Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? (62737 Views)

My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? / Why Does Sex Slowly Die Off In A Marriage After 10+ Years?? / A Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom (Screenshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by Shokoloko(f): 11:29am On Jan 20, 2021
StrikeBack:
The third person could also be her mother grin

Yes but if the marriage fails
1. The mother has something to lose
2. The mother in law has something to lose
3. The couple have something to lose
4.The child has something to lose
5. The native doctor has NOTHING to lose, so he is the problem

4 Likes

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by obowunmi(m): 11:30am On Jan 20, 2021
Vevejoy:
Plesse forget the errors and focus on the content.

So here's my issue.

I've been married for 6yrs and it's been a blissful journey- of course with minor issues here and there but nothing to worry about until May 5th 2020 when I'd say things turned upside down.

We live abroad and struggled to have kids but God finally blessed us with a beautiful daughter in Sept 2019. Child care being super expensive here, we wanted one of our moms to come help us with the baby when I return to work after my maternity leave. So on the eve of our wedding anniversary which was the 4th of May last year, I asked my husband for the say 10th time about beginning the procedure of bringing a mom over to help since I'll be returning to work. He asked which mom and I said in my exact words; "of course my mom" because I know that when a woman gives birth, her mom usually go to help her. Did that change our story? My God, marriage has been one hell of a thing since that day.

My husband said I am selfish, disrespectful, and want to dominate him. He said things will never be the same again and since then, my marriage has been a stress zone.

My husband is numb to my feelings. He's been ignoring me, I've been a nag I'll admit since tue incident last year. I now talk alot and mostly complain about everything whenever we are together. It's sad and I've actually had conversations with myself to ignore him and stop nagging but I continue to do it, I need help on how to shut up and observe.

I can cry from now to die kingdom come and this man wouldn't be moved. He cannot shift his stance because of me at all. He does whatever he likes and disregard everything I say. E.g before this crisis, we had an appointment to see our Dr to start trying for baby number two because the Dr's advised that since we just had a baby, it's best to try for another soonest given that we had challenges conceiving the first one. This man cancelled the appointment with our Dr and has blatantly refused to start trying for a baby right now. He says when the time comes he'll let me know. Up till now the time has not come despite the fact that delaying may impact our chance of conceiving again. What a life!� � �.

Also, he has decided that no parent will come and I'm back to work already. My poor baby who use to sleep till 9am now suffer in this winter getting up at 6am to be dropped off at daycare all because her father is angry and want to make sure he doesn't do anything that will make his wife smile. He'll rather spend thorns of money paying for daycare even after I've told him that I don't mind his mom coming. Mind u, I have a very good relationship with my inlaws, especially my mom inlaw so it's not an inlaw fight.

The worst of them all is that despite living abroad for 17yrs, this man believes so much in native doctors to the extend that I can't even explain. Infact it's something that I've always fought him about and talked against. I've even complained about it to his family. And guess what, when I talk against, he tells his native drs who of course has ignited the fire in our home. Can you believe that in this chaos this man took me on a vacation in August last year that he wanted to clear his mind so we can start a new chapter and be happy again only to tell me that I have been trying to use a charm on him in the past months thats why things got rough. He said the 3 women I am using appeared to him but he is stronger ����. I am laughing because I felt pity and ashamed for him. How can a grown man be this vulnerable to suitsayers? I have never in my entire life visited a native doctor for myself not to talk of going to take a charmI didn'tvisit the native drs when I was strugglingto have a baby and this man thinks I'llvisit one now to charm him. Wondering y he will even believe such a thing. Infact I don't even know any native doctor. So when he said that, I told him that if I had known that his change of attitude is because of this stupid reason, I would not have fought for my marriage like I did. Of course I got so mad and told him a piece of my mind. I am even ashamed of telling people that despite this man's exposure he consults native Dr's in Africa more than even the people in Africa. Infact if they say yes that's what he listens to. He has even paid a flight from here to Africa because a native Dr told him that his dad who raised him to be the man he is today is trying to kill him and he should come for protection.

I decided to tell his mom about the accusation. His mom told me she scolded at him and warned him never to say such nonsense. Well I just pity him and I'm praying for him. But truth is I regret my marriage to him because of these his believes. I just don't believe in divorce and don't even have the heart to move out I would have done so. Mind u, I am 100% independent so it's not an issue of being scared of surviving alone.

Well one Sunday night as usual I talked to him like crazy and he said "all he wants is for our relationship to work and he will put in his best effort with support from me. I said I want same and will put in my best effort with support from him too*. This happened around september and things have been like normal on and off since then.

I have a few worries which I'd like you to advise me on the way forward.
- My husband is heartless. No matter how I lament, cry, beg, approach him nicely. Infact no matter the manner in which I bring up an issue to him, he doesn't get moved at all. He stays on his stance and doesn't care. How am I suppose to live with a man like this. He goes mute when I try having a conversation with him.

- I have a weakness of talking alot which I acknowledge and I'm doing my best to work on it though I'm yet to change completely. But I can say there's a huge improvement. Infact I'm able to walk away now.

Can a marriage really work out out without a compromise from both parties? I feel like I am compromising alot but this man is doing whatever he likes. In all of these he doesn't cheat but has abused me physically 4times in our 6yrs of marriage which I'm still pained about. The worst abuse right now is emotional abuse and I've told him so several times.

We use to be an exemplary and happy couple up till this may 2020. What will you do in a situation like mine With? With a man like my husband who I'd say lacks empathy and a concience how do I deal with him? His mom said she talked to him but I don't see any difference.

I feel miserable right now in my marriage. Since I got married this is our hardest hit and unfortunately it got prolonged probably bc of his native Dr's who told him I am using a charm on him which he believed.

Help me out please

FIND A MARRIAGE THERAPIST in real life.

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by Nobody: 11:30am On Jan 20, 2021
You got married to an authoritarian, a typical Nigeria man and you have to come to reality with that because he seems the type that isn't ready to compromise on that culture.

Secondly, if you see anybody that visits native doctors and prophets alot always have this issue of suspecting people close and dear to them are attacking them spiritually, they might even one day tell him his mother is behind his problem. It's a normal trend among them. This can only be solved if he stop or reduce his believe in prophets and soothsayers, which you probably can't do anything about or else God make him realize. That's why we need to understand who we are getting married to.

3 Likes

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by Magnoliaa(f): 11:31am On Jan 20, 2021
mariahAngel:

Women have truly suffered! undecided

" Don't complain! Suck it up and bear it!" Says the world

Sigh!

Likeeeee. All the comments I've been reading up till this point were just annoying, devoid of emotional intelligence and sensitivity towards the woman's plights.

If those advice reflects the mentality of all average Nigerian man, it's no surprise marriages are what they are to women.

Kondomatic:
And all the men ever wanted is not to be killed with responsibilities.

And it's the woman that should be killed with it? You talk as if you know him.

She wants her mom to come so she can work. Dude has been there for 17 years but his own mom is not there and possibly have never been there. Do you think he doesn't want his mom to have a taste of good life. He would have brought her and others a long time ago if he could finance it.

In bringing the mother abroad, husband may end up spending more than what the wife will make from work during the time her mother is there. That's if she will ever go again.

This is all just assumptions. Assumptions. If she'd suggested his own mother, would he not have taken that as attempt on his wife's part to turn his mum into an help?

It's the responsibility of a father and a mother to take care of their child not father and grandmother.

From all the Op typed, nothing shows he's helping with easing the burdens on her, else she wouldn't have come here to complain.

And this issue has been since last year. Sounds immature to me, even if the wife might have goofed some way. What's wrong with listening to his wife and understanding what she's going through to work out a solution?

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by majorbravo: 11:31am On Jan 20, 2021
Vevejoy:

So here's my issue.

I feel miserable right now in my marriage. Since I got married this is our hardest hit and unfortunately it got prolonged probably bc of his native Dr's who told him I am using a charm on him which he believed.

Help me out please

I think the cause of the problems is frustration from Covid19 Lockdown. Remember things got pretty bad in May 2020.

My advice to you about his Native Doctor attitude is this: if you haven't been praying before, now is the time to become a prayer warrior. No native doctor can destroy the home of a Christian praying woman.

About the issue of talking too much. Find something to keep you busy and occupied, you would have less time to spend brooding over his hurtful emotional abuse (like you put it), these things build up resentment in a woman's heart which she releases like bullets with nagging.

Last but not the least, dedicate your house to God. Bring a true man of God to pray and sanctify your household. Your husband's soul is in jeopardy after his frequent visits to native doctors. This would stop the threats he sees in his dreams.

3 Likes

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by Nobody: 11:31am On Jan 20, 2021
HarunaWest:
u sef grow up and mind your business
See? That's your adolescent nature talking.

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by Originalsly: 11:31am On Jan 20, 2021
Vevejoy:

I've been married for 6yrs and it's been a blissful journey- of course with minor issues here and there but nothing to worry about until May 5th 2020 when I'd say things turned upside down.

Help me out please

I'd say things were always upside down. As a Christian.... you should not be unequally yoked. .... and this is the consequence now facing you. The problem here is spiritual..... not at all about your mother or his mother as baby sitter. He believes in his native doctor and will follow whatever he is told. Only prayer can help you out of this spiritual trap. I hope your prayers are answered.

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by Mckhala80(m): 11:32am On Jan 20, 2021
Your write up alone is as long as a divorce note frm the court . This has defined you already as a woman that control men. You are giving ur husband problem becos of a child and you want him to go for a second child , are u a delilah ? I'm sure all these right up are framed up to tarnish ur husband image.... Infact i have no advice to give to any girl/woman. Advice urself.

3 Likes

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by frugal(m): 11:32am On Jan 20, 2021
Vevejoy:

Yeye trap, no be woman mother di go "omuguo"? As we the abroad now na to di set trap.
No wahala my dear, thank u a bunch!

So why didn't you just tell him initially that you wanted your mom over? You presented your case to him like you didn't care which of the moms came over, meanwhile you wanted your mom from the beginning. That's deception now. And then when he asked you which of the moms you'd want over, rather than apply some sense and say something like "Although I'd prefer my mom, but I'm fine with either one", you chose to say something as silly as "my mom of course".
Why didn't you lead with that? Why make him believe you were okay with either in the first place?

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by Ventura1: 11:32am On Jan 20, 2021
Your nagging caused the problem, tone down your manner when communicating with him and enter the Siddons and look mood.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by ityP(m): 11:32am On Jan 20, 2021
Vevejoy:

So here's my issue.

We live abroad and struggled to have kids but God finally blessed us with a beautiful daughter in Sept 2019. Child care being super expensive here, we wanted one of our moms to come help us with the baby when I return to work after my maternity leave. So on the eve of our wedding anniversary which was the 4th of May last year, I asked my husband for the say 10th time about beginning the procedure of bringing a mom over to help since I'll be returning to work. He asked which mom and I said in my exact words; "of course my mom" because I know that when a woman gives birth, her mom usually go to help her. Did that change our story? My God, marriage has been one hell of a thing since that day.

My husband said I am selfish, disrespectful, and want to dominate him. He said things will never be the same again and since then, my marriage has been a stress zone.

My husband is numb to my feelings. He's been ignoring me, I've been a nag I'll admit since tue incident last year. I now talk alot and mostly complain about everything whenever we are together. It's sad and I've actually had conversations with myself to ignore him and stop nagging but I continue to do it, I need help on how to shut up and observe.

I can cry from now to die kingdom come and this man wouldn't be moved. He cannot shift his stance because of me at all. He does whatever he likes and disregard everything I say. E.g before this crisis, we had an appointment to see our Dr to start trying for baby number two because the Dr's advised that since we just had a baby, it's best to try for another soonest given that we had challenges conceiving the first one. This man cancelled the appointment with our Dr and has blatantly refused to start trying for a baby right now. He says when the time comes he'll let me know. Up till now the time has not come despite the fact that delaying may impact our chance of conceiving again. What a life!� � �.

Also, he has decided that no parent will come and I'm back to work already. My poor baby who use to sleep till 9am now suffer in this winter getting up at 6am to be dropped off at daycare all because her father is angry and want to make sure he doesn't do anything that will make his wife smile. He'll rather spend thorns of money paying for daycare even after I've told him that I don't mind his mom coming. Mind u, I have a very good relationship with my inlaws, especially my mom inlaw so it's not an inlaw fight.

The worst of them all is that despite living abroad for 17yrs, this man believes so much in native doctors to the extend that I can't even explain. Infact it's something that I've always fought him about and talked against. I've even complained about it to his family. And guess what, when I talk against, he tells his native drs who of course has ignited the fire in our home. Can you believe that in this chaos this man took me on a vacation in August last year that he wanted to clear his mind so we can start a new chapter and be happy again only to tell me that I have been trying to use a charm on him in the past months thats why things got rough. He said the 3 women I am using appeared to him but he is stronger ����. I am laughing because I felt pity and ashamed for him. How can a grown man be this vulnerable to suitsayers? I have never in my entire life visited a native doctor for myself not to talk of going to take a charmI didn'tvisit the native drs when I was strugglingto have a baby and this man thinks I'llvisit one now to charm him. Wondering y he will even believe such a thing. Infact I don't even know any native doctor. So when he said that, I told him that if I had known that his change of attitude is because of this stupid reason, I would not have fought for my marriage like I did. Of course I got so mad and told him a piece of my mind. I am even ashamed of telling people that despite this man's exposure he consults native Dr's in Africa more than even the people in Africa. Infact if they say yes that's what he listens to. He has even paid a flight from here to Africa because a native Dr told him that his dad who raised him to be the man he is today is trying to kill him and he should come for protection.

I decided to tell his mom about the accusation. His mom told me she scolded at him and warned him never to say such nonsense. Well I just pity him and I'm praying for him. But truth is I regret my marriage to him because of these his believes. I just don't believe in divorce and don't even have the heart to move out I would have done so. Mind u, I am 100% independent so it's not an issue of being scared of surviving alone.

Well one Sunday night as usual I talked to him like crazy and he said "all he wants is for our relationship to work and he will put in his best effort with support from me. I said I want same and will put in my best effort with support from him too*. This happened around september and things have been like normal on and off since then.

- My husband is heartless. No matter how I lament, cry, beg, approach him nicely. Infact no matter the manner in which I bring up an issue to him, he doesn't get moved at all. He stays on his stance and doesn't care. How am I suppose to live with a man like this. He goes mute when I try having a conversation with him.

- I have a weakness of talking alot which I acknowledge and I'm doing my best to work on it though I'm yet to change completely. But I can say there's a huge improvement. Infact I'm able to walk away now.

Can a marriage really work out out without a compromise from both parties? I feel like I am compromising alot but this man is doing whatever he likes. In all of these he doesn't cheat but has abused me physically 4times in our 6yrs of marriage which I'm still pained about. The worst abuse right now is emotional abuse and I've told him so several times.

We use to be an exemplary and happy couple up till this may 2020. What will you do in a situation like mine With? With a man like my husband who I'd say lacks empathy and a concience how do I deal with him? His mom said she talked to him but I don't see any difference.

Help me out please

On the issue of being unbothered when you cry and lament, I think you married my exact replica. If my wife adopts this methodology, she go tire. I would sure listen if she sits me down and talk without all those emotional manipulative methodologies

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by Beckobi: 11:33am On Jan 20, 2021
Madam your piece was quite lengthy and am sure it points to something you are aware of...
Again it’s quite difficult to handle a native doctored man, dey no dey gree. In this world, the stupid ones are more bold. It can only be God that will arrest him through your prayers.
I thank God you are independent. Focus on your job and ignore him the way he ignores you. Pray in your closets and shut your mouth at him, shut your love at him..:
Marriage is not a do or die affair

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by Muzee10(m): 11:33am On Jan 20, 2021
Mood11:
undecided

You would have simply asked him who he would like to have over and allow him throw the dice to your choice. Even if his mother comes, it is not an achievement..

As matter don is like this, just allow him some time. He will come around.

I don't have much advice to give you than to just make sure the toddler feel safe and make yourself happy too. because at the end na your own happiness matter most. You see that man stop the nagging my dear, free him, Infact let him be. He will be fine, infact, everyone will be fine.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by BabaIbo: 11:33am On Jan 20, 2021
Vevejoy:

Help me out please

Mehn, you talk too much o.

I read about 80% of your post, what you did there is just repetition, haba!

Control your talkativeness and watch the issue die slowly.

I doubt if I can live with your type, because you won't allow a man have peace of mind.

Just give him space to breath and support him the way you can, while you also get busy on other important tings.

Peace!

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 20, 2021
I don't believe in divorce.... What kind of nonsense African mentality talk is that?

If its not working leave the marriage and take care of your children together.... Give yourselves some space and you both might even fall in love again

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by Franktom247(m): 11:34am On Jan 20, 2021
Damn see headache i got from reading about someone else marriage and my mama say make i go marry i am too young for hbp cos thats what i see in all these over time i have learnt from husband and wife issues not to put my mouth them go use you settle and paint you as enemy number one my advice make una settle unaself

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by clockwisereport: 11:34am On Jan 20, 2021
luminouz:

Made enough to get this confused response to me.

I'm done with you.

Lol. Can't you see how confused you are?

First, you said u do not believe that someone who have lived abroad for 17 years keeps visiting native doctors. I countered you with an example of a cousin that have lived in Belgium since 1994 and still visits native doctors.

You then resorted to "African culture" and how western religion have blinded me. Oga, if I may ask, if visiting native doctors is not diabolic, please give me (us) examples of things that are diabolic.

3 Likes

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by Iseoluwa2050(m): 11:34am On Jan 20, 2021
Vevejoy:

So here's my issue.

Help me out please

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by AlfaB: 11:34am On Jan 20, 2021
You are a bad wife.

See what the scripture says.
Genesis 2:18
“It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him.”

This means that you are but a helper to your husband. But you are not helping him. Change your ways.

Ephesians 5:22-24
Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands.

Stop nagging him and submit to all his wishes.

Titus 2:5
To be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.

Working at home! That's what you must do. YOU! Not your mum, not his mum. YOU.

You must stay home and work if you want to save your marriage!

1 Corinthians 13:4-7
Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

You boast that you can be independent of him. That is not love
You insist of having your own way instead of submitting. That is not love
You should bear him if you love him.
You should share his beliefs if you love him
You must endure if you truly love him.

1 Timothy 3:11
Their wives likewise must be dignified, not slanderers, but sober-minded, faithful in all things.

By complaining about him to his mum, especially about things he told you in confidence, you have slandered him and shown unfaithfulness. You are not a good wife.

Genesis 3:16
To the woman he said, “I will surely multiply your pain in childbearing; in pain you shall bring forth children. Your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you.”

You do not challenge your ruler. Ever. By challenging your husband and his beliefs, you are challenging God's edict. That is very wicked.

1 Timothy 2:11
Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness.

Don't talk back to your husband.

My advice is follow him and his ways. Tell him you want to visit the native doctors with him and perform any rituals he requires of you. Ask him what he wants and do it.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by November24(f): 11:35am On Jan 20, 2021
If you need to see my pastor. .dm me.
This is a pure spiritual issue.

May God give you victory
Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by LoneWolf200(m): 11:35am On Jan 20, 2021
Of all pieces of advice itz only Mr Remzoid & Mrnairaland that nailed it rightly.My own little piece; this marriage is not based on God cuz that shouldnt cuz all these crisis cuz you may get angry but Jesus wont allow you to cuz problems, you will forgive her easily and move on.About the husband's diabolicalism,that would be tough to change cuz his been running his voodoo before u get married to him so jst seek God and pray.

To unmarried folks; Avoid carnality,materialism and eye-catching suitors.Pray for the right one

I rest mycase

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by Tap0lane: 11:37am On Jan 20, 2021
This comment proves you do not need help. What you need is that person that will help in destroying your relationship further. The fool you gave credit to as seeing thing from your side when she finished making her foolish comment what was the end result ?

Will her senseless n useless comment make the relationship with your husband beta or further destroy it. I hate having to chastise people in difficult situation but Ms you are not wise to be precise your are a foolish wife and I said that without remorse.

Do you think others telling you to suck up the uncaring altitude of dead beat heartless husband can not chose to focus on his failure as a uncaring husband ? If they did will that solve the problem you brought to NL ? Ms go away with your problem, I no de waste advice on foolish people this 2021. Do what many of your mate abroad do fustrate your husband very well till he murder you, that recipe works all the time among Nigerians.

Vevejoy:

I teared up. Atleast one person has looked at my writeup in bothways n not do the regular blame game.
Words heal and these few u just wrote right here brought forth some healing.
Thank you!

3 Likes

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by Nobody: 11:38am On Jan 20, 2021
Dis Epistle Long Pass Paul Own Ooo.

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by Magnoliaa(f): 11:38am On Jan 20, 2021
Chii59:

Exactly. This is why boo and I have to really talk extensively about things like this. In laws can make or break any marriage.

True. And that's why it all depends on the couple - as you've noted. Knowing what you both want, how to go about it and being able to stand by it without giving any in-laws unnecessary control.

All of this becomes easy with a kind and understanding partner. Not one that has a coconut head. angry

And mehnn. How they are even taking the long text to cast aspersions on the Op's character - for someone who has been at it for months, hurt, and just pouring things out... But when they are reading manipulation books, or it's a man who posted something longer than this, it's not always too long.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by bukatyne(f): 11:39am On Jan 20, 2021
thorpido:
Exactly my thought.This stable marriage until the issue of which mom should come over is questionable.
I actually think the couple are both acting immatured.The wife nags as she has acknowledged and seems not to be wise with words.She just blurts out whatever is on her mind.
Her husband's behaviour is even worse.Except he regrets marrying her or has some psychological issues,his treatment of her is annoying.

Op the native doctor thing is the biggest issue in your marriage now.Those people can see and unsee.You'll be lying if you say you didn't notice this about him before marrying him or you were just too naive or blind to it.
Well,it won't stop suddenly.You should just keep praying and hoping they see good about you.

*Hold off getting pregnant again.There are issues to sort first.

I agree

*The wife blurring out what's on her mind: I did not follow the thread enough to see that.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by Nobody: 11:40am On Jan 20, 2021
Your husband is not heartless, he is simply smart enough not to allow you to emotionally manipulate him. My man.
And by you saying "of course my mom" you come across as a woman who likes to have her way in your marriage. This isn't just an issue of a mother coming over, but of a mother traveling out, probably for the first time. You don't say "of course my mom", after all you married into his family in the first place and not the other way around. You should close that phase already.

I understand why your husband might not be interested to have another kid with a woman who has been making his life miserable. Strangely you played down the part where you nag him all day and you instead called him heartless.

I sincerely think the two of you have already made a mess of your marriage because you are both selfish people. Unless you both have someone talk sense into your head your most viable option will be divorce. Good luck.

Vevejoy:

So here's my issue.

Help me out please

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by greyvirgo(m): 11:41am On Jan 20, 2021
One thing I forgot to add.

The issues of mothers came up during our first childs birth.

In my tradition, the mother of the man holds sway. I did say to my mrs...Great opportunity to bond.

Fortunately, my mother-in-law was also around then, she clearly wasn't happy..but did come visit... due to her matrichial attitude, I made it a point to keep her at bay. Still no love lost between us...

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by Dottore: 11:42am On Jan 20, 2021
bukatyne:

@bold:

I tried to understand this, I couldn't.

A husband asks his wife: 'who should come for omugwo' and wifey said 'her mother'

Let's assume the husband wanted his mother to come over because he is the man/it is her right/or whatever:

Was the husband not supposed to state he wants his mother to come because of X, Y Z?

How can you ask your wife a question, she gives a 'wrong' answer and you start to fight and ruin things?

Does it make sense to you?
Are you married? Just asking.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by DHaran: 11:43am On Jan 20, 2021
Vevejoy:

So here's my issue.

Help me out please

Come to ( OPM) Omega power ministries and be restored....come take assignment on water spirit

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by Tap0lane: 11:43am On Jan 20, 2021
So in your delusion if your husband decide he doesn't want your mother to come for omuguo in your house that is the end of the marriage ?

Fools too many for NL this days I swear.

Vevejoy:

Yeye trap, no be woman mother di go "omuguo"? As we the abroad now na to di set trap.
No wahala my dear, thank u a bunch!

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by sowilli: 11:43am On Jan 20, 2021
you just by all means want your mum to come, perhaps you are more concerned about pleasing your mum than your husband. please listen to your husband and do what he wants. He has told you he wants the relationship to work and that is what you should be bothered about. stop looking for someone's weakness. work on yours, he will become a better person when you work on yours.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by Chukwukaqwer: 11:44am On Jan 20, 2021
There is always two sides of the story.
Hearing from one side is a wrong way of passing judgment.
Dear, u need to pray hard esp on ur own. And hand over the whole family in God's hands.
Stop nagging, look for things that will give u joy in the house. And stay in ur marriage.
Temptations will surely come, but doesn't last long.
Satan is just looking for a way to scatter ur family and then move over to another family.

Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Angry Husband Expose Nude Pictures Of Cheating Wife / Meet Fortune Ibe, The Tallest 15 -Year-Old Teenager In Nigeria / About To Divorce My Husband Who Sponsored Me In School.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.