me: No ma my COA is just $23k+ ( but due to the SOA I send to get my i20 after they calculated the money with there rate is was equivalent to $49k so they input it like that so the family fund was $49k as indicated on my I20 I think that is why she said it’s not cheap) she check and quickly confirm and nodded.
Vo : who is spending a lot on you
Me : my brother he has been supporting me since when I want for my diploma course and he is ready and welling to support me
Vo : what does he do.
Me : he is a politician (I mute for a while immediately I wanted to say he Former deputy she cut in and ask
Vo : what will you do with the course
Me : I will come come to Nigeria to continue work at my place of work but in higher position. I can be transferred to state secretariat or federal and I will start my political ambition by joining political party.
Vo : type and type and type like 5min self and eventually she said you aren’t qualified for this and brought out the blue pepper.

Please guys at @moshkom and at every other gurus in this house just advise me pls and I will appreciate this is my 3 attempt and I am 25. Should I try again or I should just go back and complete my hnd and apply for masters or I should try once again ?
Secondly my sevis fee will expire on July eventually if I apply and get date lets say by August (aug 22 is my program start date ) hope I will still be able to use the sevis fee or I will have to pay for another sevis fee again.

Politician is not what he does. you could have mentioned that he’s the former deputy of … and that he’s currently…

You don’t choose a school because it’s cheap, that should be the secondary reason not primary. You need to come up with a convincing reasons like funding, research coursework and all that.

Go back and try again if you can. But draft out a better transcript that sells you as an ambitious student who knows what going to America for Political Spence means to him.

You can only use sevis within one year, otherwise you pay a new one

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by divinebarz: 5:14am On May 25, 2022
Good morning guys, please is there a WhatsApp group I can join to check for early appointment date (fall 2022) in Lagos? I would like to be added to the group. Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LeonBaba: 5:28am On May 25, 2022
Please add me to Abuja interview date. I am looking for a date in May/June.
My number 08106160148
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LeonBaba: 5:37am On May 25, 2022
Sorry about the denial. The VO probably think you have the same plan as your brother. I assume the suspicion is that you want to go to America and get married to have a green card. You need to have a good strategy to convince the VO that you're different from your brother. Good luck next time.

official4000:
Went for my visa interview in Lagos,

VO: Good morning..
Me: Good Morning
VO: Where are u going to?
Me: I'm going to South's Plains College Levelland Lubbock Texas to get an associate degree in business administration there....(VO cuts in)
VO: Have u traveled out before:
Me: yes, back in 2014 I went on a family trip to London with my family...
VO: Do u have any relatives in London...
Me: Yes, my mom's sister,my aunt...
VO: How old are u?
Me: I'm 17
VO: When did u graduate from High School..
Me: 2021, October
VO: types and keeps on typing..
VO: How did ur brother get his green card?
Me: Marriage
VO: What is ur brother's wife's name?
Me: (says name)
VO: How long has he been married for?
Me: 2 to 3 years...I'm not all too sure about the exact number of years...
VO: Do they have kids?
Me:No, not yet anyways....
VO: I'm sorry I'll have to deny ur visa...
Me: Is this denial related to information about my brother?
VO: check the letter ....PS: I know already what is there .
Me: Did anything go wrong during the interview...I'd like to know to make corrections when I reapply...
VO: I'm sorry I knows it frustrating, check the letter... I'll have to call the next person now...
Me: leaves in utmost shock and surprise

On the letter the reason for denial is Section 214(b) of immigration and nationality act.

My elder brother got married there after going in with an F-1 visa back in 2015. Does this mean all members of my family will be unable to get a US visa for this reason, majority of my family lives back home and I wasn’t asked about them but got denied due to ‘lack of home ties’ I just felt it was unfair I didn’t get a chance to actually talk about myself or what my degree will do for me. What can I do before reapplying?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cupcakes11: 6:04am On May 25, 2022
destiboy:
Your WhatsApp contact so I can 0chat you up

I can't drop it here, you can response to your mail so I drop it there or something.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Donfide(m): 6:27am On May 25, 2022
Teeswift:

Thanks bro.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Big2boss: 6:41am On May 25, 2022
LeonBaba:
Please add me to Abuja interview date. I am looking for a date in May/June.
My number 08106160148

Please add me to Abuja search list. 08138497308
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by saheed0011: 6:46am On May 25, 2022
Teeswift:
this is depend on weather Truman State University has someone course
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by saheed0011: 7:01am On May 25, 2022
Teeswift:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Solelyrespo: 7:37am On May 25, 2022
UmmZayd:

I've responded. Will go through and provide feedback

Boss abeg I wan email you

If possible can you quote this with your mail

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Solelyrespo: 7:38am On May 25, 2022
Moshkom:

Oh! Sorry for the denial bro.

I won’t lie, You failed in preparation. I doubt you did proper mock(s) before the interview.

You really have to act up towards your next application.

Maybe;

Goodday boss

Please can I email you

If yes please quote this with your mail

Thanks
- Change school to one with low Cost of Attendance.
Check out TRUMAN STATE UNI, they automatically gives 10k to international students and their COA is ‘just’ 28k. Minus the 10k, your sponsor would now have ‘just’ 18k to cover has deficit

- Do proper prep talks, mock and know-how before you next visa interview, with someone that is more knowledgeable in this field.

- Your Parent should be your best sponsor in the Undergraduate path. If they can’t in this ‘primary level’ of yours, then try to convince the VO why your uncle is taking their position.

PS: In MOSHKOM’s words “Dem no dey rush go embassy oh”.
Because this one you are already calculating your SEVIS payment expiring date against your next possible interview date ehn, calm down oh.

- Don’t forget NOT to apply to COMMUNITY COLLEGE.
- Don’t forget to apply at the right age range.

Good luck Young Champ!!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by olumizzy1: 9:07am On May 25, 2022
Hello Guru's

Can i pay sevis fee two days before my interview.??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Big2boss: 9:56am On May 25, 2022
Asking for someone. For those who got denied within the past two months, how are you able to schedule another appointment? Is it through the regular option or the previously denied. His profile still shows your passport is still with the embassy since his interview. Could this be the reason why there's no appointments date on his profile. What's best way to go about it.
NB: his denial was due to misappropriation of information on its DS-160 form. Some vital information wasnt fill ( educational qualification)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by BunmiBie: 10:06am On May 25, 2022
Meetch:

Please add me to the WhatsApp group

Your contact
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mosh2035(m): 10:14am On May 25, 2022
Another completed I-901 payment confirmation from DHS.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 10:41am On May 25, 2022
official4000:

Me: I'm going to South's Plains College Levelland Lubbock Texas to get an associate degree in business administration there....(VO cuts in)
Me: Did anything go wrong during the interview...I'd like to know to make corrections when I reapply...
VO: I'm sorry I knows it frustrating, check the letter... I'll have to call the next person now...

On the letter the reason for denial is Section 214(b) of immigration and nationality act.

My elder brother got married there after going in with an F-1 visa back in 2015. Does this mean all members of my family will be unable to get a US visa for this reason, majority of my family lives back home and I wasn’t asked about them but got denied due to ‘lack of home ties’ I just felt it was unfair I didn’t get a chance to actually talk about myself or what my degree will do for me. What can I do before reapplying?

I fully understand how you feel. This issue of "family history" is a very flawed criteria used by the US embassy in adjudicating visas, because to be fair, how should having a brother or a relative affect your personal ambition and goals especially after going through the stress of gaining admission and considering the financial resources spent on the application process. It's only logical that if the embassy has an issue with a relative in the US on how they got their papers and all, they should pass the mete on who violated the law and not on an innocent applicant.

I empathize with you, moving forward, I'll advice you to reapply. You know what you're going to do; when filling your next DS160 where it's stated "what has changed in your application". Use that box to explain your situation explicitly, I mean you're only 17 and should not be the one making decisions for you brother that chose to get married after his F1. State clearly, all you know about him (if possible speak with him and let him know what transpired) but still emphasize on why you really need this academic progression and your ambition to study in the US. Giving reasons why you will come back to Nigeria. Talk about the problem you will solve with this degree when you return to Nigeria, the agency you would aspire to work when you return to Nigeria. Your dreams are valid!

All the best.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SIMPLIFIED(m): 10:56am On May 25, 2022
Kollyyyy:
Please any legit person on here that can help in sevis fee payment ? …someone that has actually helped people on here pay
contact @walspring

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Garbia: 11:12am On May 25, 2022
official4000:

You are applying for an Associate Degree too.
I have severally read on this page that they consider Bachelors Degree. I believe that’s the issue not your brother.
Many of the Gurus here have stated that once it’s an associate degree, most VO believe you don’t want to come back.
Please anyone can correct me if I’m wrong
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 11:15am On May 25, 2022
Solelyrespo:

Boss abeg I wan email you

If possible can you quote this with your mail

Thanks

Yes you can
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 11:16am On May 25, 2022
olumizzy1:
Hello Guru's

Can i pay sevis fee two days before my interview.??

Yes you can pay via the western Union option
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vahn: 11:16am On May 25, 2022

(1) (2) (3) ... (931) (932) (933) (934) (935) (936) (937) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.