Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World (21361 Views)

Austin Ejide Targets Super Eagles Return After Six Years / Promise Vincent Enyeama To Husband: 'Freezing Cold But I've Got You My Warmer' / Austin Ejide's Sister, Ijeoma Ejide Is Dead (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by robosky02(m): 12:48pm On Jan 17, 2021
Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World

Vincent Enyeama says former Super Eagles teammate Austin Ejide played a big part in making him one of the best goalkeepers in the world.

Enyeama and Ejide had a healthy rivalry during their time as Super Eagles goalkeepers.

However, Ejide always played second fiddle to Enyeama during qualifiers and at major tournaments.

Ejide was second choice behind Enyeama at the 2004, 2006, 2010 and 2013 Africa Cup of Nations.

At the 2008 AFCON in Ghana, Ejide got the nod over Enyeama as first choice under the reign of Berti Vogts.

Both former internationals were at the World Cups in 2002, 2010 and 2014 with Enyeama seeing action in all three tournaments.

And reflecting on their time in the national team, the 2003 and 2004 CAF Champions League winner with Enyimba, who published a picture of Ejide and himself on his verified Twitter handle, wrote:”This man made one of the best goalies in the world. His qualities pushed me to the top.”

https://www.completesports.com/enyeama-ejide-contributed-to-me-being-one-of-the-best-goalkeepers-in-the-world/

8 Likes

Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by paulolee(m): 12:54pm On Jan 17, 2021
these guys eeh, i really remember watching both of them competing seriously for who would be the first choice before each match,
as fans back then, we do anticipate who starts each match because both of them were superb BUT enyeama always gets the nod because of his sharp reflex and experience playing in foreign league back then..
not this days that we have jokers as keepers, I stopped taking our goalies serious after that last minute mahrez goal dumped us in afcon...
that goal was too cheap because of that our rookie keeper, such kinda goal can't beat an enyeama or ejide or even vanzekin..

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by osamz007: 1:18pm On Jan 17, 2021
WHICH WORLD IS HE TALKING ABOUT

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by mabea: 2:06pm On Jan 17, 2021
I love it when people see challenges as an opportunity to rise. Some narrow minded ones would have resorted to jealousy and envy but Vin chose to make the most out of it by seeing it as an opportunity to be the best and indeed he was one of the best.

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by mabea: 2:07pm On Jan 17, 2021
osamz007:
Come on ! he truly was one of the best in his time.

113 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by robosky02(m): 3:41pm On Jan 17, 2021
osamz007:

He has his world

Not yours....

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by MrOjay1(m): 11:50pm On Jan 17, 2021
Direct competition brings out the best of one's ability

6 Likes

Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by Seyi8750: 4:46am On Jan 18, 2021
Ok ooo

Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by xcesspaschal(m): 4:46am On Jan 18, 2021
Thanks for acknowledging.

2 Likes

Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by FalseProphet1(m): 4:47am On Jan 18, 2021
I see them becoming friends.
Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by simplyesther(f): 4:47am On Jan 18, 2021
Enyeama was a great goalie

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by MajorOvakporaye(f): 4:47am On Jan 18, 2021
All dis indomie children nor go know wetin Enyeama do for super eagles
Small children dem

55 Likes

Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by Gten(m): 4:49am On Jan 18, 2021
Best in the world?
Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by femmoy(m): 4:53am On Jan 18, 2021
osamz007:

bad belle,you are noticed.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:54am On Jan 18, 2021
By keeping him on the bench grin
Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by banmee(m): 4:55am On Jan 18, 2021
osamz007:

You must be young. Enyeama was exceptional in his day.

52 Likes

Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by Samakus(m): 4:55am On Jan 18, 2021
Gten:
Best in the world?

Yes! One of the best then. Enyeama was among the top 20 in the world then. Clubs were looking at him after his heroics against Argentina at the world cup

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by Enudapan: 4:57am On Jan 18, 2021
NAH eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

Shey nah this world wey we dey,
Enyeama the talk about
Or is there any other world

Maybe in his fantasy world!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by servicesales: 4:59am On Jan 18, 2021
noted, keeping is not easy
Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by Top1gun: 5:01am On Jan 18, 2021
Story for the dogs. We all know super eagle slot na by sentiment or money now. No point wasting time begginh to be played when other European countries will die to pay handsomely for that.
Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by femi4: 5:06am On Jan 18, 2021
osamz007:
indomie generation

He was no1 in France at a time

Only Nigeria gk nominated for APOTY

39 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by atimadesign(m): 5:08am On Jan 18, 2021
Charity begins at home,Then African Continent before Global world,Why are you skipping the ranks? angry lipsrsealed
Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by niletalo: 5:08am On Jan 18, 2021
u go c am as ur number one enemy back den
Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by Hologram0t: 5:11am On Jan 18, 2021
I love Vincent enyeama

3 Likes

Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by optimusprime2(m): 5:13am On Jan 18, 2021
I remember a certain worldcup when Enyeama stopped a certain Argentina from scoring 8 straight goals ... that dude was using some serious sorcery in that match

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by Mindlog: 5:24am On Jan 18, 2021
mabea:
I love it when people see challenges as an opportunity to rise. Some narrow minded ones would have resorted to jealousy and envy but Vin chose to make the most out of it by seeing it as an opportunity to be the best and indeed he was one of the best.

Well captured.

3 Likes

Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by Jeezuzpick(m): 5:28am On Jan 18, 2021
optimusprime2:
I remember a certain worldcup when Enyeama stopped a certain Argentina from scoring 8 straight goals ... that dude was using some serious sorcery in that match

The guy frustrated the life out of Messi.

Leo couldn't even score a direct header with no one between him and Vincent.

At a point he even made fun of Messi, who just had to laugh along.

Only kids don't know Vincent was really good.

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by AwesomeStormy00(m): 5:28am On Jan 18, 2021
optimusprime2:

Seriously i think you are joking
Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by ayenale1(m): 5:31am On Jan 18, 2021
No Nigeria keeper better pass Vincent argue till u die...

18 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NFL Player LeSan McCoy Accused Of Assaulting His Girlfriend, Child And Dog. Pics / Nigeria Vs South Africa: Probable Line Up / EPL: Roy Keane Names Three Things Manchester United Need After 4-0 Loss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.