Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,244 members, 7,825,941 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters (88614 Views)

Marriage: Women Decry Lack Of Financially Eligible Suitors / How Guys Use Marriage To Plunge Themselves Into Perpetual Poverty. / "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by NamelessOGBENI(m): 2:40pm On Jan 16, 2021
Gerrard59:
This article has been recycled countless times on the FP. Don't you guys get tired?

BTW, like in most Nigerian written articles, no surveys or peer-reviewed studies on how they came about the outcome. Just vibes, cobwebs and coconut in their heads.
Just vibes, cobwebs and coconut.....

Nairaland ehnnn
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by sweetrace(f): 3:37pm On Jan 16, 2021
MLTR:

Behind a successman there is a woman ... do you still need help.

Ah! So what if the woman is the success as one can find in many homes?
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by lkillbrokehoes: 3:47pm On Jan 16, 2021
RedPanthar:
E be like say one Bobo Don carry Zzor go. This one we nor dey too see her break light tongue
If I were the mod that banned her, I would ban the account for 30 years
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Takotsubo: 3:59pm On Jan 16, 2021
This gist is recycled every 3 months,househelps someone's daughter too.

I don't know if this is supposed to make women scramble round or panic? Everyone choose your spec.

So much more to life than worrying about someone who is not on 'our daughter's ' radar marrying a "househelp".

NL is sooo extra,lol

1 Like

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Zakkyoz: 4:04pm On Jan 16, 2021
CalliDora1:
Thank God, mum did a good job on us in the domestic area and both parents ensured we had a good and sound education.

Imagine being made to cook at the age of 10 for the whole house.. mum made sure of that and we still lived the best aje butter life ever. Now, everyone is a pro in everything.

Oga, loud it!

I am interested in this last line. "Now, everyone is a pro in everything" Hope you're not a member of the SWAN?
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jan 16, 2021
Zakkyoz:

I am interested in this last line. "Now, everyone is a pro in everything" Hope you're not a member of the SWAN?

Lol..
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Lightorder: 4:18pm On Jan 16, 2021
TeemahBeddings:
congrats sir, you got yourself a luck as a wife
thanks. I always thank God. My mum in-law won’t even let my wife practice it.
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Lightorder: 4:27pm On Jan 16, 2021
CHoccolaTE:

If cooking is not such a big task then you should be able to help her with it all the time.

Also join in cleaning the house and going to market and buying foodstuffs, tomatoes, pepper etc, and running new born baby things and looking after kids because your wife is co provider.

How would you feel if your daughter marries a man she is providing for but he abandons housework for her because she is female?
didn’t you read what I wrote ? SHE SAID that it is not enough to be counted as a task for a woman. It doesn’t worth arguing about. No be to cook for her family ? So a woman who happens to be my wife said. Sometimes, I drop by her office to take her home at 10 pm. 30 minutes, she is done cooking . I have a fully grown house help , whose duty in the kitchen is preparing only indomie for the kid and warming already cooked soup from the fridge ,some times. Even when her mum came visiting, she still preferred doing the cooking herself
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Cheeryfeet: 4:51pm On Jan 16, 2021
chinchonglee:
Knowing how to cook and clean to me can never be a criteria to marry a girl.
What turns me on is smartness!
It's not about knowing how to cook and clean, it's about the character and discipline that was instilled in the person in the process of learning how to cook and clean. That's what makes the difference.

1 Like

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by ImaIma1(f): 4:54pm On Jan 16, 2021
SocialJustice:
Lala your attention is needed here.

Most parents these days fail at everything. I have friends who let their kids do whatever they want, I mean whatever. It is crazy. People think the girls above 20 are bad, just wait for the babies to turn into young women.

That said, there are beacons of light in this perpetual darkness-properly trained girls who know their place, abhor feminism and see no reason why they shouldn't be able to manage their homes.

At the bolded, it is not hard to believe. An example is the thread where a parent said their 3yr old watches cartoons till morning and they didn't know what to do. They don't realize it was what they allowed that came back to bite them.

Children need guidance, routine and not to do whatever they want.
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jan 16, 2021
sweetrace:

Ah! So what if the woman is the success as one can find in many homes?

Most women are the breadwinners yet when stingy men association came up the only response women had was pvssy lock ... why una no retaliate with money.
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by djon78(m): 5:23pm On Jan 16, 2021
CHoccolaTE:

I see men taking this route all the time and I always tell them not to change the laws God created.
You are changing Gods laws in the bible and committing blasphemy because God never said one party must do submission or love before the other party plays their role.
Better ask God for forgiveness before he punishes you grin

If you end up having to explain to God why you didnt love your wife and you say it is because she didnt submit to you, you also have to show God the place in the bible where he said you should wait for submission before showing love.

Do you know how many times the bible has been rewritten by human beings?

Do you even know how many editions of the bible exist? Why do you think the most popular version of the bible is named after king james?

But the submission comes first in Ephesians 5 chapter you quoted.

True a man should love his wife as stated but submission is also very key

In addition 1 Peter 3 also admonished women on how to respect there husband's in other to win them over

The main problem today which this article was exposing is that many so called exposed women are toxic today
So men are more wiser in selecting a spouse, not one that will mess them up.

I was talking with a friend this morning about one very successful Christian man but has big issue in marriage, was separated.

The guy made one statement, that he . married those kind of exposed girls that doesn't want to cool down. That the guy was warned but see now how it ended

That's why men are becoming wiser going for women that will give them peace of mind

The Bible knew what it was saying
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Bimpe29: 5:29pm On Jan 16, 2021
Oh my God!
What are you thinking about?
TruthHurts1:
Maybe the maids are more endowed...........

[img]https://images./6APDXnTUrjoAG63pQLCskR.gif[/img]
Are you replying out of context?
grin
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by sweetrace(f): 5:46pm On Jan 16, 2021
MLTR:

Most women are the breadwinners yet when stingy men association came up the only response women had was pvssy lock ... why una no retaliate with money.

They don’t speak for all women.

2 Likes

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by eyinjuege: 6:13pm On Jan 16, 2021
Maids are people's children too, and will definitely get suitors too, soooooo?

1 Like

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by CHoccolaTE: 6:38pm On Jan 16, 2021
djon78:

But the submission comes first in Ephesians 5 chapter you quoted.

True a man should love his wife as stated but submission is also very key

In addition 1 Peter 3 also admonished women on how to respect there husband's in other to win them over

The main problem today which this article was exposing is that many so called exposed women are toxic today
So men are more wiser in selecting a spouse, not one that will mess them up.

I was talking with a friend this morning about one very successful Christian man but has big issue in marriage, was separated.

The guy made one statement, that he . married those kind of exposed girls that doesn't want to cool down. That the guy was warned but see now how it ended

That's why men are becoming wiser going for women that will give them peace of mind

The Bible knew what it was saying

@bold
God never said wait for your wife to submit before showing her love.
Arrangement of the verses doesn't mean anything because the bible has been remixed and rearranged so many times. And by some well known misogynists eg king james.

The other parts of your post no concern me at all.

1 Like

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 16, 2021
sweetrace:

They don’t speak for all women.

lolz ! action speaks clearer than voice, to prove stingy men association don't speak for all men we had cheerfulgivers, buh what we saw after SWAN was another SWAN (silent women association of nigeria) .. silence means other women "agree". una matter naa with pinch of salt
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by sweetrace(f): 9:16pm On Jan 16, 2021
MLTR:

lolz ! action speaks clearer than voice, to prove stingy men association don't speak for all men we had cheerfulgivers, buh what we saw after SWAN was another SWAN (silent women association of nigeria) .. silence means other women "agree". una matter naa with pinch of salt

Both associations don’t speak for anybody. They are not even relevant on Nairaland. Bashing the opposite gender is plain juvenile. I am sure that is not what this thread is about.

1 Like

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by emusmithyy(m): 9:22pm On Jan 16, 2021
CalliDora1:
Thank God, mum did a good job on us in the domestic area and both parents ensured we had a good and sound education.

Imagine being made to cook at the age of 10 for the whole house.. mum made sure of that and we still lived the best aje butter life ever. Now, everyone is a pro in everything.

Oga, loud it!

Most guys can cook. It's Character
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by 2000yearsago: 9:25pm On Jan 16, 2021
When the core values attributed to a wife by our culture and religion are totally disregarded, hated and neglected by this set of girls, the outcome is what we are seen in our society even from the comments of some of them on social platforms,
little did they know that men who understood that peace in marriage can only be gotten from wives who are guided by these core values definitely go for them except for some young men who are lost in fantasy forgotten that this is the real world.

Fantasy which I defined as lies is what a Yoruba adage spoke about which says:
If lies travel for as long as
20 years, truth will catch up with it in 1 day.
Most frustrated, separated and divorced homes are product of truth catching up with the lies no matter how old the marriage has been.
My advice, use life manual to get the desired life result.
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Danosophe(m): 10:55am On Jan 17, 2021
When you daughters can't Do a quater of the house chores Done by the Housemaids, what Do you expect? Do you think a Fine Face, Good Physique and Sex alone can cause a reason Would-Be Hubby wanna marry her or becos she's from a Wealthy or Entertainer family?
Every man needs an all round comfort in his home. Not from someone who'll be married today then Parental influence and Bad Behavior will make her seek for marriage dissolution.
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Uchedizzy(f): 5:13pm On Apr 17, 2022
Maids are people's daughters too

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now / Ghana: Family Reunites With 20-Year-Old Son Who Was Missing At Age 2 / Man Catches His Wife In A Hotel With Man, Says "I Have The Right To Kill You"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.