Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,951 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World (21357 Views)

Austin Ejide Targets Super Eagles Return After Six Years / Promise Vincent Enyeama To Husband: 'Freezing Cold But I've Got You My Warmer' / Austin Ejide's Sister, Ijeoma Ejide Is Dead (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by Kingof2nations(m): 7:17am On Jan 18, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

You think it is easy for an African goalkeeper to even play in a top tier league in Europe?

Before Enyeama, how many African goalkeepers played top tier competition in Europe?

if calm down there's
kameni played 4 espanol in Spain
Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by Alphasoar(m): 7:20am On Jan 18, 2021
osamz007:
WHICH WORLD IS HE TALKING ABOUT
Stop hating for real... Enyeama is one of the best goalie of this world.

2 Likes

Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by Dantedasz(m): 7:24am On Jan 18, 2021
Samakus:

Yes! One of the best then. Enyeama was among the top 20 in the world then. Clubs were looking at him after his heroics against Argentina at the world cup

Stop it oga,
Vincent Enyeama was NEVER among the top 20 best goalkeepers in the world at anytime during his whole career.
Maybe in the African continent but NEVER in the world!!!
Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by KingLion007(m): 7:24am On Jan 18, 2021
osamz007:
Take it or leave .Enyeama was one of the finest keepers in the world.The Goat himself "MESSI" attest to that.
Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by Dantedasz(m): 7:26am On Jan 18, 2021
femi4:
indomie generation

He was no1 in France at a time

Only Nigeria gk nominated for APOTY

Farmers league....
Please stop the exaggeration...
Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by KingLion007(m): 7:27am On Jan 18, 2021
Mindlog:

Well captured.
Spot on Mate!
Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by Livefreeordieha(m): 7:31am On Jan 18, 2021
MajorOvakporaye:
All dis indomie children nor go know wetin Enyeama do for super eagles
Small children dem
even the adult children sef nor go acknowledge an because of his lack of pot belly and no family drama on Instagram, not sharing money on Facebook etc just do ur thing jejely for diz country if not dem go tamper with ur sanity and den boom u go be reason from right to left in sequence �
Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by Awoo88: 7:37am On Jan 18, 2021
AwesomeStormy00:

Seriously i think you are joking
No jokes. The commentators were shouting "what do Messi have to do to get pass the Nigeria Goal keeper"
Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by Victorclean1: 7:37am On Jan 18, 2021
The truth is that both represented Nigeria very well and were paid same amount of money

In their various clubs , they did well as well. A nice career for both of them

1 Like

Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by femi4: 7:46am On Jan 18, 2021
Dantedasz:

Farmers league....
Please stop the exaggeration...
Farmers league in Ucl final last season
Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by freeman67: 8:10am On Jan 18, 2021
Dantedasz:

Stop it oga,
Vincent Enyeama was NEVER among the top 20 best goalkeepers in the world at anytime during his whole career.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sportsration.com/no-debate-vincent-enyeama-is-nigerias-best-ever-goalkeeper/amp/

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/27392016
Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:22am On Jan 18, 2021
Kingof2nations:

if calm down there's
kameni played 4 espanol in Spain

I asked how many?

What you people don't know is that it is very hard for African goalkeepers to get trials in Europe, let alone enjoy top-tier football.

If it is hard for other goalkeepers, it is ten times harder for African goalkeepers.

You just have to be world-class to get up there, which is what Enyeama was.
Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by mamajaz(f): 8:33am On Jan 18, 2021
iboboyswag:
But thinking of this now, I can't help but wonder what caused the degradation in our team squad.

There are no exceptional players anymore... Nothing to look forward to, no one to cheer with our full chest.

Boss, no think am far, the same thing wey make pigeons no fly in naija, nah him oh. People wey dey helms of affairs nah something else oh.
Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by Glaswegian: 8:51am On Jan 18, 2021
anochuko01:

How old are you again? Just google Messi vs enyeama. At some point, there were strong rumours of arsenal wanting to buy him. His only crime was being an African who began his career back here, unlike the Mendy and onana who grew up in France and Holland, and we're exposed to international football at early ages.

Enyeama was very good, but pls let’s not fabricate excuse. Onana was born in Cameroun.
Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by odomanis: 9:01am On Jan 18, 2021
Gten:
Best in the world?

Enyeama was truly one of the best goalies in the world.
Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 18, 2021
iboboyswag:

This one... The Goal keeper with one of the longest cleansheets in a European League. He was one match shy of breaking a record.

If I remember correctly, 21 matches without conceding a goal.

I think it was even an owngoal that prevented him from breaking the record. Up till now I dey suspect the teammate.

3 Likes

Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by anochuko01(m): 9:17am On Jan 18, 2021
Glaswegian:

Enyeama was very good, but pls let’s not fabricate excuse. Onana was born in Cameroun.

onana entered europe when he was 13 years or so.... what year did enyeama enter europe? there is no excuse anywhere.
Enyeama would have gotten more recognition if he was white or entered europe earlier. he almost broke the record for consecutive clean sheets in the history of the French league and was also the number one penalty taker for his Israeli's club at some point. Easily the best keeper in Africa during his time, together with kameni.
Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by broadman20: 9:35am On Jan 18, 2021
osamz007:

This one is seriously suffering from SLAVE MENTALITY.......Be delivered by Fire by force.
Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by uglodoh(f): 9:37am On Jan 18, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

Dosu Joseph was not that good.

I do not know why that Dosu was that celebrated. To me I preferred Emmanuel Babayaro to him as at then. The same scenario played out between Enyeama and Ejide. Ejide was the first choice goal keeper at the 2002 world cup. Just because of Enyeama's Superb performance in the match against England at the world was what made him one of the best goalkeepers Nigeria would ever have.
Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by Peters1234: 9:50am On Jan 18, 2021
paulolee:
these guys eeh, i really remember watching both of them compete to mount the goalie, we do watch out for who starts each match because both of them were superb BT enyeama always gets the nod because of his sharp reflex and experience playing in foreign league..
not this days that we have jokers as keepers, I stopped taking our goalies serious after that last minute mahrez goal dumped us in afcon..dt goal was too cheap because of the rookie keeper
we no have IT goal keepers grin
Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by optimusprime2(m): 9:51am On Jan 18, 2021
AwesomeStormy00:

Seriously i think you are joking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biKYYW7lYxY

Please rate this Enyeama in this game... dude frustrated Messi hands down
Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by robosky02(m): 10:15am On Jan 18, 2021
MajorOvakporaye:
Small children dem

So you don't old abi
Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by IgboWarlord(m): 10:16am On Jan 18, 2021
Vincent was one of the best in his time..When Jens Lehmann retired,he was among the candidates Arsenal wanted to get as replacement..He was actually the best goalkeeper in Ligue1 for a solid 2 seasons at least..Definitely one of the greats..
Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by Ausval: 10:33am On Jan 18, 2021
Are you aware he won player of the season in ligue 1 and footballer of the year in Israel .are you also aware he scored 9 goals for Hapoel Tel Aviv between 2007-2011..i guess your answer is no .
osamz007:

1 Like

Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by AFONJACOW(m): 10:40am On Jan 18, 2021
DarkJeddi:
You must be confusing Enyeama with your village Goalkeeper.. shocked
i must be confusing him with otu nnegi that why she couldn't fatch efulefu like u and conceived u
Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by Jimmy231: 10:50am On Jan 18, 2021
MajorOvakporaye:
Small children dem
I'm sure you have not heard of Peter rufai , baruwa ,
Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by fuke(m): 11:40am On Jan 18, 2021
paulolee:
these guys eeh, i really remember watching both of them competing seriously for who would be the first choice before each match,
as fans back then, we do anticipate who starts each match because both of them were superb BUT enyeama always gets the nod because of his sharp reflex and experience playing in foreign league back then..
not this days that we have jokers as keepers, I stopped taking our goalies serious after that last minute mahrez goal dumped us in afcon...
that goal was too cheap because of that our rookie keeper, such kinda goal can't beat an enyeama or ejide or even vanzekin..

You are right.
That goal pissed me off.
The keeper was just rooted on a spot.
Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by pheesayor(m): 11:54am On Jan 18, 2021
you're right, even Messi can confirm this
mabea:
Come on ! he truly was one of the best in his time.
Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by hstar: 12:21pm On Jan 18, 2021
paulolee:
these guys eeh, i really remember watching both of them competing seriously for who would be the first choice before each match,
as fans back then, we do anticipate who starts each match because both of them were superb BUT enyeama always gets the nod because of his sharp reflex and experience playing in foreign league back then..
not this days that we have jokers as keepers, I stopped taking our goalies serious after that last minute mahrez goal dumped us in afcon...
that goal was too cheap because of that our rookie keeper, such kinda goal can't beat an enyeama or ejide or even vanzekin..
I agree

Did you watch the friendly match we played against Argentina prior to the world cup?

They actually scored that our yeye keeper one cheap free kick like dat

That was when I knew he wasn't good, because it was very glaring that he's confused
Re: Enyeama: Ejide Contributed To Me Being One Of The Best Goalkeepers In The World by optimusprime2(m): 12:26pm On Jan 18, 2021
Dantedasz:

Stop it oga,
What stopped Enyeama from getting into big clubs was actually his height... coaches were not convinced but that guy was one of the best in the world no cap

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anthony Joshua Will Beat Fury Because He Is Physically Superior - David Haye / NFL Player LeSan McCoy Accused Of Assaulting His Girlfriend, Child And Dog. Pics / Nigeria Vs South Africa: Probable Line Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.