Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,814 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet (5711 Views)

Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion / Mode Nine And Rap / 50 Cent Vs Eedris Abdulkareem,whom Do U Support? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by ruz(m): 10:19am On Apr 02, 2011
Belinda Lyrics:
Verse1:
Belinda baby, na you i go marry,
Everytime in ma mind, i be watching zacky, nancy, patrick,
Marry am, carry am, take am dash am now if u want am,
I grab this microphone then i feel this minim o,
Let this hang around a mini minim o
I got this comb, comb just to keep ur heads grow,
Lyrical physical masterplan u cant stop this flow,
U and u and u, me and u and u can go
I dont play with ho'es i love these girls from home
Linda, Fimba, Suzan, Hannah, no no Belinda
Step on this girl them a feel wise up
She can only be my future girl right yo
Why u dey pose i go tell Fryoo
Im this black brother frm Nigeria, im superior, not inferior, u better get serious
Verse2:
Every now and then they say love is blind
Even though  e stay gboin gboin
I thank you im not a psycho
i know samaco
playing piccadilly like my main gee wackojacko
Looking in the eyes of the ladies now,
U and u and u wanna marry me now
Im not a zaki
Im just around the microphone to make u happy
Na me go marry am, she no go carry am
Come come carry am, haba mallam kadaina haka
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by mikuz(m): 12:50pm On Apr 02, 2011
this guy na comedian !
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by tosinaded(m): 5:39pm On Apr 02, 2011
Eedris aint a lyricist! but a legend, like it or not

withs hits like jagajaga, oko ahsewo, mr lecturer etc!
Edrees na confirm legend for naija. . . .

Some artists now will neva have hits like dem songs that Edrees put out way back!
put Edrees on stage today and the crowd will go wild. . . .
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by BabaEleko(m): 8:59pm On Apr 02, 2011
^^^^ orie pe jorr tosin.
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by afinii: 10:21pm On Apr 02, 2011
Eedris? Not too sure about this one oh. He is just an artist who has had a few hits. Takes more than that to become a legend.
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by BabaEleko(m): 4:35am On Apr 03, 2011
^^^ He had a few hit!? Well, name any naija artiste that has mad street hit like Oko asewo, jaga jaga, Mr Lecturer, Shakomo, Belinda etc. You need to see Eedris on stage even now that he aint gat hit. U go fear fear mehn!
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by abdurrazaq(m): 11:16am On Apr 03, 2011
Eedris is not a lyricist, fact. He has manage to societal related messages in raw means without losing the touch with making hits in years. The timing of his career is also a factor that will make him an unforgetable symbol in the history of Nigerian Modern Music.

I stand corrected but, I think it's safe to call him a Legend. He deserve it. Like rightly pointed out above he has had hits in the past, hits that had either earn him a bad boy label or diehard fans.
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by tosinaded(m): 12:14pm On Apr 03, 2011
Songs that wil neva die
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by LoveKing(m): 2:05pm On Apr 03, 2011
@topic

legend? LOL
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by BabaEleko(m): 3:32pm On Apr 03, 2011
^^^Yes! Legend!!
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by seedord247(m): 3:55pm On Apr 03, 2011
More than a legen to me . . . . . they just kill this Guy spirit . . . . well sha Igi Aruwe
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by yoji: 8:56am On Apr 04, 2011
Legendry status is defined by d impact of ur career not but lyrics alone. And dats y in football terms, Garba lawal wit less skills dan ikedia will foreva be rated way higher cos he had more impact!
Therefore eedris is a confirmed LEGEND!! He didn't just have hits, but megahits dat defined an era.
His followin from lagos to kano remains solidly behind him over d yrs
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by Chuks84(m): 3:17pm On Apr 04, 2011
Chai! Those lyrics wan kill me die oooo, the funny thing is dat we all enjoyed it those day cos we didn't know beta, I remembered thinkin to my self that eedris was one of the best rappers in the country intil i listened closely to his lyrics. But jokes apart, the guy is plain wack!
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by naijangel7(f): 6:10pm On Apr 04, 2011
One of the worst musicians Nigeria ever produced. Legend ke? After Rugged Man came and pointed out that Eedris wasn't saying words in his "raps" but just jigbiri glaggity glack, he started singing lol! Mr. Lecturer was his only good song ever.
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by ruz(m): 6:17pm On Apr 04, 2011
Just picked this off ikechukwu's twitter:
@ikechukwukillz: lmao, U must be mad RT @omolexy: #ItisImpossibleToSay if @ikechukwukillz was better than Eedris Abdulkarim, They both rap the same way
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by tosinaded(m): 7:55pm On Apr 04, 2011
naijangel7:

One of the worst musicians Nigeria ever produced. Legend ke? After Rugged Man came and pointed out that Eedris wasn't saying words in his "raps" but just jigbiri glaggity glack, he started singing lol! Mr. Lecturer was his only good song ever.

u dnt know nothing about Nigerian music!
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by naijangel7(f): 8:54pm On Apr 04, 2011
tosinaded@:

u dnt know nothing about Nigerian music!

I agree, you know more. so in your opinion Eedris is "A super lyricist and Rap Vet"? what does he rap? Compared to who? When it comes to music, don't even go there with me.

This is the only person i know that Eedris sounds better than grin grin grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3y1WNX8XLc
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by tosinaded(m): 9:19pm On Apr 04, 2011
naijangel7:

I agree, you know more. so in your opinion Eedris is "A super lyricist and Rap Vet"? what does he rap? Compared to who? When it comes to music, don't even go there with me.

This is the only person i know that Eedris sounds better than grin grin grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3y1WNX8XLc

the day ur fav rapper in naija now, has a bigger song than Jaga Jaga or oko asewo. . . come back and holla at me!
he's a legend in the naija music scene
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by tosinaded(m): 9:50pm On Apr 04, 2011
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by tosinaded(m): 9:52pm On Apr 04, 2011
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by tosinaded(m): 9:53pm On Apr 04, 2011
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by tosinaded(m): 9:57pm On Apr 04, 2011
[flash=420,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eeoe4w04cc?fs=1&[/flash]

this is a mega tune!
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by naijangel7(f): 10:56pm On Apr 04, 2011
tosinaded@:

the day your fav rapper in naija now, has a bigger song than Jaga Jaga or oko asewo. . . come back and holla at me!
he's a legend in the naija music scene
To you. Why? Coz he attacked 50 cent on a plane? cheesy grin That guy was a crackhead loser.
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by naijangel7(f): 11:09pm On Apr 04, 2011
LOL just watched the vids again! i forgot all about the phony american accent hahaha! plus the thick Yoruba accent lol. "How hold hare you?" Lol.Tthe one u call "mega tune" was actually one of the worst tracks. At least you should have mentioned "player Meji". Him try there. I think that was better than Mr. Lecturer, actually.
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by tosinaded(m): 11:42pm On Apr 04, 2011
How old am i? As in really?
Am old enuf to know that,edrees made classics 4 his time. .
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by LoveKing(m): 12:10am On Apr 05, 2011
tosinaded@:

How old am i? As in really?
Am old enuf to know that[b],edrees made classics 4 his time. .[/b]

Stop sounding like a big f o o l. Thats from you Mr know all, in his time. but what about now. Rap Vet? You must be very stewpid. I d i ot.
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by BabaEleko(m): 2:45am On Apr 05, 2011
LoveKing:

Stop sounding like a[b] big f o o l. T[/b]hats from you Mr know all, [/b]in his time. but what about now. Rap Vet? You must be very[b] stewpid. I d i ot.

Do u have to go this far by letting your backside do d talkin even when u ain't making NO POINT? Come back to this thread when your fav naija artiste got hits dat can compete with d above. You are not far from som1 dat was conceived via ana1 se-x. Olorribu
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by semid4lyfe(m): 2:49am On Apr 05, 2011
Eedris actually rapped back then. . .he just use the ''migidy figiddy'' stuff to spice up the songs where he was bereft of words/lyrics IMO.

Although the guy sang too, some of his songs e.g ''wackawickee mc's'', ''player meji'' etc were pure rap, had meaningful lyrics & didn't have any ''miggidy figgidy'' in them and actually conveyed a message

Eedris is definitely a rap veteran and close to a legend
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by javalove(m): 8:03am On Apr 05, 2011
Y'all hating on Eedris Abdul Kareem don't know jack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That guy is a fuking legend in naija rap game!!!!!

And you have not answered Tosin's question. . .

NAME YOUR FAVOURITE RAPPER IN NAIJA AND LETS SEE IF HE OR SHE IS A BETTER STAGE ROCKER OR HAD MORE APPEAL TO THE STREETS THAN EEDRIS

- OKO OMOGE WILL RICK ANY PARTY ANYDAY, ANYTIME, ANYWHERE. . .EVEN IN 2020!!!!!

- I LIKED WACKAWICKE EMCEES. . .THE CHORUS OF THAT SONG WAS DONE IN "ENA". . .ITS A CODED KIND OF YORUBA. , SAME THING KONGA IS USING NOW

AND THE MIGIDIFIGIDI STUFFS, MOST OF THEM WERE ENA TOO. . .

ITS JUST A SHAME HIS CAREER HAD TO BACK SLIDE. . .AND DONT THINK RUGHEADMAN CRASHED HIS CAREER. . .FAR FROM IT!!!!!!!

EEDRIS SHOT HINMSELF ON THE FOOT WHEN HE ATTACKED 50 CENT. . .AND LOTS OF SJHOW PROMOTERS IMMEDIATELY GOT HIM OFF THEIR FLYERS!!!!

AGAIN, DO YOU KNOW THE EFFECT THAT HAS HAD ON INDEGINOUS MUSICIANS, THEY ARE TREATED WITH MORE RESPECT BY ORGANISERS AND ARE PAID BETTER!!

JUST A SHAME EEDRIS HAD TO BE THE SCAPE GOAT. . .

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by tosinaded(m): 8:25am On Apr 05, 2011
LoveKing:

Stop sounding like a big f o o l. Thats from you Mr know all, in his time. but what about now. Rap Vet? You must be very stewpid. I d i ot.

i tire 4 u o. . .
Ok yes am stewpid, an i d i ot and a f o o l. .

E dan finish?

I said edris made classics 4 his time, u re asking wut of now?
Na wa o. . .every body get em prime!
Edrees during his prime was a god. .
Play his songs at events now and watch the reaction. . .
Stuff of legends! THEIR MUSIC WIL NEVA DIE. .
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by aldon: 10:57am On Apr 05, 2011
tosinaded@:

i tire 4 u o. . .
Ok yes am stewpid, an i d i ot and a f o o l. .

E dan finish?

I said edris made classics 4 his time, u re asking wut of now?
Na wa o. . .every body get em prime!
Edrees during his prime was a god. .
Play his songs at events now and watch the reaction. . .
Stuff of legends! THEIR MUSIC WIL NEVA DIE. .
True! Eedris is a lyricist NOT buh he is one of the greatest performer, africa hav eva produced. .eedris has fallin sooo baad though his career is nt dead completely grin Dude is a fukkin legend!
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by dammiecool(m): 1:12pm On Apr 05, 2011
, but back in dayz we have very few naija hiphop artist, d competition wasnt strong,any song from eedris,tony tetuila,azadus,plaintation boyz,rasquie,is alwayz a hit.
if u say edris =legend
Tony Tetula= legend
Rasquie=legend
azadus=legend
plantation boiz=legend

cool cool cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Video: Skales & Sarz - My OGA At The TOP [freestyle] [download] / Official Dagrin Pon Pon Pon Video / Why Do Nigerian Artists Have Poorly Written Songs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.