Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,705 members, 7,827,577 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Different Types Of Curtains You Must Try In 2021 - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Different Types Of Curtains You Must Try In 2021 (1055 Views)

Cornrow Hairstyles: Latest Cornrow Styles To Try In 2021 / 10 Different Types Of Nigerian Barbers / Different Types Of Barbers You Will See In Nigeria - Memes Collection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Different Types Of Curtains You Must Try In 2021 by lisaatiggs: 9:01am On Jan 12, 2021
Curtains come in various designs, sizes, styles, & textures. Therefore you are likely to have hundreds of choices when you are up to buying. This can make the buying process a bit overwhelming. So let’s characterize them before you could even delve into some of the better kinds of curtain, curtains come in restricted fabrics, most of them obstruct light, and swing from a decorative rail just above the window and spread to the bottom.

You can shop by categories or in sections for curtains, and for unique results, they can indeed be painted, fastened, and draped in distinctive ways. They always set a decent look and appear stylish with distinctive textures, forms, illustrations, and color combinations. In this article, we have rounded up some of the must-try curtain types along with their features. Keep on reading to discover...

Types of curtains

Pinch Pleat

The other most common type of pleated curtains is pinch pleat curtains. At the top, the pleats are sewn and squished, encouraging the fabric's wrinkles to cascade below it and establish a sophisticated & pleated look.

The pattern of these pleat curtains stretches from two to five fingers. Getting additional pleats to offer a fuller look & add depth to the windows. These panels can be used anywhere; guestrooms, living rooms, or entertainment rooms, offices & others.

Pencil Pleat Curtains

When you're heading for a conventional as well as a structured look, pencil pleat curtains are the best go-to choice. These curtains are typically manufactured from heavy fabrics and are hung taller and wider.

Depending on the appearance you would like to achieve for your bedroom, you can pick any of the available styles.

Eyelet Curtains

Eyelet curtains are the most popular type of curtains which are easily adjustable with every type of interior decoration. To protect the panels, accessible rings or elastic bands are being used. The ringlets help you to effortlessly open as well as close the blinds, and that's why these are considered an outstanding option for apartments.

It is crucial to remember that throughout the fasteners, the window accessories will be apparent, so be sure to use the curtain ropes and materials that are environmentally appealing. Also, they are very easy to install and detach whenever you want.

Rod pocket curtains

The rod pocket (also is widely known as the pole pocket) style is the most simple title. This is where the curtain fabric is indeed returned upon itself in order to create a pocket to bring the curtain rod into. The curtain rod at the top of the curtain cloth fits into the tunnel, causing this to assemble together somewhat.

Tab top curtains

Tab-top curtains, manufactured from a thick cloth, have loops just at the top. Only curtain poles may be used on these new, casual curtains. Since in tab top panels, the curtain hardware is highly exposed, investing in quality, good-looking poles, and finishes can be highly expensive.

Tie top curtains

That's where ribbons tied to the tip of a curtain tie tiny bows all around the rod. It is a style that is very casual, comfortable, and rustic, mostly used for linens as well as other light materials.

Gathered palette

A contrast here between pinch pleat as well as a pencil pleat is this sort of pleated curtain. By stitching a pleating tape to the back of its top edge, a collected curtain is formed, and then the cords are dragged into the tape to create the desired amount of width.

French or tailored pleat curtains

In order to generate a structured heading, French-pleated curtains have sections of triple pleats, arranged uniformly around the curtains. In the formal dining as well as a lounge area, such curtains stack smoothly on either side and are perfect.

Goblet pleat curtains

The Goblet pleat, which looks fantastic in a Georgian Victorian and another residence with either a high ceiling, is a much more conventional or formal curtain hanging design.

It has a tubular cuff at just the top of a curtain which parallels a wine bottle. Generally, such curtains are used in wide or conventional rooms with high ceilings.
Re: Different Types Of Curtains You Must Try In 2021 by Ryan03(f): 9:33am On Jan 12, 2021
No pix?

1 Like

Re: Different Types Of Curtains You Must Try In 2021 by Interiorplus: 2:45pm On Jan 13, 2021
Hello, I'm really interested in this. Can you add pictures to it?
Re: Different Types Of Curtains You Must Try In 2021 by janes13: 12:37am On Mar 17, 2021
Oh, wow, I've never thought about the fact that curtains can be categorized. This is something new indeed. Reading this I realized I like the tie top ones because they support lighter materials. They're elegant and so easy to wash. A while ago I had some heavy curtains that literally caused a part of my wall to break. They were attached to its support and then screwed into the wall. The screws weren't fastened enough and I had to call Fasteners Manufacturers in India in order to fix the problem. Ever since I'm not buying 'heavy' curtains ever again. The lighter materials look fancier anyway and as I was saying, in the beginning, it's very easy to wash, you don't need to spend money on that.

(1) (Reply)

Ladies You Can Look Fab In 5 Minutes. Here's How / What To Wear On A First Date And Why It Matters / Does Makeup Really Make Some Women Look Worst?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.