Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,276 members, 7,829,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Now Am Feeling Depressed. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Now Am Feeling Depressed. (1410 Views)

She Divorced Her Husband For Wasting Her Life Savings Of N4.5million / I Came Back After 25 Years Abroad And All My Life Savings Becomes A STORY / Am Feeling guilty Because Of My Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Now Am Feeling Depressed. by Iamdbull: 2:59pm On Jan 21, 2021
I decided to open a new account to post this, as I am posting this am holding tears back because am inside a bus from Lagos back to my base in Ogun state.

The last thing I want in my life is to be a public figure because am a strong introvert and I hardly go out, I just want to be left alone.

Now during this festive period I travelled to my home state and on getting home, everyone was just talking about my old song and they were disturbing me to freestyle for them.

Deep down this started making me feel like am not following my purpose in life, I started having this feeling that on my dying bed I will live to regret that I didnt following my music career and thinking about the number of people my music could have put smile on their faces. I will never forgive myself, because what is life when you cant use your talent to be of service to humanity.

When I see younger artiste like Omah lay, Bella schmurda, etc I start feeling jealous and envious and the last thing I want is to be envious of another man's success.

Now even though everywhere was a lively mood and everywhere bubbling in the studio. On going home I started becoming depressed looking at the amount of money I spent on recording ( I really wanted the best so I decided to work with an expensive professional sound engineer that worked on Wizkid made in lagos album.

I can't tell anybody about what I did because I will be mocked at home for spending such an amount on my useless music career(as they will say at home). Tears is beginning to roll down my eyes as I write this but fortunately everywhere is dark.

I am panicking and feeling the song will be wack when it comes out and am a good for nothing person. I can't hold back tears in the bus.

Below is a picture of when I was invited by glo to come and perform but I bleeped it up because I was too shy to perform well in front of the crowd, Tuface, D'banj, don jazzy, Wizkid were all present

The reason why am writing this here is because nairaland is my only home. it's my only family. I love you all

1 Like

Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Now Am Feeling Depressed. by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jan 21, 2021
You are actually cursing yourself.
If I have the fund to enter studio now, I will and I will never regret it rather, I will be optimistic and look for ways to promote massively..
Made same mistake you are making now in 2009 and 2014..

Let me burst your bubble, I too might have been a known musician right now cos I released my first single when wizzy did Holla at your boy..
I was even the one that bounced for him back then when he came with banky to royal shekina ilorin..
Listening to him sing that day couple with the admiration people gave him killed my vibe right there...
Tried again in 2014, people hailed me but maybe na village people made me loose interest..
Recorded at egbeda with lala smoke da music..

So you see, never get depressed when you do something you love doing..
I will still kick start that career later this year and I will give it all I got cos that's what I know how to do best

6 Likes

Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Now Am Feeling Depressed. by Ofemmanu1: 3:12pm On Jan 21, 2021
Shut happens bro.
I blame the fuckingg greasy producer.

He knew you're not at the level yet he took the job without doing his part.

He should have schooled/mentor/train you more instead of producing a dumb wack songs for you.

But, the good news is..
it's not the end, you can always start again and again, never remain a failure.
Get back to it, learn some grinds, perfect your lyrics and launch yourself in a new way.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Now Am Feeling Depressed. by Ayofaks(f): 3:15pm On Jan 21, 2021
Bro, please be optimistic and remove negative thoughts from your mind. Remember as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he.

You will succeed even beyond your imaginations, you've started already and I believe in your ability to overcome your fear of failure.

Just do it, do it kiss

3 Likes

Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Now Am Feeling Depressed. by KingAlayinde(m): 4:15pm On Jan 21, 2021
Iamdbull:
I decided to open a new account to post this, as I am posting this am holding tears back because am inside a bus from Lagos back to my base in Ogun state.

The last thing I want in my life is to be a public figure because am a strong introvert and I hardly go out, I just want to be left alone.

Now during this festive period I travelled to my home state and on getting home, everyone was just talking about my old song and they were disturbing me to freestyle for them.

Deep down this started making me feel like am not following my purpose in life, I started having this feeling that on my dying bed I will live to regret that I didnt following my music career and thinking about the number of people my music could have put smile on their faces. I will never forgive myself, because what is life when you cant use your talent to be of service to humanity.

When I see younger artiste like Omah lay, Bella schmurda, etc I start feeling jealous and envious and the last thing I want is to be envious of another man's success.

Now even though everywhere was a lively mood and everywhere bubbling in the studio. On going home I started becoming depressed looking at the amount of money I spent on recording ( I really wanted the best so I decided to work with an expensive professional sound engineer that worked on Wizkid made in lagos album.

I can't tell anybody about what I did because I will be mocked at home for spending such an amount on my useless music career(as they will say at home). Tears is beginning to roll down my eyes as I write this but fortunately everywhere is dark.

I am panicking and feeling the song will be wack when it comes out and am a good for nothing person. I can't hold back tears in the bus.

Below is a picture of when I was invited by glo to come and perform but I bleeped it up because I was too shy to perform well in front of the crowd, Tuface, D'banj, don jazzy, Wizkid were all present

The reason why am writing this here is because nairaland is my only home. it's my only family. I love you all

bro just keep on pushing, thinks we're sames shoes just different career..... it all about grace.... averages singers are even making it than the good ones in this country that where you God to respect God
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Now Am Feeling Depressed. by KingAlayinde(m): 4:16pm On Jan 21, 2021
southniyikaye:
If I have the fund to enter studio now, I will and I will never regret it rather, I will be optimistic and look for ways to promote massively..

Let me burst your bubble, I too might have been a known musician right now cos I released my first single when wizzy did Holla at your boy..
I was even the one that bounced for him back then when he came with banky to royal shekina ilorin..
Listening to him sing that day couple with the admiration people gave him killed my vibe right there...
Tried again in 2014, people hailed me but maybe na village people made me loose interest..

I will still kick start that career later this year and I will give it all I got cos that's what I know how to do best

nice one bro
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Now Am Feeling Depressed. by FatherCHRISTMAS: 5:21pm On Jan 21, 2021
Even Terry G shine
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Now Am Feeling Depressed. by Adaanna(f): 5:39pm On Jan 21, 2021
Confidence is the first secret of success. be calming down bro and be positive.

Remember this " success is not the absent of fear, but it is the ability to fight and defeat fear when it's springs up."

God bless your hustle.

3 Likes

Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Now Am Feeling Depressed. by Ghostrye: 6:03pm On Jan 21, 2021
I have a feeling that you are actually a good musician, just that you are shy and not a good performer on stage and whatnot. As long as you have the voice and the creativity to write down good songs, the stage fright can be trained away. So mafo, you've taken a step and even if this step feels wrong, it beats the alternative of doing nothing with the talent you have.
I hope to see you at the top someday man. Keep up the hustle

2 Likes

Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Now Am Feeling Depressed. by Iamdbull: 7:23pm On Jan 21, 2021
southniyikaye:

wow I feel inspired boss, thanks
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Now Am Feeling Depressed. by Iamdbull: 7:24pm On Jan 21, 2021
Ofemmanu1:
Shut happens bro.
I blame the fuckingg greasy producer.

He knew you're not at the level yet he took the job without doing his part.

He should have schooled/mentor/train you more instead of producing a dumb wack songs for you.

But, the good news is..
it's not the end, you can always start again and again, never remain a failure.
Get back to it, learn some grinds, perfect your lyrics and launch yourself in a new way.
the song is not out yet
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Now Am Feeling Depressed. by Iamdbull: 8:27pm On Jan 21, 2021
Adaanna:
Confidence is the first secret of success. be calming down bro and be positive.

Remember this " success is not the absent of fear, but it is the ability to fight and defeat fear when it's springs up."

God bless your hustle.
thank you I will definitely put in more confidence
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Now Am Feeling Depressed. by Iamdbull: 9:26pm On Jan 21, 2021
Ayofaks:
Bro, please be optimistic and remove negative thoughts from your mind. Remember as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he.

You will succeed even beyond your imaginations, you've started already and I believe in your ability to overcome your fear of failure.

Just do it, do it kiss
thanks
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Now Am Feeling Depressed. by merieam16(f): 9:57am On Jan 22, 2021
Your helper will locate you, dont give up on ur dreams
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Now Am Feeling Depressed. by tuneday101: 1:28pm On Jan 22, 2021
Bro just promote your songs, djs, radio stations, tip officials and do give away on media or have a blogger with excess fanbase introduce your craft also tunecore has you covered for music revenues too once you don advertise. I am an entertainer too

2 Likes

Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Now Am Feeling Depressed. by Iamdbull: 2:05pm On Jan 23, 2021
tuneday101:
Bro just promote your songs, djs, radio stations, tip officials and do give away on media or have a blogger with excess fanbase introduce your craft also tunecore has you covered for music revenues too once you don advertise. I am an entertainer too
omo these things you listed can be very expensive ooo
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Now Am Feeling Depressed. by LongNipple(m): 2:49pm On Jan 23, 2021
You will RISE AGAIN.

What people dont know is being a Musician is the same as being an Entrepreneur. You are a Business owner. And your business is Music. Music needs Capital to Start. (Money for Studio Sessions)
Music needs Capital to Run. (Running Capital mainly for Marketing/Promotion).

A Musician is an Entrepreneur and you have got to be Strong to pursue it. That's why upcoming musicians try so hard to get sign to a Record Label so they can be in charge of the running costs. Doing it solo is going to driain you especially if you are not financially strong.

My Advise:
1) Wait till you are financially buoyant. Most Musicians do a lot of dirty things to get money to pursue Music. If you think I'm lying, go and watch the Fox TV Drama series "Empire". You will understand better. The lead character and record label owner/Musician in that series got all his initial wealth by pushing Drugs.

2) If only Record Labels were still recruiting now, they would have taken you but I don't know if they still are. The truth is getting signed by a label this days is like a cow entering the eye of a needle.

3) Probably it's NOT yet your time. keep developing yourself. Keep working on your voice. Everyday write new songs. Read about Music. Build yourself. Look for things that can put money in your pocket while your pass through the fire of Time.
Preparedness brings opportunities.
When God says it's your time to Shine, lines will fall in pleasant places for you.

I know all these because I'm also a Creative who was also chasing my Acting dream but wasn't booking jobs atall until I prayed and God told me it's not yet my time.

1 Like

Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Now Am Feeling Depressed. by Iamdbull: 4:34pm On Jan 23, 2021
LongNipple:
You will RISE AGAIN.

What people dont know is being a Musician is the same as being an Entrepreneur. You are a Business owner. And your business is Music. Music needs Capital to Start. (Money for Studio Sessions)
Music needs Capital to Run. (Running Capital mainly for Marketing/Promotion).

A Musician is an Entrepreneur and you have got to be Strong to pursue it. That's why upcoming musicians try so hard to get sign to a Record Label so they can be in charge of the running costs. Doing it solo is going to driain you especially if you are not financially strong.

My Advise:
1) Wait till you are financially buoyant. Most Musicians do a lot of dirty things to get money to pursue Music. If you think I'm lying, go and watch the Fox TV Drama series "Empire". You will understand better. The lead character and record label owner/Musician in that series got all his initial wealth by pushing Drugs.

2) If only Record Labels were still recruiting now, they would have taken you but I don't know if they still are. The truth is getting signed by a label this days is like a cow entering the eye of a needle.

3) Probably it's nother yet your time. keep developing yourself. Keep working on your voice. Everyday write new songs. Read about Music. Build yourself. Look for things that can put money in your pocket while your pass through the fire of Time.
Preparedness brings opportunities.
When God says it's your time to Shine, lines will fall in pleasant places for you.

I know all these because I'm also a Creative who was also chasing my Acting dream but wasn't booking jobs atall until I prayed and God told me it's not yet my time.

Thanks alot for the advise I really appreciate it. God bless you
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Now Am Feeling Depressed. by Iamdbull: 9:00pm On Jan 23, 2021
Sennchristenn:
Sorry ooo
Thanks
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Now Am Feeling Depressed. by x2x2(m): 9:43pm On Jan 23, 2021
I do gospel ,an introvert too. Bro don't give up on your dream.Just have this might set that you're the best,no matter what is happening around you now. No matter how people talk you down,never let it affect who you are..
Even the happening artists right now,still dey get people when no dey like their doings.
Keep developing yourself.. Voice training, writing good songs and rehazin stage performance .
Another thing: Don't try to imitate anybody, just do your thing. Your voice must be your voice, don't sing like any other person.
You're a brand, so you must do everything to build that brand (You)

Give up no dey o... Music is Life
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Now Am Feeling Depressed. by Iamdbull: 11:08pm On Jan 23, 2021
x2x2:
I do gospel ,an introvert too. Bro don't give up on your dream.Just have this might set that you're the best,no matter what is happening around you now. No matter how people talk you down,never let it affect who you are..
Even the happening artists right now,still dey get people when no dey like their doings.
Keep developing yourself.. Voice training, writing good songs and rehazin stage performance .
Another thing: Don't try to imitate anybody, just do your thing. Your voice must be your voice, don't sing like any other person.
You're a brand, so you must do everything to build that brand (You)

Give up no dey o... Music is Life

thanks alot for the motivation. I really appreciate it

1 Like

Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Now Am Feeling Depressed. by Iamdbull: 1:57pm On Jan 24, 2021
ok

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Help Before Its Too Late!!! / Marriage Brings Financial Success? / How My Bike Brought Me Shame Of No Small Proportion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.