Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,493 members, 7,861,420 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:58 AM

Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m (24761 Views)

Shell To Pay 15 Million Euros In Settlement Over Nigerian Oil Spills / Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block / Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m by prince2pac(m): 9:15pm On Jan 15, 2021
BlackfireX:
Body odour from one Sudanese grin that the yorubas put in power chasing every good thing away

Argue with the pigeons that refused to fly when they saw him

Re: Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m by SocialJustice: 9:15pm On Jan 15, 2021
blinking001:
The crude oil era is coming to an end.. I weep for my country...
Not in Africa. Backwardness of Africa makes oil viable here.

1 Like

Re: Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m by nedekid: 9:17pm On Jan 15, 2021
ATEAMS:
Sold to Fulani
I think it's elemelu
Re: Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m by mountmoriah(m): 9:21pm On Jan 15, 2021
Nigeriabiafra80:
Gradually
Disintegration of Nigeria
And elimination of crude oil era

mean while i sell hardwood for roofing contact me at my signature

we accept payment on delivery
Re: Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m by Alwaysachick: 9:23pm On Jan 15, 2021
I still remember all The zombies that said GEJ will sell all the oil blocks

Shell's share of oil block isn't it like selling Nigeria?

They have gone to their holes, nuisance
Re: Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m by Nigeriabiafra80: 9:23pm On Jan 15, 2021
mountmoriah:

mean while i sell hardwood for roofing contact me at my signature

we accept payment on delivery
And you have to quote me
Re: Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m by Flamemignon1(m): 9:23pm On Jan 15, 2021
The fruits of capitalism
Re: Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m by shiwex: 9:26pm On Jan 15, 2021
Golan007:
They are exiting.
Do you blame them. Too much unrest in Nigeria, politically Unstable country and no future for oil......every one is going electric............Soon we will be drinking our oil ourselves.
Re: Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m by Aguogba(m): 9:27pm On Jan 15, 2021
Golan007:
They are exiting.
Oil is exiting global economy. Norway produces more oil than Nigeria but from 2025 sales and production of NEW petrol and diesel cars will be banned.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m by Leemekzy: 9:28pm On Jan 15, 2021
PDJT:

-Is the owners of TNOG - Heirs holdings, not Tony Elumelu people?
HEIRS HOLDINGS is owned by TONY ELUMELU.
Re: Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m by mountmoriah(m): 9:29pm On Jan 15, 2021
Nigeriabiafra80:

And you have to quote me
sorry sir
Re: Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m by optimusprime2(m): 9:48pm On Jan 15, 2021
Yup... Elon Musk the modern day Nostradamus
Re: Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m by Ihatemumu: 10:18pm On Jan 15, 2021
Rwanda,
Ghana
South Africa

have taken the Giant of Africa title from Nigeria.

when we had a chance to fight for a better Nigeria, we allowed hatred for the Igbos (especially) to blind our minds,
if only we used our natural resources to become a world power, but greed and religion helped on to destroy it. Now how will 200 million people survive with the growing level of Terrorism and Fulani dominance, A country that 90% of its GDP comes from Crude Oil?

The brains that could have moved the nation forward all relocated to Canada, USA, Uk etc.

If you are a Muslim reading this, look deeply into yourself and ask if the Allah is Dubai is different from the Allah in Nigeria?

if you are a Christian reading this, look deeply and ask all these years of Prayer and Fasting, where has it taken us?

the only solution for Nigeria is to divide this country and let's go back to the beginning.

There was indeed a country.

SilverNorGold and Arewa, 100 years from now, you will be dead, what will the 10k APC paying you monthly to post nonsense on Nairaland build for your grandchildren?

We don't think of the future in Nigeria and other African countries have used our problem as a learning experience.

Yoruba stop seating on the fence and thinking Tinubu has your interest at heart, fight for your Oduduwa
Republic and let's build our nation. The only reason Oduduwa isn't pushing for the division as much as Biafrans are mainly because of the false sense of better economy and security, the Fulanis are buying more time and covering more landmass, only wanting for the order to strike. while we keep playing politics and focusing on 2023 Elections. the earlier we change our mindset and push for the division now, the better the lives of our children.

Igbos you need to get Biafra at all cost and reset this nation.

this will create a competition between Arewa, Oduduwa and Biafra to make use of their human resources to build a better country rather than all these nations waiting for the next oil sells.

UK, USA is not our home, our culture and tradition are dying every day.

Look at the map of Africa, it is shaped like a Gun pointing downwards, Where is the position of Nigeria on that map ( The trigger).
How did the whites get the knowledge of building a gun? stolen from Africa.

The British saw something in Nigeria that we were too blind to see? they knew Nigeria holds the key to the black race. (Other African countries might disagree with me on this), but check out the music, brains, sports( Nigeria is dominating in Africa).

Why are they always giving Nigeria loans?
Why don't CNN and BBC shows news from Nigeria?
Why are they so quick to test the Covid on Nigeria?

4 Likes

Re: Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m by tunapawizzy: 10:35pm On Jan 15, 2021
Shell dun milk us dry, they can see its almost over if not completely over
Re: Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m by Ihatemumu: 10:40pm On Jan 15, 2021
SocialJustice:
Not in Africa. Backwardness of Africa makes oil viable here.

lol, in case you don't know, a revolution is going on in Africa,
Rwanda is turning into Africa's Dubai
Kenya is investing on Technology
Ghana's economy is growing.

A lot of African countries have Oil too and a lot are in debt, the earlier you realize that there is fire on the mountain the better for us.

Nigeria has to divide now before it's too late, there is still hope , the more we delay the more Fulani is calming more land mass and terrorism is growing.

TB Joshua gave a prophecy 2013, Very soon Nigeria will drink its Oil.

1 Like

Re: Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m by SocialJustice: 10:48pm On Jan 15, 2021
Ihatemumu:

lol, in case you don't know, a revolution is going on in Africa,
Rwanda is turning into Africa's Dubai
Kenya is investing on Technology
Ghana's economy is growing.

A lot of African countries have Oil too and a lot are in debt, the earlier you realize that there is fire on the mountain the better for us.

Nigeria has to divide now before it's too late, there is still hope , the more we delay the more Fulani is calming more land mass and terrorism is growing.

TB Joshua gave a prophecy 2013, Very soon Nigeria will drink its Oil.
Hmm, I hope you're right. I no send this country again.
Re: Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m by Coldie(m): 10:49pm On Jan 15, 2021
Nigeriabiafra80:
Gradually
Mk we see na, wen I tell una say oil no fit break Nigeria una call me sabo
Re: Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m by LOVEGINO(m): 10:56pm On Jan 15, 2021
inoki247:

if iron wey don dey condemn fit dey useful to Abokii den nothing is impossible this country will surely get a buyer.
lol. U nor well
Re: Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m by wonlasewonimi: 11:00pm On Jan 15, 2021
shiwex:

Do you blame them. Too much unrest in Nigeria, politically Unstable country and no future for oil......every one is going electric............Soon we will be drinking our oil ourselves.

It's not about the unrest it's more related to shift into alternative energy.

Have you seen how fast Tesla is on a motorway? It doesn't use a drop of petrol.

1 Like

Re: Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m by int0x80(m): 11:43pm On Jan 15, 2021
E don dey happen grin grin
Re: Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m by pompeiimagnus: 12:24am On Jan 16, 2021
Starcrest1:
Wait, like they don't want to own any stake in the oil blocs anymore.

Someone should help me and decide if this is brilliant or not......

It's called divestment. When a business isn't worth the continued financial investment, you put it up for sale right away. They've made billions of $$$ from those blocs over the years anyways. Also these companies now want to be identified as "energy" companies, and no longer oil & gas companies. Look up how Statoil transitioned to Equinor, then you would understand better.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m by sylve11: 12:44am On Jan 16, 2021
Hmmm.. sad cool
Re: Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m by BaronBiafra411(m): 1:07am On Jan 16, 2021
E get company wey get the company wey get the company wey buy the oil block... grin
grin

The zoo have failed!

#ESN is here!!!

grin grin nah joke ooo grin grin lipsrsealed
Re: Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m by Ihatemumu: 1:22am On Jan 16, 2021
Ihatemumu:
Rwanda,
Ghana
South Africa

have taken the Giant of Africa title from Nigeria.

when we had a chance to fight for a better Nigeria, we allowed hatred for the Igbos (especially) to blind our minds,
if only we used our natural resources to become a world power, but greed and religion helped in destroying it. Now how will 200 million people survive with the growing level of Terrorism and Fulani dominance, A country that 90% of its GDP comes from Crude Oil?

The brains that could have moved the nation forward all relocated to Canada, USA, Uk etc.

If you are a Muslim reading this, look deeply into yourself and ask if the Allah is Dubai is different from the Allah in Nigeria?

if you are a Christian reading this, look deeply and ask all these years of Prayer and Fasting, where has it taken us?

the only solution for Nigeria is to divide this country and let's go back to the beginning.

There was indeed a country.

SilverNorGold and Arewa, 100 years from now, you will be dead, what will the 10k APC paying you monthly to post nonsense on Nairaland build for your grandchildren?

We don't think of the future in Nigeria and other African countries have used our problem as a learning experience.

Yoruba stop seating on the fence and thinking Tinubu has your interest at heart, fight for your Oduduwa
Republic and let's build our nation. The only reason Oduduwa isn't pushing for the division as much as Biafrans are mainly because of the false sense of better economy and security, the Fulanis are buying more time and covering more landmass, only wanting for the order to strike. while we keep playing politics and focusing on 2023 Elections. the earlier we change our mindset and push for the division now, the better the lives of our children.

Igbos you need to get Biafra at all cost and reset this nation.

this will create a competition between Arewa, Oduduwa and Biafra to make use of their human resources to build a better country rather than all these nations waiting for the next oil sells.

UK, USA is not our home, our culture and tradition are dying every day.

Look at the map of Africa, it is shaped like a Gun pointing downwards, Where is the position of Nigeria on that map ( The trigger).
How did the whites get the knowledge of building a gun? stolen from Africa.

The British saw something in Nigeria that we were too blind to see? they knew Nigeria holds the key to the black race. (Other African countries might disagree with me on this), but check out the music, brains, sports( Nigeria is dominating in Africa).

Why are they always giving Nigeria loans?
Why don't CNN and BBC shows news from Nigeria?
Why are they so quick to test the Covid on Nigeria?

Re: Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m by COMPAQ(m): 1:54am On Jan 16, 2021
owobokiri:
These are oil wells awarded to these oil companies! It doesn't belong to them! It belongs to the country! They have no right to sell oil wells. It's only in Nigeria that this is done!

Oga, don’t say what you don’t know enough about. She’ll is selling IT’S INTEREST in the JV. In this particular JV, FG equity through NNPC is 55%, Shell is 30%, Total is 10% while Agip is 5%. All parties contribute cash to run the business is that same ratio every year. Produced oil is also shared in that ratio.

What it means that investments that have been made over the years within that OML are partly owned by Shell to the tune of 30% and that stake can be sold.

So for the uneducated, when ever you see Nigeria produces 2mln barrels, only about 55% of that goes to FG directly. The other partners carry their own oil and sell by themselves to their own pocket. The oil wells however remain where they are.

There is nothing new or strange about it. Oil companies the world over sell stakes, while others buy them, so please stop with the it doesn’t happen anywhere else crap.

2 Likes

Re: Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m by COMPAQ(m): 1:59am On Jan 16, 2021
Flytime:
exactly,for shell to sell its shares especially in a country they are cashing out big time from through illegal activities.There must be more to the story

Nothing illegal about Shell operations. Amazing that rather than hold your corrupt leaders to account, you find it easy to blame a company that pays 85% of its profit as petroleum profit tax.
Re: Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m by SmartPolician: 2:16am On Jan 16, 2021
nuti:
TNOG?.... grin grin grin that is china my dear friends!
Its over slowly for this country

The statement said it's related to Heirs Holdings and Transcorp.

That's Tony Elumelu.

Where did that man make all that mad money from?
Re: Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m by Nchenches: 2:21am On Jan 16, 2021
PDJT:
-And the new “owner” will be extremely willing to sponsor the terrorist Nigerian soldiers and police to slaughter any local who dare try to stop their exploitation of the land. grin

Ha ha ha.

Do you think that the black skinned people in Nigeria of Africa understand that their country is the most dysfunctional country in the world?

What matters to them is which tribe takes presidency of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m by Nchenches: 2:28am On Jan 16, 2021
blinking001:
The crude oil era is coming to an end.. I weep for my country...

Let crude oil era go completely so that militant Islamism of neocolonialism shall go from Nigeria.
Re: Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m by Latvin: 3:11am On Jan 16, 2021
pompeiimagnus:

It's called divestment. When a business isn't worth the continued financial investment, you put it up for sale right away. They've made billions of $$$ from those blocs over the years anyways. Also these companies now want to be identified as "energy" companies, and no longer oil & gas companies. Look up how Statoil transitioned to Equinor, then you would understand better.

Don't mind them. Too much ignorance within our population. I bet as soon as Tony Elumelu's name came up as owner of Heir's Holdings, the noise around Northerners/Fulanis quietened a bit.

Divesting by selling your shares in a venture is nothing new, happens in every business sector and in every country. There has been several of such divestments in Nigeria's oil and gas sector in the past. It started around 2008-2010 when this same Shell sold its stake in their Western operations. Chevron, AGIP, TOTAL and others have done similar things since then.

Those companies realise that they have a lot of assets and can't possibly make the required investments in all of them, so they concentrate their efforts in areas where they have more advantage and can make more money. Often times, these are blocks where they have significant presence on land but where vandalism, community unrest, crude theft and other vices hamper their abilities to operate effectively. Local companies are better at managing such issues and they also benefit by getting into the oil and gas production business thereby encouraging transfer of knowhow to the locals. It is a win-win situation and life continues. The Majors are not leaving the country, just refocusing their efforts in areas where they can do better.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m by Gamesmart: 3:29am On Jan 16, 2021
BlackfireX:
Body odour from one Sudanese grin that the yorubas put in power chasing every good thing away

Argue with the pigeons that refused to fly when they saw him

Nigeriabiafra80:
Gradually

nuti:
TNOG?.... grin grin grin that is china my dear friends!
Its over slowly for this country

inoki247:
Make dem sell d country too make everybody colet dere own shares..

ATEAMS:
Sold to Fulani

These are fine examples of the vast number of retardded "yoots" we have in Nigeria and their foolish opinions.

Low IQ things that like to share their junk, unreasoned opinions.

Unemployable junks!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naira Redesign: Nigerians Will Fill Uncountable Forms To Withdraw Large Amounts / Lagos State Shuts Alade Market This Morning / I Want To Start Playing Baba Ijebu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.