Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,001 members, 7,835,380 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Remaining Incorruptible In This Corruptible World - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Remaining Incorruptible In This Corruptible World (518 Views)

The Incorruptible Saints / What You Don't Know About Catholic Incorruptible Saints / "Being Born Again, Not Of Corruptible Seed, But Of Incorruptible." (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remaining Incorruptible In This Corruptible World by ochibuogwu5: 7:18pm On Jan 19, 2021
Something about the importance of studying the bible daily, consistently and progressively:

It is the only means of sustaining our faith in genuine holiness so that the Holy Spirit will help us to manifest the lifestyle of Jesus Christ Crucified; Our Saviour and Lord; both in the secret of our heart-desires and external lifestyle such that we do not sin again in our hearts or bodies each second of our earthly life and not return back to the tendency of faithlessness and eternal damnation in hell-fire.

"We are *born-again(each second of our earthly existence)* by the incorruptible seed of the LIVING WORD OF GOD" (1 Peter 1:23)

It is the amount of the word of God according to the teachings of Jesus Christ that is alive(active/living) and quickened/aroused by the Holy Spirit as well as our individual/group bible studies that defines our capacity to remain incorruptible inside our hearts/thoughts/desires/imaginations and external activities of this sinful world each second of our earthly existence just like Jesus

thus

"For even to this were you called [it is inseparable from your vocation]. For Christ also suffered for you, leaving you [His personal] example, so that you should follow in His footsteps. 22 He was guilty of no sin, neither was deceit (guile) ever found on His lips. 23 When He was reviled and insulted, He did not revile or offer insult in return; [when] He was abused and suffered, He made no threats [of vengeance]; but he trusted [Himself and everything] to Him Who judges fairly. 24 He personally bore our sins in His [own] body on the tree [as on an altar and offered Himself on it], that we might die (cease to exist) to sin and live to righteousness. By His wounds you have been healed. 25 For you were going astray like [so many] sheep, but now you have come back to the Shepherd and Guardian (the Bishop) of your souls." (1 Peter 2:21-25 ampc)

This is why He told those who believe in HIM that want to walk daily in victory and freedom over sin thus "So Jesus said to those Jews who had believed in Him, If you continue/abide in My word [hold fast to My teachings and live in accordance with them], you are truly My disciples. 32 And you will know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." (John 8:31-32 ampc)

"Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty (emancipation from bondage, freedom).

18 *And all of us, as with unveiled face, [because we] continued to behold [in the Word of God] as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are constantly being transfigured into His very own image in ever increasing splendor and from one degree of glory to another;* [for this comes] from the Lord [Who is] the Spirit." (2 Corinthians 3:17-18 ampc)

Great Grace Brethren!!!
Re: Remaining Incorruptible In This Corruptible World by Myer(m): 7:24pm On Jan 19, 2021
We know what the bible says but how practical is it?

Sin corrupts and unfortunately everyone even your pastor still sins.

Either through lying, lust, envy, fornication/adultery, revelry, stubborness, pride, drunkenness, love of money, etc.

So what makes you think anyone can live without committing sins that corrupts
Re: Remaining Incorruptible In This Corruptible World by Kobojunkie: 7:46pm On Jan 19, 2021
Myer:
We know what the bible says but how practical is it?

Sin corrupts and unfortunately everyone even your pastor still sins.

Either through lying, lust, envy, fornication/adultery, revelry, stubborness, pride, drunkenness, love of money, etc.

So what makes you think anyone can live without committing sins that corrupts
Not everyone sins!
Of course that is not what your pastors, who trade in lies, have told you is the case, but the truth is not everyone sins. All most definitely have sinned(past tense) but not everyone continues to sin(present future).

There are indeed those who are no longer slaves to sin.... They are instead transformed through a rebirth by the Spirit of God into sons of God. Yes, those who obey the commandments of Jesus Christ are no longer slaves to sin, and yes, they are living breathing humans, just like you and I and the many pastors and prophets out there.

The standard had never been men who call themselves pastors and preachers but instead Jesus Christ - the Spirit of Truth Himself. Billions walk blind and have lost sight of the truth of God - Jesus Christ - seeking instead pastors, much like the unbelievers seek out babalawos and psychics, for advice and guidance.
Re: Remaining Incorruptible In This Corruptible World by Myer(m): 3:14am On Jan 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Not everyone sins!
Of course that is not what your pastors, who trade in lies, have told you is the case, but the truth is not everyone sins. All most definitely have sinned(past tense) but not everyone continues to sin(present future).

There are indeed those who are no longer slaves to sin.... They are instead transformed through a rebirth by the Spirit of God into sons of God. Yes, those who obey the commandments of Jesus Christ are no longer slaves to sin, and yes, they are living breathing humans, just like you and I and the many pastors and prophets out there.

The standard had never been men who call themselves pastors and preachers but instead Jesus Christ - the Spirit of Truth Himself. Billions walk blind and have lost sight of the truth of God - Jesus Christ - seeking instead pastors, much like the unbelievers seek out babalawos and psychics, for advice and guidance.

No man except Jesus can overcome sin. Even Paul had his sin which he begged God to take away.

Do you love money? You're a sinner.
Do you still fear? You're a sinner.
Are you stubborn? You're a sinner.
Do you have have pride? You're a sinner.
Do you think lustfully? You're a sinner.
Do you not do what you know is right? You're a sinner.

Even James concluded that if you're guilty of one sin you're guilty of all.
Re: Remaining Incorruptible In This Corruptible World by Kobojunkie: 3:40am On Jan 20, 2021
Myer:

No man except Jesus can overcome sin. Even Paul had his sin which he begged God to take away.

Do you love money? You're a sinner.
Do you still fear? You're a sinner.
Are you stubborn? You're a sinner.
Do you have have pride? You're a sinner.
Do you think lustfully? You're a sinner.
Do you not do what you know is right? You're a sinner.

Even James concluded that if you're guilty of one sin you're guilty of all.
I am afraid your claim that no man can oneeed exist above sin is in direct contradiction to the claims of Jesus Christ Himself. Paul and the other apostles were never set up as standards for anyone to follow. The standard has always been, and remains Jesus Christ, for everyone who will follow Him. That Paul and supposedly others struggled, does not change the fact of Jesus Christ as the one and only standard set by God Himself, and since God says it is possible, one ought to believe that indeed it is so.

By the way, do you know what sin is? undecided
I ask because you listed there a couple of things that you assume to be sin but are no where in the commandments that directly stipulate what sin is. For instance, fear, stubbornness, pride are not sinned... They are conditions of the human heart but nowhere does Jesus Christ stipulate that they are sins.

Doing what you know is not right is no exactly the way God defines sin in His word. No, sin is disobedience of His laws as stipulated in either of His covenants. Since we are of the New Covenant, there are given us about 46 commandments that define for us what constitutes sin.

Another one, the love of money is not listed as a sin either...having money as a god/idol is a sin however.

Back to what I said, if you believe Jesus Christ is indeed the TRUTH OF GOD then you ought to believe that GOD HIMSELF said what Jesus Christ did about sin, which is that this who live in direct obedience of His Commandments do not live in sin... According to the very Word of the living God, those who are born of His Spirit of God are no longer slaves to sin, but instead sons/children of God. Rather than living in disobedience to His Commandments(sin) those who born of the Spirit of God live in obedience to His Truth(commandments) by His Spirit.

Now, of course, much of Jesus Christ Himself says there in the gospels runs contrary to what many of you have heard from your many MoGs but remember, the judge and the standard remains Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ alone - there are no passes to be issued to anyone who falls short of thar standard..nonewhatsoever.
Re: Remaining Incorruptible In This Corruptible World by Myer(m): 4:06am On Jan 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid your claim that no man can oneeed exist above sin is in direct contradiction to the claims of Jesus Christ Himself. Paul and the other apostles were never set up as standards for anyone to follow. The standard has always been, and remains Jesus Christ, for everyone who will follow Him. That Paul and supposedly others struggled, does not change the fact of Jesus Christ as the one and only standard set by God Himself, and since God says it is possible, one ought to believe that indeed it is so.

By the way, do you know what sin is? undecided
I ask because you listed there a couple of things that you assume to be sin but are no where in the commandments that directly stipulate what sin is. For instance, fear, stubbornness, pride are not sinned... They are conditions of the human heart but nowhere does Jesus Christ stipulate that they are sins.

Doing what you know is not right is no exactly the way God defines sin in His word. No, sin is disobedience of His laws as stipulated in either of His covenants. Since we are of the New Covenant, there are given us about 46 commandments that define for us what constitutes sin.

Another one, the love of money is not listed as a sin either...having money as a god/idol is a sin however.

Back to what I said, if you believe Jesus Christ is indeed the TRUTH OF GOD then you ought to believe that GOD HIMSELF said what Jesus Christ did about sin, which is that this who live in direct obedience of His Commandments do not live in sin... According to the very Word of the living God, those who are born of His Spirit of God are no longer slaves to sin, but instead sons/children of God. Rather than living in disobedience to His Commandments(sin) those who born of the Spirit of God live in obedience to His Truth(commandments) by His Spirit.

Now, of course, much of Jesus Christ Himself says there in the gospels runs contrary to what many of you have heard from your many MoGs but remember, the judge and the standard remains Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ alone - there are no passes to be issued to anyone who falls short of thar standard..nonewhatsoever.

James 4:17
So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.

Revelation 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Proverbs 6:16-17
There are six things that the Lord hates,
seven that are an abomination to him:
haughty eyes, lying tongue,
and hands that shed innocent blood,

1 Samuel 15:23
For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, And stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because you have rejected the word of the LORD, He also has rejected you from being king.”

So you see sin is inevitable. What a Christian has is the blood of Jesus speaking mercy.
Re: Remaining Incorruptible In This Corruptible World by Kobojunkie: 4:46am On Jan 20, 2021
Myer:

James 4:17
So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.

Revelation 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Proverbs 6:16-17
There are six things that the Lord hates,
seven that are an abomination to him:
haughty eyes, lying tongue,
and hands that shed innocent blood,

1 Samuel 15:23
For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, And stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because you have rejected the word of the LORD, He also has rejected you from being king.”

So you see sin is inevitable. What a Christian has is the blood of Jesus speaking mercy.
you are still refusing to listen to Jesus Christ Himself who came to show you that there is a way. Why no show us where Jesus Christ Himself tells you that indeed you cannot do without sinning? undecided

I already stated severally that Jesus Christ is the law. He is the one to look to as far as the definition of sin, not James or revelation or even the book of proverbs. If Jesus Christ did not say it is sin, no man can make it sin. That said, since the LAW of God Himself that indeed you can be free from sin. What are you still debating? undecided

Unless you can show where the LAW of God Himself went back on His claim that those who are born of Him are no longer slaves to sin, I don't see the point of your seemingly random clipping of verses all of which don't even tell you it impossible to live above sin. None of those verses even contradict what Jesus Christ declared so why try to offer them up as reason for why you must refuse the LAW of God Himself? undecided
Re: Remaining Incorruptible In This Corruptible World by Myer(m): 6:16am On Jan 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
you are still refusing to listen to Jesus Christ Himself who came to show you that there is a way. Why no show us where Jesus Christ Himself tells you that indeed you cannot do without sinning? undecided

I already stated severally that Jesus Christ is the law. He is the one to look to as far as the definition of sin, not James or revelation or even the book of proverbs. If Jesus Christ did not say it is sin, no man can make it sin. That said, since the LAW of God Himself that indeed you can be free from sin. What are you still debating? undecided

Unless you can show where the LAW of God Himself went back on His claim that those who are born of Him are no longer slaves to sin, I don't see the point of your seemingly random clipping of verses all of which don't even tell you it impossible to live above sin. None of those verses even contradict what Jesus Christ declared so why try to offer them up as reason for why you must refuse the LAW of God Himself? undecided

You do remember that all scripture is inspired by God?
But if you insist on hearing it from Jesus

Matthew 7:21-23
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Re: Remaining Incorruptible In This Corruptible World by Kobojunkie: 7:23am On Jan 20, 2021
Myer:

You do remember that all scripture is inspired by God?
But if you insist on hearing it from Jesus

Matthew 7:21-23
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Ok @Myer, I am going to need your help with this one cause you have lost me with this one. undecided

Now you tell me how the passage supports your claim that
* no man can live without sin undecided
* or that sin is defined elsewhere except by Jesus Christ Himself, for those of us who are of the New Covenant agreement? undecided

Help me out here man... I really need to know where you are headed with this one cause I am scratching my head to understand exactly what it is you are going with this. Tell me what it is I am hearing from Jesus Christ here as far as what we have been on so far? undecided
Re: Remaining Incorruptible In This Corruptible World by Myer(m): 9:33am On Jan 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Ok @Myer, I am going to need your help with this one cause you have lost me with this one. undecided

Now you tell me how the passage supports your claim that
* no man can live without sin undecided
* or that sin is defined elsewhere except by Jesus Christ Himself, for those of us who are of the New Covenant agreement? undecided

Help me out here man... I really need to know where you are headed with this one cause I am scratching my head to understand exactly what it is you are going with this. Tell me what it is I am hearing from Jesus Christ here as far as what we have been on so far? undecided

It's clear unless you choose not to see it.

Iniquity means sin/lawlessness.

So even if you call the name of Jesus, prophesy, work miracles etc but still continue to sin, you can't make heaven.

The condition for heaven is to be perfect as God is. ( Matthew 5:48 Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect. )

But here is the contradiction, since Jesus has died for your sins and now God sees the perfect Jesus whenever he sees you. How come Jesus says you cannot still make heaven if you continue in iniquity?
Re: Remaining Incorruptible In This Corruptible World by Kobojunkie: 9:43am On Jan 20, 2021
Myer:

It's clear unless you choose not to see it.

Iniquity means sin/lawlessness.

So even if you call the name of Jesus, prophesy, work miracles etc but still continue to sin, you can't make heaven.

The condition for heaven is to be perfect as God is. ( Matthew 5:48 Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect. )

But here is the contradiction, since Jesus has died for your sins and now God sees the perfect Jesus whenever he sees you. How come Jesus says you cannot still make heaven if you continue in iniquity?

1. I don't believe you are yourself clear on the meaning of the passage that you posted there. Can you please go back, re-read those verses again and try to comprehend what is written as it is written there. undecided

2. About your claim that only those who are "perfect" entering into Heaven, I am afraid that is not what Jesus Christ said there in Matthew 5 - there is no mention of Heaven in the context that those statement exists in. Also, I believe you are way off when it comes to the meaning given by Jesus Christ Himself there in that context when it comes to the word "perfect". undecided

3. As to your claim that God sees the "perfect" Jesus Christ whenever He sees you, I am afraid that is not according to the teachings of Jesus Christ as Jesus Christ made no such claims that can be found anywhere in the gospels. If I am wrong, can you please provide a reference for this claim you make suggesting that whenever God sees one of His New Covenant followers, He instead sees Jesus Christ, the "perfect" one? undecided
Re: Remaining Incorruptible In This Corruptible World by namo77: 10:22am On Jan 20, 2021
Does it seem as if your life is going round in circles?

Do you need direction in your life?

Then join Prophet Ubong Ukpong as he releases prophetic words to take your life to the next level.

Join now!

Click here to join now:

https://www.facebook.com/106700860866187/videos/1608900522613667/

Re: Remaining Incorruptible In This Corruptible World by namo77: 11:23am On Jan 20, 2021
namo77:
Does it seem as if your life is going round in circles?

Do you need direction in your life?

Then join Prophet Ubong Ukpong as he releases prophetic words to take your life to the next level.

Join now!

Click here to join now:

https://www.facebook.com/106700860866187/videos/1608900522613667/

Join now and be blessed

https://www.facebook.com/106700860866187/videos/398219211408612/

Re: Remaining Incorruptible In This Corruptible World by Myer(m): 1:28pm On Jan 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:

1. I don't believe you are yourself clear on the meaning of the passage that you posted there. Can you please go back, re-read those verses again and try to comprehend what is written as it is written there.

2. About your claim that only those who are "perfect" entering into Heaven, I am afraid that is not what Jesus Christ said there in Matthew 5 - there is no mention of Heaven in the context that those statement exists in. Also, I believe you are way off when it comes to the meaning given by Jesus Christ Himself there in that context when it comes to the word "perfect".

3. As to your claim that God sees the "perfect" Jesus Christ whenever He sees you, I am afraid that is not according to the teachings of Jesus Christ as Jesus Christ made no such claims that can be found anywhere in the gospels. If I am wrong, can you please provide a reference for this claim you make suggesting that whenever God sees one of His New Covenant followers, He instead sees Jesus Christ, the "perfect" one? undecided

I'm afraid you're digressing into the concept of substitution. Whereas this discourse is on whether or not anyone can live without committing sin.
I showed you sins in the bible which can easily ensnare any human being. I wanted to know if you think anyone can overcome them viz Pride, Stubbornness, Lust, Fearfulness, Love of money, Not doing what you know is right, etc
Re: Remaining Incorruptible In This Corruptible World by ochibuogwu5: 3:07pm On Jan 20, 2021
By the mercy and grace of God, I live each second by faith in the Crucified Jesus Christ and do not sin.
I am still human; with all the human emotions, free-will, mind, memory, organs of senses and human body parts.
This is the work of the Holy Spirit at work inside and around me for years now and He keeps growing this NEW CREATION LIFE from one degree of glory and holiness to a higher degree of holiness and glory
thus
"Therefore, my dear ones, as you have always obeyed [my suggestions], so now, not only [with the enthusiasm you would show] in my presence but much more because I am absent, work out (cultivate, carry out to the goal, and fully complete) your own salvation with reverence and awe and trembling (self-distrust, with serious caution, tenderness of conscience, watchfulness against temptation, timidly shrinking from whatever might offend God and discredit the name of Christ).

13 *[Not in your own strength] for it is God Who is all the while effectually at work in you [energizing and creating in you the power and desire], both to will and to work for His good pleasure and satisfaction and delight.*" (Phil. 2:12-13 ampc)

Jesus Life within those who believe is *what keeps us; holy, spotless, without wrinkle or stain each second* through the *fresh activations/manifestations of His Holy Spirit and Word* thus "And so for their sake and on their behalf I sanctify (dedicate, consecrate) Myself, that they also may be sanctified (dedicated, consecrated, made holy) in the Truth." (John 17:19)

In the old testament which is a shadow of the real thing(the New Covenant) during the days of Elijah(1 Kings 19:18), God kept 7000 people *without sin* how much more in these days of the New Covenant thus "I ask then: Has God totally rejected and disowned His people? Of course not! Why, I myself am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, a member of the tribe of Benjamin!

2 No, God has not rejected and disowned His people [whose destiny] He had marked out and appointed and foreknown from the beginning. Do you not know what the Scripture says of Elijah, how he pleads with God against Israel?

3 Lord, they have killed Your prophets; they have demolished Your altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life.

4 But what is God’s reply to him? I have kept for Myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal!

5 So too at the present time there is a remnant (a small believing minority), selected (chosen) by grace (by God’s unmerited favor and graciousness).

6 But if it is by grace (His unmerited favor and graciousness), it is no longer conditioned on works or anything men have done. Otherwise, grace would no longer be grace [it would be meaningless]." (Romans 11:1-6 ampc)

"And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby), that He may remain with you forever—" (John 14:16)

"Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty (emancipation from bondage, freedom).
18 *And all of us, as with unveiled face, [because we] continued to behold [in the Word of God] as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are constantly being transfigured into His very own image in ever increasing splendor and from one degree of glory to another;* [for this comes] from the Lord [Who is] the Spirit." (2 Corinthians 3:17-18 ampc)

"Therefore He(Jesus) is able/capable also to save(deliver from sin and all its related consequences/habits/addictions/demonic-manipulations/ancestral-curses/devil/hell-fire) to the uttermost (completely, perfectly, finally, and for all time and eternity) those who come to God through Him, since He is always living to make petition to God and intercede with Him and intervene for them." (Hebrews 7:25 ampc)

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins. And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins." (Matthew 1:21 KJV)

"Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God." (1 John 3:9)

"And He(the Holy Spirit) will establish you to the end [keep you steadfast, give you strength, and guarantee your vindication; He will be your warrant against all accusation/temptations or indictment so that you will be] guiltless and irreproachable in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah).

9 God is faithful (reliable, trustworthy, and therefore ever true to His promise, and He can be depended on); by Him you were called into companionship and participation with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord." (1 Corinthians 1:8-9 ampc)

"And this is why I am suffering as I do. Still I am not ashamed, *for I know (perceive, have knowledge of, and am acquainted with) Him Whom I have believed (adhered to and trusted in and relied on),* and I am [positively] persuaded that *He is able to guard and keep that which has been entrusted to me* and which I have committed [to Him(my soul)] *until that day*." (2 Timothy 1:12 ampc)

"And now [brethren], I commit you to God [I deposit you in His charge, entrusting you to His protection and care]. And *I commend you to the Word of His grace [to the commands and counsels and promises of His unmerited favor]*. It is *able to build you up and to give you [your rightful] inheritance among all God’s set-apart ones (those consecrated, purified, and transformed of soul)* in Jesus name. Amen." (Acts. 20:32 ampc)

"For whatever is born of God is victorious over the world; and this is the victory that conquers the world, even our faith.
5 Who is it that is victorious over [that conquers] the world but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God [who adheres to, trusts in, and relies on that fact]?
6 This is He Who came by (with) water and blood [His baptism and His death], Jesus Christ (the Messiah)—not by (in) the water only, but by (in) the water and the blood. And it is the [Holy] Spirit Who bears witness, because the [Holy] Spirit is the Truth." (1 John 5:4-6 ampc)

"Now to *Him Who is able to keep you without stumbling or slipping or falling, and to present [you] unblemished (blameless and faultless) before the presence of His glory in triumphant joy and exultation [with unspeakable, ecstatic delight]—*

25 To the one only God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory (splendor), majesty, might and dominion, and power and authority, before all time and now and forever (unto all the ages of eternity). Amen (so be it)." (Jude 1:24-25 ampc)
Re: Remaining Incorruptible In This Corruptible World by ochibuogwu5: 3:18pm On Jan 20, 2021
HIS NAME SHALL BE CALLED JESUS:
"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins. And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins." (Matthew 1:21 KJV)

One very vital point in verse-21, Jesus is the only means of saving any human being from sin
Anybody who is still leaving in sin only needs to accept Jesus finished works on the Cross of Calvary and His resurrection then his/her sin-nature will be evacuated by the nail of Jesus death on the Cross and the LIFE of Jesus which did not commit sin from conception till ascension on this same earth with all its temptations will start manifesting in such a persons life from one degree of holiness/glory to a higher degree of holiness/glory by the Power of the Holy Spirit.

If anybody says he/she is saved/born-again by grace through faith in Jesus Christ death on the Cross of Calvary and His resurrection but still commits sin such a person is lying against Jesus because the name, personality and works of Jesus means deliverance from sin, sinful desires, ancestral curses, demonic-strongholds/addictions, devil and hell-fire permanently.

thus
"Therefore He(Jesus) is able/capable also to save(deliver from sin and all its related consequences/habits/addictions/demonic-manipulations/ancestral-curses/devil/hell-fire) to the uttermost (completely, perfectly, finally, and for all time and eternity) those who come to God through Him, since He is always living to make petition to God and intercede with Him and intervene for them." (Hebrews 7:25 ampc)
Great Grace Brethren!!!
Re: Remaining Incorruptible In This Corruptible World by ochibuogwu5: 3:28pm On Jan 20, 2021
"He then went on to say, Behold, [here] I am, coming to do Your will. Thus He does away with and annuls the first (former) order [as a means of expiating sin] so that He might inaugurate and establish the second (latter) order.

10 And in accordance with this will [of God], we have been made holy (consecrated and sanctified) through the offering made once for all of the body of Jesus Christ (the Anointed One).

11 Furthermore, every [human] priest stands [at his altar of service] ministering daily, offering the same sacrifices over and over again, which never are able to strip [from every side of us] the sins [that envelop us] and take them away—

12 Whereas this One [Christ], after He had offered a single sacrifice for our sins [that shall avail] for all time, sat down at the right hand of God,

13 Then to wait until His enemies should be made a stool beneath His feet.

14 For by a single offering He has forever completely cleansed and perfected those who are consecrated and made holy.

15 And also the Holy Spirit adds His testimony to us [in confirmation of this]. For having said,

16 This is the agreement (testament, covenant) that I will set up and conclude with them after those days, says the Lord: I will imprint My laws upon their hearts, and I will inscribe them on their minds (on their inmost thoughts and understanding),

17 He then goes on to say, And their sins and their lawbreaking I will remember no more.

18 Now where there is absolute remission (forgiveness and cancellation of the penalty) of these [sins and lawbreaking], there is no longer any offering made to atone for sin.

19 Therefore, brethren, since we have full freedom and confidence to enter into the [Holy of] Holies [by the power and virtue] in the blood of Jesus,

20 By this fresh (new) and living way which He initiated and dedicated and opened for us through the separating curtain (veil of the Holy of Holies), that is, through His flesh,

21 And since we have [such] a great and wonderful and noble Priest [Who rules] over the house of God,

22 Let us all come forward and draw near with true (honest and sincere) hearts in unqualified assurance and absolute conviction engendered by faith (by that leaning of the entire human personality on God in absolute trust and confidence in His power, wisdom, and goodness), having our hearts sprinkled and purified from a guilty (evil) conscience and our bodies cleansed with pure water.

23 So let us seize and hold fast and retain without wavering the hope we cherish and confess and our acknowledgement of it, for He Who promised is reliable (sure) and faithful to His word." (Hebrews 10:9-23 ampc)
Re: Remaining Incorruptible In This Corruptible World by Kobojunkie: 6:31pm On Jan 20, 2021
Myer:

I'm afraid you're digressing into the concept of substitution. Whereas this discourse is on whether or not anyone can live without committing sin.
I showed you sins in the bible which can easily ensnare any human being. I wanted to know if you think anyone can overcome them viz Pride, Stubbornness, Lust, Fearfulness, Love of money, Not doing what you know is right, etc
1. Substitution? Dude, I am not here debating doctrines with you but asking you to comprehend what is in fact written in the book you carry around with you AS IT IS INFACT WRITTEN in there for you to comprehend. Jesus Christ warned you against the doctrines and rules of men which He termed lies of men.

2. In both the Old and New Covenants, God warns against attempts to add or remove from His Laws condemning such actions as sin. You claim you have shown me "sins" but instead all you have done is try to add to the Laws of God, a sin in itself as declared by the Almighty.
That which is sin is defined by God Himself and not by man. Essentially, if God did not, through His LAW GIVER declare it sin, you have no right to do any such. Jesus Christ is the LAW and the LAW GIVER in out case and the LAW never declared stubborneds, pride, love of money and fear as sins. So I ask you, who in the world do you think you are to declare otherwise that which God's own Truth did not declare so? undecided
What authority does any man have to do any such? undecided
I await your response to this particular question.
Re: Remaining Incorruptible In This Corruptible World by ochibuogwu5: 7:13pm On Jan 20, 2021
Something about personal daily bible studies and quiet-time with the Holy Spirit:

Please you must not force yourself unto studying 1-chapter each day, I will encourage you to start little with 3-5 verses per day or more.

If you will agree with me start with the Gospel according to St. John chapter 1 from verse-1 to verse-5 today(next day 5-verses and continue like that or increase in number of verses if your understanding and retentive memory can carry it).

Try to get a notebook for your bible studies. Before you start reading; pray and ask thus "Holy Spirit fill me with fresh/new understanding and revelations of Your Word as I study from John 1:1-5 as well as make Your Word to mix with faith in my heart in Jesus name. Amen."

After reading this 5-verses, write out lessons that you got from it, ask yourself questions like
1. "How does this Word speak to me as if it is GOD speaking to me directly ?",
2. "In my current situation(job/marriage/business/academics/career/business) of life, where will Jesus Christ now living inside my body want to apply this words as He did while He was on earth in His own mortal-body so that the perfect-will of the Father will be manifested ?",
3. "How would Jesus Christ Crucified want to use the words contained in these passages to speak to all my friends/family/relations/colleagues/children/parents/siblings/social-media-contacts e.t.c. ?",
4. "How would Jesus Christ Crucified want to use the words contained in these passages to speak to all Christians all over the world ?",
5. "How would Jesus Christ Crucified want to use the words contained in these passages to speak to all unbelievers currently in this world ?"......

Then you begin to write out prayers for each of this situation based upon the words of these passages thus
1. Prayers that enables you to see these words as being spoken directly to you from the GOD-HEAD(Father, Son and the Holy Spirit),
2. Prayers that enables the Holy Spirit to help you apply the words of these passages in your current situation of life,
3. Prayers that enables your relatives to encounter these words in their spirit no matter there current geographical locations,
4. Prayers that releases these words fresh upon the hearts of all Christians no matter their current circumstances and geographical locations,
5. Prayers that enables the heart of unbelievers to receive the light of God's word in their hearts no matter how lost and deep into unbelief they are currently
then
Silence for 2-3-5 minutes for the Holy Spirit to speak more of His revealed words to your heart thus "Holy Spirit, speak in ways that I can understand you within my heart in Jesus name. Amen."......
Write down what He told you, if He spoke in that period of silence or else conclude and engage what you have learnt in more meditations(thinking-through in line with what Jesus lifestyle will engage while holding unto these words) even as you engage in concluding prayers and go for your daily activities.

As you keep engaging the GOD-HEAD(Father, Son and the Holy Spirit) in these daily bible studies, your NEW CREATION LIFE IN CHRIST will continue to grow in grace and knowledge of Our Lord Jesus Christ from one degree of glory/holiness to a higher degree of glory and holiness. I hope this helps, if not drop more questions here and the Holy Spirit will help us to engage them adequately. Great Grace Brethren!!!
Re: Remaining Incorruptible In This Corruptible World by Myer(m): 1:14pm On Jan 21, 2021
ochibuogwu5:
By the mercy and grace of God, I live each second by faith in the Crucified Jesus Christ and do not sin.
I am still human; with all the human emotions, free-will, mind, memory, organs of senses and human body parts.
This is the work of the Holy Spirit at work inside and around me for years now and He keeps growing this NEW CREATION LIFE from one degree of glory and holiness to a higher degree of holiness and glory
thus
"Therefore, my dear ones, as you have always obeyed [my suggestions], so now, not only [with the enthusiasm you would show] in my presence but much more because I am absent, work out (cultivate, carry out to the goal, and fully complete) your own salvation with reverence and awe and trembling (self-distrust, with serious caution, tenderness of conscience, watchfulness against temptation, timidly shrinking from whatever might offend God and discredit the name of Christ).

13 *[Not in your own strength] for it is God Who is all the while effectually at work in you [energizing and creating in you the power and desire], both to will and to work for His good pleasure and satisfaction and delight.*" (Phil. 2:12-13 ampc)

Jesus Life within those who believe is *what keeps us; holy, spotless, without wrinkle or stain each second* through the *fresh activations/manifestations of His Holy Spirit and Word* thus "And so for their sake and on their behalf I sanctify (dedicate, consecrate) Myself, that they also may be sanctified (dedicated, consecrated, made holy) in the Truth." (John 17:19)

In the old testament which is a shadow of the real thing(the New Covenant) during the days of Elijah(1 Kings 19:18), God kept 7000 people *without sin* how much more in these days of the New Covenant thus "I ask then: Has God totally rejected and disowned His people? Of course not! Why, I myself am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, a member of the tribe of Benjamin!

2 No, God has not rejected and disowned His people [whose destiny] He had marked out and appointed and foreknown from the beginning. Do you not know what the Scripture says of Elijah, how he pleads with God against Israel?

3 Lord, they have killed Your prophets; they have demolished Your altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life.

4 But what is God’s reply to him? I have kept for Myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal!

5 So too at the present time there is a remnant (a small believing minority), selected (chosen) by grace (by God’s unmerited favor and graciousness).

6 But if it is by grace (His unmerited favor and graciousness), it is no longer conditioned on works or anything men have done. Otherwise, grace would no longer be grace [it would be meaningless]." (Romans 11:1-6 ampc)

"And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby), that He may remain with you forever—" (John 14:16)

"Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God." (1 John 3:9)

"And He(the Holy Spirit) will establish you to the end [keep you steadfast, give you strength, and guarantee your vindication; He will be your warrant against all accusation/temptations or indictment so that you will be] guiltless and irreproachable in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah).

9 God is faithful (reliable, trustworthy, and therefore ever true to His promise, and He can be depended on); by Him you were called into companionship and participation with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord." (1 Corinthians 1:8-9 ampc)

"And this is why I am suffering as I do. Still I am not ashamed, *for I know (perceive, have knowledge of, and am acquainted with) Him Whom I have believed (adhered to and trusted in and relied on),* and I am [positively] persuaded that *He is able to guard and keep that which has been entrusted to me* and which I have committed [to Him(my soul)] *until that day*." (2 Timothy 1:12 ampc)

"And now [brethren], I commit you to God [I deposit you in His charge, entrusting you to His protection and care]. And *I commend you to the Word of His grace [to the commands and counsels and promises of His unmerited favor]*. It is *able to build you up and to give you [your rightful] inheritance among all God’s set-apart ones (those consecrated, purified, and transformed of soul)* in Jesus name. Amen." (Acts. 20:32 ampc)

"For whatever is born of God is victorious over the world; and this is the victory that conquers the world, even our faith.
5 Who is it that is victorious over [that conquers] the world but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God [who adheres to, trusts in, and relies on that fact]?
6 This is He Who came by (with) water and blood [His baptism and His death], Jesus Christ (the Messiah)—not by (in) the water only, but by (in) the water and the blood. And it is the [Holy] Spirit Who bears witness, because the [Holy] Spirit is the Truth." (1 John 5:4-6 ampc)

"Now to *Him Who is able to keep you without stumbling or slipping or falling, and to present [you] unblemished (blameless and faultless) before the presence of His glory in triumphant joy and exultation [with unspeakable, ecstatic delight]—*

25 To the one only God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory (splendor), majesty, might and dominion, and power and authority, before all time and now and forever (unto all the ages of eternity). Amen (so be it)." (Jude 1:24-25 ampc)

Let me start by quoting 1 Kings 19:18 that you quoted wrong.

"Yet I will leave seven thousand in Israel, all the knees that have not bowed to Baal, and every mouth that has not kissed him."

No where does it say they did not sin. It only says they had not bowed down to Baal meaning they did not worship another god. So please quote scriptures right.

Now you have quoted some very powerful scriptures from the new testament to attest to the fact that you cannot sin as a Christian right?
But you also pointed out a very important point which is that even though you're a New Creation you're also still human with human inclinations. Meaning you find yourself doing things you will not to do ( Romans 7:13-25)
My question therefore is, When your human inclinations take over and you find yourself committing those things listed as sins, how then can you say you do not sin?

(1) (Reply)

Household Enemies Exposed / Pastor In Trouble For Rubbing Anointing Oil On A Woman’s Private Parts / Can We Find Messiah Amongst Men?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.