Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,824 members, 7,851,758 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:27 AM

Why Is My Period Blood So Dark? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Is My Period Blood So Dark? (432 Views)

My Period This Month Smelled So Bad! What Could Be The Cause Of This? / I've Not Seen My Period For Almost 7weeks Now, Yet I'm Not Pregnant / Can I Get Pregnant Just After My Period Has Finished? Must Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Is My Period Blood So Dark? by doksblog(m): 2:25pm On Jan 12, 2021
This very question has been asked for so many reasons.

Black period blood is blood that takes extra time to leave the uterus, becoming oxidized along the way.

When blood is exposed to oxygen, it becomes oxidized and turns dark brown or blackish, similar to the colour of coffee grounds.

The good news is that black period blood and vaginal discharge isn’t always a cause for concern.

It commonly occurs at different times throughout a cycle, particularly toward the beginning of a period.

Generally, a period with dark and low volume of blood is normal and does not indicate any health problems, especially if it occurs at the beginning or end of menstruation.

However, when this type of period or menstruation is recurring, it can be a sign of hormonal changes, uterine problems, stress or sexually transmitted diseases, for example.

However, this can also happen when women start taking the contraceptive pill for the first time, change the pill or use the morning-after pill.

In these cases, menstruation can also become darker or have the colour of coffee grounds, returning to normal in the next cycle.

Why Is My Period Blood So Dark?

Menstruation blood, which is black, brown, or similar to coffee grounds may be caused by the following reasons:..................

https://doksblog.com/why-is-my-period-blood-so-dark/

(1) (Reply)

Africa Unprepared As 3rd Wave COVID-19 Outbreak Looms — WHO / People With Heart Problems Who Have Done An Ecg Come In Here / Herbal Treatment For Covid-19 And Its Variants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.