Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

How To Preserve Pap (ogi/akamu) For 6 Months, Pls Help - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Preserve Pap (ogi/akamu) For 6 Months, Pls Help (3098 Views)

Universities Awarding Degrees In Less Than 6 Months, PhD Below 1 Year - NUC / How I Paid Back LAUTECH Lecturer Who Failed Me For 6 Years In The University. / Perfect Payback For Lecturer Who Failed Me For 6 Years In The University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Preserve Pap (ogi/akamu) For 6 Months, Pls Help by MrValthegreat: 9:20am On Jan 12, 2021
I have a research project on how to chemically preserve Pap (akamu or Ogi) for six months. Pls who have an idea on the right preservative(s) for this product and the mixing formula?
Please note that I don't mean putting it into fridge freezer, or water but with preservative chemicals.
Thanks in anticipation of your assistance.
Re: How To Preserve Pap (ogi/akamu) For 6 Months, Pls Help by JOACHINpedro: 9:40am On Jan 12, 2021
MrValthegreat:
I have a research project on how to chemically preserve Pap (akamu or Ogi) for six months. Pls who have an idea on the right preservative(s) for this product and the mixing formula?
Please note that I don't mean putting it into fridge freezer, or water but with preservative chemicals.
Thanks in anticipation of your assistance.
Na already-made pap??
Re: How To Preserve Pap (ogi/akamu) For 6 Months, Pls Help by Nobody: 10:44am On Jan 12, 2021
I don't know the kind you are talking about but the one i do stays for more than 6 months.... All i do is to buy the corn.... Sun dry it till it's very dry to the extent that you can break it like stick... Then i ground it...put it inside a container.... An air tight container... Use spoon to scoop any amount you want and make it like custard.... Or
This one my grandma taught me but I'm not sure of the months but it stayed 2 months with me... All you need to do is to buy the corn... Soak it and grind it... Don't bother to fitter it... Leave it that way and always change the water every morning.... It works too but not up to 6 months....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Preserve Pap (ogi/akamu) For 6 Months, Pls Help by Deasegun19(m): 11:29am On Jan 12, 2021
Doradorwa:
I don't know the kind you are talking about but the one i do stays for more than 6 months.... All i do is to buy the corn.... Sun dry it till it's very dry to the extent that you can break it like stick... Then i ground it...put it inside a container.... An air tight container... Use spoon to scoop any amount you want and make it like custard.... Or
This one my grandma taught me but I'm not sure of the months but it stayed 2 months with me... All you need to do is to buy the corn... Soak it and grind it... Don't bother to fitter it... Leave it that way and always change the water every morning.... It works too but not up to 6 months....

op, she has said it all. store in air tight container. na so joseph do ooo, he stored it for 7 years
Re: How To Preserve Pap (ogi/akamu) For 6 Months, Pls Help by sandlakes14: 11:57am On Jan 12, 2021
There is where is called bacteriocin..... The use of micro organisms to extend the shelf life of a product and it generally regarded as safe by regulatory bodies
Re: How To Preserve Pap (ogi/akamu) For 6 Months, Pls Help by MrValthegreat: 8:38pm On Jan 13, 2021
Doradorwa:
Thanks so much for this, it is really revealing.
But in this case, the research expectations is for me to arrive at the possible way of using chemicals to extend the shelf life of fully processed Pap such that the commercial value of the product can be improved.
Re: How To Preserve Pap (ogi/akamu) For 6 Months, Pls Help by MrValthegreat: 8:50pm On Jan 13, 2021
sandlakes14:
There is where is called bacteriocin..... The use of micro organisms to extend the shelf life of a product and it generally regarded as safe by regulatory bodies
Thanks so much, this is more like what I am looking for. please can you expanxiate on this? is there any directly applicable chemical or preservative that you know I can directly use for this?
Thanks in anticipation of your respone
Re: How To Preserve Pap (ogi/akamu) For 6 Months, Pls Help by MrValthegreat: 8:53pm On Jan 13, 2021
sandlakes14:
Thanks so much, this is more like what I am looking for. Please can you expanxiate further? do you know any directly applicable preservative I can apply to achieve this?

Thanks in anticipation of your response
Re: How To Preserve Pap (ogi/akamu) For 6 Months, Pls Help by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jan 13, 2021
MrValthegreat:
Thanks so much for this, it is really revealing.
But in this case, the research expectations is for me to arrive at the possible way of using chemicals to extend the shelf life of fully processed Pap such that the commercial value of the product can be improved.
Well I'm a political scientist... I don't do chemicals.... I hope you'll find the answer you are looking for smiley
Re: How To Preserve Pap (ogi/akamu) For 6 Months, Pls Help by MrValthegreat: 4:28pm On Jan 18, 2021
Please who has an add?

(1) (Reply)

The Real History Of Islam And Muhammad Exposed! Listen Before It Is Too Late! / Oko Polytechnic Anambra Post Ume 2010/2011 / Noun Ado Ekiti Centre Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.