Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,701 members, 7,831,189 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) (52659 Views)

Portable Gifts Mama Rainbow Wads Of Naira Notes / Idris Adepoju: Salawa Abeni Remembers Her First Son 20 Years After Death (Photo) / Tonto Dikeh Remembers Her Mother, 30 Years After Her Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by HeWrites(m): 4:10pm On Jan 22, 2021
Veteran Nollywood actress Mama Rainbow has remembered her husband Ayanfemi Phillips 37 years after he died, Igbere TV reports.

The 78-year-old shared a picture of Mr Phillips in an Instagram post on Friday.

She said they celebrated their 10th wedding anniversary in the 70s.

“37 YEARS AGO JUST STILL LIKE YESTERDAY MY DEAREST HUSBAND ❤️����lost my husband some years ago We celebrated our 10-year anniversary in 70s and we were looking forward to many more years to come, but God had a different plan. I miss him every second.

“I find my comfort and strength from the Holy scriptures and remembering how he loved and I can’t never forget how much femi loves me BUT today he has come back @officialfemiphillips @olabisiomolara8 @rotimiashiwaju,” she wrote.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKWSie4FVaQ/

Born Idowu Philips, Mama Rainbow told PUNCH in 2018 that she was glad she never remarried.

“I had the intention of remarrying after I lost my husband, there was even a time a man visited me in my house when we were all eating with my children and some other youths that stayed with me; he had to ask me if all the youths in my house were my children, I replied him in the affirmative.

“Due to my reply, he asked me a rhetorical question that insinuated he was overwhelmed with the number of children he would have to cater for when he married me. After that time, I never saw him again.

“After this incident, I never thought of getting married again because I was no longer interested because most of them used to lie a lot,” she said.

Phillips worked closely with late patriarch of Nigerian film industry Herbert Ogunde.

Ogunde died on April 4, 1990.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by Houseofglam7(f): 4:50pm On Jan 22, 2021
Awwwwww
May his soul continue to rest in peace

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by illicit(m): 5:09pm On Jan 22, 2021
Well, that man knows his onions....

Japa !

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by slawormiir: 8:16pm On Jan 22, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....

True love....

Not the scam we have nowadays

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by Sunisonflex39(m): 8:16pm On Jan 22, 2021
Mummy Wa i know.
which one is mama rainbow again?

Mummy wa iS sexy
Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jan 22, 2021
Meow meow.

I’m impressed.

We’ll all Rest In Power some day.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by Coolx: 8:17pm On Jan 22, 2021
k
Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by Ncpro: 8:17pm On Jan 22, 2021
It is well
Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jan 22, 2021
Rip baba rainbow
This family really like rainbow sotey rainbow even dey the husband barground

13 Likes

Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by Openyamind111(m): 8:17pm On Jan 22, 2021
This woman wey no dey old for Yoruba movie..

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by Kobicove(m): 8:17pm On Jan 22, 2021
You mean this woman did not remarry for almost 40years shocked

16 Likes

Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by abidoye21722: 8:18pm On Jan 22, 2021
Well, that man knows his onions....

1 Like

Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by djflexcy: 8:18pm On Jan 22, 2021
Iya rainbow love you movies back then while growing up, anyways Rip to him
Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by olaiya2007(m): 8:18pm On Jan 22, 2021
Rip to him
Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by Tonymario58: 8:18pm On Jan 22, 2021
Dude was unfortunate

3 Likes

Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by Womanizer(m): 8:18pm On Jan 22, 2021
Openyamind111:
This woman wey no dey old for Yoruba movie..

She's probably a vampire grin

1 Like

Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by Starcrest1: 8:18pm On Jan 22, 2021
Nawa o that's very long ago.

By the way, I'm back again. To the Mod that banned me, if I say make th****r f**e you naa e go be like say I wicked.

That Mod ain't brilliant......
Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by NinjaMetahuman: 8:18pm On Jan 22, 2021
Baba rainbow
Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by PussyKing(m): 8:18pm On Jan 22, 2021
After another man has been eating her kpekus undecided

Hypocrite angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by oriewanbe: 8:18pm On Jan 22, 2021
This is nice
Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by sacajawea: 8:18pm On Jan 22, 2021
37 or 31 years

8 Likes

Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by Akpuobi1: 8:18pm On Jan 22, 2021
Iya Rainbow � is alright
Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by 12proshere: 8:21pm On Jan 22, 2021
Okay
Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by NipseyHustle(m): 8:22pm On Jan 22, 2021
PussyKing:
After another man has been eating her kpekus undecided

Hypocrite angry
My thoughts exactly grin. She can't say she has been celibate since he passed on...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by SEGLIZ: 8:22pm On Jan 22, 2021
Houseofglam7:
Awwwwww
May his soul continue to rest in peace

exact words: continue to rest.

1 Like

Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jan 22, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....

True love....

Not the scam we have nowadays
You should be thankful for science and technology that DNA testing is now a possibility. You'd be shocked at how many "virtuous" women of that generation committed paternity fraud.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by Enudapan: 8:23pm On Jan 22, 2021
Nah eh! No qualms
Motherly love
Simply the best
Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jan 22, 2021
37 years
that's a long time
but thank God u are alive to witness what your children have become

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Genevieve Nnaji In Traditional Outfit For A Friend's Wedding (photos) / Burna Boy Smokes In Lagos Traffic, Tips Police Officer (Photos, Video) / Stunning Throwback Picture Of Onyeka Onwenu Performing On Stage Years Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.