Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,112 members, 7,852,763 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 04:36 AM

Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) (52722 Views)

Portable Gifts Mama Rainbow Wads Of Naira Notes / Idris Adepoju: Salawa Abeni Remembers Her First Son 20 Years After Death (Photo) / Tonto Dikeh Remembers Her Mother, 30 Years After Her Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by GIANTPLUSHUB: 8:23pm On Jan 22, 2021
May his soul continue to rest in peace
Keep on keeping strong Ma
Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by femi4: 8:25pm On Jan 22, 2021
Sunisonflex39:
Mummy Wa i know.
which one is mama rainbow again?

Mummy wa iS sexy
Indomie generation
Kids everywhere

3 Likes

Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by Yankee101: 8:25pm On Jan 22, 2021
No be all these selfie generation wey no send

1 Like

Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by subcbouy: 8:32pm On Jan 22, 2021
Chii59:

You should be thankful for science and technology that DNA testing is now a possibility. You'd be shocked at how many "virtuous" women of that generation committed paternity fraud.
How many have utilized the said DNA in Nigeria, with all the science and technology sef.
Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by Canberra55: 8:35pm On Jan 22, 2021
OP if he died in 1990 , then it was 31 years ago �
Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 22, 2021
You mean she has been a widow for 37 years, wow such a strong woman.
Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by Warmaterial(m): 8:36pm On Jan 22, 2021
Chii59:

You should be thankful for science and technology that DNA testing is now a possibility. You'd be shocked at how many "virtuous" women of that generation committed paternity fraud.
no generation is without sin but back then they sinned with some fear unlike now.
Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 22, 2021
Warmaterial:
no generation is without sin but back then they sinned with some fear unlike now.
Meaning, you're only guilty if caught.
You place your mothers in a glass box, hallowed and reverenced. If the girls of nowadays are spoilt, your mothers are to blame. As well as your fathers.

2 Likes

Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by Anfield247(m): 8:42pm On Jan 22, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr Isoright....
True love....
Not the scam we have nowadays
Damn niggarrr!
Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by MartinsD12(m): 8:43pm On Jan 22, 2021
HeWrites:
Veteran Nollywood actress Mama Rainbow has remembered her husband Ayanfemi Phillips 37 years after he died, Igbere TV reports.

The 78-year-old shared a picture of Mr Phillips in an Instagram post on Friday.

She said they celebrated their 10th wedding anniversary in the 70s.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKWSie4FVaQ/

Born Idowu Philips, Mama Rainbow told PUNCH in 2018 that she was glad she never remarried.

“I had the intention of remarrying after I lost my husband, there was even a time a man visited me in my house when we were all eating with my children and some other youths that stayed with me; he had to ask me if all the youths in my house were my children, I replied him in the affirmative.

“Due to my reply, he asked me a rhetorical question that insinuated he was overwhelmed with the number of children he would have to cater for when he married me. After that time, I never saw him again.

“After this incident, I never thought of getting married again because I was no longer interested because most of them used to lie a lot,” she said.

Phillips worked closely with late patriarch of Nigerian film industry Herbert Ogunde.

Ogunde died on April 4, 1990.

Too sad but why everytime na man dey always die all the time why can't mama and papa stay alive till old age, why are our men always dying most of us know our mama, papa no dey again it's sad this is always happening in Africa
Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by Bahamas95(m): 8:54pm On Jan 22, 2021
NipseyHustle:

My thoughts exactly grin. She can't say she has been celibate since he passed on...
That doesn't mean she should forget about him totally na. Body nor be firewood, somethings are better left unsaid.

4 Likes

Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by HCF(m): 9:01pm On Jan 22, 2021
Canberra55:

Her husband was Mr Phillips who died 37yrs ago. The man she worked with as an actress was Hubert Ogunde who died 31yrs ago.

Actually, many people erroneously believe she was married to Ogunde then because of their closeness, but she wasn’t. I guess that’s why the OP inserted that paragraph to clarify.

1 Like

Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by NipseyHustle(m): 9:02pm On Jan 22, 2021
Bahamas95:
That doesn't mean she should forget about him totally na. Body nor be firewood, somethings are better left unsaid.

Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by Sunisonflex39(m): 9:03pm On Jan 22, 2021
femi4:
Indomie generation
Kids everywhere

The fact that i dont know who u know doea not make u older than i am..
Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by Liposure: 9:11pm On Jan 22, 2021
Chii59:

You place your mothers in a glass box, hallowed and reverenced. If the girls of nowadays are spoilt, your mothers are to blame. As well as your fathers.
their parents did their best but these girls chose to go astray

1 Like

Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jan 22, 2021
Liposure:
their parents did their best but these girls chose to go astray
Seems you're speaking from personal experience, eh? Black sheep of the family innit?

1 Like

Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by Godbless3(m): 9:13pm On Jan 22, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr Isoright....
True love....

Love comes with riches nowadays.
Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by Liposure: 9:43pm On Jan 22, 2021
Chii59:

Seems you're speaking from personal experience, eh? Black sheep of the family innit?
i guess i ve dated a black sheep before
Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by Dollanaira: 9:49pm On Jan 22, 2021
Hmm
Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by juman(m): 10:28pm On Jan 22, 2021
37 years glorious remembrance.

The time he died the deadly illness then are common illness today.
Like high blood pressure.
Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by juman(m): 10:47pm On Jan 22, 2021
Canberra55:

It was baba Herbert Ogunde that died in1990.

Baba Ogunde was the patriarch of Nigerian film industry.
Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by femi4: 11:00pm On Jan 22, 2021
Canberra55:
Ogunde not Philips died on April 4, 1990
Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by sojayy(m): 11:03pm On Jan 22, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....

True love....

Na still scam y idowu Philips not idowu Albert ogunnde.
Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by Ayoade19993(m): 11:18pm On Jan 22, 2021
so she never taste any dick since then ... scam full this world jare.... a woman was living in our house then saying she doesn't mind if husband no cum home and sex her for 3 to 4 months... aswear e no reach a year she Don born then.. I was thinking say na holy Spirit give her Belle cuz I was young then....
Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by luminouz(m): 12:10am On Jan 23, 2021
Chii59:

Lmaooooo...

You said your... Not 'our'

C'mon ..make it general babe
Re: Mama Rainbow Remembers Her Husband 37 Years After Death (Pix) by omoadeleye(m): 2:36am On Jan 23, 2021
Sunisonflex39:
Mummy Wa i know.
which one is mama rainbow again?

Mummy wa iS sexy

I'm forced to type"mtcheeeew to your post

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stunning Throwback Picture Of Onyeka Onwenu Performing On Stage Years Ago / Angela Okorie Joins IK Ogbonna, Yomi Casual, Alexx Ekubo, Pretty Mike, Groomsmen / Adesua Etomi Reveals Crush For Jidenna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.