Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,184 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:42 AM

Man Arrested With Loaded Gun and Fake Inauguration Credentials In Washington - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Man Arrested With Loaded Gun and Fake Inauguration Credentials In Washington (30341 Views)

Thousands March For Gaza In Washington, DC (Video, Photos) / Trump Cheered As He Drives Through "MILLION MAGA MARCH" Rally In Washington DC / George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Arrested With Loaded Gun and Fake Inauguration Credentials In Washington by Shuzzi(m): 9:30pm On Jan 16, 2021
A Virginia man has been arrested for allegedly trying to enter through a Washington DC checkpoint armed with a gun, 500 rounds of ammunition and fake credentials, according to a report.

Wesley Allen Beeler, from Front Royal, Virginia, was arrested Friday evening as he tried to make his way through security checkpoints in downtown DC that have been erected ahead of Joe Biden's inauguration, CNN reported.

The outlet cited a police report and a law enforcement source which said Beeler drove his pick-up truck to a checkpoint at North Capitol and E Street NE close to the Capitol just after 6:30 p.m.

He tried to get passed cops by flashing the fraudulent inauguration documents but was stopped by officers.

Police later found the firearm and ammunition in his vehicle.

The close call comes just one week after the Capitol became the site of a violent siege that left five dead.

Unprecedented levels of protection have been set up around the Capitol in the wake of the attack to prevent a possible invasion on inauguration day.

Beeler allegedly arrived at the checkpoint just north of the Capitol building Friday evening and showed officers his fake inauguration credentials in an effort to get inside the perimeter.

Officers asked the suspect if he had any weapons to which he admitted he was carrying a Glock semi-automatic pistol in the armrest of his truck, the source told CNN.

Police then uncovered the handgun and found it was pre-loaded with 17 rounds of ammunition and a round chamber ready to fire, the source said.

The police report seen by the outlet says officers found the pistol, 509 rounds of ammunition, shotgun shells and a handgun magazine.

It is not clear what Beeler was planning to do once inside the secured perimeter.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9155125/Virginia-man-arrested-trying-enter-DC-checkpoint-gun-ammunition-fake-credentials.html

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Arrested With Loaded Gun and Fake Inauguration Credentials In Washington by LMS1(m): 9:37pm On Jan 16, 2021
Haa! I Fear O, I Think Say Na Virgina Man I Read!

in other words if it was in Nigeria with just N200 gbagam the guy for don successfully smuggle am enter north!

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Arrested With Loaded Gun and Fake Inauguration Credentials In Washington by Freestainworld(m): 10:03pm On Jan 16, 2021
They should incarcerate him before it is too late

3 Likes

Re: Man Arrested With Loaded Gun and Fake Inauguration Credentials In Washington by espn(m): 10:19pm On Jan 16, 2021
Eyan trump...

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Arrested With Loaded Gun and Fake Inauguration Credentials In Washington by Nobody: 2:07am On Jan 17, 2021
The Divided States of America, I hope they won't spend the next 4 years blaming Trump the same way the vegetable and the midget have been blaming PDP for their failures.

85 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Man Arrested With Loaded Gun and Fake Inauguration Credentials In Washington by b0rn2fuck(m): 4:54am On Jan 17, 2021
This Trump get Nigeria DNA

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested With Loaded Gun and Fake Inauguration Credentials In Washington by macolino(m): 4:56am On Jan 17, 2021
America and their wahala
Re: Man Arrested With Loaded Gun and Fake Inauguration Credentials In Washington by MajorOvakporaye(f): 4:57am On Jan 17, 2021
TRUMP WE KNOW
TRUMP WE STAND WITH

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Arrested With Loaded Gun and Fake Inauguration Credentials In Washington by SooCute(m): 4:57am On Jan 17, 2021
The USA is gradually loosing it. I was discussing Trump issue at lunch; told my colleague i have my family there and i visit....he exclaimed "and you survived?" I live in EU. Hearing this from an European who isn´t "fantastic" got me ruminating on that phrase since Friday.

Being Black...

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Arrested With Loaded Gun and Fake Inauguration Credentials In Washington by joseph1832(m): 4:57am On Jan 17, 2021
Okay. Atleast now we're starting to know not every American is peace loving, just like they want us to believe using the media.

5 Likes

Re: Man Arrested With Loaded Gun and Fake Inauguration Credentials In Washington by Xisnin(m): 5:00am On Jan 17, 2021
Karlovic:
The Divided States of America, I hope they won't spend the next 4 years blaming Trump the same way the vegetable and the midget have been blaming PDP for their failures.
Same way Trump was blaming Obama for his coronavirus response?
Fortunately, most Americans(even Trump supporters) aren't like Trump.
They may complain or oppose policies of certain parties or candidates but expecting to be
spoonfed and blaming the past officials for their personal failure is not what they do.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Arrested With Loaded Gun and Fake Inauguration Credentials In Washington by possibility99: 5:01am On Jan 17, 2021
I smell danger.

2 Likes

Re: Man Arrested With Loaded Gun and Fake Inauguration Credentials In Washington by TruthSeeker1: 5:01am On Jan 17, 2021
c
Re: Man Arrested With Loaded Gun and Fake Inauguration Credentials In Washington by Nobody: 5:01am On Jan 17, 2021
Americans and violence are 5 and 6. Half of the problem in this world is caused by the American government. Quote me at your own peril wink wink wink

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Arrested With Loaded Gun and Fake Inauguration Credentials In Washington by Racoon(m): 5:02am On Jan 17, 2021
Nigerian DSS should learn something.

2 Likes

Re: Man Arrested With Loaded Gun and Fake Inauguration Credentials In Washington by sholamat: 5:03am On Jan 17, 2021
On God

2 Likes

Re: Man Arrested With Loaded Gun and Fake Inauguration Credentials In Washington by ElValiente(m): 5:05am On Jan 17, 2021
They don't Take bribe. If na motherland. Rip president grin grin

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested With Loaded Gun and Fake Inauguration Credentials In Washington by Musty112: 5:05am On Jan 17, 2021
Re: Man Arrested With Loaded Gun and Fake Inauguration Credentials In Washington by thaoriginator: 5:10am On Jan 17, 2021

Batty man Trump!

Everybody know say Kimani addi top shotta and Jamaica know say the Genna addi banger..

Banga man ah banga!
Re: Man Arrested With Loaded Gun and Fake Inauguration Credentials In Washington by nikdam: 5:10am On Jan 17, 2021
I am scared for this incoming administration. Trump has succeeded in making sure that he eft behind a seriously divided America for them. I just pray neither Biden nor Harris is ended up being assassi **ted. undecided undecided

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested With Loaded Gun and Fake Inauguration Credentials In Washington by Yankee101: 5:12am On Jan 17, 2021
All evil plans will be disrupted

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested With Loaded Gun and Fake Inauguration Credentials In Washington by Oyiboman69: 5:12am On Jan 17, 2021
I
No time for foreign issues
Re: Man Arrested With Loaded Gun and Fake Inauguration Credentials In Washington by Nobody: 5:12am On Jan 17, 2021
Mayhem
Trump's people are not backing down anytime soon

3 Likes

Re: Man Arrested With Loaded Gun and Fake Inauguration Credentials In Washington by recievesense: 5:24am On Jan 17, 2021
He is a security guard working around the capitol

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Arrested With Loaded Gun and Fake Inauguration Credentials In Washington by UncommonLogic: 5:26am On Jan 17, 2021
Another one of Trump's white racist xtian terrorists.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Arrested With Loaded Gun and Fake Inauguration Credentials In Washington by Nobody: 5:26am On Jan 17, 2021
A Virginia man has been arrested for allegedly trying to enter through a Washington DC checkpoint armed with a gun, 500 rounds of ammunition and fake credentials, according to a report.

Was he going to fight a war or what? sad

3 Likes

Re: Man Arrested With Loaded Gun and Fake Inauguration Credentials In Washington by TalkTalkTwins(m): 5:26am On Jan 17, 2021
E be things.. shocked

I opened the news thinking it was a Nigerian involved.
We have been vindicated again!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested With Loaded Gun and Fake Inauguration Credentials In Washington by UncommonLogic: 5:29am On Jan 17, 2021
Karlovic:

Just like the IPIG miscreants blames Buhari everyday for their sorry miserable low lives.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested With Loaded Gun and Fake Inauguration Credentials In Washington by Nobody: 5:29am On Jan 17, 2021
It will get worse.

Stay home and if you must go out, avoid crowded areas even the long lines at Starbucks coffee, McDonald's etc drive-thrus.

This is for Nigerians living in the States.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Arrested With Loaded Gun and Fake Inauguration Credentials In Washington by Atheistan: 5:31am On Jan 17, 2021
Make dem no turn America to Mogadishu.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Protesters Storms Venezuela National Assembly, Beat Politicians To Pulp(photos) / Iran Vows To Deploy 'weapons It Has Never Used If Israel Launches Retaliatory St / China’s President Xi Calls Putin "Dear Friend" As They Meet In Moscow (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.