Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,203 members, 7,811,545 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters (88498 Views)

Marriage: Women Decry Lack Of Financially Eligible Suitors / How Guys Use Marriage To Plunge Themselves Into Perpetual Poverty. / "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by casualj(m): 9:48am On Jan 16, 2021
As a lady you must be useful in all aspects,it shouldn't be limited to the Bedroom only.
If you can't cooked as a lady,then you don't need a man.
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by TeemahBeddings: 9:48am On Jan 16, 2021
Lightorder:
you are the lazy and shameless on here ma. That was how they were glorifying it on Nigeriainfofm the other day. Men should be cooking for their wives because they are equal. They were dragging and arguing it back and forth on air. My wife who was listening with me laughed ,sighed and said, “ biko, when has cooking become a big work now”? “All these lazy women sef, how many minutes does it take to cook”.
Cooking, I repeat, cooking shouldn’t be part of what a mother should start crying about as a big task. If you are a woman who doesn’t know how to cook for your husband, you have LOST the battle. It is jus a matter of time , you will regret it. For you fake men who see nothing wrong about a maid or iya Kunle eatery taking care of your tummy, you will soon be real. In case, my wife is a busy Manager in a health institution, a pharmacist . So you don’t think she has all the time in the world
congrats sir, you got yourself a luck as a wife

1 Like

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by CHoccolaTE: 9:53am On Jan 16, 2021
NoToPile:

You still don't get it and you are twisting your reply. It was a simple question - Are you ready to lay down your life for your wife as Christ did for the church?

There was a reason why husbands love your wives comes before wives submit to your husband. A woman will hardly ( genuinely) submit to a man who doesn't love ( the way christ loved the church)her

Husband will love and wife will submit its that simple.

Now I will ask clearly are you ready to lay down your life for her as Christ did for the church? I believe you have a full grasp of what Christ did for the church if yes as you have stated then you should know it might actually be easier for a woman to submit than a man ( of this generation) to love his wife as God has commanded it.
It is also difficult for a woman not to submit to that man that loves her as God commanded.

Love her- she submits she won't even disrespect you.

And 1st Corinthians 13 also shows us characteristics of love ( maybe a part)

I see men taking this route all the time and I always tell them not to change the laws God created.
You are changing Gods laws in the bible and committing blasphemy because God never said one party must do submission or love before the other party plays their role.
Better ask God for forgiveness before he punishes you grin

If you end up having to explain to God why you didnt love your wife and you say it is because she didnt submit to you, you also have to show God the place in the bible where he said you should wait for submission before showing love.

Do you know how many times the bible has been rewritten by human beings?

Do you even know how many editions of the bible exist? Why do you think the most popular version of the bible is named after king james?
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by cattylove7(f): 10:00am On Jan 16, 2021
tasteless naija guys u kuku like mumu servant like gfs b4 u can ride on dont use this as an excuse www.cattylove.com

1 Like

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Wunna: 10:07am On Jan 16, 2021
GEEBITE:
You cant stop her from being proud of her heritage and bring properly raised.
Never quoted you man. Now go back to trying your luck if she'll give you some pussy for defending her embarassed
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by CHoccolaTE: 10:08am On Jan 16, 2021
casualj:
As a lady you must be useful in all aspects,it shouldn't be limited to the Bedroom only.
If you can't cooked as a lady,then you don't need a man.

As a man you should be useful in all aspects, if the only thing you can do is bring money then you are useless in a career womans life.

1 Like

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Wunna: 10:09am On Jan 16, 2021
Chii59:

You mean your momma's teeth?
You just confirmed you got some rake teeth. Sorry for that ma'am tongue
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by CHoccolaTE: 10:10am On Jan 16, 2021
pacespot:
The fact that someone can stoop herself low to become maid, the probability is much higher she will be a good wife.

Abi o

Stooping low to take rubbish is Nigerian men definition of good wife.

1 Like

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by CHoccolaTE: 10:11am On Jan 16, 2021
CSTRR:
If you see how poorly trained a lot of ladies are nowadays, you go shock.
Na to press phone and go on dates dem sabi.

Many ladies can't cook a perfect jollof rice.

Ordinary jollof rice.

We are not even talking the local soups.

Is it boys that are yahoo criminals and scammers that are properly raised?

1 Like

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Nobody: 10:23am On Jan 16, 2021
Wunna:
You just confirmed you got some rake teeth. Sorry for that ma'am tongue
E pain am cheesy

1 Like

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by sirdick17: 10:41am On Jan 16, 2021
TeemahBeddings:
Okkkk. Come and buy bedsheets

If you want someone who will do all your chores for you. Hire a maid. You are your partner helper. Simply because you are the man doesn't mean you should turn your wife into a slave. During our forefather's time, the sole responsibility of the woman is to hold the home front and help on the farm once in a while, the man brings the food and money to the table. But now, you want a maid and someone who brings money to the house.

Shameless bunch of men tongue

The people started when women start competing with men......they will say what man can do woman can do better
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by ALABACONNECT(m): 11:07am On Jan 16, 2021
Derrylatei:
Well written article. It's an unarguable facts that most parent makes their maid better wife material than their beloved daughters. Parent needs not to over pampered their daughter.
Well said
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by ALABACONNECT(m): 11:07am On Jan 16, 2021
They don't know what's going on cool

Well, for your affordable UK used smart TVs, soundbars and Washing machines, check my signature
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Hassanmaye(m): 11:08am On Jan 16, 2021
teacherbim:

Do you think is all about endowed? Wise men don't give a shit about that
I can honestly say they give o, why do you think most endowed girls now are rich? Men are always on Their d. M shouting, and smart among them use that to enrich themselves hmmm
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Nobody: 11:09am On Jan 16, 2021
Soon, I'll have to look for a well-mannered maid to marry.
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by AreaFada2: 11:13am On Jan 16, 2021
No surprise.
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Nobody: 11:17am On Jan 16, 2021
NoToPile:

You still don't get it and you are twisting your reply. It was a simple question - Are you ready to lay down your life for your wife as Christ did for the church?

There was a reason why husbands love your wives comes before wives submit to your husband. A woman will hardly ( genuinely) submit to a man who doesn't love ( the way christ loved the church)her

Husband will love and wife will submit its that simple.

Now I will ask clearly are you ready to lay down your life for her as Christ did for the church? I believe you have a full grasp of what Christ did for the church if yes as you have stated then you should know it might actually be easier for a woman to submit than a man ( of this generation) to love his wife as God has commanded it.
It is also difficult for a woman not to submit to that man that loves her as God commanded.

Love her- she submits she won't even disrespect you.

And 1st Corinthians 13 also shows us characteristics of love ( maybe a part)

You are a liar and you sincerely need to ask God secretly for forgiveness.

God NEVER gave a condition for the husband to love his wife, neither for the wife to submit to her husband.
It is as stated in the scriptures, with a FULLSTOP.
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by danyexcel: 11:36am On Jan 16, 2021
Reminds me of the Cinderella animation storyline
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by CHoccolaTE: 11:39am On Jan 16, 2021
JESHAL:

If you don't like it kill yourself

Lol na you go die first
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by GEEBITE: 12:08pm On Jan 16, 2021
Apologies, no harm meant. I also have no inclination towards what you wrote .You too should have allowed her freedom to indulge in self adulation.
Wunna:

Never quoted you man. Now go back to trying your luck if she'll give you some pussy for defending her embarassed
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Liposure: 12:12pm On Jan 16, 2021
CSTRR:
If you see how poorly trained a lot of ladies are nowadays, you go shock.
Na to press phone and go on dates dem sabi.

Many ladies can't cook a perfect jollof rice.

Ordinary jollof rice.

We are not even talking the local soups.
it's a shame. I feel like weeping
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Jeffy1206(m): 12:20pm On Jan 16, 2021
grin grin
GEEBITE:
She will order pizza and coke.Lol
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Osagiewangbon: 12:34pm On Jan 16, 2021
A girl can value clean heart, clean body, clean room, clean house and clean immediate environment without going to school.
A really clean and healthy girl is better than a 'smart campus girl'.
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by pacespot(m): 12:39pm On Jan 16, 2021
BigBashiru:

Nigerians and ego. Maid is a job just like other jobs there's no "stooping low" involved.

But no everyone can be a maid.
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by pacespot(m): 12:39pm On Jan 16, 2021
BigBashiru:

Nigerians and ego. Maid is a job just like other jobs there's no "stooping low" involved.

But not everyone can be a maid.
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by pacespot(m): 12:46pm On Jan 16, 2021
CHoccolaTE:

Abi o

Stooping low to take rubbish is Nigerian men definition of good wife.

Don't misquote me, I'm not saying someone has to be a maid to prove herself to be a good wife material, but we know some people can't do a maid job because of pride. And don't tell me Nigerian maids are the same with maids in advanced countries, maids are treated better in those country. But if someone can take all the sh*t that comes with being a maid in Nigeria, definitely she is close to being a wife material. But that is still not a confirmation she will be a good wife, because individual characters tend to change once they get to their comfort zone.
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by CHoccolaTE: 12:50pm On Jan 16, 2021
pacespot:

Don't misquote me, I'm not saying someone has to be a maid to prove herself to be a good wife material, but we know some people can't do a maid job because of pride. And don't tell me Nigerian maids are the same with maids in advanced countries, maids are treated better in those country. But if someone can take all the sh*t that comes with being a maid in Nigeria, definitely she is close to being a wife material. But that is still not a confirmation she will be a good wife, because individual characters tend to change once they get to their comfort zone.

Before nko?

Stooping low to take shit is Nigeria men qualification for wife material

1 Like

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Magnoliaa(f): 1:27pm On Jan 16, 2021
Blueelf:

Do not purposely misinterpret the writer's intentions. You know what he meant
You just want to bash Nigerian Men (as usual, it's getting really boring).

Moral of the story - teach your daughters to be dutiful, obedient and responsible. Don't over- pamper them.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Do you extend this misjudgment card to feminism and liberal people? Or to women who don't know how to cook or choose not to or cannot for any reason?

EVERYBODY interpreted the OP the same way - including the guys here, reason why they are kikiing all over the thread. The writeup intention is very obvious, and if not, they've twisted it to fit their parochial minds.

Teaching our daughters and neglecting the sons is what brought us here.

1 Like

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Uchemondo(m): 1:36pm On Jan 16, 2021
Its so easy that internet has made it possible for people to stay behind keyboards and be tying rubbish. If you don't have anything tangible to do, kindly move on without displaying your level of stupidity.

when your daughters will be busy riding diiicks from one person to another like monkey looking for banana!

to be honest! Naija girls are not good for marriage! not even good for fvcking undecided

there are just wasting earth space! [/quote]
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 16, 2021
teacherbim:

Do you think is all about endowed? Wise men don't give a shit about that

Then why do wise women spend so much time, effort, money and sweat on endowment? From fake lashes to plastic surgery?
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by scopusng(m): 2:29pm On Jan 16, 2021
CalliDora1:
Thank God, mum did a good job on us in the domestic area and both parents ensured we had a good and sound education.

Imagine being made to cook at the age of 10 for the whole house.. mum made sure of that and we still lived the best aje butter life ever. Now, everyone is a pro in everything.

Oga, loud it!

Story story!
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by tandoe: 2:39pm On Jan 16, 2021
chinchonglee:
Knowing how to cook and clean to me can never be a criteria to marry a girl.
What turns me on is smartness!
You are a baby boy!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Ghana: Family Reunites With 20-Year-Old Son Who Was Missing At Age 2 / My Husband Is Cheating On Me With Our Neighbor! Hurting Real Bad / Man Catches His Wife In A Hotel With Man, Says "I Have The Right To Kill You"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.