Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,256 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

7 Reasons A Christian Should Not Take Alcohol - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Reasons A Christian Should Not Take Alcohol (26133 Views)

Six Important Powers Every Christian Should Seek From God. / Six Things A Christian Should Never Do - Tunde Korede / 7 Things Every Christian Should Do Every Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Reasons A Christian Should Not Take Alcohol by Twinkie1000(m): 9:27am On Jan 24, 2021
Thanks for this piece
Re: 7 Reasons A Christian Should Not Take Alcohol by northvietnam(m): 9:27am On Jan 24, 2021
harmargedon:
Are you saying Jesus whom you worship is not the true Christ. Because it's clearly written in the Bible that Jesus drank alcohol, not just little, but a whole lot of it.

Show me the verse .... I want to use it and finish somebody that always won’t allow me drink in peace
Re: 7 Reasons A Christian Should Not Take Alcohol by Rehdasignature1: 9:29am On Jan 24, 2021
heryur:
But Jesus turned water to wine which means we can take wine and leave beer alone

I hope you were their to confirm its taste. I guess you are very sure that its alcoholic wine.

Get Wisdom cos its profitable to direct.
Re: 7 Reasons A Christian Should Not Take Alcohol by Nobody: 9:29am On Jan 24, 2021
Whatever you do, OP, remember the wedding at Cana(less emphasis on the miracle part now but on the message).

There can be no bigger authority than that considering the fact that Christians, by default, are meant to follow the Messiah's teachings.

Even Paul counseled taking a little wine in one of his epistles.

Before you say anything, I have Christian roots too. So, what you think you know, I know better.

Naturally, I don't comment on such posts. Religion, politics, count me out. But I hate religious fundamentalism and it is gradually creeping into Christianity.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons A Christian Should Not Take Alcohol by northvietnam(m): 9:29am On Jan 24, 2021
Topmaike007:
why thanking The same God you don't believe?

He’s a confused fella grin grin grin grin grin

As confused as Risky BOB
Re: 7 Reasons A Christian Should Not Take Alcohol by Beverlyjean(f): 9:30am On Jan 24, 2021
Its not a sin to drink alcohol, stop manipulating the bible to ur personal beliefs...getting drunk is what is a sin cos it makes u mk bad decisions mostly...being a glutton is a sin too but does that mean we should not eat again

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons A Christian Should Not Take Alcohol by TrueChristians: 9:30am On Jan 24, 2021
Jesus looked at them and said, ‘With man it is impossible, but not with God. For all things are possible with God.”
Re: 7 Reasons A Christian Should Not Take Alcohol by Toonice(m): 9:31am On Jan 24, 2021
Can't find Goldberg there, why?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons A Christian Should Not Take Alcohol by Topmaike007(m): 9:31am On Jan 24, 2021
samx4real:

God bless you too... I wish we can take one or two bottles together with pepper soup oh.

The OP when get this article go forget all this him 7point agendas.
which brand you like self?
Re: 7 Reasons A Christian Should Not Take Alcohol by Topmaike007(m): 9:32am On Jan 24, 2021
northvietnam:

He’s a confused fella grin grin grin grin grin

As confused as Risky BOB
I swear cheesy
Re: 7 Reasons A Christian Should Not Take Alcohol by Grandmeister(m): 9:32am On Jan 24, 2021
heryur:
But Jesus turned water to wine which means we can take wine and leave beer alone
They will tell you that it wasn’t wine but juice Lol. All wines were alcoholic in those days because they underwent fermentation. Christ was even accused of being a drunk because he dined and WINED at the house of zacchaeus! When he shared the last supper he gave his followers WINE. Wine is gotten from different grapes and grapes were created by The ALMIGHTY. You mock the works of God by calling his creations unclean! An error Peter made in the book of Acts but God corrected him by telling him that all his works were clean to eat. Christ himself told us that what goes into our body doesn’t make us unclean but what comes out of our body. Drinking wine won’t make you unclean but acting sinfully because of wine will be sin. So if you can’t drink wine without misbehaving then don’t! But don’t tell others not to..the same thing Paul said when he told Jewish believers not to accuse believers who aren’t Jewish of sin because they ate certain meats or because they didn’t observe certain Jewish days or because they weren’t circumcised.

Don’t you know that palm wine is also a gift from God? Don’t you know that if I tapped a fresh palm wine and left it for some hours it will become fermented and therefore have alcohol inside it? So God will call me a sinner because I drank a wine he himself gave me to drink? Because I didn’t drink it on time before it got fermented and sour?

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons A Christian Should Not Take Alcohol by TheSourcerer: 9:34am On Jan 24, 2021
theenchanter:
anything wrong? undecided
That was me happy, hope you have a good good Sunday .
Re: 7 Reasons A Christian Should Not Take Alcohol by Livefreeordieha(m): 9:35am On Jan 24, 2021
tumababa:

Ezekiel 44:20-21 (KJV)

Neither shall they shave their heads, nor suffer their locks to grow long; they shall only poll their heads.
Neither shall any priest drink wine, when they enter into the inner court.

If that's anything to go by, then every individual in the church or House of God of the new testament is not supposed to take alcohol, since the church ought to be a gathering of priests.

With the bolded i hope you know if you save your heads , its d same sin as drinking wine...we cant decide to do one and leave the other... shalom!!!

for the above then all omo ile kewu will go to hell , all sars and soldiers shaving people hair and criminalising dreads will burn in purgatory and still rot eventually in hell ..
Re: 7 Reasons A Christian Should Not Take Alcohol by Nobody: 9:35am On Jan 24, 2021
theenchanter:
Thank God I'm an atheist.

Thank God that I am a man who doesn't believe in God.

Does that make sense at all?
Re: 7 Reasons A Christian Should Not Take Alcohol by samx4real(m): 9:36am On Jan 24, 2021
Topmaike007:
which brand you like self?

Bros Henekein or Star will do.

Just two bottles.
Re: 7 Reasons A Christian Should Not Take Alcohol by Grandmeister(m): 9:36am On Jan 24, 2021
Rehdasignature1:

I hope you were their to confirm its taste. I guess you are very sure that its alcoholic wine.

Oga YOU should get wisdom! The non alcoholic wine you drink today is as a result of modern technology! Naturally a pressed out wine from a grape will ferment on its own. That was what people were drinking for centuries! Just as how a freshly tapped palm wine will ferment on its own..so God will judge me guilty not because I drank palm wine( which he himself gave me to drink) but because I drank it three or fours later? You ridicule The Creator without even realizing it.

5 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons A Christian Should Not Take Alcohol by Topmaike007(m): 9:38am On Jan 24, 2021
samx4real:

Bros Henekein or Star will do.

Just two bottles.
na big men dey take star oo,me na small stout and hero be the way oo
Re: 7 Reasons A Christian Should Not Take Alcohol by theenchanter: 9:38am On Jan 24, 2021
TheSourcerer:
That was me happy, hope you have a good good Sunday .
alright, thanks.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons A Christian Should Not Take Alcohol by DeMoneyGenius: 9:39am On Jan 24, 2021
Wine kuku come expensive for naija.
I don't drink wine, I don't take strong drink.
I only flow with beer, whiskey, rum and brandy.
Sometimes, gin to the rescue.
Fellas be quoting the old testament whenever it suites them.
I am a Christian.
I am born of the new covenant.
Old things are passed away.
Behold everything is now new.
Good luck to those who still live in the old.
Re: 7 Reasons A Christian Should Not Take Alcohol by Nobody: 9:40am On Jan 24, 2021
Rehdasignature1:

It was definitely alcohol.

A jewish party without booze in those days just wasn't a party.

Non-alcoholic wine does not exist. That is just fruit juice at best.

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.doctrineanddevotion.com/blog/wine&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjNlrq5lbTuAhWXHewKHTJiCPkQFnoECAsQAg&usg=AOvVaw0WXXp22iAqVDdbjvQL2MP7

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.thescottsmithblog.com/2018/07/the-good-wine-of-wedding-at-cana-whats.html%3Fm%3D1&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjNlrq5lbTuAhWXHewKHTJiCPkQFnoECAYQBA&usg=AOvVaw2-cd9DCkUbuoKGk7MrWwqX
Re: 7 Reasons A Christian Should Not Take Alcohol by harmargedon: 9:42am On Jan 24, 2021
northvietnam:

Show me the verse .... I want to use it and finish somebody that always won’t allow me drink in peace
Mathew 11:19, luke 7:34,
Re: 7 Reasons A Christian Should Not Take Alcohol by Nobody: 9:42am On Jan 24, 2021
Beverlyjean:
Its not a sin to drink alcohol, stop manipulating the bible to ur personal beliefs...getting drunk is what is a sin cos it makes u mk bad decisions mostly...being a glutton is a sin too but does that mean we should not eat again

Not always! Not always.
Re: 7 Reasons A Christian Should Not Take Alcohol by DeMoneyGenius: 9:43am On Jan 24, 2021
Rehdasignature1:

Uncle Methuselah, I greet you oo.
Shebi you were there to confirm that it was non-alcoholic?
Re: 7 Reasons A Christian Should Not Take Alcohol by Akacollins7: 9:44am On Jan 24, 2021
I have said it that Christianity is a fake. See how he just selected the one that he want use and deceive his followers, So that offering money will not temper. God will reword in full. Layers and sapients
Re: 7 Reasons A Christian Should Not Take Alcohol by jelinco1982(m): 9:46am On Jan 24, 2021
Me wey just opened blackwood to clear hangover, hope am not a sinner.
Re: 7 Reasons A Christian Should Not Take Alcohol by Lewisdinho(m): 9:48am On Jan 24, 2021
And you said Thank "God" Why thank who you don't believe exist.
theenchanter:
Thank God I'm an atheist.
Re: 7 Reasons A Christian Should Not Take Alcohol by uglodoh(f): 9:53am On Jan 24, 2021
BOLLD:

Do you know if it's was an alcoholic wine or just ordinary?

There is nothing like ordinary wine. Wine naturally contains alcohol.
Re: 7 Reasons A Christian Should Not Take Alcohol by Thayay(m): 9:57am On Jan 24, 2021
Thank God, Orijin no dey inside the picture. So I'm safe smiley
Re: 7 Reasons A Christian Should Not Take Alcohol by Champneys: 9:59am On Jan 24, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
7 Reasons Why A Christian Should Not Take Alcohol

1. It is misleading and deceptive.

It has the tendency to make people become vulnerable to sin and to fall into temptations.

Proverbs 20:1 (KJV)

Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.

2. It is addictive.

It's easy to say "take a little", but many who have become addicted to alcohol today didn't start by taking much. And once one becomes addicted to it, it's hard to come out of it. That's how many found themselves trapped today. So don't start what you can't finish.

Isaiah 5:22 (KJV)

Woe unto them that are mighty to drink wine, and men of strength to mingle strong drink:

3. It impairs people's judgment.

Isaiah 28:7 (KJV)

But they also have erred through wine, and through strong drink are out of the way; the priest and the prophet have erred through strong drink, they are swallowed up of wine, they are out of the way through strong drink; they err in vision, they stumble in judgment.

Proverbs 31:4-5 (KJV)

It is not for kings, O Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine; nor for princes strong drink:
Lest they drink, and forget the law, and pervert the judgment of any of the afflicted.

4. It's not meant for the consecrated.

In the church or the House of God in the old testament, it was prohibited for the consecrated.

Leviticus 10:8-10 (KJV)

And the LORD spake unto Aaron, saying,
Do not drink wine nor strong drink, thou, nor thy sons with thee, when ye go into the tabernacle of the congregation, lest ye die: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations:
And that ye may put difference between holy and unholy, and between unclean and clean;

Ezekiel 44:20-21 (KJV)

Neither shall they shave their heads, nor suffer their locks to grow long; they shall only poll their heads.
Neither shall any priest drink wine, when they enter into the inner court.

If that's anything to go by, then every individual in the church or House of God of the new testament is not supposed to take alcohol, since the church ought to be a gathering of priests.

5. It does more harm than good.

Whatever benefits there were of taking alcohol, health experts advise that it's best to avoid taking alcohol at all, because it does more harm than good to one's health. It's not even a necessity to begin with, which makes it even more avoidable.

6. It's a counterfeit intoxicating spirit to the original which is the Spirit of God.

Luke 1:15 (KJV)

For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

Ephesians 5:18 (KJV)

And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

The above sayings show that they both have a similar function in the respect of intoxication, however alcohol is the counterfeit while the Holy Spirit is the Original. It's actually the lack of the original that makes people go for the counterfeit which is alcohol, but if e no be the Spirit of God, e no fit be like the Spirit of God. Hence the garbage that comes with taking alcohol, because it's the counterfeit and hence of inferior quality when compared to the Original which is the Holy Spirit. That's why the difference was clearly distinguished in those sayings, and the advise not to be drunk with alcohol but with the Spirit of God, because the difference is very clear. Hence every Christian ought to be filled with the Spirit of God and not alcohol. And when one has the Spirit of God, he wouldn't need alcohol for anything, because any good thing alcohol could give to him, the Spirit of God would give him more of it, and even those good things alcohol lacks and cannot give, like the power to heal the sick, cast out devils, raise the dead, cure the lepers etc. So why would a Spirit-filled Christian want to get high on the counterfeit, when he's already got the Original in the person of the Holy Spirit?

7. It causes spiritual drowsiness.

It makes people to fall asleep and not watch as Jesus had commanded us to do, and that would be one of the reasons many would not be prepared and miss the rapture or His second coming.

Luke 21:34 (KJV)

And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.

Matthew 24:48-51 (KJV)

But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;
And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;
The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,
And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

So let alcohol not be the reason you miss heaven.

God bless.

My friend will you get out of here and go to church! angry
Re: 7 Reasons A Christian Should Not Take Alcohol by samx4real(m): 9:59am On Jan 24, 2021
Topmaike007:
na big men dey take star oo,me na small stout and hero be the way oo

Is alrt... no wahala.

We move

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Stories Behind Great Hymns / The Bankruptcy Of The Prosperity Gospel: An Exercise In Biblical And Theological / Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.