Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,405 members, 7,812,195 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:54 AM

Showcasing The Diversity Of Igbo Cuisine - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Showcasing The Diversity Of Igbo Cuisine (2014 Views)

Why Are Yorubas Trying To Culturally Appropriate Igbo Cuisine? / Part Of Igbo Land Where You Mustn’t Kill A Python / Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Showcasing The Diversity Of Igbo Cuisine by Shiver99: 5:55am On Jan 15, 2021
Igbos have a wide range of foods in their cuisines, many so influential that they had dominated the Nigerian foodie scene and are slowly spreading outside of the borders of the country.

If Igbos promote their traditional foods abroad like Chinese people ( actual foods and not basic 'finger-foods' e.g jollof rice, chin-chin, puff-puff) no doubt it would be the next biggest thing.

Igbo food below in order:

Ofe Onugbu

Ofe Ogbono

Ofe Egwusi

Ofe Anara

3 Likes

Re: Showcasing The Diversity Of Igbo Cuisine by Bulldozer90: 6:01am On Jan 15, 2021
following
Re: Showcasing The Diversity Of Igbo Cuisine by Shiver99: 6:03am On Jan 15, 2021
In order:
ofe achara

ofe okazi

ofe ugba

ofe ugu

2 Likes

Re: Showcasing The Diversity Of Igbo Cuisine by Bulldozer90: 6:04am On Jan 15, 2021
ok
Re: Showcasing The Diversity Of Igbo Cuisine by thaoriginator: 6:05am On Jan 15, 2021
angry

Mi bloodclaat!

Dem Igbo dem nah know how fi cook nothing... All dem like fi eat addi soup called 'Ofaaku' me bloodclaat!

Me fi tell yuh say you hafi come ah Calabar or Awka Ibom fi get a gud gud Naija soup enuh.. Me talk from me heart and experience me bloodclaat!
Re: Showcasing The Diversity Of Igbo Cuisine by Bulldozer90: 6:10am On Jan 15, 2021
still waiting for ofe ora, ofe nsala, ofe okwuru and ofe akwu
Re: Showcasing The Diversity Of Igbo Cuisine by Shiver99: 6:13am On Jan 15, 2021
In order

ofe ahihiara

ofe oha

ofe nsala

ofe uziza

3 Likes

Re: Showcasing The Diversity Of Igbo Cuisine by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:14am On Jan 15, 2021
For the best kinda soups and foods in our darling country, give it to the Calabars and the Igbos!

It is always oh la la.
You can't get tired of our delicacies lailai!

#OneNigeriaWeStand
#OneNigeriaWeBelieve

God bless Nigeria.

Oha Soup......one of our favorite...oh la la tongue
And Ila-alasepo is one of the best soup from our Yoruba people too.
Always on point tongue

Naija is sooo blessed mehn!

Edika-ikong and Efo-riro are just like brothers and sisters for real..
Pics way below....

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Showcasing The Diversity Of Igbo Cuisine by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:16am On Jan 15, 2021
thaoriginator:
angry

Mi bloodclaat!

Dem Igbo dem nah know how fi cook nothing... All dem like fi eat addi soup called 'Ofaaku' me bloodclaat!

Me fi tell yuh say you hafi come ah Calabar or Awka Ibom fi get a gud gud Naija soup enuh.. Me talk from me heart and experience me bloodclaat!
Thaoriginator, Gud mawnin.
One love from one of us @[/b] all da way from Kingston.
Kingston lika Lagos!
Bless up man!!
From the kitchen of [b]MANNA
is da Barbecue Fishy for ya man!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Showcasing The Diversity Of Igbo Cuisine by Shiver99: 6:22am On Jan 15, 2021
In order

Ofe akwu

ofe isasa(?)

ofe okwuru

ofe mkpuruopapa

2 Likes

Re: Showcasing The Diversity Of Igbo Cuisine by Kriss216: 6:23am On Jan 15, 2021
Your image quality is not justice to these wonderful and mouthwatering soups.
Re: Showcasing The Diversity Of Igbo Cuisine by Kriss216: 6:25am On Jan 15, 2021
post=98073199:

Kingston lika Lagos!
Bless up man!!
Carry these nonsense and cancerous foods out of this thread now!
Re: Showcasing The Diversity Of Igbo Cuisine by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:29am On Jan 15, 2021
Kriss216:

Dem MANNA to wailers on a daily basis grin cheesy wink
Da nemesis....
Dem Children of H nightmares every night cool shocked cool
Next time learn how to mind your business on your torn mat in ya village and stop trolling.

Collecti kiddo and go back to bed tongue tongue

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Showcasing The Diversity Of Igbo Cuisine by Shiver99: 6:29am On Jan 15, 2021
In order:

Ji mmri Oku (Yam-based peppersoup)

Peppersoup (with assorted fish/meat)

Ofe ede

2 Likes

Re: Showcasing The Diversity Of Igbo Cuisine by Moferere: 6:31am On Jan 15, 2021
Good soup
Re: Showcasing The Diversity Of Igbo Cuisine by Shiver99: 6:33am On Jan 15, 2021
In order

Abacha

Ukpaka

Isi ewu

Nkwobi

2 Likes

Re: Showcasing The Diversity Of Igbo Cuisine by thaoriginator: 6:37am On Jan 15, 2021
post=98073199:

Kingston lika Lagos!
Bless up man!!
Whoa!

Di chicken ah pretty like me BIG batty gyal weh ah wine pon me John.. Me cyan wait fi nyam it like no tomorrow.. Yo man just raise me appetite inna dis ah innocent morning

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Showcasing The Diversity Of Igbo Cuisine by thaoriginator: 6:38am On Jan 15, 2021
Kriss216:

Me bloodclaat you fi mention me man!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Showcasing The Diversity Of Igbo Cuisine by Shiver99: 6:38am On Jan 15, 2021
Elele agwa (Mai mai)

Ukpo Oka/ Nri Oka

Agidi

Agidi Jollof

2 Likes

Re: Showcasing The Diversity Of Igbo Cuisine by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:45am On Jan 15, 2021
thaoriginator:
Whoa!

Di chicken ah pretty like me BIG batty gyal weh ah wine pon me John.. Me cyan wait fi nyam it like no tomorrow.. Yo man just raise me appetite inna dis ah innocent morning
BIG Batty gyal?
U are badman! cheesy.

Ya luv some Jamaica curry chicken soup also?
Boonoonoonoos friend,
Weh Yuh Deh Pon?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Showcasing The Diversity Of Igbo Cuisine by descarado: 6:47am On Jan 15, 2021
Some of the soups up there are not igbo soups. It's better to say Nigerian delicacies.

Don't know if you guys deliberately do this to incite quarrel which generates traffic for this site.

This aside, good job.
Re: Showcasing The Diversity Of Igbo Cuisine by Shiver99: 6:48am On Jan 15, 2021
In order

akidi

ayaraya oka

ayaraya ji

ukwa

2 Likes

Re: Showcasing The Diversity Of Igbo Cuisine by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:49am On Jan 15, 2021
thaoriginator:
Me bloodclaat you fi mention me man!!!
Haffisah, mi neva si di stop lite, gi mi a bly.
Ignore the likkle bwoy man!
Time to nyaam.
(Time to talk about and eat good food)

Edika-ikong and Efo-riro on fleek..... tongue

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Showcasing The Diversity Of Igbo Cuisine by Shiver99: 6:53am On Jan 15, 2021
If any person has any traditional food they want to post, please feel free to do so.
Re: Showcasing The Diversity Of Igbo Cuisine by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:54am On Jan 15, 2021
Shiver99:
If any person has any traditional food they want to post, please feel free to do so.
Thanku OP! cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Showcasing The Diversity Of Igbo Cuisine by Shiver99: 6:59am On Jan 15, 2021
New yam with ugba sauce

New yam with spicy red sauce

New Yam with egg sauce

New Yam with anara sauce

1 Like

Re: Showcasing The Diversity Of Igbo Cuisine by thaoriginator: 6:59am On Jan 15, 2021
post=98073706:

Haffisah, mi neva si di stop lite, gi mi a bly.
Ignore the likkle bwoy man!
Time to nyaam.
(Time to talk about and eat good food)

Edika-ikong and Efo-riro on fleek..... tongue
Oooooh mad oh!

Mi love di efo riro with di shaki and all addi assorted Pon it..

Me coulda kill a man fi dat anyday anytime anyweh.

Weh unu spot deh inna di island, a mi visit deh with me gyal caw me deh pon di stingy men association enuh...

Money haffi spend so me touch di road deh and me nuh wan see nuh batty cool

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Showcasing The Diversity Of Igbo Cuisine by Shiver99: 6:59am On Jan 15, 2021
descarado:
Some of the soups up there are not igbo soups. It's better to say Nigerian delicacies.

Don't know if you guys deliberately do this to incite quarrel which generates traffic for this site.

This aside, good job.

Every food I have posted here is strictly Igbo foods.

Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Showcasing The Diversity Of Igbo Cuisine by thaoriginator: 7:00am On Jan 15, 2021
Shiver99:
New yam with ugba sauce

New yam with spicy red sauce

New Yam with egg sauce

New Yam with anara sauce
Badman.. A yuh weh prepare all addis so?? It ah look good enuh..

Africa me say cool
Re: Showcasing The Diversity Of Igbo Cuisine by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:02am On Jan 15, 2021
This thread won't be complete without Tuwo and Abula.
#OneNigeriaWeBelieve.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Showcasing The Diversity Of Igbo Cuisine by Shiver99: 7:09am On Jan 15, 2021
Okpa di oku/ Okpa wawa

Achicha ede

Ofe achi

Yam with vegetable sauce (Ji abubo)

4 Likes

Re: Showcasing The Diversity Of Igbo Cuisine by yanabasee1(m): 7:15am On Jan 15, 2021
Shiver99:
In order
Abacha
Ukpaka
Isi ewu
Nkwobi

What's the difference between Isi Ewu and Nkwobi?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Ancient Paved Roads Of Ife / Humanity And The Mystery Transition. / Ofa Aye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.