Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,124 members, 7,860,052 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:07 AM

Does This Verse Proves That Jesus Lied??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does This Verse Proves That Jesus Lied??? (345 Views)

Which Bible Verse Proves That The Spirit Is God Omniscient? / Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! / Beyonce's Brown Skin Girl Song Proves That Pastor Chris Was Right On 'Black' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does This Verse Proves That Jesus Lied??? by Manasseh2018(m): 5:48pm On Jan 10, 2021
In Matthew chapter 24 vs 33&34 when Jesus was talking about what will happen in the end times. He was talking to his disciples and said that their generation will not pass until all the things he said has been fulfilled:
33.So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
34.Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
The generation and countless others have passed and yet those things have not been fulfilled. Does it mean that Jesus lied??
Re: Does This Verse Proves That Jesus Lied??? by michelz: 5:56pm On Jan 10, 2021
Nobody can say for certain the true interpretations of the scriptures. What we hear are all conjectures from people who feel they have the correct interpretations.
To solve this whole dilemma is quite simple, at least to an omnipotent and omniscient God: Just speak to everyone in a way that they will understand. That way,no need for the different variants of interpretations of the scriptures.
Re: Does This Verse Proves That Jesus Lied??? by foreverme1225: 6:18pm On Jan 10, 2021
I have also wondered the translation of that portion of the scripture, but as someone who studies the Bible with the witnesses, we have been taught that, that portion is talking about a destruction that was to befall the Israelites in the same century that Jesus lived in or there about, which actually took place. I'm not equipped to tell you in details right now.

2 Likes

Re: Does This Verse Proves That Jesus Lied??? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:19pm On Jan 10, 2021
You missed the point Jesus was making!

He wasn't talking about his contemporaries but the generation that will Witness that composite sign of the endtime. Note that his followers asked him "What will be the sign that you have returned (since Jesus won't come physically) and the sign that the end is close by?" Matthew 24:3

So his response to them was clearly understood by his faithful followers who don't need to see Jesus before believing in his words again but the generation who had no opportunity of seeing Jesus in person yet believed in his words!

Even in his 90s Apostle John got a Revelation from Jesus Christ and when Jesus said "i'm coming quickly" John enthusiastical response was "AMEN, come Lord Jesus" {Revelations 22:20} So despite the fact that John never witnessed any of those signs Jesus foretold his faith in the coming of Jesus never wavered!

For your information nearly all those signs are fulfilling in our own time today with just two or three signs left, meaning it's either our generation or the next that will Witness the end of all badness! smiley

Manasseh2018:
In Matthew chapter 24 vs 33&34 when Jesus was talking about what will happen in the end times. He was talking to his disciples and said that their generation will not pass until all the things he said has been fulfilled:
33.So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
34.Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
The generation and countless others have passed and yet those things have not been fulfilled. Does it mean that Jesus lied??

3 Likes

Re: Does This Verse Proves That Jesus Lied??? by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:30pm On Jan 10, 2021
Manasseh2018:
Did their generation see those things that Jesus said about the end times?

You quoted two verses that proved that Jesus spoke about the generation that would witness those end time signs yet you're asking if Jesus lied?

Probably you're one of those who's up to some mischief and not really seeking answers.

God bless.
Re: Does This Verse Proves That Jesus Lied??? by xproducer: 7:18pm On Jan 10, 2021
Manasseh2018:

==================

On a related subject, op, I would be very careful when using words like "lie" in relation to the Lord JESUS CHRIST - "The Way and the Truth and the Life" - John 14:6; JESUS is Truth Himself/Itself and can never have association with lying / sin!!!

John 1:17
"For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ."

John 18:23
“If I said something wrong,” Jesus replied, “testify as to what is wrong. But if I spoke the truth, why did you strike me?”

John 8:43-44
"Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word. You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it."

2 Likes

Re: Does This Verse Proves That Jesus Lied??? by MuttleyLaff: 7:38pm On Jan 10, 2021
Manasseh2018:
"1As Jesus left the temple and was walking away, His disciples came up to Him to point out its buildings.
2“Do you see all these things?” He replied. “Truly I tell you, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down.

- Matthew 24:1-2

No Yahshua Ha Mashiah aka Jesus Christ, Our Lord and Saviour of the whole wide world, did not lie because all the disciples except for Apostle John, the disciple whom he loved, were all martyred and so therefore did all die before the "end times" pulling down of the temple and annihilation of Jerusalem in 70 AD by the Romans

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lawyers On This Forum, Why Are You Afraid To Declare That You Are A Lawyer? / Divine Names Of God And Meaning / Pls What Are Those Sins Against The Holy Spirit ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.