Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,884 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (935) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1647513 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (932) (933) (934) (935) (936) (937) (938) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Solelyrespo: 11:18am On May 25, 2022
BunmiBie:

Your contact
Please add me too
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Solelyrespo: 11:23am On May 25, 2022
UmmZayd:

Yes you can

Boss abeg your email abi phone number

Abeg
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lexxegg: 11:46am On May 25, 2022
Vahn:
If you are ready to check for dates in Lagos on WhatsApp you can let me know

Serious people only o, no agent here, its just normal date checking, testimonials of your transcripts, we have to help one another

Hey bro. I am ready. Please how can I reach you?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sauce22: 12:04pm On May 25, 2022
[quote author=Lexxegg post=113157743]

Please add me for interview dates in Lagos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Makindezak: 12:04pm On May 25, 2022
Vahn:

Serious people only o, no agent here, its just normal date checking, testimonials of your transcripts, we have to help one another
Please I’m interested, here is my number

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mosh2035(m): 12:25pm On May 25, 2022
Absolutely, an Associate degree as regards to Visa application shows clearly that the applicant is not interested in education. Associate degree do not in anyway contribute to progression. Focus solely on degree awarding university/college. Your associate degree made the VO believe you wanna follow the footstep of your brother. A full degree won't have brought about that suspicion or conclusion.

quote author=Garbia post=113156712]

You are applying for an Associate Degree too.
I have severally read on this page that they consider Bachelors Degree. I believe that’s the issue not your brother.
Many of the Gurus here have stated that once it’s an associate degree, most VO believe you don’t want to come back.
Please anyone can correct me if I’m wrong [/quote]

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by adhel90: 12:26pm On May 25, 2022
Please add 08163507402 to the group.

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mosh2035(m): 12:26pm On May 25, 2022
Absolutely, an Associate degree as regards to Visa application shows clearly that the applicant is not interested in education. Associate degree do not in anyway contribute to progression. Focus solely on degree awarding university/college. Your associate degree made the VO believe you wanna follow the footstep of your brother. A full degree won't have brought about that suspicion or conclusion.

official4000:
Went for my visa interview in Lagos,

VO: Good morning..
Me: Good Morning
VO: Where are u going to?
Me: I'm going to South's Plains College Levelland Lubbock Texas to get an associate degree in business administration there....(VO cuts in)
VO: Have u traveled out before:
Me: yes, back in 2014 I went on a family trip to London with my family...
VO: Do u have any relatives in London...
Me: Yes, my mom's sister,my aunt...
VO: How old are u?
Me: I'm 17
VO: When did u graduate from High School..
Me: 2021, October
VO: types and keeps on typing..
VO: How did ur brother get his green card?
Me: Marriage
VO: What is ur brother's wife's name?
Me: (says name)
VO: How long has he been married for?
Me: 2 to 3 years...I'm not all too sure about the exact number of years...
VO: Do they have kids?
Me:No, not yet anyways....
VO: I'm sorry I'll have to deny ur visa...
Me: Is this denial related to information about my brother?
VO: check the letter ....PS: I know already what is there .
Me: Did anything go wrong during the interview...I'd like to know to make corrections when I reapply...
VO: I'm sorry I knows it frustrating, check the letter... I'll have to call the next person now...
Me: leaves in utmost shock and surprise

On the letter the reason for denial is Section 214(b) of immigration and nationality act.

My elder brother got married there after going in with an F-1 visa back in 2015. Does this mean all members of my family will be unable to get a US visa for this reason, majority of my family lives back home and I wasn’t asked about them but got denied due to ‘lack of home ties’ I just felt it was unfair I didn’t get a chance to actually talk about myself or what my degree will do for me. What can I do before reapplying?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by opamilerinayo: 12:40pm On May 25, 2022
Congratulations.
Donfide:
F1 Visa Approved.
Venue : Abuja.
Date: 23rd May , 2022.
Course: Corporate law,Commercial law and trade.
School: University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign.
Funding: $33,000.
Deficit: 21,824.

My interview was just God showing his mercy and presence. I was very tensed prior to the interview. When I was in the queue, what was going through my mind was "I cannot travel all the way from my state to Abuja to collect coloured paper and go back". Whenever I see an interviewee coming out with a Green paper(rejected). My heart will start palpitating vehemently. I started singing 'Too faithful by Moses Bliss' to calm my mind. I was almost taken to the white man in window 9 who basically was in the business of denying people Visa before window 11 became free. (A beautiful American lady)

VO: Good morning. Pass me your documents (Whilst looking at me directly).
Me: Good morning. (Trying to sound confident and calm while passing the documents).
VO: Have you left Nigeria before?
Me: No ma, I haven't had a reason to leave Nigeria.
VO: (Conducts biometrics for me).
VO: What will this course do for you?
Me: Yes, I ...(rampages through my brain to get the answer). Asides the fact that I intend to establish my own corporate law firm in future and also have my master's degree in the course, I am currently working in the law firm of _____ at _____ , and the law firm intends to establish another corporate branch at ___ for which I have been singled out amongst others to head the department (She nods), so therefore, I require and need every existing knowledge available in order for me to weather the challenges of the corporate world.
Having a master's degree will also at a geometric rate enhance my Curriculum vitae.
VO: There will be a promotion right?
Me: Sorry, I didn't hear you.
VO: promotion right? After the masters ?
Me: oh yes of course! Will be promoted to a Senior associate. (she smiles and nods)
VO: I went to this university, I am also a lawyer(points at my university on my I-20 and I know a brilliant professor there. (My tension reduced immediately and I tried to strike a conversation, "what's his name ma?". She says she doesn't remember but the prof doesn't work there anymore".
Vo: So I can see you have a funding of $33,000 , who will cover the rest?
Me: My uncle Mr.______,
VO: what does he do?
Me: He is into ____ and ____ and ____.
VO: okay I will be granting your visa, take this white paper which will serve as a etc. (didn't hear the rest).
(I took the white paper and smiled my way out through my face masks, from the building).

Tips:
-Get a good course in a good university that matches your degree.
-Prepare well! Believe your answers.
- Be confident while answering your questions, what did I say? Be confident, be almost loud , but not loud, i.e speak out! Soro soke o! If not, they might deny you with that bedroom voice you came with.
-Finally, pray very well! Sing to calm your Nerves. .
Goodluck!! ✨.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vahn: 12:51pm On May 25, 2022
Lexxegg:

drop your number, delete immediately
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by divinebarz: 1:25pm On May 25, 2022
Vahn:
drop your number, delete immediately
08074025286. You can also add me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olley1738: 1:36pm On May 25, 2022
Please anybody has ideas about schools for international student student with their fees ranging from $12k and below.. anystate
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 1:43pm On May 25, 2022
official4000:
Went for my visa interview in Lagos,

VO: Good morning..
Me: Good Morning
VO: Where are u going to?
Me: I'm going to South's Plains College Levelland Lubbock Texas to get an associate degree in business administration there....(VO cuts in)
VO: Have u traveled out before:
Me: yes, back in 2014 I went on a family trip to London with my family...
VO: Do u have any relatives in London...
Me: Yes, my mom's sister,my aunt...
VO: How old are u?
Me: I'm 17
VO: When did u graduate from High School..
Me: 2021, October
VO: types and keeps on typing..
VO: How did ur brother get his green card?
Me: Marriage
VO: What is ur brother's wife's name?
Me: (says name)

My elder brother got married there after going in with an F-1 visa back in 2015. Does this mean all members of my family will be unable to get a US visa for this reason, majority of my family lives back home and I wasn’t asked about them but got denied due to ‘lack of home ties’ I just felt it was unfair I didn’t get a chance to actually talk about myself or what my degree will do for me. What can I do before reapplying?

These are where your issues are. The school is not high ranked. Not even in the top 2000 colleges in the US. Did you find this school by yourself? Or was it an agent?
Also you are going for an Associate rather than a Bachelors

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 1:45pm On May 25, 2022
Olley1738:
Please anybody has ideas about schools for international student student with their fees ranging from $12k and below.. anystate
University of Minnesota Mankato,
Southern Arkansas University.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Walspring: 1:48pm On May 25, 2022
Kollyyyy:
Please any legit person on here that can help in sevis fee payment ? …someone that has actually helped people on here pay

Do you still help in paying your sevis fee ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oluwaseyi1873: 2:18pm On May 25, 2022
Kindly add me to the group chat 08125769240
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oluwaseyi1873: 2:24pm On May 25, 2022
Good afternoon,I need your help
After when I had requested for my i-20 and was sent, I was offered a graduate assistantship. I have been trying to request for a new i-20 but she said I should use this old one and attached the assistantship letter.. is it possible? Won't it affect me during the interview. Thank you
UmmZayd:

I've responded. Will go through and provide feedback
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oluwaseyi1873: 2:26pm On May 25, 2022
After when I had requested for my i-20 and was sent, I was offered a graduate assistantship that covers my tuition and stipend. I have been trying to request for a new i-20 but she said I should use thie old one and attached the assistantship letter at the embassy. is it possible? Won't it affect me during the interview. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Youngbankee(m): 2:33pm On May 25, 2022
Vahn:

Please add my number 08101600238, for Lagos date checking group
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 2:36pm On May 25, 2022
Oluwaseyi1873:
After when I had requested for my i-20 and was sent, I was offered a graduate assistantship that covers my tuition and stipend. I have been trying to request for a new i-20 but she said I should use thie old one and attached the assistantship letter at the embassy. is it possible? Won't it affect me during the interview. Thank you
I think you should let them know that it will be tricky getting approved with an i-20 that does not reflect what your GA letter says. Tell them that can cause your visa to be denied. Call the school, Email them. Let them know you cannot go forward with the interview till you get an updated i-20
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oluseyi123: 2:41pm On May 25, 2022
Pls add me +971547304891
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oluseyi123: 2:47pm On May 25, 2022
Makindezak:

Please I’m interested, here is my number

Pls I'm interested in Lagos date searching. 08070940824
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TheSociopath(m): 2:47pm On May 25, 2022
olamitidey:
Hello everyone, please who is going to middle Tennessee state university? I’m looking for cheap flights and also accommodation. Anyone

Have you now been added to a group?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oluseyi123: 2:49pm On May 25, 2022
Youngbankee:

Please add my number 08101600238, for Lagos date checking group

Pls add me to lagos date search. +971547304891
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oluseyi123: 2:51pm On May 25, 2022
Lexxegg:

Pls add me to lagos date checking.+971547304891
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by official4000: 2:54pm On May 25, 2022
Garbia:

You are applying for an Associate Degree too.
I have severally read on this page that they consider Bachelors Degree. I believe that’s the issue not your brother.
Many of the Gurus here have stated that once it’s an associate degree, most VO believe you don’t want to come back.
Please anyone can correct me if I’m wrong

That school offers a program that will allow me switch to Texas tech and get a bachelors in 2 years after I’m done with the associates degree. I was planning on explaining that but she cut me off anyway. How many American 17 year olds are in college? I saw someone on here with that exact explanation and they got the visa in one try. I’m just sad I never got the chance to actually say much about the school or my plans. My interview was about my brother and them asking me questions they already have the answer to. I really don’t know what to change going forward to another interview. I don’t think changing the university will help my case but I’ll do that before I re-apply. Just seems unfair…
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oluseyi123: 2:57pm On May 25, 2022
Lexxegg:

Pls add me to lagos date checking. +971547304891
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by official4000: 3:19pm On May 25, 2022
Stevenssen:

These are where your issues are. The school is not high ranked. Not even in the top 2000 colleges in the US. Did you find this school by yourself? Or was it an agent?
Also you are going for an Associate rather than a Bachelors
I chose it myself because my uncle stays close to it.

That school offers a program that will allow me switch to Texas tech and get a bachelors in 2 years after I’m done with the associates degree. I was planning on explaining that but she cut me off anyway. How many American 17 year olds are in college? I saw someone on here with that exact explanation and they got the visa in one try! But going forward I guess I will have to change the school cos I cant re-apply without changing anything
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by fantabulous08: 3:54pm On May 25, 2022
Abuja consulate
Time; 7:30 am
No funding
COA; 28,460
Windows 7 (A middle aged man with long hair)

VO: Place your first left finger on the scanner (I obliged), then the right (I obliged), then both thumbs (I obliged)

Interview mode proper

VO: You’re going for your masters?
ME: Yes, I’m going for my Master’s degree program in Biology concentration in Cancer biology
VO: Why masters degree?
ME: I’m going for my masters degree program in Biology because it’s the degree required for me to obtain a research laboratory position at Bleep
VO: Who will be sponsoring you?
ME: My brother will be sponsoring me for my master’s program
VO: What does he do?
ME: He works at Bleep, USA
VO: How did he get there (I didn’t hear him well)
ME: He was supposed to come home in 2020. He already booked his ticket but couldn’t make it down here due corona virus and the end SARS protest so he canceled his flight.
VO: No, I meant how did he get to the USA? Is it by F1, marriage or what?
ME: He was a student but got...(cut in)

Unfortunately, you’re not eligible for this visa. This paper (green slip) will tell you more about it
ME: Thank you sir

On my DS 160;
I filled that I have two immediate family in the USA and one is my sponsor, they went through F1. My sponsor is done with school and now working while the other is still studying.
PS; one of my parents has been filed for

I’m open to suggestions please, thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (932) (933) (934) (935) (936) (937) (938) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.