Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,893 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Marriage Brings Financial Success? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Brings Financial Success? (1396 Views)

Man Brings Home His 11yr Old Secret Son To His Wife Of 13yrs (pics/video) / Married Woman Disrupts Husband Secret Wedding, Brings Their Child To The Altar / Zimbabwean Woman Sacks Husband, Brings In Boyfriend, Have Sex In Front Of Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Brings Financial Success? by jmoore(m): 12:20pm On Jan 07, 2022
I have seen some folks making statements that marriage opens doors.

Simple Question: Why do we have poor married couples?

Getting married with no tangible source of income and hoping that marriage will bring financial success is a gamble.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Brings Financial Success? by Bola146(f): 12:24pm On Jan 07, 2022
it was true before Buhari came in grin cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Brings Financial Success? by Tejumola856: 12:29pm On Jan 07, 2022
Leave them, body go tell them.
Re: Marriage Brings Financial Success? by Chloraseptic: 12:48pm On Jan 07, 2022
The only things marriage brings are children and constant fûcking

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Brings Financial Success? by Botking: 12:56pm On Jan 07, 2022
Marriage make you a more better individual then a single fellow

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Brings Financial Success? by Double0h7(f): 12:59pm On Jan 07, 2022
YES! for two driven, motivated, and ambitious people...

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Brings Financial Success? by Richy4(m): 1:12pm On Jan 07, 2022
Botking:

Any prove?

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Brings Financial Success? by Tejumola856: 1:34pm On Jan 07, 2022
Chloraseptic:
The only things marriage brings are children and constant fûcking

Your head is correct angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Marriage Brings Financial Success? by ibechris(m): 1:42pm On Jan 07, 2022
This is my personal findings.
Two intended couples who sits down and plan how each of them will contribute to marriage usually have some sorts of success.

But those that plan only for wedding,often dont make it seriously.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Brings Financial Success? by Botking: 1:45pm On Jan 07, 2022
Richy4:

Any prove?

Get married first then you will understand the perspective

1 Like

Re: Marriage Brings Financial Success? by jmoore(m): 3:16pm On Jan 07, 2022
Botking:

You don't need to jump from ten story building before you can conclude it will be fatal.

There are many poor married folks in Nigeria.

There are many single folks better than some married people. Being better has nothing to do with being married or single.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage Brings Financial Success? by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:25pm On Jan 07, 2022
jmoore:

Getting married with no tangible source of income and hoping that marriage will bring financial success is a gamble.

does going to uni and having a degree making you rich ? the answer can go either way

the main thing is that there are lots of variables day to day struggles that can hinder your success while you have that degree

the same applies to marriage lots of hinderance from eg interfering parents, your partner not being ambious as you, wife/husband putting his/her parents 1st before his own family etc

1 Like

Re: Marriage Brings Financial Success? by Klass99(f): 3:29pm On Jan 07, 2022

1 Like

Re: Marriage Brings Financial Success? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jan 07, 2022

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage Brings Financial Success? by pansophist(m): 3:52pm On Jan 07, 2022
Yes, if both the man and the woman have sense. If one is a goal getter, while the other is a leech, then its a recipe for poverty. Two good heads (not Just two heads) are better than one.

It's cheaper for two people to cook and eat together, save together, pay their bills together and pursue their unified plan together. Because if two person are operating on 100% capacity each, then you'll half the time it will take one person to get there. Marriage is a team work, like a football team. Not only one person being the goalkeeper and the scorer.

Sadly, a lot of young people especially women are very delusional about marriage, they see it as a place of enjoyment, like they've entered heaven on earth. To just slay till death. But men generally see it as a place of responsibility, hence you see men running away from it. Marriage can be a blessing or a curse, it all depends on the individuals involved in it.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage Brings Financial Success? by Richy4(m): 4:02pm On Jan 07, 2022
Botking:

Funny.. What made u think I wasn't? Because I asked u to substantiate your claim? smiley

1 Like

Re: Marriage Brings Financial Success? by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:20pm On Jan 07, 2022
pansophist:
Yes, if both the man and the woman have sense. If one is a goal getter, while the other is a leech, then its a recipe for poverty. Two good heads (not Just two heads) are better than one.

It's cheaper for two people to cook and eat together, save together, pay their bills together and pursue their unified plan together. Because if two person are operating on 100% capacity each, then you'll half the time it will take one person to get there. Marriage is a team work, like a football team. Not only one person being the goalkeeper and the scorer.

Sadly, a lot of young people especially women are very delusional about marriage, they see it as a place of enjoyment, like they've entered heaven on earth. To just slay till death. But men generally see it as a place of responsibility, hence you see men running away from it. Marriage can be a blessing or a curse, it all depends on the individuals involved in it.

Your wisdom is too much.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Marriage Brings Financial Success? by socialmediaman: 4:34pm On Jan 07, 2022
jmoore:

Life is not that straightforward. There are rules to everything. The same law that guarantees freedom of speech jails people for hate speech.

Getting married opens doors, that’s true, but it doesn’t guarantee open doors for everyone that gets married. It doesn’t also guarantee that the doors will remain open. Also, there’s no guarantee that you’ll see the open doors if you’re blindfolded, or that the doors will be wide open. Sometimes a door is slightly open that you hardly notice.

Know yourself fully, then find your soulmate, someone who’s capable of adding more meaning and fulfillment to your life. Sometimes she brings wisdom, sometimes motivation, sometimes network, sometimes children who will make you proud and open more doors, sometimes even resources

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Brings Financial Success? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jan 07, 2022
Tejumola856:
Leave them, body go tell them.
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Marriage Brings Financial Success? by wunmi590(m): 8:12pm On Jan 07, 2022

Some are always lucky (those who use their sense)

1 Like

Re: Marriage Brings Financial Success? by Truvelisback(m): 9:34pm On Jan 07, 2022
jmoore:

If marriage brings financial success nai many guys never marry?
Re: Marriage Brings Financial Success? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 07, 2022
If you know what's good for you.... Don't listen to nairalders. Just get married when you find the right one. And have @ most 3 kids. So you won't be begging family and friends to pay there school fees and feed them too..

Also it'll be nice if your spouse is earning a little something while been generous too..

Above all have a good heart and pray to God like your marriage depends on it.. cool cool cool coolV
Re: Marriage Brings Financial Success? by Polynek(m): 12:10am On Jan 08, 2022
pansophist:

You hv said it all,
Pls sir are u married? And i will like to know where you schooled?

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Brings Financial Success? by pansophist(m): 12:38am On Jan 08, 2022
Polynek:
You hv said it all,
Pls sir are u married? And i will like to know where you schooled?

I'm not married. And I schooled at the university of autodidactism.

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Brings Financial Success? by sapoyoro(m): 6:01am On Jan 08, 2022
pansophist:

I love this
Re: Marriage Brings Financial Success? by debbydams(f): 6:37am On Jan 08, 2022
Bola146:
it was true before Buhari came in grin cheesy
lol, sometime it's true, my neighbor that got married 9 years ago said he has nothing before he met his wife(not too poor) after their marriage he got his first car, built two houses...even my parents.im not saying it will work for everyone but, a man can settle down if he's averagly rich and if he's lucky to meet a good woman then he's twice lucky.
Re: Marriage Brings Financial Success? by debbydams(f): 6:38am On Jan 08, 2022
Botking:
hummm
Re: Marriage Brings Financial Success? by debbydams(f): 6:41am On Jan 08, 2022
pansophist:

well said
Re: Marriage Brings Financial Success? by obowunmi(m): 11:43am On Jan 08, 2022
pansophist:

[/b]

[b]My dad was the LEECH. Just eat, sleep and knack my mom. No other contribution.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Brings Financial Success? by Tpharell: 12:52pm On Jan 08, 2022
There are probably more married people struggling to make ends meet than single individuals in their thirties. The married folks might be doing better emotionally with the close companionship, but many still resort to single friends to meet some financial needs since the burden might be easier to carry as a single and easier to manage

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Brings Financial Success? by Polynek(m): 6:19pm On Jan 08, 2022
pansophist:

I'm not married. And I schooled at the university of autodidactism.
alright, but I haven't heard the name of this school b4

(1) (2) (Reply)

As A Married Person, If Your Spouse Starved You Of Intimacy, How Will You React? / We Rise By Lifting Others / I Need To Beat Up My Inlaw.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.