Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,562 members, 7,812,820 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern (48513 Views)

Pete Edochie, Chiwetalu Agu, Others Feature In The Rising Sun / Suspend Bbnaija This Year For Serious National Concern / Let's Make World-Class Radio Jingles, DJ Skits & Voiceovers For You !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by Nobody: 10:45am On Jan 11, 2021
This morning I opened my Instagram after doing my normals, for that's how I start my day, having one or two laughs to start the day with. Going across my timeline Omo I nearly puked.

Entertainers dressed in wigs and dresses with painted lips mimicking the opposite gender. It's frustrating to see a grown man with solid biceps, facial and chest hairs, trying to be mama something or sister something.

Of course everyone has their life to live but if you have to pass a message by being a woman why not employ a lady to interpret the role? Or is it because the female gender touches the softer part of our heart Abi na Wetin. To me the thing looks "gayish" and it's sending the wrong message to our younger generation that if you're not a woman, you can't make it. Or am I getting it wrong? The thing is irritating I swear.

My opinion....and I'm writing it online so that the world remembers I said this. Bob start am E be like joke now nearly every guy wants to dress like a woman to act.

Cockroach mentality.
Make I find orijin go drink abeg.

78 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by Towerex(m): 8:35am On Feb 02, 2021
This is very true. I was thinking about this too In December. It's truly"gayish". If we can ostracize Bob Risky, all this cross Dressing comedians too should suffer same faith. I saw a guy recently who is becoming another cross Dresser like James Brown and Bob Risky. I felt really sick about it. Our country is loosing it's identity of sanity everyday.

115 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by Nobody: 3:03pm On Feb 13, 2021
Towerex:
This is very true. I was thinking about this too In December. It's truly"gayish". If we can ostracize Bob Risky, all this cross Dressing comedians too should suffer same faith. I saw a guy recently who is becoming another cross Dresser like James Brown and Bob Risky. I felt really sick about it. Our country is loosing it's identity of sanity everyday.
Country wey police dey push van wey dem take arrest protesters na country? I've learnt to ignore those skits and pictures. I retch anytime it invades my screen

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by Ishilove: 9:03pm On Feb 26, 2021
Towerex:
One deep voiced fool called Michelle Brown or whatever called out Bobrisky and challenged him to post unfiltered photos. I was thinking "what's with the rise of cross dressing? Since when did we start accepting perversion and abnormality as normal?"

42 Likes

Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by Ishilove: 9:04pm On Feb 26, 2021
MejiLoyon:
This morning I opened my Instagram after doing my normals, for that's how I start my day,having one or two laughs to start the day with. Going across my timeline Omo I nearly puked. Entertainers dressed in wigs and dresses with painted lips mimicking the opposite gender. It's frustrating to see a grown man with solid biceps ,facial and chest hairs,Trying to be mama something or sister something. Of course everyone has their life to live but if you have to pass a message by being a woman why not employ a lady to interpret the role? Or is it because the female gender touches the softer part of our heart Abi na Wetin. To me the thing looks "gayish" and it's sending the wrong message to our younger generation that if you're not a woman,you can't make it. Or am I getting it wrong? The thing is irritating I swear.

My opinion....and I'm writing it online so that the world remembers I said this. Bob start am E be like joke now nearly every guy wants to dress like a woman to act.
Cockroach mentality.
Make I find orijin go drink abeg.
There are girls that dress as boys in some of these skits. It doesn't make it less annoying though

32 Likes

Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by Nobody: 9:57pm On Feb 26, 2021
Ishilove:

There are girls that dress as boys in some of these skits. It doesn't make it less annoying though
To me it is.... TGIF by the way

1 Like

Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by Ishilove: 6:14am On Feb 27, 2021
MejiLoyon:

To me it is.... TGIF by the way
Yes o. Don't paint the town red. Paint it blue
Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by pocohantas(f): 1:34pm On Feb 27, 2021
Marketing strategy.

The female gender is way more entertaining than their male counterparts. If they choose to be just males, they will run out of content in record time.

It is the opposite with female contents. There are numerous skit ideas on women that would draw traffic, increase their views, ratings and of course engagements from men and women alike.

Unlike Bobrisky, these ones are still men with raging erectîons. Money just has to be made.

People have acted as Jesus, satan and three wise men. I don’t see why a man can’t be allowed to interpret a female character. I am actually in awe at how well they interpret these roles. It is not that deep...to me.

BRATISLAVA:

Let's not say that men want to be women so badly. They are simply obsessed with women and want to flaunt what women have.

In most cases of homosexuality, it is men who want to be feminine. Likewise, transsexuals. Transvestites.

Now in skits they want to be female.

Truly, the future is female.

grin

Lol @ future is female. Where is that chick sef?

I think it is more about men being overly interested in women affairs. Any topic on women and you’ll see men rushing to comment. Even here on Nairaland, they will comment more than women sef. These guys know it and they are using it to their advantage. It is nothing spiritual abeg, na simple marketing and economics.

Reinaldo:

Based on what research? Is that why we subscribe to DSTV and watch Supersport every weekend? We subscribe to watch entertaining ladies?

Or the boring poor chatting skills of Nigerian girls? More entertaining indeed. undecided

The point exactly, these day to day topics are way more entertaining and more than that of men. If they do a skit on boring poor chatting skills of Nigerian girls, it will get engagements from men and women. That is the ENTERTAINMENT.

They are not DSTV or Supersports, so people subscribe to them for everyday content, which is very relatable to the average Nigerian.

95 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by fasho01(m): 1:35pm On Feb 27, 2021
Honestly, it is really on the rise and quite annoying. Can they not have females play those roles or be more creative in their roles without promoting perversion

6 Likes

Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by Stephendeals: 1:35pm On Feb 27, 2021
lipsrsealed undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by obonujoker(m): 1:35pm On Feb 27, 2021
Lol... They are indirectly promoting the program of Satan, which they unknowingly don't know

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by pozehnani(f): 1:35pm On Feb 27, 2021
These ones are acting now.

6 Likes

Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by masterP042(m): 1:36pm On Feb 27, 2021
Dressing is always part of comedy, and if you don't find humor in cross dressing that's your prob. It's cheaper and better for a comedian to portray his message himself, cos contracting a female for the role may water down is content and brand.

And mind you not everyone is homophobic nor has a primitive way of thinking

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by Nobody: 1:36pm On Feb 27, 2021
Live and let others live

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by Harddiskng(m): 1:36pm On Feb 27, 2021
Towerex:
This is very true. I was thinking about this too In December. It's truly"gayish".

2 Likes

Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by juniorstar(m): 1:36pm On Feb 27, 2021
these things dey vex me aswear.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by Nobody: 1:37pm On Feb 27, 2021
Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by Topmaike007(m): 1:37pm On Feb 27, 2021
na copy copy go kill us for Nigeria I swear

2 Likes

Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by LMS1(m): 1:38pm On Feb 27, 2021
Maybe They Cant Feel Their Face
(in Lil Wayne's Voice).
But Honestly This Wouldnt Have Been Anybody's Bussines If Nigeria Was Also Technically Developed Like Russia, Canada And The States.
Afterall This Nations Has More Popular And Reowned Cross Dressers Than Our Poor Bob Risky
Yet Their Fellow Citizens Barely Give A Fvck About Them.

3 Likes

Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by YorubaPrince: 1:38pm On Feb 27, 2021
Awon Werey pple! angry

1 Like

Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by nextBIGthing: 1:38pm On Feb 27, 2021
This are the kind of things our insensitive government like to focus on the most ...very soon you’ll hear the government has banned video skits

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by Offpoint1: 1:38pm On Feb 27, 2021
It's call "Skit" for a reason and the purpose was intended for you to laugh. If you start seeing other meaning to it then you have a very perverted mind.

Bob risky doesn't makes no skit, that's the ones we should be concerned about.

Tyler perry has been playing the role of Madea for years and no one see gayism in it, there are many movies the males played the females characters and we don't see it as gayism.
These things are made to make you laugh or entertain you, if you start reading other meaning to it... Then you're the one who needs help.

61 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by WiszyFraud: 1:39pm On Feb 27, 2021
That nigga/babe (Bobrisky) started all these!!! grin

Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by CHoccolaTE: 1:39pm On Feb 27, 2021
There is one very annoying cross dressing "comedian" wey call himself mama tobi or something, wearing green wrapper and blouse and canvas and socks, that guy always annoys me with his stupid cross dressing and dry jokes.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by Sagefromtheeast: 1:39pm On Feb 27, 2021
Crossdressers will go to hell.
Period
Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by Incognito403: 1:39pm On Feb 27, 2021
Very serious
Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by Myway20: 1:39pm On Feb 27, 2021
They dress like that to portray a female character. Although it is getting too much anyway! They need to reduce it.
I think the problem should be when they act or dress like that in real life like Bobrisky etc.
Some of them are nauseating.

1 Like

Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by Probz(m): 1:39pm On Feb 27, 2021
Men started wearing wigs and dresses before women.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BBNaija: Efe Leads Early Online Polls Unopposed (Photo) / Mercy Eke: Emmanuel Emenike, My Boyfriend Dumped Me - BBNaija's Mercy / Airtel Shades Mtn In New TV Ad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.