Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,570 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Nigerian Parties - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerian Parties (2386 Views)

PSYCH: Man Dug Up 150 Little Girls From Their Graves, Held Birthday Parties For / How Did Spraying Money At Parties Become Part of What We Call Our Culture? / The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Parties by lovelylady: 5:19pm On Mar 31, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7Y3dx1c_bk

I have been told by several people who are not Nigerian that the parties are fun. I have not been to one as of yet but I believe I will be attending the next one that I am invited to. My Nigerian friends keep telling me that if I go to one Nigerian event I will always want to keep coming back. From the looks of the clip it appears that Nigerians definately know how to have fun. I'm sure that I will enjoy myself. Btw what does the money spraying mean?
Re: Nigerian Parties by Nobody: 6:34pm On Apr 01, 2011
Yea, Nigerians definately like parties and dancingĀ smiley. About the money spraying, I think the person who's hosting the party is the one who usually gets sprayed (i.e. if it's a birthday party: the birthday woman) and it's often if they're dancing. Most likely, they probably are dancing.
Does anyone else have any thoughts on money spraying at Naija parties - why and who gets sprayed?
Re: Nigerian Parties by lovelylady: 4:59am On Apr 02, 2011
Yield:

Yea, Nigerians definately like parties and dancingĀ smiley. About the money spraying, I think the person who's hosting the party is the one who usually gets sprayed (i.e. if it's a birthday party: the birthday woman) and it's often if they're dancing. Most likely, they probably are dancing.
Does anyone else have any thoughts on money spraying at Naija parties - why and who gets sprayed?

Oh ok so that's why they spray money. In the clip that I posted I noticed that several people were being sprayed with money. The singer was sprayed with money as well. It's something I have never seen so I was curious as to what it meant. But yeah I believe Nigerians know how to have fun. I'm looking forward to going to a party.

(1) (Reply)

Accelerationism / Prince Lukman Adelodu Gbadegesin Is The New Alaafin-Elect / On The Dangers Of Cultural Isolation And Traditionalistic Servitude

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.